- Extensive understanding of ETL tools like Informatica Power Center and MS SSIS.
- Over 8+ years of Business Analysis experience with in - depth knowledge of business processes in Banking, Health care, Health Insurance field (health care programs)
- Good knowledge of Health Insurance Plans (Medicare Part A, B, C and D), managed care concepts (Medicaid and Medicare) and experienced in determining the membership eligibility, billing experience within life and disability in health plans with thorough understanding of CPT coding, CMS-1500claim forms and reimbursement forms.
- Extensive experience in health care insurance payer systems, Security, Compliance, Healthcare Reform implementation, reporting, integration, equivalent consulting experience
- Having very strong domain knowledge of US health Insurance plans like: HMO, PPO, POS, EPO, Indemnity plans, Medicare & Medicaid.
- Directly managed multiple projects involving multiple team sizes. One of the key projects include Eligibility/Renewal using AGILE and SDLC development methodology.
- Experienced in interacting with business users to identify their needs, gathering requirements and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD),Functional Requirement Document(FRD) and Software Requirement Specification (SRS) across the deliverables of a project.
- Proficient in using Bug tracking and Test management tools like ALM/Quality Center, JIRA and Test Director.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and the business users as well as trained users to use the system configured.
- Experience with Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process (RUP), involved in inception, elaboration, construction & transition phases using rational tools like Requisition, Clear Case, Clear Quest during various phases of RUP.
- Proficient understanding in interfacing different APIs which included REST and SOAP to connect related Web Services using various formats like XML, JSON, String and Document.
- Involved in API Testing using POSTMAN to determine reliability, functionality, performance and security for calculation, transaction and communication with each other in a highly efficient way.
- Assisted in creating Test Plans and Test Cases for Unit testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP ALM/HP Quality Center working with the QA team.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black-Box Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and Performance Testing with experience in Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Generated multiple reports using tools like Tableau, MS SSRS, MS Powerbase and QlikView to create dashboard for visualization, perform data analysis and predictive analysis in near future.
- Extensively worked on Project Management tools, defect tracking tools and testing tools.
- Involved in Defect Management process to improve the quality of the Application under Test (AUT) and eliminate any kind of bugs or defects to develop software with high performance. Complying with the consistent development and maintenance of the healthcare industry databases, health care insurance and health care industry related aspects with adherence to HIPAA compliances.
- Wrote SQL scripts for back-end testing.
- Provide reporting to management via excel reports of workload and work completion on a daily, weekly, and monthly bases
Waterfall, AgileScrum, Waterfall: Scrum Hybrid, Kanban, Scrum ban, XP, Spiral.
Business Skills: Change Management, Project Planning, Process Modeling, Risk Management, JAD Sessions, Impact Analysis, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Version One, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Lucid chart.
Modelling Tools: Wireframe.cc, Mops, MS Visio, Balsamiq, SharePoint Designer, CA Erwin, Swagger.
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint.
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, HP Load Runner, Cucumber, Selenium, POSTMAN, Swagger, SOAP UI.
ETL and Reporting Tools: Tableau, QlikView, Informatica, Spotfire, IBM Cognos, SQL Server Data Tools - BI, SSRS.
Web Technologies: WSDL, XML, HTML, SOAP, Web Services, REST.
Databases: SQL Server Management Studio 2014, Oracle 11g, 12g, Oracle 11g, MySQL Server 2012, MS Access, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012.
Data Warehousing: OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll up, Pivot, Data Mapping, Data Modelling, Star and Snowflake Schema, ETL.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- I was responsible for gathering the requirements from business to determine the users of the system and the functionality that should be provided to them.
- Conducted JAD sessions and walkthroughs to gather the requirements
- Tracked business requirement traceability matrix (RTM) and handled scope creeps
- Worked toward processes such as claim Adjudication and claim Reimbursement.
- Determined which claim system to interact with to display data on the UI.
- Interacted with claim adjudication, claim reimbursement and billing, banking SMEs to finalizebusiness requirements.
- Proactively communicated and collaborated with the internal/external business community and the IT organization to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Translated requirements to the developers and guided the team when issues arise related to the business requirements.
- Data mapping experience from X12 to canonical business object and vice versa.
- Translated business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization, managed changes to such specifications, and educated the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Worked with associates to understand the business rules, systems and integrated them into the requirement document.
- Coordinated with different application teams involved in the claim adjudication process.
- Worked with SharePoint for storing project documentation.
- HIPPA Validation and Testing.
- Assisted in installation and testing of CIGNA's call center product iView on SQL server 2005.
- Assisted in establishing the procedure for back up of DB2 and SQLServer databases/users in QA environment
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for gathering High and Low-Level Requirement for JDE E1 9.2 ELM upgrade using JAD Sessions Utilized Agile Tool Sets such as JIRA and RALLY.
- Managed Implementation and Configuration of JDE E1 FSCM, HCM by defining project Scope, timeline, resources and coordinating the team to provide go live support.
- Communicated with Clients to gather business requirements and workflow analysis hence creating functional Specification and workflow diagram using MS VISIO, Microsoft Project Server 2013/2016.
- Created Test Cases performed internal testing ensured data integrity also facilitated client QA for the customized applications and enhancement of the JDE E1 9.2 applications.
- Managed Project Documentations like Status Reports, Parameter forms and Scope Document.
- Prepared a detailed Business process document for Merchandise Payables payment selection customization, payment form customization, historical data conversion, duplicate checking and live data interface.
- Participated in Requirement Gathering for AP and GL modules JDE E1 9.2 V Integrated with other JDE E1 applications including General ledger, AP and AM.
- Gathered user requirements from the super users to configure the system to meet user needs and preferences. Participated in Payables and GL configuration.
- Responsible for Analyzing business, functional and IT Requirement documents and prepared complete Test Plans including System Test Plan, integration Test Plan, QA Project Plans and Resource Planning and Allocation.
- Provided guidance and expertise for UAT in AP and GL modules. Coordinated all phases of testing, including test plan creation, data conditioning, script creation, execution and re-testing.
- Coordinated with the user and technical team in identifying and resolving defects in customizations.
- Coordinated with Client IT team to develop and design data interface between Legacy System and JDEE1 Applications.
- Responsible for tracking the issues and providing the status in the weekly meetings.
- Helped resolving issues for General Ledger and AP modules.
- Configured the GL and AP Row Level security by using custom Roles and Permission Lists.
- Responsible for AP approval workflow configuration for AP supervisors.
- Completed Payables systems configuration to pay the vendors using System Checks, ACH, Wires, implemented third party software and Custom Payable processes.
- Responsible for Creation and Maintenance for Custom AP and custom processes.
- Configured AP/GL modules for 3-way matching, Automatic Bank Recon Process for all Banks, ACH and WIRE transfers with manual Pay-cycle approval by AP Manager before transferring to Treasury department.
- Worked with Technical Lead to design and develop customized payment forms and methods.
- Developed Scheduled Queries using PS Query, SQR to meet end user's requirements for month end reconciliation, Payables aging and customized payment reports.
- Analyzing quality Management and Six Sigma concepts like DMAIC, PDCA Statistical Process Control, quality function deployment and waste reduction by Lean Concepts.
- Created High and Low-Level Use Case diagrams for JDE E1 9.2 FSCM.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by brainstorming with Project Managers, IT Lead and Business Users to get the Low Level to Be/Proposed environment.
- Documented Business Rules/functional Requirements to support system enhancements with the minimal guidance of a Senior Associate.
- Recommended a new SharePoint site collection Design Concepts, site planning, meetings Q& A Session, developed Project Plan.
Confidential, Schenectady, NY
- Primary point of contact for stakeholders and developers to understand their systems and business needs.
- Performed Feasibility and Impact Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements outlining opportunities and impact.
- Developed, monitored and maintained the upgrades and enhancements.
- Modified and developed new features and functionality for the application.
- Implemented Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Transaction Monitoring application system to monitor suspicious transactions and enhance regulatory compliance.
- Conducted several requirements gathering sessions like one on one interviews, Focus Group and Brainstorming.
- Facilitated JAD sessions by inviting SME's, tech leads and Architects to make sure that gathered requirements are feasible for development.
- Experienced with regulatory reporting creating SAR's for FINCEN and following US Patriot Act and FINRA 3310 regulations.
- Derived functional and non-functional requirements to create a Functional Requirements Document.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Mapping Document based on the gathered requirements.
- Helped monitoring, flagging, scoring and due diligence on suspicious transactions.
- Created UML diagrams such as Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram and Use Case Diagram to depict the various processes flow using MS VISIO
- Worked on the crystal reporting tool to generate the report using the data analyzed in the application.
- Coordinating the Quality assurance manager in preparing QA reports.
- Developed report layouts for Suspicious Activity and Pattern analysis under AML regulations.
- Thorough understanding of various modules of AML including Watch List Filtering, Suspicious Activity Monitoring, CTR, SAR and FBAR.
- Created details webservice to fetch the data from the finance databases and collaborating on developing the SLA's.
- Reviewed test plans that contains test scripts, test cases, test data and expected results for User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitated UAT sessions for end users and collaborated with business team to get UAT sign offs.
- Facilitated triage calls between development team and QA team for resolving issues.
- Involved in prioritizing user stories along with the Product Owner. Assisted Product Owner in writingAcceptance Criteria.
- Acted as a Proxy Product Owner in his absence. Played an implemental role in Backlog grooming.
- Ensured that the user stories follow the INVEST Criteria. Followed ATDD practices in multiple sprints to ensure better development of the user stories.
Environment: Waterfall, ASP .net, C#, SQL, MS Visio, Informatica, Oracle 11g, Crystal reports, MS SharePoint, MS office, HP ALM, Microsoft SQL Server, Informatica PowerCenter, FINRA 3310, FINCEN, BSA, US PATRIOT ACT.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Developed a deep understanding of existing Business processes of financial systems and acted as Subject Matter Expert to document current operational infrastructure, including identification of Business and technical gaps.
- Provided Cost Budget Analysis (CBA) to the management teams for budget forecasting
- Created business requirement docs BRD , Functional requirement docs FRD , Wireframes
- Developed use cases, activity diagrams and flowcharts to facilitate development
- Created Maintained User stories to circulate in teams to understand product technical specs as user point
- Worked on payment processing configurations to implement secure data within systems
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and SQL queries using MS SQL for UAT testing of Product
- Worked with Business line, Dev Ops, Architect Database and QA teams to utilize SOA (service-oriented architecture ) within wealth management application
- Practices the Agile Scrum methodologies in team to follow scrum principles and projects achievements within the team
- Serve as point of contact and co-ordinate end-user Acceptance Testing sessions and gather/prioritizedefects/change requests and set client expectations .
- Managed test schedules created and reviewed testing plans and documented results.
- Worked with stakeholders to deliver solution for Web based and IOS/Android based applications
- Worked with database teams for cloud migration .
- Responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating wealth management system projects according t o predetermined timelines and budgets finance department.
Environment: SQL, SQL QUERIES, XML, JIRA, ANDROID, JDE, Peoplesoft, UAT, Business Intelligence, Business Analysis, SharePoint, Salesforce, Excel, Visio.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Understood the AML trade surveillance compliance requirements by interacting with compliance department and SMEs in the laws/act of compliances.
- Conducted KYC/AML investigations ensuring that risk details (CIP, regulatory oversight, ownership type, product utilization and product pending trade deal) are complete, accurate and current with a comprehensive understanding of investment products and global/local procedures.
- Performed the detailed GAP analysis in the efforts of understanding the legacy system and prepared for the GAP analysis documents.
- Gathered common questions, different questions and Functional specs to help compliance officers to implement CIP (Customer Identification Program), CDD (Customer Due Diligence) and EDD (Enhanced Due diligence) process.
- Prepared the ETL mapping specifications to extract data from the existing system to the AML compliance data marts under the specifications given by the Actimize team.
- Implemented Workflow Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams by MS Visio to help IT team to get a better understanding of the customized requirements.
- Interacted with KYC analysts to execute investigations based on Client On-boarding profiles, Maintenance, Transaction Monitoring referrals, Government sources and Referrals from business partners and other control areas.
- Coordinated in writing test plan, test cases and test scripts in HP Quality Center.
Environment: Agile Scrum, JIRA, MS Office Suite 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, Visio), Actimize, SharePoint, HP Quality Centre, SQL Server.