- Over seven years of diverse experience in Information Technology and Business Administration as an Analyst with an emphasis on Software Quality Assurance and Business Analysis in several domains
- Strong knowledge of standard industry methodologies including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Wireframe prototypes and document them using Microsoft Visio
- Experienced in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, and GAP Analysis.
- Hands - on technology professional accustomed to working in complex, project-based environments; Multifaceted experience in QA software testing, software development and user-acceptance testing
- Experienced in Project administration, Project planning and coordinating diverse teams and resources to complete objectives
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, time bound, responsible team player
- Specialized in Manual Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Stress Testing, Configuration Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Excellent documentation and process management skills with an ability to effectively understand business requirements to develop a quality product.
- Good team player with the ability to manage and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Testing Tools: Quality Center/ALM, Quick Test Pro/UFT, Test Director, Team Tracker, TFS
Hardware / Software: NCR POS Terminals 7616, NCR 7617 - Merchandise Printers, NCR 7197 - Regular POS Printers, NCRM292B - Blue Tooth Printers, NCR XR7, DLI 8800, Symbol and Motorola Scanners, DLI 10, Epson M244 A - Kitchen Printer, Card Swipe Machines, Hand Held Devices, BOG - 3M Touch Systems, Epson M192F - BOG Printers, NCR Customer Displays, xPDs - DLI, iPods connected to Sled device, Quick Book POS RMS, Celerant Command Retail System, CoreSense POS Systems, Package Express Centers, Ship Rite
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and Unix
Confidential, Parsippany, New Jersey
Business & Quality Analyst
- Facilitate meetings among the Change Management, Problem Management, Campaign Management, Pricing Management and other relevant teams to discuss the impact of the changes and prepare project milestone plans
- Meet with various groups, including business owners, SMEs (subject matter experts) and marketing team, for requirements gathering in definition Stage
- Develop business cases for projects, identifying stakeholders and defining scope, opportunities, proposed solutions, benefits and risks
- Gathered requirements, developed Process Model and detailed Business Policies
- Create business requirements documents
- Involved in business analysis and project management, coordinating between the team members according to the business requirements
- Perform Functional, Regression and Performance testing for multiple PFT releases
- In-depth knowledge of Package flow technology (PFT). Assist team members by mentoring and training to enhance their skills
- Participate in peer reviews of Test scripts and Test plans and identify any deviations from the standards, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Extensive experience in Process improvements to increase efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for writing and executing functional and regression test scripts
- Made extensive use of MS Office tools to create and maintain documents such as test plans, test execution and test results documents
- Interact with the team members and participate in review meeting with developers and business analysts for understanding the requirements
- Execute stress/load/performance scenarios and regression testing for various operations and generate detailed test analysis reports
Confidential, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Analyzed Business Needs, System Requirements, and Functional Requirements to create test strategy
- Planning, managing and executing test scripts to test all releases of products and validating the actual results against the expected results
- Conducted Brainstorming and JAD sessions with stakeholders and end users
- Elicited requirements users’ GUI interfacing with various systems
- Mapped test cases to requirements and creating Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Opened and managed RFC’s for implementation and test tasks
- Created functional requirements for upcoming projects
- Creating Functional, Regression, and Integration test scripts for a large variety of POS applications
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression, System Integration, User Acceptance, Configuration and content testing of various POS functions: Sales Transaction Set including Purchases, Purchases with Cash, Check Authorizations, Merchandise Returns, etc.
- Tested various modules including Payment Tenders (Credit, Debit, EBT and ACH), Account Number Entry, Voids and Refunds, Receipt Printing,
- Created documentation for Verification of transactions at POS. End to End testing of daily operations at which involve store opening and closing procedure testing, etc.
- Tracking and reviewing defects in ALM and Share Point for multiple projects.
- Coordinated with developers and business users to clarify requirements and resolve defects identified during testing.
- Assisting application developers and technical support team in quickly resolving issues found in testing and production.
- Working with product delivery teams, operational readiness team and testing partners to address test data needs, identify and resolve technical issues
- Testing and debugging new GUI functionalities to be installed in Disney POS systems
- Perform financial integration testing and user authentication testing for all electronic payments and validate sensitive data is being appropriately masked
- Extensively testing Mobile Apps, RFID readers and Tap devices to be used in POS outlets
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Analyze business requirements and functional specs by performing requirement and design walkthroughs with business users and business/system analysts respectively.
- Worked on Gift Card module of IBM 4690 system.
- Documentation of various Sales Transaction Set including Purchases, Purchases with Cash, Check Authorizations, Merchandise Returns, etc.
- Keep track of orders from POS register to cashier to presenter.
- Wrote Test Plan and Test Cases according to business requirement.
- Involved in POS Hardware testing.
- Creating and updating test cases based on new and/or /updated functional or interface requirements
- Extract data from an Oracle System and create MS Excel and MS Access reports
- Design simple databases and queries to support reporting and analysis using MS Access.
- Wrote various SQL queries to validate data inserted, deleted and updated in the SQL Server database
- Wrote SQL queries and performed Back-End Testing for data validation to check the data integrity during migration from back-end to front end.
- Performed Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Performed requirement traceability by setting automatic alerts for tracing changes in the requirements and system maintenance
- Imported & exported test cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Mercury Quality Center.
- Backend Testing using SQL Scripts.
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process
- Performed backend testing to validate the data using SQL queries
- Generated the test execution report in Mercury Quality Center to be reviewed by the QA Manager and development team.
Confidential . Atlanta, GA
- Worked with solution architects to define logical architecture of the REVolution system and identify logical details of existing legacy functionality and system interfaces in order to help determine and document migration and integration requirements
- Worked with business managers to refine and analyze the set of high level capabilities that define the near and long term requirements for the REVolution global reservation system
- Defined the set of application features needed to implement the capabilities in scope for Project REVolution
- Worked with business and IT teams to estimate the effort involved in defining detailed system requirements for each capability and feature
- Worked with business team to define a set of high level business requirements documents that describe the user functionality for the capabilities
- Worked with business process analysts and business analysts to develop scenarios to define work packages for gathering detailed requirements
- Worked with the business team to document the user interface flows for the legacy reservation system
- Configured and served as administrator for the Blueprint requirements management tool
- Worked with development, testing and business analyst teams and made modifications based on the needs
Confidential . Houston, TX
Manager Human Resources
- Managed a project to automate all HR functions and processes to make it a paperless environment
- Introduced a performance evaluation process for the company. Initiated an assessment center, assessing candidates on communication skills, teamwork, soft skills, Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Emotional Quotient.
- Introduced and implemented decision band method in the company and developed and implemented an extensive compensation and incentive program.
- Proposed and implemented HR strategy for recruitment and induction of new employees globally.
- Worked on a competence development plan for different cadres of technical resources both in the fields of Information Technology and Geosciences.
- Analyzed the succession planning structure. Worked closely with the international recruitment and advertising agencies for potential resource requirements in the global market
- Worked with the Accounts and Finance teams to ensure cost effectiveness, HR budgets and payroll processing.