- Experienced Business Analyst and Systems Analyst with an extensive project consulting background. My background includes many different verticals like healthcare, banking, and insurance.
- Understand the current processes, identify inefficiencies and propose solutions to improve productivity by challenging assumptions while developing business insights.
- Perform research with limited input to gather the required information to find the answers to questions without waiting for the them to be provided this allows making quick decisions when needed.
- Create alternative paths through the organizational processes and involve the right people at the right time this fosters alignment and ownership around the solution which resolves conflicts and ensures that the solution aligns with the business expectations and needs.
- Learn the business model (Mission, Strategy, and Tactics; Vision, Goals, and Objectives) to view the big - picture before diving deep into solution.
- Actively listen to the customer needs - both internal and external.
- Collaborate with business and IT peers to provide reliable and consistent quality results.
- Create user stories with acceptance criteria and develop initial sprint content for Agile projects.
- Use the prioritized backlog items to develop additional sprints as the Agile project proceeds.
- Good understanding of SDLC methodologies (Waterfall + Agile) and change control processes as well as excellent knowledge of most artifacts.
- Strong knowledge of the concepts of project management and the ability to manage expectation around dates and timeline.
- Experienced in working with multi-tiered systems and have strong analytical skills and pay attention to details.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Sr Business Analyst (lead)
- Part of leadership team responsible for managing assignment of worldwide business analyst tasks.
- Schedule and direct many SKYPE meetings in various time zones to gather and track requirements.
- Developed change control process for requirements.
- Assisted with selection of vendors and participated in evaluation meetings and review of decision documentation.
- Guided BA team in capture of all “As Is” process flows worldwide.
- Directed BA group with development of the “To Be” design process flow including brainstorming and documentation.
- Managed Share Drive structure for storing all required artifacts developed as part of the project.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Business Systems Consultant
- Senior analyst of the SPARC team - monitoring compliance to all information security policies and procedures related to data.
- Verified changes to the data choices.
- Assured proper ownership of several software packages.
- Created FSDs and provided insights in team implementation meetings.
- The system I worked on was SPARC (System Planning Assessment of Risk Controls). It is a tool used to help manage and track adherence to GLBA regulations.
- I acted in many different roles in assuring the adherence to the policies and procedure set forth to protect information assets. I created Functional System documents for DEV to code and implement changes requested in BRDs from the business.
- We used Agile in JIRA by sizing changes (releases) into sprints from outstanding backlog items.
- Participation in Skype meetings with the business were frequent and used to confirm understanding of the requirements as implementation pieces were being coded. These were especially helpful during testing and implementation of releases.
Confidential, Compton, CA
- Completed documenting business process changes needed to resolve long standing issues with product substitutions during order fulfilment.
- Documented the “as is” business process flow before implementing the “to be” new process.
- Designed and documented the implementation strategies for using the new (TELOGIS) Logistics system - which was focused on cost containment and delivery efficiencies.
- Completed implementation of new reports for the Purchasing department to improve vendor ordering practices.
- Defined new production fulfillment and delivery process to improve on time delivery and customer satisfaction. Created “to be” process flow (map) to gain acceptance from the users.
- Completed implementation of new issue resolution process for EDI customers and managed implementation of new EDI partners.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Completed implementation of the real time inventory control process in the Oracle ERP at the new Ohio Fulfillment Center (warehouse) - using both waterfall + agile methodologies.
- Documented requirements for the new data elements being implemented in the new WMS + Oracle ERP - included the business rules for the new data elements.
- User stories with predefined acceptance criteria were used to provide sprint definition.
- Defined source data collection process to populate the new data elements.
- Defined ETL rules to populate tables from one DW instance to another DW staging tables.
- Completed analysis required to blend the activities and data from three different warehouses and the two different systems into the Oracle ERP.
- Resolved issues which arose during the E2E - IT + UAT testing. JIRA test case management tool was used for issue tracking.
- Obtained “sign off” of test cases from the warehouse Ops staff and IC personnel participating in the UAT testing and “go live” implementation.
- Completed readiness report (Daily Product Inventory Analysis) to proof the implementation of the new warehouse.
Confidential, Monrovia, CA
Requirements Analyst (Product Development)
- Completed documenting requirements for product development projects and producing the SDLC deliverables in the format required.
- Conducted analysis required to provide input for developing the shape of the new product(s) using the existing devices and applications as a guide - included HIPAA records storage.
- "Enterpriser Architect" was the tool used to manage use cases, document requirements, provide feature definitions and process flows. This included “as is” and “to be” process flow diagrams.
- Conducted meetings and interviews with the business SMEs to identify current system validations and edits.
- Wrote test case definitions to be used by QA in support of interfaces between dashboard system, kiosk and user departments.
- Verified key information with stakeholders to document the current as is process using SQL queries
Confidential, Glendale, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Project Manager
- Completed obtaining approval (sign off) of business requirements and Db mapping after meeting with stakeholders.
- Coordinated and managed the QA process used to validate the SQL data bases with DEV.
- Directed ETL process for moving data from US DW to UK DW.
- Completed the UAT process with UK team which used Java-J2ee .NET web architecture.
- Managed the project team to maintain adherence to the plan and report status to management.
- Conducted daily review and coordinated meetings with offshore DEV team in India by phone nightly.
- Used WebEx calls with UK team to manage, clarify and obtain approval of issues which arose with the UK team.
Confidential, Simi Valley, CA
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Provided impact analysis for loan modification system changes required by new regulations.
- Completed the High-Level Design (HDL) documents with business partners and technology teams during requirements elicitation.
- Performed analysis of production issues by reviewing data in data bases using SQL queries.
- Completed Low Level Design (LDL) documents by work with application developers.
- Documented clarification of requirements for developers and testers as issues arose during implementation.
- Mercury Quality center was used to track defects and obtain sign off on completed defect remediation.
Confidential, Brea, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Provided ad hoc reporting support for the Phoenix insurance system as a systems analyst and SQL developer.
- Completed worked on process for conversion of data into the BI data warehouse from legacy systems and the new system.
- Constructed ETL to migrate legacy data into DW staging tables. Profiled data and identified anomalies.
- Agile methodology was used during the Guidewire implementation as the SDLC.
- Elicited and documented requirements by reviewing the business need and analyzing data.
- These requirements were documented in user stories with acceptance criteria for use during sign-off. Bundled together for sprints - unassigned stories were part of the backlog for future sprints.
- Provided QA support of interface between legacy system and new GuideWire system using SQL.
- Used MicroStrategy as a reporting tool and Db Visualizer for data analytics of various SQL Dbs.
- Used HP Quality Center to report and manage defects.
Confidential, El Segundo, Ca
Sr. Business Analyst
- Provided end-to-end background analysis on supply chain of access cards.
- Conducted meetings with key information sources and stakeholders to document the current and as is process.
- Led gathering of requirements for enhancement of the dealer payment system.
- Developed process flow and use case diagrams.
- Defined changes to impacted finance and accounting interfaces as new BI data mart was developed.
- Created the Solution Analysis Specification document after completing data analysis.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst / Project leader
- Worked in the Data Warehouse - Business Intelligence area as a BSA on a significant database update project, related to credit score “tiering”.
- The effort included adding several new attributes to both the daily and monthly summary tables
- Provided Use Cases and test scripts to validate calculation requirements from users.
- Defined and managed the process to be used to allow follow up on all reported discrepancies.
- Defined strategic test scenarios for QA in the master test plan.
- This included managing the execution of the project tasks, including the historical data conversion.
Confidential, Agoura Hills, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with various levels of the business and developers on the EDGE Loan Origination fulfillment system to provide new and enhanced capabilities in the Loan Origination process.
- Wrote Functional and Technical specifications in collaboration with users and developers for .NET/Java based web environment.
- Researched Loan Boarding issues on the AS400 and reviewed reports programs (RPG) to resolve problems and debug code.
- Used SQL to analyze production problems.
- XML was used to communicate between most systems.
- Worked with developers, reviewing unit test results, to insure system readiness for QA testing.
- Worked defining and documenting the proposed business process flows for the new system.
- Reviewed test plans and user acceptance test criteria.
- In the UAT area, define the critical components for end-to-end testing and defined the deployment and roll out process
Confidential, Orange, Ca
Project Leader/Systems Analyst
- Worked with business owners, users and developers on the Loan Origination document capture project.
- Specifically worked with the Loan Origination business on strategic direction of the new virtual underwriting and exception driven system.
- Re-engineered business process to decrease the time required to fund a loan.
- Determined the impact “electronic signatures” would have on the loan and funding activity.
- Performed a gap analysis between current paper loan file and proposed new virtual loan file.
- Provided strategic direction and analysis with the new scanning and indexing process.
- Acted as a functional expert in test planning and user acceptance testing.
- Monitored and ensured that requirements translate into viable mortgage lending solutions.
- Defined and documented proposed business process flows.
- Wrote functional specifications according to user requirements.
- Provided project planning and implementation coordination.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Project Leader/Business Analyst
- Worked with the Sales and Marketing business team to enhance the Call Center pop-up scripts and call queue administration.
- Defined new performance management reports for lead “pull through” of various channels and loan consultant performance.
- Managed the business “cylo” for Doc Prep and Funding.
- Developing new tracking reports to enable better customer service and loan closing timeframes.
- Implemented a customer signing “hotline” for loan closings.
- Defined and documented proposed business process flows.
- Coordinated the test planning of the user acceptance testing.
Confidential, Whittier, CA
Project Manager/Solution Architect
- Re-designed the front-end part of the business to use new technology (imaging).
- Recommended and designed new “image capture” system to eliminate redundant efforts in terms of paper handling after gathering requirements.
- Primary analyst for requirements gathering and specification for the hardware software configuration for multi-platform interfaces between systems for developers.
- Managed the installation of a new web-based document imaging Internet system to facilitate customer inquiries.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Project Manager/Business Systems Analyst
- Provided leadership on requirements gathering for a web-based loan origination Intranet document interface.
- Worked with client’s developers to establish testing criteria for the Internet based loan application process.
- Developed the project plan and managed a project to configure, procure, test, ship, install and ramp up (staff) the operations of a remote scanning service bureau for a client in a county government facility.