- Solution driven Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner with 10+ years of experience in successfully leading cross functional teams in the development, testing and delivery of products in compliance with the customer requirements and hence attainment of the business goals.
- Strong experience in the Agile project execution and Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Around 10 years of experience in Investment Banking, Private Wealth Management and Payments for EURO region and NDF trades in UK region and strong knowledge of products like NDF and Foreign Exchange.
- Represented product vision and managed the product road map, maintained Product backlog and sprint backlog.
- Elicited requirements using various methods like CRP sessions, JAD sessions brainstorming with all stakeholders etc.
- Excelled at gathering feedback and requirements; communicating needed changes to development team; and overseeing seamless, high - quality rollouts to on-time
- Worked closely with the development and quality engineering team and clearly communicated with all stakeholders in the management and progress of projects.
- Participated in regular release planning and release management.
- Gap Analysis - is as process and as of process.
- Created various business documents like BRD, FSD, Gap documents, use cases, etc.
- Involved in creating test plan and also analysis of test cases, test scenarios etc.
- Driven a solution set across teams (development, risk management and operations) through business requirements.
- Worked closely with Product Owner and other Business Analysts within the project to ensure integrity of the end-to-end solution.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Product Management
- Agile Project Execution
- Backlog Management
- Requirement Analysis
- Business Documentation
- Gap & Risk Management
- Test Planning
- User Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Intermediate Level SQL
- Banking domain (investment banking, retail banking, payments)
MS Office: MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
Defect Tracking tool: JIRA, HP Quality Center
Project Management: QC, JIRA, Confluence
UML Tools: Wireframes, SmartDraw, MS Visio
Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic, FoxPro
RDBMS: SQL, PL/SQL
Confidential, San Francisco
Sr. Business Analyst/Product Owner
- Work in the Scrum Agile framework and involved in sprints at each phase of the software life cycle.
- Act as a liaison between the business client and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems solved through strategic solutions.
- Responsible for producing business requirement artifacts - including Use Cases, Business and Message Rules, User Stories, Supplemental (Non-Functional) Specifications, and collaborate with User Experience Group for User Interface Design Specifications - for the large and complex projects.
- Maintaining the Product Backlog.
- Scheduling and/or participating in all Agile ceremonies like backlog refinement, iteration planning, demo, retrospective and daily stand up calls.
- Facilitating JAD sessions, event storming sessions etc to elicit the stakeholder requirements around the product.
- Designed and developed Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams and DFD using Visio.
- Used SQL to validate data for transfer of funds.
- Conducted interviews with SMEs to gather business process information.
- Performed User Acceptance testing towards the release phase.
- Creating on use cases for microservices identified for the project
- Working closely with UX team - giving feedback on their visuals and ensuring the language in the copy deck adheres to compliance requirements
Confidential, Los Angeles
- For the assigned territories prepared the roadmap of the phases in which the various vendors which are added to the End to End functioning of the application.
- CRP sessions with the clients to give them a detailed presentation of the application and how their daily activities can be more efficiently completed in a shorter time period.
- Identified the Gaps (is as process and as of process) from the Business, had sessions with the customer to understand the gaps so that the proper information is transferred to the development team and the gap is resolved.
- Involved in Regression testing and Sanity testing of the application which was scheduled to be released for from the client.
Product Manager/Business Analyst
- Maintained the Product backlog.
- Involved in the Sprint planning with the Scrum team and also in assigning the features from the Product backlog to the Sprint Backlog in every Sprint.
- Applying good judgment in balancing and advocating for the use of agile delivery concepts and business analysis tools and techniques.
- Prepared BRDs, technical documentation and worked on MxML messages.
- Prepared UML diagrams and wrote Epics and user stories and made prototypes in wireframes.
- Involved in UAT testing.
- Identified Gaps and prepared the interface documents after discussions with the clients.
- Involved in requirements analysis using Gap documents, FSDs, use cases and product manuals to write test cases and creation of Traceability Matrix.
- Was involved in the payments module (TARGET and RTGS) of the UAT testing.
- Developed improvements to existing processes to deliver improved business performance and effectiveness using Six Sigma methodology.
- Assisted in performing system design, development and product verification testing on web-based application for trade corrections.
- Worked as a part of the team and communicated effectively with software developers, product managers and operations.
- Collaborated and provided business analysis support to the product owner, SMEs and testers during development.
- Answered ad hoc questions and provided clarification/direction to development and support teams regarding user stories and functions.
- Involved in setting up and approval of Trade instructions.
- Handled the work on SWIFT interface MINT for inbound and Outbound SWIFT messages.
- Worked on systems such as OMGEO, Wall Street and MINT.
- Handled Claims Investigations.