- Sr. Business System Analyst with 8+ years of extensive exposure in eliciting & evaluating requirements for business processes in functional and technical roles across banking domain.
- Proven track record of working in self - organized & cross functional teams, interacting with stakeholders and clients to deliver quality software systems and enhancing business processes. Experienced in various projects involving regulations and compliances.
- Experienced working in various SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-scrum (hybrid) and Scaled agile framework (SAFe). In depth understanding of other industry standard methodologies like Kanban, Scrumban, Spiral model, Extreme programming (XP), Rational unified process (RUP).
- Exposure to various regulatory acts and compliances such as Bank secrecy act, Dodd frank act, Sarbanes Oxley act, Basel norms I,II,III, Financial crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), FATCA, Financial intelligence center (FIC), Office of foreign assets control (OFAC), Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know your Customer (KYC), Customer due diligence (CDD), Customer identification program (CIP), Financial action task force (FATF).
- Acted as a liaison between technical and business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements through various techniques such as Brainstorming, JAD & RAD sessions, Requirement workshop, Document Analysis, Questionnaire, Focus groups, Interviews. Worked with SMEs’ to understand Key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Performed various Feasibility studies, Risk analysis, Cost-benefit analysis, Impact analysis, Cause and effect analysis (root cause analysis), maintenance of Risk register and SWOT analysis to analyze the needs of the project and its execution.
- Conducted extensive Gap analysis by identifying AS-IS and TO-BE process model and process flow.
- Proficiency in documenting artifacts such as Business Requirements Document (BRD), System Requirement specification (SRS), Functional Requirement document (FRD), Requirement traceability matrix (RTM), Project charter and Project plan.
- Plan, schedule, track and improve team competency by creating Work breakdown structure (WBS), Critical path analysis (CPA), End to End task and Milestone tracking. Managed Requirement churn and efficiently documented Change management plan.
- Highly skilled in creating Unified modeling language (UML) diagrams such as Activity diagram, Sequence diagram, Use case diagram, Use case document, also created wireframes and mockups using different versions of Lucid charts and Balsamiq.
- Extensive knowledge of agile (scrum) framework including ceremonies like Backlog grooming, Sprint planning meeting, Daily scrum meeting, Sprint review meeting and Sprint retrospective meeting. Documented and maintained the scrum artifacts such as Product backlog, Sprint backlog, Information radiators (burn-up and burn-down charts).
- Efficient in handling change requests and assessing change through impact assessment on Triple Constraints (Scope, Resources and Time). Assisted the product owner in elaborating requirement and acted as a Proxy product owner if necessary.
- Adept in breaking down epics into user stories satisfying INVEST criteria and helped in various grooming techniques like slicing, prioritizing and estimating such as MoSCoW, Kano, dot voting, Planning poker, T-shirt sizing, relative mass valuation etc.
- Closely assisted the Product owner to define the Minimum viable product (MVP), Minimum marketable feature (MMF), Definition of done (DOD) and writing Acceptance criteria for user stories and tasks. Also helped in slicing the user stories using various slicing techniques such as horizontal and vertical slicing and imparting domain knowledge.
- Experienced in Conceptual and Logical data modeling, data integration, data migration and data conversion. Comprehensive knowledge of source data identification, data profiling and data mapping.
- Detailed understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment (CICD) using GIT and JENKINS.
- Explicit knowledge of reporting tools like Informatica, JIRA, Confluence, Tableau and SSRS (SQL server reporting service).
- Experienced in creating analytical Business intelligence (BI) dashboards using Tableau.
- Extensively worked with complex mappings using various transformations like Filter, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Union, Aggregator, Normalize, Sequence generator etc using Informatica tool.
- Thorough knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts like Online analytical processing (OLAP) and its operations (Roll-up, drill-down, slice-dice, pivot), Online transaction processing (OLTP), ETL (extract, transform and load) process, Star schema, Snowflake schema and architecture (Global, Independent Data Mart, Hub and Spoke, Centralized and Federated).
- Experienced in performing SQL queries for data analysis, retrieval, validation, modification and viewing them by using commands such as Select, Insert, Update, Delete, Create, Drop, Truncate, Joins, Stored procedures and Aggregate functions such as count, min, and max.
- Working knowledge of cloudera distribution for Hadoop eco-system and its various libraries like Apache Hive, Pig, Spark, (Hadoop distributed file system) HDFS etc.
- Solid understanding of Unit testing, Integration testing, White box testing, Black box testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Regression testing, UAT (User acceptance testing) and System testing of applications with knowledge on STLC (software testing lifecycle).
- Assisted QA team to prepare test plan, test scenarios, test strategies, issue logs and monitored the creation of test cases using RTM (Requirement traceability matrix).
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
- Analyzed the requirements of the project and assisted in creating various Static, Ad-Hoc, Tabular and Technical reports.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks with changing priorities. Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment with a strong desire to keep pace with the latest technologies.
SDLC methodologies: Waterfall, AgileScrum, waterfall: scrum hybrid, Scrumban, Kanban, XP, Safe
Project management and & business tools: MS Project (2010, 2013, 2016), MS office, Office 365 (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPointMS Access, MS OneNote), SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM
Business Modeling tools: Balsamiq, Lucid Charts, MS VISIO
Testing: HP QC, HP ALM, POSTMAN, Load Runner, cucumber
Web Services: SOAP API, REST API, XML, JSON, Swagger, Soap UI
Reporting/BI: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, SSRS
ETL Tools: Informatica Cloud, Informatica Power Center, SSIS & SSAS
Languages: HTML, CSS3, XML and SQL
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, New York
- Created User Stories by eliciting information from SMEs’, business owners and referred to previous project artifacts to analyze the As-Is System and To-Be System. Designed the workflow using Lucid Charts.
- Acted as a liaison between business stakeholders, clients, managers and technical teams.
- Interacted with the SME’s and stakeholders to get a better understanding of business requirements, elicited requirements for mobile/web applications by facilitating Interviews, Brainstorming and conducted JAD sessions.
- Conducted feasibility analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Gap analysis and analyzed risk with risk management plan.
- Worked on JIRA for running scrum-boards, maintaining backlogs, grooming user stories and organizing sprints.
- Created Story mapping and identified Minimum Viable Product (MVP) features and assisted PO with release planning.
- Assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing and maintaining the product backlog through deep-dive principles. Helped in decomposing the epics into user stories and also writing acceptance criteria.
- Helped the Product Owner in presenting live demo and framing the Definition of Done (DOD) for the features based on the acceptance criteria and assisted the team in conducting sprint review meeting.
- Created Wireframes, Graphical user interface (GUI) mockups using Balsamiq and Adobe XD. Created evolutionary and throwaway prototypes to explain the end to end system using Invision Studio.
- Performed CRUD operations in SQL & stored procedures using SELECT & JOIN for drill downs to extract data while being actively involved in reading data from varied file types.
- Applied the top-down approach of system design based on various functional requirements, non functional requirements & data requirements and assisted the technical team to design an In-house Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) by mainly considering the services and utilities revolving around our system.
- Collaborated with UI/UX designers, system teams and involved in validation of HTTP requests in UI by using HTTP as primary transfer protocol to display the data and HTTPS to protect the transmitted data.
- To simplify key-value paired JSON language, implemented a java script parser. Communicated the requirement of capturing real-time data and eventually implementing web sockets (WSS) to serve the purpose.
- Implemented the Web application firewall (WAF) to authorize as well as deny certain systems/users to have access to the customer’s account details and to protect it from fraudulent users.
- Assisted the architects in selecting the various API’s which can be efficient based on the service requirements.
- Reviewed, baselined and documented the API’s required for efficient functioning of the system. Implemented RESTful API, streaming API and Kafka API for effective communication between the systems.
- Further stored data in Hadoop distributed file system (clustered storage) and performed analytics through HIVE built on Hadoop platform and loading the replicated structured data in secondary storage areas.
- Responsible for documenting RESTful API calls from external and internal data sources using swagger for data ingestion into Hadoop clusters through apache Sqoop. Also, tested the functionality of API endpoints using POSTMAN.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT), assisted the team in UI testing and documented the defects in ALM. Actively participated and supported end to end testing of the system using Runtime manager with the help of QA and entire testing team and delivered the product.
- Involved in integrating visualization and reporting tools such as tableau and SQL server reporting service (SSRS) to create static reports, ad-hoc reports as well as customized dashboards.
Environment: Agile-Scrum environment, JIRA (v.7.3), Confluence (v.6.4), Lucid Chart, KAFKA, Hadoop, HDFS, HIVE, SQL, SSRS, Apache Sqoop, MS office, Service Oriented Architecture, Postman, Swagger (v.3.5).
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
- Strong understanding of the Dodd-Frank Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Customer (KYC), Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Captured the high-level requirements in Confluence and JIRA to trace epics and user stories.
- Performed KYC assessments on customers and documenting the information obtained on the client.
- Ensured compliance with all AML laws and regulations including OFAC, CIP, KYC, transaction monitoring.
- Coordinated with banking team to collect, organize KYC information for new and existing accounts, review supporting documentation. Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss issues.
- Analyzed the company’s financial statements and business model to develop business strategies.
- Efficiently interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow and keep them updated about business user’s specifications.
- Managed all the requirements effectively and communicated them to all team members. Presented testing defects and resolution in the project review meetings. Analyzed workflows and documented the UML diagrams like Activity, Sequence, Data Flow using ER Win Data Modeler and created page mockups using Balsamiq.
- Assisted the PO in creating clear and concise epics and further breaking them into user stories. Actively participated in backlog grooming sessions throughout the sprint and ensured granularity of user stories.
- Involved in API documentation for REST/SOAP using Swagger and documented XML request and responses.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform various analyses such as data analysis, data validation and data manipulation using joins, sub queries and aggregate functions. Used minus query to make sure there is no redundant data and the unnecessary columns are removed as per the business requirements.
- Created solution driven dashboards using different chart types like Pie/Bar charts, Circle views, Line/Area charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs and Histograms in tableau and generated KPI reports using Excel.
- Handled Requirement Churn during the project by performing IMPACT analysis in order to understand the need and severity.
Environment: - Scrum, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SQL server 2012, JIRA, Tableau, MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point), Swagger
Business System AnalystConfidential, Wilmington, Delaware
- Conducted requirement walkthrough to understand the benefits of the new system being implemented.
- Assisted in developing an implementation approach with the business and technology teams to enable the clients to move to new CRM technology within required timeframes.
- Coordinated and collaborated with Salesforce implementation partners throughout the project lifecycle for implementation of business requirements.
- Assisted the PO in writing user stories; slicing and prioritizing them and updating the Product Backlog.
- Helped PO in defining the Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done for the user stories.
- Created UML diagrams to define processes and workflows using MS Visio and created Mockups using Balsamiq.
- Conducted source system exploration using SQL queries to identify data elements and perform data profiling.
- Worked on various Salesforce.com objects like Accounts, Opportunities, Leads, Campaigns and Reports.
- Assisted with data imports, exports, updates to Salesforce using Data loader.
- Involved in defining Users, Roles, Public Groups, role hierarchies and permissions for internal user profile.
- Assisted Salesforce admin in development of Workflows rules, triggers, naming conventions and validation rules.
- Created test cases, test plan and test scenarios and performed UAT testing and tracked the defects using JIRA.
- Facilitated for users of the new Salesforce system.
Environment - Scrum, Salesforce.com, Force.com, Apex, Data loader, Import Wizard, Visualforce Pages, XML, Triggers, Balsamiq, MS Visio, Postman, Swagger
Business System Analyst
- Involved in identifying the problem definition as part of continuous process improvement using Define, Measure, Analyze and Improve to support the business continuity of the organization.
- Conducted requirements gathering session using Elicitation Techniques like Observation, Brainstorming, Client Interviewing, Document Analysis and JAD Sessions with various stakeholders and project team.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace the completeness of requirements.
- Developed high-level and low-level documents like BRD (Business requirements documents) and SRS (system requirements specification.
- Defined frameworks for Operational data store (ODS), Brokerage data warehouse (BDW), Central file distribution (CFD) and Data Quality (DQ) and created Functional data requirement (FDR).
- Proficient in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Lineage, Data cleansing and Data Verification.
- Coordinated with the Business Objects developers in building universes and developed various reports like Cross Tab, Master Detail and different charts including Line, Column, Area and Pie Charts for analysis.
- Extensively interacted with data analysts during the ETL operations in identifying the source files/databases from OLTP systems and implementing the transformation logic for achieving data uniformity in operational data store (ODS).
- Defined target load order plan and constraint based loading for loading data correctly into different target tables.
- Designed and created Data Quality baseline flow diagram, which includes error handling and test plan flow data.
- Involved in the design of Star-Schema methodology and converted data from various sources to oracle tables.
- Involved in Data Mining, dimensional Modeling, ETL process, OLAP operations like rollup, drill down, slicing/dicing, pivoting using BI tools and Business Intelligence Reporting using Tableau.
- Used SQL commands to update database and retrieve data for analysis and validation.
- Coordinated with QA to create test plan & test cases for testing the system, find bugs and defects.
- Developed the schedules, user manuals and trained the business/end users.
Environment: - Waterfall, Windows 7/Vista/8, MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), MS Project 2010, MS Visio, SharePoint 2010, SQL, HPALM, HPQC, SQL Server services.
- Gathered requirements from business experts asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that is reviewed and easily understood by both business and technical people.
- Participated in interacting sessions with investment experts and accountants to collect and understand the needs of business for successful completion of project.
- Assisted in drafting project plan, resource scheduling/budgeting, portfolio reporting, status reporting, risk and issues reports, change management and identification of missing roles, resources and resolution of the same.
- Produced visual models for the application using UML MS Visio to create use cases, sequence diagram and activity diagram.
- Created requirement traceability matrix (RTM) as a roadmap for the ‘to-be’ system.
- Conducted JAD sessions to resolve open issues so that the application meets the business requirements and deadlines.
- Helped the product owner in backlog grooming by prioritizing the PBI’s (Product backlog items). Assisted the Scrum Master in conducting sprint planning meeting, daily stand ups, sprint review meeting and sprint retrospective meeting.
- Helped the team in performing live demos and deciding which user stories have satisfied the acceptance criteria and are considered done.
- Worked with annuity net trading platform, various carriers and distributors to set up products, commission tables, xml forms and forms on the annuity net trading platform.
- Worked on creation of corporate compliance program related to bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering efforts, including new accounts and customer policies and procedures.
- Performed Parameterization for the QTP Scripts and created output values in the QTP scripts.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, JIRA 7.0, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
- Involved in Design and development of test plans based on high level documents.
- Documented and executed test cases and test scripts as per the system requirements.
- Performed integration and regression testing, documented bugs and worked with development team to resolve issues.
- Exported test cases into the quality center, ran manual test cases from the test lab and logged defects from defect module.
- Performed all aspects of validation & verification, including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing to ensure hardware/software meets or exceeds standards and end user requirements.
- Used HP QC for creating and documenting Test Scenarios and Test cases and registered the expected results.
- Responded to user requests for service, troubleshooted problems and helped develop solutions.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform data validation and back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.