- Qualified Business System Analyst with over 8 years of diverse experience in the Information Technology industry primarily in Healthcare and Healthcare Insurance Domain.
- Hands - on experience in analyzing and gathering requirements for business processes in functional and technical roles across Salesforce, Salesforce Customer Relation Management (CRM), Amazon Web Service (AWS) and HEDIS measures.
- Extensive knowledge about concepts of Healthcare domain such as HIPAA guidelines, EDI, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS code conversions, HMO, PPO, POS, CHIP, EMR, HL7, HITECH, NPI, NPS, EDI 4010X12, 5010X12, 834, 835, 837, Healthcare eligibility 270/271, Medicare and Medicaid services, Health Insurance, patient monitor, Ambulatory services, NPL and MMIS.
- Demonstrated expertise in translating user requirements into System/Technical Specifications by managing and documenting business requirements, efficiently mapping the process design along with the understanding of Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC)
- Worked and exposed to Agile-lean and software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum hybrid from the Requirement analysis to the Closure of the business processes.
- Excellent liaison and fluent communicator between Business Users, Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, Project Managers.
- Conducted detailed project analyses such as GAP analysis by identifying AS-IS & TO-BE, Risk analysis & assessment, Impact analysis, Effort estimation, maintenance of risk register, Cost-Benefit analysis, Root cause analysis, SWOT analysis, AD-hoc, ROI analysis, and performed multiple feasibility studies to help the organization with the new system designing and implementation.
- Well versed and skilled in eliciting the requirements from business owners and stakeholders through a variety of Elicitation Techniques like Brainstorming, Document Analysis, JAD sessions, Focus Group, Prototyping, Marketing and Benchmarking Analysis, Surveys/Questionnaire, Introspection, Job shadowing, One-To-One Interviews and Requirements Workshops.
- Collaborated with Subject Matter Experts to understand the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) & Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Proficiency in documenting multiple artifacts such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Systems Requirement Specifications (SRS), Project Charter, Project Plans Document and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), RACI Matrix thereby having broad knowledge on deliverables at various stage of business processes.
- Intensive knowledge of Agile (Scrum) management framework composed of all Scrum ceremonies like Backlog Grooming meeting, Sprint Planning meeting, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review meeting, Sprint Execution and Sprint Retrospective meeting.
- Efficiently involved in Requirement elaboration and solving the impediments dealing with the internal and external stakeholder.
- Took part in breaking down Epics into User stories satisfying INVEST criteria, Prioritizing using KANO and MOSCOW techniques, Slicing using vertical/horizontal slicing and Estimating using T-shirt Sizing, Relative Mass Evaluation and The Bucket System.
- Supported the Product Owner to define the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Definition of Done (DOD), Definition of Ready (DOR) and writing Acceptance criteria for the user stories in Given-When-Then format using Cucumber.
- Designed High/Low Fidelity Mockups, Prototypes, Wireframes for the requirements to get a visual representation and Graphical User Interface GUI, understanding of the application using tools like Balsamiq, also assisted the clients with better understanding of the outcomes of the project to get feedback and make it feasible for the PO to define Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Proficient in designing Unified Modelling Language diagrams (UML) diagrams like use case diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using tools like MS Visio and Lucid Charts to give a better understanding of the business process.
- Assisted programmers towards engineering practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Continuous Integration, Refactoring, Pair Programming based on the needs.
- Aided in Project Management, negotiated with stakeholders in Scheduling, Allocation of Resources, Gantt-Chart View, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Critical Path Analysis, Budgeting, End-To -End task and Milestone Tracking using tool like JIRA.
- Well adept in handling Change Requests and assessing change requests through Impact Analysis on Triple constraints.
- Experienced in performing conceptual & logical data modelling, data integration, data migration, data conversion, data profiling, data mapping, data validation, data identification, data analyzation, data extraction, data transformation and data loading.
- Explicit knowledge of Data Warehousing through ETL process, OLAP data cubes through various operations such as slicing, dicing, roll-up, drill down and pivot to ensure data usability and Data visualization and Reporting tools like Tableau and Power BI.
- Utilized Informatica power center to perform ETL integration operations and transformations from source to target systems and strong acquaintance of databases, data marts, data lakes and all the applicable Schemas like Star, Snowflake and Galaxy schema.
- Verified the data integrity and consistency with SQL Queries like Select, Insert, Update, Delete, Joins and aggregate functions like Count, Min, Max and used T-SQL, PL-SQL to test the relational database such as MS SQL server, Oracle Server and DB2.
- Adept in 3 tier architecture, service-oriented architecture (SOA), webservices, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP API based documentation /testing with the use of SWAGGER and POSTMAN as per the latest documentation standards.
- Cooperated to write Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test scripts, facilitated integration, system testing, User Acceptance testing, performance testing, smoke testing, sanity testing and end to end regression testing to ensure quality.
- Explicit insight in Defect Tracking and organizing, managing and tracking changes using tools like HP ALM and JIRA.
SDLC Methodologies : Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall- Scrum Hybrid
Project Management and testing tools : MS Project, JIRA, HP ALM, Atlassian Confluence, MS Share Point, Cucumber, POSTMAN, SWAGGER
Business Modelling Tools : MS Visio, Balsamiq, Lucid Charts
Reporting Tools : Tableau, Power BI, MS Office, Office 365
Database Tools : Microsoft SQL Server Management, MySQL
Technologies : Salesforce CRM, Salesforce, Amazon Web services
Business Skills : Change Management, Incident Management, Impact AnalysisIssue Management, Security ManagementRisk Management, Conflict Management
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), 3 Tier Architecture, N-Tier Architecture
Data Warehouse Tools: ETL Informatica Power center
Confidential, Bridgewater, New Jersey
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Worked in Agile-Scrum environment towards delivering potentially shippable product increment (PSPI).
- Reviewed and addressed HIPAA & HITECH Act healthcare concepts to make the rules and regulations more clear and responsive.
- Supported the PO in creating scope documents , project plans along with the process of scheduling and tracking project timelines .
- Performed multiple feasibility studies, cost-benefit and risk analysis and AS-IS and TO-BE processed analysis.
- Interviewed Medicaid Subject Matter Expert and conducted brainstorming sessions to gather the business requirements and to get in depth knowledge and understanding of the business processes and customer behavior, also facilitated requirement elicitation via joint application development (JAD) sessions and introspected requirements gathered.
- Worked along with UI/UX designers to come up with process flow using Balsamiq Mockups, also prepared and analyzed the workflows with Use case diagram, Activity diagram and Context diagram using Lucid chart.
- Collaborated with the Product Owner, other stakeholders and Development team in Backlog grooming meeting to size the req.
- Extensively used JIRA for managing, tracking, converting, slicing the Epics (large business requirements) into User stories .
- Assisted the PO in preparing and writing Acceptance criteria, definition of done (DOD), definition of ready (DOR) and MVP.
- Aided in creating Product backlog by prioritizing the user stories using KANO prioritization techniques then vertically slicing and estimating using estimation techniques like Relative Mass Evaluation and T-shirt sizing.
- Assisted Architects in designing the system which is a service oriented architecture (SOA) embracing layers like presentation layer, data transfer layer, application layer, service layer, utility layer, data access layer and data layer.
- Facilitated migration and processing of data which typically included criticality of the Individual medical issues, credentials, test results, x-rays, personal health records (PHR), prescribed medications of the patients through the process of Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK).
- Assisted in the implementation of the Salesforce CRM to facilitate the development of the cloud-based Console that would manage patient data including the prescribed regimen and helped to recommend solutions to the patients.
- Worked closely with development team in developing Salesforce Classic and Lightning UI for custom application, reporting Einstein Analytics for predictive analysis to improvise the patient experience and drive customer-centric approach.
- Assisted in developing automated SMS, Emails, notifications & alerts for both provider and patient interface in the service layer.
- Aided in generating Conceptual & Logical model, defining entities & attributes with datatypes, cardinalities & relationships.
- Performed data profiling, data cleaning on the data that existed in the various source systems to ease with data migration.
- Acted as a liaison between business users, remote users, end users to resolve issues related to Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Coordinated with the ETL to construct OLAP queries through ETL packages in the data access layer to process multidimensional encrypted data from the data warehouse to analyze, decrypt medical data.
- Performed SQL Queries such as Select, Update, Delete and joins to extract medical data/records from various sources.
- Tracked daily issues, dependencies and coordinated with team to work on the impediment list and consistently updated the PO.
- Involved in test planning and designing test cases to facilitate the process of testing the entire system using HP ALM.
- Created APIDocumentation in JSON, XML using the POSTMAN API tool and Used HTTP verbs such as GET, POST, UPDATE, DELETE to connect service oriented architecture (SOA) with web services.
- Testing points using Cucumber for behavior-driven development (BDD) to write test cases based on functionalities and scenarios.
- Performed the user acceptance testing (UAT), system integration testing (SIT) and connectivity testing.
- Created snapshots in Tableau reporting tool for better view of data to track key performance indicators (KPI), making sure ROI.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Salesforce, Salesforce Lightening Kafka, Einstein Analytics, Jira (v.7.0), Health Cloud, Confluence (v.6.4), Informatica PowerCenter (v.9.6.1), Balsamiq, MS Visio (v.16) SQL, Cucumber (v.3.0), Mockups(2018), Tableau(v10.0.16), Lucid chart, HP ALM, Cucumber, REST, Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook), MS SQL Server 2012
Confidential, Brentwood, Tennessee
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Extensively involved with the HITECH Act, HIPAA Act, and HL7 international standards for the development of a Confidential EHR.
- Analyzed the requirements through one to one interview, surveys and observing the current process of team undergoing.
- Assisted in the system implementation by initiating the workflow associated with different entities using Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as use case diagram, activity diagram and context diagram using MS Visio.
- Created specialty EHR registries for diseases and disorders being treated, procedures performed, medication and their codes according to compliances for communication among pharmacy, insurance and billing server and another EHR system to help in decision support system (DSS) and fast health interoperability resources (FHIR) exchange.
- Assisted PO to write user stories and helped in product backlog grooming meeting in prioritizing, slicing and estimating.
- Assisted the Architects in implementing an adaptive user interface providing real time data presentation and a data validation engine which incorporates natural language processing (NPL).
- Supported in Implementation of robust two-factor authentication and token verification system to resolve security issues.
- Consulted physicians to understand the critical limits of health parameters and communicated with the development team to come up with the logic for practitioner alert module using a Graphical User Interface (GUI) storyboard.
- Allowed third-party developers to integrate with the EHR system to promote patient’s health proactively rather than reactively and make communication faster with practitioners for necessary treatment.
- Provided support in additional cognitive capabilities such as data mining, data mapping, data profiling, data cleaning, business rule application followed by different transformations.
- Assisted in understanding the unstructured data in medical report of patients using natural language processor (NLP).
- Aided in data validation using data validation engine (DVE) to verify compliance of unstructured data and confirming on non-compliant unstructured patient data prior to input to decision support system (DSS).
- Developed a quality plan and contingency plan to avoid data loss while performing full data extractions.
- Created the test plan, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and positive and negative test data in HP ALM.
- Used Cucumber tool to write function, scenario and scenario-outline based test cases for behavior-driven development (BDD).
- Enabled the messaging service between servers and another EHR system by documenting REST APIs in JSON and XML.
- Assisted in unit/ integration testing, regression testing, and recovery/ fail-over testing, smoke testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), connectivity testing and performance testing.
- Facilitated the training for the staff through the Learning Management System (LMS).
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Informatica PowerCenter (9.6.x), POSTMAN 6.1.2, REST API, Cucumber 2.0.0, JIRA (7.0), Confluence 6.5.2, MS Visio (v.16), HP-ALM, Cucumber, XML, REST, Webservices, DB2, MS Office suite.
Confidential, Portland, Maine
Business System Analyst
- Participated actively in all the phases of the Waterfall and coordinating with the stakeholders for articulating the Artifacts.
- Conducted extensive GAP analysis by identifying the AS-IS and TO-BE, cost-benefit analysis and risk analysis.
- Conducted Requirement identification, gathering and analyzing the feasibility of the requirements, elicited using elicitation techniques such as document analysis, interviews and tracked user stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Created workflows and use case diagrams, activity diagrams for better visual understanding using tools like Lucid Charts.
- Performed Impact analysis and baselined Business Requirements Document (BRD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Worked on AGILE Environment, participated in the grooming sessions, planning, daily scrum, execution and sprint cycles.
- Worked within project team to identify and interpret Medicaid and Medicare policies as well as assisted with internal development of new healthcare analytics.
- Assisted the Architects for executing multi-tier data and multi-platform data access requests.
- Was involved in development of the Ambiguity Review and defined the process of user authentication and authorization so that only appropriate users can login into the system and not the unauthenticated users.
- Extensively involved in mapping data from enterprise data sources (CSV, excel) to target Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 and participated in data cleansing, data profiling and also assisting with data verification.
- Utilize SQL server to run basic queries and obtain necessary data from different resources allocated.
- Utilized Informatica for extraction, transformation and loading, Tableau for report generation to be analyzed through the dashboard and Co-ordinated with the team to store day to day data transaction information.
- Was a part of Quality Assurance team and provided Daily/ Weekly status reporting to senior management.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, MySQL, JIRA (v7.0), Tableau(v10.1), Lucid chart, Web Services, Bulk API, REST API, Swagger, MS Office Suite, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Jira (v.7.0), MS Office suite, Informatica Power center, SQL, Tableau.
Business System Analyst
- Interviewed stakeholders and performed extensive Document Reviews to develop thorough understanding of business processes and analyzed healthcare concepts for business process improvement.
- Participated in creating User requirement specifications, design decision description and testing strategy document.
- Performed SWOT analysis, created flow diagram to understand AS-IS TO-BE process based on the gathered requirements.
- Visual representation by Prototyping, Graphical User Interface and Mockups using tools such as Balsamiq to understand the user interface module to display an output indicative of health of the baby in the utero.
- Created use case diagrams, use case templates and process flow diagram using MS Visio for the systems.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies, tracked user stories in JIRA and assisted PO in writing the Acceptance criteria, DOD framing.
- Assisted in Data Modelling, elaborated ER models to produce physical databases of the tracked health of the baby.
- Created different Informatica workspace to transform data from source to target and helped with data normalization for removal of data redundancy and query processing by carrying out data cleaning and data profiling.
- Performed gap analysis between source data and target data and generated data lineage reports.
- Performed CRUD operations on SQL for drill downs to pull data and created standard & ad-hoc reports using Tableau.
- Acted as point of contact (POC) for Networking team for peering remote system connections to database.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MySQL, JIRA (v7.2.3), Confluence (v5.4), Tableau(v10), Lucid chart, Balsamiq, Web Services, MS Office Suite, MS Visio (v16.0), Informatica (v9.6), HP ALM, Postman, My SQL server
- Assisted the Product Owner to identify the scope of the project , develop the project plan and allocate the resources accordingly by utilizing the project charter .
- Helped Project Manager perform Impact Analysis and Cost Benefit Analysis during the planning phase.
- Conducted document analysis, interviews and JAD sessions to elicit the requirements form various stakeholders.
- Authored Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Use case specifications, System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Test Plan Document along with technical staff and developers.
- Worked with Medicare and Medicaid Encounter Pro to obtain Encounter from the main server to be submitted to Medicare.
- Utilize SQL server to run basic queries and obtain necessary data for Medicaid and Medicare Encounters.
- Worked with the team for maintaining data about the enrollment, billing and health care claims management and to store, send, receive HIPPA transactions and facilitate the administration of HIPAA privacy rights.
- Worked with the change management team, scheduled training of the new system to ensure a smooth roll-out to business user
- Worked with the QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Scrupulously involved in using Tableau for effective Ad hoc reporting and management status reports.
Environment: Waterfall, SQL Server 2000, DB2 8.0, SAS, PL/SQL, Microsoft Office, Power BI, MS Visio (v.15), JIRA, Oracle DB.
- Diligently participated in understanding the business needs and requirements.
- Reviewed System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) & design documents.
- Involved in risk analysis and management like continuous time finance pricing , stochastic processes , risk & return optimization.
- Designed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases based on business requirements & design documents & logged defects in HP ALM.
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description.
- Involved in tracking test cases and validate PASS/FAIL testcases and handled defect management in JIRA.
- Provided weekly defect status reports and facilitated meetings between test team and development team to review defects and track defects to closure.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to help the stakeholders trace the requirements.
- Aided in providing support to the end users during the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Participated in Smoke testing, Functional testing, System testing and Regression testing.
Environment: Waterfall, HP ALM (v.11.5), Oracle DB, SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word Microsoft Visio), Jira Ticketing System.