- Professional individual with 8 years of Strong Business analyst skills w/ demonstrated ability to lead and work collaboratively across IT team and functions, ability to create enterprise solution road map, integrating multiple disparate applications and business processes, and addressing short - and long-term business needs.
- Worked closely with project stakeholders, SMEs and testing staff to understanding the requirements and specifications for new applications along with re-engineering the existing applications.
- Closely coordinate with various functional area Business, Product Management, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure teams in defining platform and applications requirements, timeline and success criteria
- Excellent in documenting traceability of approved and base lined requirements and work products through application specifications, design, development, usability, testing and implementation and defect elimination and prioritization. Excellent writing skills in preparing Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), Use case classifications, System Design Specification (SDS), Inventory Management, Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) across the Deliverables of a project.
- Successfully created UML diagrams, Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS) documents and implemented processes, procedures, guidelines and policies for the Development and QA Teams.
- Performed Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, RISK Analysis.
- Proficient in gathering business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions through interviews, NetMeeting, questionnaire, video conferencing, JAD sessions and conference calls.
- Responsible for the activities related to the functionality of the business applications, and gathering new functional requirements, analysis and evaluation of the same. Strong understanding in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Working knowledge of healthcare standards such as HIPPA 4010, 5010, ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- Worked on ICD-9 to ICD-10 Conversion.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks, with excellent customer skills and ability to understand customer requirements and provide follow up/support to customers in all their needs and become trusted advisor. Ability to lead the communication and internal customer engagement work effort.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with ability to handle ambiguity, Able to communicate effectively with Multifunctional Teams at all levels, capable delivering solutions under high pressure environment.
- Expert level skills in MS Office products like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Crystal Reports
- Integration testing
- IT Support
- MS SharePoint
- MS Windows
- Requirements Gathering
- Systems Migration
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Liaison between stakeholder’s system users, clients and managers, software development team and the QA team to gather requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to identify the business rules and requirements and then documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Executed check point meetings and sessions with whole program as well as different workstreams on weekly basis to review the status of whole program and to identify next steps.
- Conducted bi- weekly meetings with all BAs of different projects for knowledge sharing and to review basic status updates, deliverable processes, and dependency, risk, and issue overlaps etc.
- Managing requirements in automated systems and via manually maintained spreadsheets and databases and maintaining (or ensuring) traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle and to specific deliverables
- Facilitated sprint planning, assigned user stories and story points, organized stories and epics for each sprint and raised defects and managed backlog using JIRA.
- Created Business Requirements Document and converted them into System Requirement Specifications Document.
- Implemented business modeling, data modeling, and object modeling using MS Visio to develop the business architecture for the application.
- Analyzed requirements and created Use cases, Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Worked with SIT team in development of System Test Cases.
- Created Test Strategy developed UAT Test cases and execution of Test cases
- Worked with Project management team for vendor selection process.
- Prepared test plans and executed Unit Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing using test cases to endure that the systems conformed to specifications of business requirements performance criteria.
Environment: or Tools: - MS Visio, MS Excel, power point, ERWIN, SQL, PL/SQL, Crystal reports, DOORS, UML,, Visual Studio, Joint Application Development (JAD)
Confidential, Lake Success, NY
Business System Analyst
- Gathered requirements from the vendors using methods like brainstorming, personal interviews, questionnaires, scenarios and team meetings.
- Organized walk through with system developers to explain the business and system requirements and validate end-user requirements.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Identified the business flows and process flows; conducted detailed and comprehensive business, functional and system analysis to determine high-level and low-level artifacts and deliverables.
- Responsible for supervising work activities to ensure that the deployment is well-performed, coordinated among team members and consistent with the approved work plan.
- Held team discussions to deliberate over various scenarios that could take place and impact the project.
- Involved in writing Test Cases, procedures, reports, project documents and manuals.
- Monitored preparation and signed off test cases for UAT environment.
- Executed test cases for UAT, logging variances, defects and change requests.
- Generated various defect tracking, allocation, and progress reports.
- Analyzing defect reports and generating metrics to track defects prior releases.
Environment: or Tools: - MS office, power point, Agile/ Scrum, MS word, Excel , UML, Sharepoint Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Rational Clear Case, rational test manager.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Business System Analyst/QA/UAT Lead
- Worked closely and acted as liaison with business user, SMEs, Tech team, Development team, QA team to ensure business needs and prepare required document thought the project life cycle.
- Facilitated meetings, JAD sessions and roundtable discussions with business user in order to understand, identify and analyze their business process objectives and requirements
- Performed GAP analysis to identify, analyze and documenting the gaps between the current and future state of the system.
- Worked closely with different state departments like PennDot, JNET (Justice Network), PAVTN (Pennsylvania virtual Network), PCCD (Pennsylvania Commission on Crime Delinquency), CLEAN (Commonwealth law enforcement assistance network), PA FBI Cogent, PFAD (Protection From Abuse Department) to define external user interfaces and to understand the flow of existing system (MPO & SG TRS Municipal Police Officer & security Guard Record System) data exchange with this departments and how the data will reside and be used in the new system.
- Created Business Requirement (BRD), System and Functional Specification (FSD), Use cases, Story Boards, Business process flows, workflow, user interface diagrams, database diagram and test cases.
- Created UML diagrams such as swim lane diagrams, use case diagrams, activity diagrams using PLANTUML.
- Worked with the client to assist in translating functional specifications into technical specifications.
- Interacted with Tech leads and developers to identify and analyze given information incorporated within the Design document.
- Prepared user documentation - process documents and documents as needed for assisting in using the application. Responsible for the creation of deliverables including but not limited to: Test plan. Test cases, Status report
- Document process changes revisions and upgrades and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix. (RTM)
- Used TFS visual studio for validating, tracking and testing of the Business Requirement, Functional Specification and code change and system testing.
- Responsible for UAT Planning, Test case Specification, Test Execution, Test Management and Test Status Report.
- Preparing the UAT sessions, and Business readiness efforts, coordinating, session invites, material preparation and system availability.
- Planning session and business and preparing end user with the skills and knowledge to perform their jobs at go live.
- Define UAT entry/exit criteria and contributing to the ongoing development of UAT process and KPIs.
Environment: or Tools: - SharePoint, SQL Server, Ctrix tool, Visual Studio 2015, MS (Excel, Word, Visio, Access, Wire frames, Project, Visual Studio, Access) Requisite Pro, DotNet Platform, SQL Platform, PlantUML.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business System Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Worked closely with Business users, IT, SMEs and stakeholders to ensure business needs and views are properly represented throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Responsible for drafting and facilitating reviews and approvals of key project documentation with Goals, Objective and Scope Statements, High-level and Detailed Business Requirements, Success Metrics, Business Cases, Process Models, Use Cases, Test Cases/Scenarios etc.
- Served as a liaison between the internal/external business community and the IT organization in order to help facilitate the development of project business, user and functional/non-functional requirements
- Facilitated meetings and interview sessions with Business PMOs and Enterprise Program Managers EPMs and SMEs for review, edit and updated the documentation and for cross functional approvals.
- Participated in enterprise’s impact analysis for finance, and operational readiness for ICD-10 implementation.
- Touched basis of different workstreams and participated in End to End E2E testing cycles.
- Communicated and interacted with both IT team and QA team to clarify and provide information on validating and testing the requirements specifications.
- Collect information related to ongoing application upgrade and their impact on ICD-10 implementation and to discuss the next steps for implementation.
- Created awareness within the departments regarding the need, impact, benefits and risks of ICD-10 code application.
- Developed Process flow diagrams and use cases and test cases using Visio and Power point and worked with Solution Architects to understand the workflow of the system.
- Worked with technical team for implementing Cognos application and managing all process and activities at client end, analyzing user's requirements, developing test schedules, reviewing testing plans, tracking and documenting the development and results of these plans, and maintaining tables used in departmental database.
- Performed GAP analysis and Impact analysis to see I CD-10 transition impacted health insurance systems and other applications.
- Created CRs (change requests) for Data Warehouse to start their ICD-10 implementation and testing for the systems and applications. Created Change Requests for ICD-9 to ICD-10 NASCO Processing system.
- Was involved in System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on claims related reports coming from NASCO NPS.
- Performed data analysis for claims system business unit and performed GAP analysis to identify the scope, approach, resources and estimation for Claims Migration to NASCO from current claim system (TPS).
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise content management system and business processes.
- Supported EPMs to define project scope and to managing goals, project schedules and deadlines of deliverables for business needs.
- Participated in backward mapping and forward mapping for both ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and At-task for sharing, uploading documents and schedules.
Environment: or Tools: - SharePoint, At Task, SQL Server, Rational Rose, Visual Studio 2008/2010, UNIX / Oracle Platform, TOAD, SQL developer, QTP,QA Complete, MS (Excel, Word, Visio, Access, Wire frames, Project, Visual Studio, Access) Requisite Pro.
- Gathered business requirements by conducting detailed interviews with business users, stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the project
- Responsible for the designing the advance SQL queries, procedure, cursor, triggers, scripts. Reviewed and analyzed design documents for testability
- Analyzed Business Requirement Specification (BRS) and Software Requirement Specification (SRS) to design and develop test plan, test cases and test scripts for the application.
- Performed integration testing to test the functionality of the modules
- Executed functional testing, regression testing and integration testing extensively
- Reviewed test plans written by other engineers and gave feedbacks for better understandability and suggestions to include new tests.
- Assisted in managing the application in its entire life cycle to include maintenance, bug fixing and enhancements
- Participated in weekly status meetings and defect status meetings.
- Working experience of retirement plan.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and used Rational Requisite Pro to manage, analyze, and convert business requirements into functional specifications
- Developed use cases from requirements and created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams
Environment: or Tools: - User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Clear Quest, Joint Application Development (JAD), MS Access, Windows, MS Office