- Proactive, Self - radiant, Result Oriented, Commercially Savvy and PragmaticSenior Business Analyst with over 8+ years of progressive experience in IT industry in Banking and Finance Sectors. Certified Scrum Master with proven ability to work with self-organizing and cross-functional teams
- Experienced, working with various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies such asSAFe, Scrum-Waterfall (Hybrid), Kanban and Scrum
- Proven success in conducting as-is and to-be analysis, GAP analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, ROI analysis, SWOT analysis. Certified Scrum Master and have proficiency in Scrum framework
- Industry domain expertise inBanking Complianceslike Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), BASEL I, II, III, Dodd-Frank Act (DFA), Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Bank Secrecy Act, PCI-DSS, Anti- Money laundering(AML)issued by Regulatory authorities likeFederal Trade Commission( FTC), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau(CFPB), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency(OCC), Federal Reserve System(FRS), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority(FINRA)
- Good understanding of communication protocols like Hyper Text Transfer Protocols (HTTP/HTTPS), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Worthy understanding and experienced in projects that utilizedBig Data (Hadoop framework), integration and Data Warehousing(DW), Service Oriented Architecture(SOA), Business Process Improvement(BPI)
- Determined variousdata sources, performed data profiling and data cleansing created Data Mapping Document, data modelling techniques like Entity Relationship(ER) modelling &dimensional modelling and data validation in DWHprojects
- Well versed in concepts like OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, OLAP Cube, Conceptual modelling, logical modelling and Extract- Transform-Load(ETL) concepts
- Extensive knowledge about Roll-up (aggregation), Drill-down, Slice, Dice and Pivot (Rotate) OLAP operation
- Good knowledge on Data Warehouse related concepts such as Dimensional model (Conceptual and Logical), Star, Snowflake schema and Fact Tables.
- Involved with extensive client interactions and converting business functionalities into Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) models across heterogeneous IT environments.
- Experience working in Three-Tier architecture, Ajax, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Client-Side andServer-Side Validation
- Frequently used DDL, DML, DRL in SQL to perform CRUD operations on databases including joins, triggers, stored procedures.
- Good understanding of Big Data concepts, practical experience with Hadoop ecosystem, Ingestion tools like Apache Kafka, and Apache Scoop, used Processing tools like, Apache HBase.
- Possess experience in monitoring large volume of streaming data using Apache Flume and Apache Kafka
- Facilitated elicitation techniques such as Document Analysis, Interface Analysis, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Prototypes and Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Assisted Project manager for creating Project Charter, Risk Register, Project Management Planand stakeholder analysis management.
- Collaborated on creating Work Breakdown Structure to define and group project’s discrete work elements using MS project and achieving the milestones by tracking schedules, and evaluating the impact of changes.
- Good understanding in preparing Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed (RACI) Matrix.
- Experienced in preparing artifacts like Business Requirement Document(BRD), Function Requirement Document(FRD), Software requirement Specification (SRS), Data Mapping Document(DMD), RTMand dependency matrix.
- CreatedUML diagrams such as Use Case, Activity, Sequence, Component andaware of the other diagrams.
- Functional experience in crafting Work flow, business process flow, data flow, creating UI mock-ups, and wireframes
- Collaborated with QA team to document test cases, and test plans, also been a part of UATand performing defect tracking
- Experience supervising Black-Box Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing.
- Assisted in Creatinguser stories using INVEST criteria, helped Product owner and scrum master in decomposing epics and themes using vertical slicing, served in writingacceptance criteria for any given user story and assisted Product Owner for prioritizing Product Backlog.
- Knowledge of Financial reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting, Valuation, Value at Risk (VaR) and hedge fund strategies.
Business Skills: Business Process Analysis, Business Process Improvement, Use Case Modeling, JAD Sessions, Risk Analysis, Requirements Workshops, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Document Analysis, Impact Analysis, Data Analysis,Process Mapping.
Risk and Compliance: Credit Risk, Market risk, BASEL 1,2,3, Dodd-Frank Act, Foreign Bank Organization and Volcker rules, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Bank Secrecy Act, PCI-DSS, FINRA and NYSE regulations, Investment Act, GLBA and SEC, FRTB Standardized Approach, Anti-Money Laundering
Retail Banking: New Accounts, Checking and Savings Accounts, Statements, Pending and Cancelled Transactions, Reconciliation, Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Dodd-Frank Stress Test Act (DFAST)
Investment Banking: Cash Management, Wealth Management, Asset Allocation, Tickers, Pricing, Portfolio Management, Market Data, Payments, Capital Marketing, Global Market.
Trading: Equities, Fixed Income (Bonds, Convertibles, T-Notes, T-Bonds), Derivatives (Options, Futures, Forwards), Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds Portfolio Management, Forex (FX Options, FX Futures, Currency Swaps, Currency Forwards), Commodity, Trade Reconciliation, Small Order Routing etc.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid
Collaboration Tool: Microsoft SharePoint, Confluence, Team Foundation Server
Designing Tool: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Catia, Ansys, AutoCAD
Requirement Management: JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Rational RequistePro
Statistical Tools: Minitab, Excel, R-programming, JMP, Sigma Plot
ETL tools: Informatica Power Center
Testing Tools: HP ALM, Selenium, Load Runner, Jenkins (Continuous Integration), Test Director, Winrunner, HPQC
Databases: MySQL database, Oracle, Hbase, SQL server
Big Data: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Oozie, Apache Mahout, Apache Flume, Apache Sqoop, Apache Kafka
Data Warehousing: E-R diagrams, relationships and cardinalities, Dimensional modelling (star schema & snow-flake schema), architectures of data warehousing, Data modelling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), approaches for designing DW, OLTP, OLAP operations - drill down, roll-up, Pivot, slice and dice, data marts and Operational Data stores (ODS), Normalization and types and de-normalization.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI
Querying: Structured Query Language (SQL)
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Confidential, O’Fallon, Missouri
Sr. Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Facilitate Project Kick off meetings and ensured that the key stakeholders were invited
- Identify project scope, project risks along with Business owners, SME’s and key stakeholders with domain expertise
- Create program vision, Roadmap, and content presentations
- Elicit requirements with constant communication with business team and translated those requirements into Features and User stories in CA Agile
- Identify Cross team dependencies and plan the releases according to their timelines
- Actively participate in planning events for the Program Increment
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the initiatives and features
- Works to drive value as a function of cost, time, functionality and quality
- Works with the Product Manager to evaluate the product roadmap to identify features for development and identify Definition of Done for each feature
- Lead the development team to size features and stories, and determine what can be committed in the Program Increment based upon the team’s established velocity
- Assesses value, and prioritizes features and stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Good expertise in Product Backlog management and lead backlog grooming sessions to refine the product backlog with
- Facilitate agile ceremonies (Daily stand up, Sprint planning, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective, etc.) and ensure the ceremonies are time boxed
- Produce work flows, completes data mapping and performs business process design
- Works with the Architects and Tech Leads to identify non-functional requirements such as infrastructure needs
- Works with Quality Assurance team member(s) to identify test cases for automated testing
- Efficiently handled two Agile teams that are part of two release trains
- Facilitated 8 PI planning sessions, managed 2 ART's and identified the scope, dependencies, risks of the project
- Work with RTE, internal and external teams on identifying the objectives for every PI
- Conduct Scrum of Scrums with other dependent program teams to identify the cross-team dependencies
- Create change requests, get approvals and go through CAB (Change Approval Board) meetings for PRODUCTION related changes
- Manage tools like CA Agile, HP Quality Control in order to manage user stories and defects
- Handle enterprise standard tools like Remedy in order to handle change requests, work orders, problem tickets and manage them accordingly
- Work along with product owner and product manager to ensure quality product is being delivered
- Participate in elaboration sessions, feature breakdown sessions and
- Lead bi- weekly project reporting meetings to Executive sponsors
- Provide input into processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
- Effectively lead the project team or the responsible area to align with the business objectives, project schedule
- Provide oversight, coordination, and manage dependencies of the initiatives and features within the program
- Serves as the “Agile conscience” for the train and as such coaches, leaders, teams and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets
- Aggregates team timelines, creates a roadmap and publishes for visibility and transparency
- Establishes the annual calendars for Iterations, Program Increments, etc.
- Monitors, tracks and makes decisions on issues and risks at the program level, escalates impediments
- Monitors program-level Metrics and KPI’s to drive continuous improvement via retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Supports the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and facilitates a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Act as the communications conduit to executive sponsors and program board
- Assess team, Develop and implement program governance along Agile and SAFe methodologies
- Using Agile and SAFe methodologies, manage the coordination, status reporting, schedules and stability of product-oriented agile work efforts
- Collaborating with the Technical Architects and Business Partners to discuss customer, system needs and monitor if the team deliverables are meeting the customer, system needs
- Facilitating group discussions for identification and resolution of impasses. Employing diplomacy practices and skills to overcome conflicts that could hinder product development
- Coach the team on creating "Definition of done" criteria,
- Integrated PSPI to PSI and PI with the help of program and value stream levels
- Ensure that the team is not under commit/ over commit the requirements based on team's velocity
- Maintained Information radiators for the team to ensure transparency
- Excellent communication skills to negotiate and motivate the team to achieve sprint goals, resolving bottle neck issues and publishing impediments to product owner and stakeholders
- Manage customer expectations, resolve conflicts and drive projects successfully within a given time and budget
- Worked as a coach for Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Product Managers to understand SAFe practices and helped the cross-application teams adapt to SAFe
Environment: and Tools: SAFe, db2 mainframes, Windows servers,.NET, Jenkins, Visual Studio
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited requirements on Web Application, and types of Data sources and Reports from different Business Owners, Stakeholders and development teams by facilitating Interviews, Brainstorming, re-engineering and JAD session
- Assisted Project Manager in creating Project deliverables, milestones, resource estimation and WBS
- Defined the business rules by working with subject matter experts using ‘if’ and ‘then’ statements. Performed Document Analysis to know the As-Is system and created To-Be system by conducting GAPAnalysis, broke down the BRD into user stories by conducting workshops with the team, assisted in writing the acceptance criteria for the user stories and assisted product owner and scrum master in developing the product backlog on issue tracking tool JIRA
- Providedad-hoc support to risk managers to help them better understand the behavior of the models
- We Collaborated with development team in developing business scenario simulation algorithms using Apache Spark, Apache HBase
- Facilitated the team in construction of the Machine Learning Algorithm in Map Reduce, Apache Spark which made it easier to train and validate the system
- Gathered requirements that helped developers to create web-based applications using Apache Tomcat
- Aided testing team in by creating testing artifacts like test cases, test scripts and test scenarios
- Participated along with stakeholders in user acceptance testing(UAT)
- Assisted Web services team in designing REST services and configuring WSDL
- We Used Test Driven Development (TDD) development and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) techniques for building the application components, and performed Automated Testing using Selenium
- Assisted in configuring dash boards and reports using Power BI
- Involved in creation of User Acceptance Test cases and plans, defect tracking using Jira and validated reports
- Involved inScrum ceremonies, and converted High level requirements like Epics into user stories by using Vertical Slicing
- Involved in Backlog grooming sessions, helped scrum masterin conflict and resolution management
Environment: and Tools: Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid, Power BI, MySQL database, Oracle database (v-11g),Hadoop, Apache Sqoop (v-1.4.6), Apache Spark (v-2.0.0), Hbase (v-1.2.0), Apache Tomcat (v-8.0.47), Apache Flume (v-1.5.2) and Jira (v-6.3.3) and MS Visio (v-16.0), Apache Kafka (v-0.10.1.0), Jenkins.
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Captained meetings with the management, portfolio managers, quant analysts for analysis and prerequisites of the project.
- Prepared GAP analysis and Risk analysis via Document Analysis and Interface Analysis to understand the new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated.
- Conducted a high-level requirement gathering sessions with Business Owners for requirement elicitations via JAD Sessions, Interviews, Focused Groups and Brainstorming Sessions.
- Helped in the preparation of Business Requirements Document (BRD/HLD),Functional Requirements Document (FRD/LLD) and System Requirements Specification (SRS) to enable to development team to better understand the requirements and business needs.
- Worked proactively in the back-end with financial analysts in tagging securities to underlying assets for enhancement of operations
- Aided risk analysts in identifying and mitigating the risks using MS Excel to calculate annual volatility of each security
- Actively participated in document reviews, plan setup, plan configuration and incorporated them in Business process re-engineering, Business process improvements, Business process modeling using Activity diagrams and Swim-lane diagrams.
- Created Use-Case diagrams, Activity and Sequence diagrams, ER Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using UI components for the trade order management system for client verification.
- Helped the Product Owner to prioritize the Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks by taking suggestions from the cross-functional development team.
- Used JIRA for drafting the user stories and managing the requirements
- As a SCRUM Master, facilitated and time-boxed the SCRUM ceremonies (Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Standups, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting and Grooming Sessions)
- Created and maintained Sprint Burn-down Chart, Sprint Burn-up Chart, Product Release Chart, White Board to keep track of the team’s progress and the team’s velocity for better estimation of the sprints.
- Wrote test cases, test plans, and test scenarios and traceability matrices used by the Quality team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Active part of the testing of the system during Smoke testing, Black Box testing, Regression Testing, System Testing.
- Worked with the Product Owner during the Sprint Review Meeting for the Potential Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) and help decide which feature are DONE and satisfied using the acceptance criteria.
- Conducted ETL workshops to understand requirements for Data Warehouse Design (Extraction, Transform and Load) operations on the database.
- Used ETL process to map data from different sources (Bloomberg B-Pipe and Thomson Reuters-API) for all the assets such as equities, fixed income and derivatives to the trader’s system enabling them to upload the order details as the business required.
- Used Tableau and Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups and Macros) for reporting and analyzing the portfolio performance and fixed income analytics such as NAV, NPV, P&L, Asset Allocation, Country Allocation, Cash Flows, Profit and Losses of hedge to provide strategic decisions that align with the organization’s business requirements.
- Aided the testing team in writing the test cases, test scenarios, test scripts for automated testing using cucumber
Confidential, Madison, Wisconsin
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys by interacting with stakeholders and business users.
- Involved in preparing Logical Data Models and conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Worked on Conceptual, Logical Modeling and Physical Database design for OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Created a logical design and physical design of the centralized relational database.
- Responsible for database design, star schema, snow flake schema design, data analysis, documentation, implementation and support. Created BPMN to showcase the business processes in the business models.
- Created data model for the Star Schema using Erwin, created DDL scripts for static dimensions and ETL Mappings using Data Stage.
- Widely used Normalization methods and have done different normalizations (3NF) and helped Data Analysts in analyzing and generating the reports as required.
- Created DMR mapping spreadsheets, Source to Target mapping documents including the transformation rules.
- Used DML, DCL and DDL SQL queries for constructing the DWH.
- Involved in business process modeling using UML through Rational Rose.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro to document technical requirements and business user requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements, transformed data, and mapped source data using the Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model tool, from the source system to the Teradata Physical Data Model.
- Created logical data model from the conceptual model and its conversion into the physical database design using forward engineering in Erwin 4.0.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration using Informatica. Worked extensively in documenting the Source to Target Mapping documents with data transformation logic.
- Wrote User Stories fulfilling INVEST criteria, assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing the Product Backlog Items (PBIs) using techniques like Kano Model, Moscow and estimated Story Points using Planning Poker.
- Reduced risk and ambiguity by adding rigor to the Definition of Done and used domain knowledge and expertise to slice user stories based on business value.
- Involved in all scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming.
- Shielded the team from various impediments and assisted the Product Owner in forecasting release plans by tracking the Team’s Velocity.
- Performed User Acceptance testing, verification testing, Regression Testing and System testing manually.
- Involved in generating Test Plans and Test Specifications, prepared test data for positive and negative Test Scenarios as per system specifications and requirements.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Erwin 3.5.2, Toad, PL/SQL, Java, Angular JS, Oracle 9i, Informatica 7.1, BO 6.5/ XIR2, JIRA 5.2, Visual studio 2013, MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Tableau 8.3.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
Business Systems Analyst
- Led Requirement Gathering Sessions (RGS), Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions
- Interviewed the Key Stake Holders, SMEs, and Decision makers to have a successful collection of requirements
- Documented Project Charter (PC) and Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specification (URS)
- Assisted the Project Manager in preparing the Project Development Plans. Also helped in identifying and tracking Project Issues and Risks
- Created weekly reports with the help of SharePoint
- Ensuring correct and accurate balances, while resolving inaccuracies and customer issues
- Utilized SharePoint to track performance of the web sites, and easily integrate third party tools whenever required
- Conduct Due diligence and Know Your Customer (KYC) research for high net worth clients, as part of the business-wide Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance remediation process
- Analysis of accounts and client information according to prescribed internal control policies and procedures. Identification and production of information required to satisfy the Bank’s KYC due diligence policies and processes
- Extensive use of MS Project, MS SharePoint (used as the library for Project documentation and the communication of Project information)
- Participated in creating an online cloud repository using Oracle Cloud Computing services
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Collaborated with colleagues and managers to analyze service delivery and streamline the customer service experience
- Gathered business, system, and functional requirements by conducting detailed interviews with business users, stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
- Responsible for mapping EDI X12 data into XML and then to the FACETS system using Extreme translator
- Gathered business and functional requirements based on the project scope and SDLC
- Interacted with client, business analysis, lead developer and team members for Requirement and functional specifications and technical architecture
- Used data modeling and developed Use Cases, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Enterprise Architect Used Waterfall Methodology for regular and requirements and continuous delivery of useful and working software
Environment: Waterfall methodology, XML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Microsoft Project, Rational Rose, MS Visio, CMS(SharePoint), SaaS, PaaS (Cloud Computing)
- Actively Involved in Pre-Analysis of project with SME (Subject Matter Experts) and Developers
- Conducted Gap analysis for ‘As-is’ and To-be of the process to identify and validate requirements
- Participating JAD sessions with SME’s and multiple teams for requirement gathering and refinement.
- Analyzed the gathered requirement and reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD)/Functional Specification Document (FSD)
- Considered the Fixed Income processes and characteristics to improve the asset allocation
- Created System Requirement Specification (SRS) document to describe all data, functional and behavioral requirement of the system
- Used Share point for content management and document management
- Wrote Use Case and built Use Case Diagram/ Activity Diagram using MS Visio
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) using HP QC tool
- Used JIRA for allotting task and issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability
- Worked with QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for UAT and regression testing
- Tableau was used as a data visualization tool to communicate information clearly and efficiently via the statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables, and charts selected throughout the project
Environment: SQL Server, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio, HP QC, UAT Testing, SharePoint, ASP.net, Tableau, Ajax, XML, REST API, Web Server, HTML, CSS3, JIRA.