- Over 7 years of extensive experience in the Business Domains of Finance and Insurance.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experienced in using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in the field of Business Analysis, risk analysis, software validations in Banking projects, multi-tier and web based application for various horizontal and vertical industries.
- Partnering with clients to gather all requirements to formulate business specifications and translating those into application functionality, understanding value proposition of the project.
- Experience on Business Analysis, Requirements Management, Use Case modeling using UML using Visio, Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Project Management, Change Management, Technical Writing, UAT testing.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels with exceptional skills in forming and facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) teams.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML.
- Excellent professional skills by working independently and as a team member to prepare and create test plans, test scripts and test cases for manual testing.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of preparing various documents required in testing environment using my strong documentation skills.
- Excellent in MS-Access Database and Excel Spreadsheet.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ Feb2011- Present Business Analyst Confidential is a leading global provider of investment management products and services that offers a broad range of equity, fixed-income, hedge and liquidity management products through individual asset management companies and multiple distribution channels. The project was a strategic project from Bank of New York Mellon to offer the end users being served by another division of the bank to open an account in Dreyfus Mutual funds and integrating the mutual fund accounts with their current account in the bank.
- Analyzed requirements modeled current business environment and produced cost effective options.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirements and converted them into Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Specifications for the designers and developers to understand them as per their perspective.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to identify business rules and requirements and documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Created Business Use Cases.
- Created various types of UML Diagrams like Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagram, Class Diagram and Sequence Diagram to model the business use cases, business activities, business entities and business workflow and the interaction between them.
- Conducted meetings with users and other stakeholders to elicit, organize and document the requirements.
- Verified the functional aspect as per the Business Process and validated the interfaces with the other systems and data conversion from the legacy system.
- Conducted meetings with ETL team in order to provide source-to-source staging data requirements/ definitions/ for mapping purposes.
- Enhanced the Test Cases by analyzing the Specification Documents.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases using HP Quality Center.
Environment: SQL, UML, MS Project, MS Visio, HTML, HP Quality Center 9.0, QTP 9.2
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ Jun 2010 – Feb 2011 Business Analyst Confidential is a financial services company specializing in education loans. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. The project was to enhance the existing student loan processing system. This involved creating client facing web application to pre-screen the prospective client, modify the existing application form, utilizing third party background check system and consolidating reports for the loan manager.
- Documented the current process, suggested future state process improvement, identified bottlenecks and modeled current and future state processes.
- Reviewed and analyzed the business requirements document to derive the functional specifications document and assisted in the preparation of System Requirement Specifications
- Developed and executed real world lending scenarios based on client’s business requirements to ensure functional/non functional integrity.
- Developed Use Cases using UML based on the needs of Business Users.
- Used MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point, Outlook, and Project) for project tracking, documentation, and presentation.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules. Participated in the identification, understanding, and documentation of business requirements, including the applications capable of supporting those requirements.
- Identified, organized, and documented the changing requirements of the project
- Developed and executed test plans and test scripts for testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Environment: Windows 2008, MS Office team suite, SQL, Test Director.
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA Sep 2009 – May 2010 Business Analyst Confidential provides insurance services, mortgage services and auto finance. GMAC originates and services mortgage loans to homebuyers around US. The project involved Loan Origination system for loan processing and a point of sale system where the loan officer can check the status of borrower, their repayments and make any changes to the borrower information.
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Created business process workflow diagrams (Activity diagrams) in Visio.
- Link business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Performed Feasibility Analysis and Risk Analysis on the application.
- Created Business Use-Case Model after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL.
- Also worked on the entire cycle from opening period to closing period in GL (General ledger).
- Led & conducted JAD sessions to identify the flows and processes involved in the content.
- Prepared project reports for management and others. Assisted project managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports.
- . Coordinated with Business Objects team in designing and to provide operation and sales reports.
- Created test plans and test scenarios and participated in user acceptance testing.
- Involved in UAT planning and execution.
- Execute ad hoc SQL queries to facilitate testing. Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
Environment: Visual Studio, HTML , SQL Server, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Project, HP Quality Centre, QTP
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN Oct 2008 – Sep 2009 Business Analyst Confidential is a diversified financial services company in the United States with consumer finance subsidiaries doing business in Canada and Puerto Rico. I was highly involved in the system which provides a complete set of rules, computations, business definitions and underlying data structures to achieve compliance with the Internal Ratings Based approach of the Basel II Accord. The system also serves as a credit analytics tool that could identify, evaluate and reduce overall business risk using data Management technology.
- Involved in defining the scope of the project based on the gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, project risks and scope exclusions.
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis.
- As-Is and To-be analysis of the system to ensure the compliance with Base II accord.
- Responsible for coordinating JAD sessions with business users to analyze, gather and define the key performance indicators, document and present the requirements specifications.
- Worked extensively with MS Project & MS- Visio to document requirements, create the process flow diagrams.
- Defined functional business requirements, analyzed client requirements, and generated workflow processes.
- Managed requirements and wrote Use cases.
- Provided full project life cycle flowcharting, analysis and documentation.
- Involved in Workflow analysis and operations.
- Involved in UAT planning and execution.
- Created and presented High Level Testing Scenarios to business, development and other stakeholders
- Used HP Quality Centre for managing the overall testing effort to define and store information about test requirements, test cases, scripts, bug tracking, and reporting.
- Executed SQL Queries to check the data table updates after test execution.
- Involved in creating User Interface (UI) and preparing layout for the system.
- Created the templates for test plan, test cases, process flow diagrams, etc.
Environment: Visual Studio, Windows 2000 Server, and, SQL, HP Quality Centre, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Project.
Confidential, India Mar 2007 – Aug 2008 Business Analyst The Document Management Solution project was created to develop an application that would manage the loan documents more quickly and effectively and thus reducing the processing time of a loan from days to hours. The main objective of this project was to eliminate the paper based loan approval process and come up with a solution that enabled faster and more effective customer service.
- Involved in all the phases of a System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure that business objectives were met.
- Gathered Business Requirements by interacting with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Evaluated solutions for business problems/bottlenecks and evaluated alternate methods to increase efficiency and improve control. Analyzed and documented information system requirements and the corresponding impact on business processes.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and well experienced in interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Consulted with users, resolved problem to meet specific technical and business needs.
- Validation and Verification accountability for all the deliverables of s/w development projects.
- Assisted the testing team in preparing Test Plans and Test cases, detecting bugs in the system.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Prepared reports and presentations for weekly management meeting to update senior management staff on project deliverables, progression and timelines.
Confidential, India Jul 2005-Feb 2007 Business Analyst Confidential is India’s largest private sector bank. ICICI Web Trade provides online trading in equity, derivative, Investment in mutual funds and portfolio management. The System also provides web access to various corporate companies to streamline their financial and administrative operations that are associated with their online share trading and portfolio management. The Project was to work on an Intranet web-based application for equity cash trading linked with client’s saving account and demat account and to enhanced with more customer friendly features detailing the various investments. The Online Brokerage Application allows the customer to View the Account status, Asset allocation chart, order status, account holdings, current market indices, trade online and view charts.
- Interacted with SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Understood and articulated business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into functional specifications.
- Analyzed software requirement specification documents. Created processing model diagrams in UML using the business process information captured in the business context analysis documents. Present high-level requirements using use cases, and interaction diagrams to user groups, as well as documenting requirements and getting them reviewed and base lining the same.
- Elicit requirements by employing information-gathering techniques (e.g., Interviews, surveys, business process analysis, competitive product analysis, reverse engineering of existing systems, etc.). Interacted with the user community to enhance understanding of the solutions project timelines and impact
- Used the UML for structuring / modeling the whole project. Identify Use Cases and developed Use Case Diagram using UML
Environment: MS Project, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Outlook), MS Visio, Java, SQL