- A resourceful Business Analyst with over five years of experience having a solid understanding of Gathering and Documenting requirements, Business Process Flows, Case Tools, and System Analysis for verifying business and system needs.
- Extensive knowledge of Rational Unified Process\'s (RUP) iterative SDLC Process, Agile, WaterfallModel, SCRUM Model. Well conversant with RUP in all four phases.
- Highly proficient in preparing graphical depictions of Use Cases based on UML methodology using CASE tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio
- Possess excellent business writing skills required for documenting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), and Non-Functional Requirements Document (NFRD)
- Experience of conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and core team members.
- In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into Technical Specifications.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and SWOT analysis.
- Good knowledge in designing and execution of test plans and test cases for testing to support pre and post implementation of applications and issues along with QA teams and other business groups.
- Extensive knowledge of writing SQL queries, using interfaces like Toad, SQL Plus to maintain data integrity across various applications.
- Providing traceability across the project by analysis and review of project elements involved in traceability including Testing Artefacts, End-User Support documentation and training materials.
- Detailed knowledge about Healthcare EDI transaction sets like 834 , 837 , 825 , 820
- Understanding of Healthcare Codesets like ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT4 and HCPCS.
- Involved in gathering requirements that comply with HIPAA 5010 and ANSI X 12 format regulations.
- Widespread experience in diversified industry domains including entertainment, healthcare and banking.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Windows (7, XP, 2000, NT)
RUP, Agile, Waterfall
Visual Modelling Tools
Rational Rose, MS Visio
MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project, Requisite Pro, DOORS ,Quality Center, SharePoint
MS SQL Server, MS Access , Oracle
EDI Transaction Sets
834,835, 837, 820, 997, 271, 276, 277
Sr. Business Analyst, March 2011 to June 2012
Confidential, Newington CT
Confidential, delivers Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to Healthcare Industry particularly for Health Informatics Departments. Internally known as Healthcare Analytics and Reporting Platform (HARP) is an end to end solution for EDW and BI needs. More details at http://infowavesystems.com/pages/infowave_products.html. This solution consists of three main components Healthcare Data Management (HDM), Healthcare Data Repository (HDR) and Healthcare Business Intelligence & Reporting (HBR). These solutions are implemented for companies such as Activehealth (Aetna), Cigna, WellCare, etc. Infowave is expanding this solution to address the need of mid-level insurance companies/plans and is being enhanced to aid in generating new health care metrics that were mandated by recent health care reforms. I was part of the offsite core team which was designing and implementing HARP in various onsite locations. My role is to capture and document requirements of the module that captures Medicare, Medicaid, Private insurance claims data, Member data and Enrollment details transmitted through various HIPAA 4010/5010 formats and to develop EDW platform that merges and stores relevant Subscriber, Member, Patient, Provider, Claims and Enrollment data. This enables analysis and reporting that can help in business decision process and facilitates the reporting of relevant information.
- Worked as a part of business team in brain storming sessions and developed solution requirements and documented in BRD's.
- Analyzed various ANSIX12 documents, implementation and companion guides to prioritize claim and subscriber data that is critical for Business Intelligence
- Conducted in depth research in to Medicare, Medicaid (including www.cms.gov) and commercial insurance business models to define business rules for application development.
- Interacted with SMEs to ensure product's compliance with HIPPA guidelines and state laws about health care privacy and security.
- Involved in gathering requirements that comply with HIPAA 5010 and ANSI X 12 format regulations to protect the privacy of the employee insured under any policy.
- Gathered and analyzed Functional and Non Functional requirements. Aided in developing Functional Specification Document using MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- Gathered reporting requirements from business team, and designed report layouts and UI screens using Adobe Fireworks.
- Responsible for creating business rules matrix and clearly distinguishing a business rule from functional requirement.
- Organize requirements into high level Use Cases and low level Use Case Specifications and modelled them into UC, Activity and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Performed extensive gap analysis.
- Involved in data analysis and data mapping efforts and provided input to designers for defining XML schemas.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Closely worked with testing team for developing test scenarios and test cases in Quality Center.
- Established a business Analysis methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process).
- Led change management efforts, defined change request process and created mitigation and risk assessment plan to handle changing requirements.
- Responsible for assessing change requests in terms of time, scope and budget and devising priority to each change request.
- Created and monitored the Risk Matrix based on criticality, severity, impact, probability, ease of detection and complexity of the associated risk factors).
- Created and maintained develop Traceability matrix to map the requirements
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
Environment: RUP, Adobe Fireworks,MS Office, MS Visio,,Quality Center, PL/SQL, Java, SharePoint, SQL Server ,ORACLEBusiness Analyst, May 2010 to Feb 2011
Confidential, Wayne NJ
Confidential, is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey. It offers a wide range of mortgage products, including fixed-rate mortgages, adjustable-rate mortgages, home equity loans, home equity line of credit and title services. I was involved in managing the requirements to replace the existing manually intensive system. The project was an initiative to develop and implement a new automated Loan Origination System which provides consumers with automatic status updates regarding their loans and the progress of their approvals as well as the rate updates.
- Addressed all the aspects of the loan lifecycle, starting from identifying a deal right up to the loan closure
- Followed Scrum methodology for the entire software development life cycle and involved in daily Scrum Meetings
- Created Use Cases, User Stories, Activity Diagrams, Workflow diagrams and State Charts to define the user interaction with the system components using Rational Rose and MS Visio
- Worked Extensively on Rational Requisite Pro to organize and catalogue requirements
- Responsible for the maintenance of updated documents in shared drives and in SharePoint to keep a better track of the projects
- Performed Gap Analysis to ensure that there were no functionality Gaps
- Facilitated in developing test cases based on business requirements and actively involved in User Acceptance (UAT) and End to End testing
- Participated in Product Presentations, walkthroughs and design workshops
- Used Oracle SQL developer to write queries for data collection and to test the database backend for result validation
- Worked closely with Developers and Testers to clarify/understand application functionality, maintenance activities to resolve issues and provided feedback to eliminate bugs using HP Quality center.
Environment: SCRUM, Rational Requisite pro, Rational Rose, HP Quality Center, MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, access, outlook), SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, SQLBusiness Analyst, July 2007 to April 2010
Confidential, is a consumer research company in the United States that collects listener data on radio audiences. Portable people meters (PPM) are electronic devices that replace the then existent diary based systems. The PPM system automatically reports audience exposure to inaudible codes embedded in a broadcast signal. I was involved in the following projects
Arbitron PPM - Web Application-Multi Survey
This release was focused on accommodating multi survey processing in the PPM Web application. Before the implementation of this release, PPM Web app recruited and managed samples for one survey at a time. This release enabled the users to plan for the future releases as well.
Arbitron PPM - Web Application-Media Rating Council
The MRC (Media rating council) had audited Arbitron's process of measuring the listening data .The council then suggested for a list of changes to improve the accuracy of the data delivered to Arbitron's customers, Hence this release mainly concentrated on implementing those suggestions. One of the main change request was to alter the payment process such that the payments are processed based on the person's age, race and ethnicity.
Arbitron PPM - Web Application- Flag HH members who cannot carry meters
The main objective of this project is to exclude people having physical/mental disability from the PPM panel. The user needed a screen through which he/she can update a person's physical/mental disability. On updating the screen the person with the disability has to be disengaged from various PPM processes
Arbitron PPM - Web Application-Separate English and bilingual samples
PPM Web application was sending letters to the people carrying meters for various purposes. The main objective of this change request was to decide on the language of the letter based on the person's characteristics.
- Obtaining a thorough grasp of the business process being followed in the Project Environment.
- Extracting the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application,
- Involved in gathering and documenting the requirements that were critical to the business process and using those requirements to design application software using a Use Case Approach.
- Thorough understanding of waterfall methodology through involvement in all phases.
- Used Visio to model the process using the UML to create Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Created and maintained RTM.
- Interviewed Business Area experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Involved in converting the User Requirements into Business Requirements, functional requirements and also created business process models from the requirement specs.
- Identified the data exchange between the various engines and preparing detailed Data Flow Diagrams.
- Non-Technical Specifications included creating proper documentation and clear illustration of the requirements for the benefit of the Project Management, subject matter experts and test users
- Was involved in Knowledge Transfer and co-ordination with the Off Shore Development Team
- Provided Input and reviewed the Testing Scenarios, Test Cases and done UAT.
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, role-playing, prototyping and observation of the compliance department work environment.
- Ability to work with all members of the project team, following the project through the Systems Development Life Cycle and ensuring business objectives are met (extensive project life cycle experience).
- Extensive experience with User acceptance testing (UAT) through customer talk-through and customer walk-through, System Testing, Integration Testing and Build Verification Testing.
- Created product documentation, including online help, printed user manual, and training materials.
Environment: Waterfall, HP Quality Center, MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, access, outlook), SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, SQLBusiness Analyst Intern, Jan 2007 to June 2007
Confidential, Hosur India
The project required creation of a web-based Order Management system where agents could log on to check the status of orders placed online for new motors with their specific rates
- Defined and identified Business Rules by interacting with stakeholders and users through Surveys & Brainstorming.
- Developed a vision plan that defined the primary goals and objectives of the project.
- Gathered Business Requirements from the Stakeholders and documented the requirements.
- Planned the project by conducting interviews, feasibility studies to identify and eliminate high-risk areas of the application.
- Assessed the evolution of business in future & developed long-term product roadmap.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) notations and methodology in developing models that accurately represent the business process and workflows to effectively communicate them to the stakeholders.
- Assisted the QA personnel in the creation of Test Cases
Environment: Windows 2000/NT, MS Visio, UML, MS Office SuiteEducation
Bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering