7+ years of extensive experience as a Business Analyst in business and functional requirements gathering, analyzing requirements, data analysis, data mapping, business process re - engineering, object- oriented designing, unified modeling language (UML), SDLC methodology (RUP, Agile, SCRUM, XP) and project management in finance and investment banking domain, very good team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- MS Visio
- Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Rational Rose
- Rational Requisite Pro
- Test Management
- Class Diagrams
- Use Case Diagrams
- Sequence Diagrams
- Activity Diagrams
- MS Word
- Power point
- MS Project
- Excel spread sheets
- MS SQL Server
- Test director
- Quality Center
Confidential, Lancaster, PA
- Identified applications and documented necessary details to determine priority for participation in enterprise wide Identity and Access Management program.
- Coordinated with Business Partners and Information Technology Application Groups to define Business Roles and Technical Roles, and assisted in integrating those requirements into Identity and Access Management solution.
- Gathered requirements for all projects including Identity and Access Management scenarios.
- Use Identity and Access Management to initiate, capture, record and manage user identities and their related access permissions in an automated fashion.
- Interfaced with the client to gather business requirements & translated them into technical specifications for adding new target systems/applications to the Identity and Access Management solution.
- Prepared Functional specification documents based on client's requirements.
- Responsible for producing business artifacts such as Business Requirement documents, detailed Functional Requirement documents, and high-level use cases describing business processes.
- Created wireframes based on the creative design and anticipated user experience
- Created Visio screen prototypes; provided User Experience and workflow recommendations for new products
- Involved in all SDLC stages under agile process in applications including Requirements analysis, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Created Process Flow diagrams, use case diagrams (UML) using MS-Visio.
- Involved in project management methodologies.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for reports and data validation.
- Coordinated and ensured the smooth run of UATs by setting up test environment, documenting test cases, providing test data and remaining accessible to SMEs during UATs.
Confidential, Wall Street, NY
Business Systems Analyst
- Conduct JAD sessions and ELABORATION sessions to facilitate common discussion forum for Business and IT teams, and gather required information pertaining to applications, data and related IT infrastructure.
- Create Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Technical and Design specifications document (TSD), Report Specification Document (RSD) and Solution Design Document to provide detailed information about the application, data and processes being retired, archived or integrated.
- Elicited and gathered user and business requirements through open ended discussions, brainstorming and prototyping.
- Utilized AGILE to configure and develop process, standards and procedures.
- Performed GAP analysis to compare the existing system with the proposed system and documented new requirements and features.
- Developed Business Requirement Document and Use Case Specification Document for Use Cases.
- Responsible for converting the business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification.
- Created Project management plans for managing on time delivery using MS Project along with writing test cases, and systems integration test plans in Test Director.
- Built a business process model using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing and documented detailed defects.
- Create Functional Requirement Specification for the Data Warehouse and different functionality which were being designed into the Data Warehouse.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Conducted brainstorming sessions to extrapolate the requirements that are not stated.
- Worked with business sponsors to elicit business/functional requirements and generated use cases in accordance with RUP Best Practices.
- Extensively used Rational Requisite Pro to document, review and analyze the requirements.
- Used UML and RUP methodology to capture, analyze and translate business requirements.
- Developed business Use Case scenarios, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams.
- Prepared Rational Suite (Clear Quest and Requisite Pro) training materials for user and administrators and trained nearly thirty of them in the branch office.
- Structured flexible test plans, test cases and test scripts to test entire application based on business requirements, technical specifications, product knowledge and use case scenarios.
- Experienced in Loan Origination.
- Experienced with End to End aspects of Loan Origination System (Setup, Configure, Process Flow, Loan Origination Processing).
- Addressed all aspects of the loan life cycle, starting from identifying a prospective client to the loan closure.
- Participated in project review meetings to resolve defect related issues.
- Revised existing documentation comprehensively to enhance the ability of the stakeholders to proceed with the next major phase of developing the application.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing on behalf of end-user to ensure that the user requirements are satisfied and properly tested.
- Assisted in implementation and deployment of the best SCM processes with seamless integration among various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Change Request and Product Life Cycle Management utilizing UCM component of Rational Suite.
Confidential, Cordele, GA
- Created business requirements documents (BRDs), functional requirement specifications (FRDs), and technical design specifications for various applications and systems used by commercial insurance business.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business user, project sponsor, operations team, and the technical team throughout the project life cycle for Commercial lines of property & casualty (P&C) commercial lines of Insurance business unit.
- Elicited business requirements by conducting structured interviews, JAD sessions, and workshops across various Commercial lines within the P&C business unit
- Interface directly with TPA's for feedback to unresolved open items to complete requirement documentation for projects.
- Assisting project with elicitation & defining requirements, scope management, user flow diagrams, implementation strategies and developing business documents.
- Followed RUP Methodology
- Conducted GAP analysis of the system in terms of "as is" and "to be", studied existing data handling systems to evaluate effectiveness and developed new systems to improve workflows.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and traced implementation of the requirements through various phases.
- Ensured that relevant UML diagrams and tools were used in all requirement documents and prepared business process models such as Use Case Models, Activity Diagrams, and Sequential Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Wrote SQL queries to filter data within the SQL Server database.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered high level requirements by conducting stakeholder interviews and Focused Group Discussions.
- Worked in developing the wireframe and mockups for the prototype of the web based portal application in MS Visio
- Involved in creating a web based application, which is accessed by potential customers.
- Prepared, analyzed AS IS and TO BE of existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis, created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Created Business Process Models to simplify the requirement specification, usage and deployment for business owners, managers, analysts and application developers.
- Perform various SQL data extractions for downstream systems, 3 rd parties and for internal use
- Prepared graphical depictions of Textual Use Cases, creating Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Business Flow Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Maintained documents as per Project Management Methodology (PMM).
- Utilized corporation developed RUP SDLC methodology.
- Conferring with Business Users to Gather Requirements for the design and development teams.
- Developed workflow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements for all data processing requirements
- Coordinated with dev manager and QA lead to prepare project schedule and milestones chart.
- Used Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access for Data Analysis and Reporting