Over eight (8) years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Eight years of experience in IT
- Eight years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Three years of experience in DOORS
- Five years of experience in SDLC
- Two years ALSCOM experience
- Fifteen years of experience in MS Office
- Five years of experience in MS Project
- Four years of experience in MS Visio
- Four Years of experience in Retail Banking
- Two years of experience in Telecom
- Methodologies used; SDLC, RUP, AGILE, SCRUM, Lean Six Sigma, SOA
- Excellent experience in Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Experience in Accounting & Financial Analysis and performing GAP Analysis
- Knowledge of Federal and State billing regulations and tax compliance
- Adept with Office Automation tools (PowerPoint, Excel 2007 Pivot tables/VBA, Word, Access and Visio)
- Knowledgeable in GAAP, FAS, A/R, A/P, G/L, SOX methodologies and standards
- Experienced Business Requirements Management and documentation in DOORS
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Accounting & Financial Analysis and performing GAP Analysis Extensive project management experience and knowledge of SOA methodologies and Lifecycles.
- Experienced in coordinating, facilitating and documenting teammeetings and follow through on agenda issues
- Proficient with screen capture software and/or simple graphics editing skills (SnagIt, Paint, etc.)
- Proactive analysis of data and processes, utilizing SharePoint as the collaborative technology
- Proficienct use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools
- Experienced in Requirement Gathering using a variety of interview techniques
- Maintaining Business Requirement Documents and Writing Use Cases using the Rational Requisite Pro for Requirement Management
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) RUP and Agile methodologies
- Experienced in customer / client interaction, in-depth knowledge of RAD, SWOT and CRM.
- Participated in the team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Performed planning and development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenario to meet product's business requirements.
- Adept at using both manual and automated testing tools to troubleshoot systems
Confidential - Martinsburg, WV 12/2009 - 06/2010
- Researched and documented design specifications using various UML diagrams in Visio to support design activities.
- Tested the current Dashboard portal to make it to accommodate Business Process Management and contributed to Implementation Plans.
- Analyzed and tested various processes of Healthcare submission and processing process functionalities including testing the corresponding web services
- Collaborated with business units and delivery teams requesting system changes to clarify business requirements and benefits of changes.
- Provided technical support and coaching to team members.
- Helped in process analysis to convert the Forms driven system to both Events and Business process driven system.
- Managed complex aggregated tasks into simpler manageable tasks.
- Helped the process team in Developing methodology and lifecycle for the BPM/SOA processes testing and quality assurance.
- Claim Submission & Remittance (837 & 835), Claim Status (276/277), etc.
- Translated requirement into functional and non functional for later use in the Business Documentation (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Created and managed lifecycle management content (training, tools, documentation) on SharePoint
Environment: Eclipse, Test Director, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle BPM Suite, SQL, Microsoft Project 2000, MS Office, MS Visio, Rational SOA tester, Mercury Services Test tool
Confidential - Princeton, NJ 05/2007-11/2009
The project involved the conversion of VACU clients an application that helped aimed at maximizing efficient organization and tracking of customer Scheduled Payments in the Online banking Module to ensure all steps in the process were completed on time.
- Integrated different builds which included different iterations during the Agile process.
- Worked with the scrum agile methodology throughout the SDLC for the implementation of releases at Confidential.
- Gathered and identified Business Requirements in DOORS and collaborated with the technical team to define Functional Requirements
- Analyzed data/workflows, defined the scope, and performed GAP analysis
- Incorporated the core modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP particularly The General Ledger for audit control to reduce transaction entry steps and increase accuracy incorporating data directly from one module to another.
- Worked in a client/server application development environment, involving web Applications
- Assisted in the Integration of ALSCOM software into Client servers to facilitate credit processing solution that automates a paperless flow of loan processing information
- Managed electronic banking in a security-enhanced environment that included increased protection through check comparison, easy exception handling, and automated transaction matching
- Involved in Quantitative modeling with proprietary computer-assisted approach to match potential fixed income selections with a client\'s portfolio characteristics to ensure the most efficient risk-return ratio while still meeting the client\'s overall strategic growth goals
- Supported lending institutions with ALSCOM software to process complete retail lending products via loan marketing channels and loan information providers involving both direct and indirect consumer lending processes with improved credit risk management.
- Coordinated system training for users required by the business area
- Reconciled billing records and report income projections to management
- Experienced in preparation of functional and technical specifications within investment banks and capital market firms
- Partnered with Support Team to identify feasible solutions to meet the business needs
- Compiled and analyzed budget information for use by management in budget decisions.
- For COTS packages, created Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements documentation, project plans, implementation plans and executive project reports.
- Assisted in implementation of SWIFT for Funds to standardize and automate the following business flows, like account openings and maintenance, orders, statuses or cancellations of orders and order confirmations, transfers, statements (of holding and transactions).
- Employed ETL Tools and BI to move data from one operational system to another data repository
- Minimized repetitive manual data entry by moving routine accounting tasks online with the eBanking and eExpense modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Created Links between Business Requirements and project scope while aligning development and test documents to the business requirements for traceability purposes in DOORS.
- Worked in a client/server application development environment, involving web applications.
- Incorporated Microsoft Dynamics GP audit trails for accountability and oversight required by Sarbanes-Oxley legislation which provides enforced password expirations and securing password rules when implemented in a Windows Server 2003 domain using SQL Server 2005.
- Managed electronic banking in a security-enhanced environment that included increased protection through check comparison, easy exception handling, and automated transaction matching.
- Identified cost outliers and took corrective measures in Budgeting with Billing Team.
- Coordinated system training for users required by the business area.
- Identified potential risks and opportunity to promote process improvements based on best business practices and utilizing functionality within client business systems
Environment: Windows 2000, Test Director, Oracle database, DOORS, SQL, Microsoft Project 2000, MS Office, MS Visio.
Confidential - Virginia 03/2006-04/2007
The project aimed at the optimization of the supply chain by fine tuning and improving operations by analyzing the overall supply chain solution from forecasting and replenishment to transportation and technology by integrating MS Dynamics GP Core Modules.
- Performed data analysis using SQL queries to extract information from databases.
- Performed some BI activities involving loading, extracting and transformation of data for cleansing
- Defined and created Requirements Documents in DOORS involving, Use Cases Development
- Assisted in application Design, and participated in testing efforts leading to Integration, Conversion, Deployment of new features and enhancements
- Developed and wrote Functional and Technical specifications for development objects
- Assisted with the integration Core Modules of MS Dynamics like GP RED (Revenue and Expense Deferral) Application to help defer Manufacturing revenues and expenses.
- Involved in Business Process Analysis/documentation activities.
- Created, designed, delivered and facilitated meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and documented work flow processes and stakeholder notification in Project Communications.
- Created Process Flow Diagrams for QAS processes using Microsoft Visio
- Led Enterprise Release efforts as per the need of the business
- Captured Screen Specifications in PowerPoint for documentation and training manuals.
- Led in the design and delivery of content for on-going user training
- Identified business processes and data requirements, provided recommendations to improve visibility, cost reductions and improved load acceptance supported company standard BI / reporting solutions
- Proficient with office automation suite; MS Word, MS Project, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint, Quality Center, and SharePoint online collaboration tools
- Created and present project presentations to senior leadership and management using PowerPoint
- Managed implementation guides and schedules and facilitated approvals
- Liaised with cross functional business teams, assisted in user acceptance testing and issue resolution
- Provided post production support for new functionality delivered
- Supported Account Management and Operations in analysis of customer data using BI techniques and translated non-technical business questions into quantifiable analysis tasks
- Effectively communicated findings from complex analyses to non-technical audiences
- Performed Gap analysis using Excel financial applications
- Used the analytical Accounting module in Microsoft Dynamics GP to analyze reports in multiple formats and from multiple angles, including user-defined transaction dimensions
- Utilized a variety of spreadsheet and graphics packages to develop financial summaries.
- Monitored the global monthly consolidation process, ensuring that all processes and data loads are accurately completed and procedures are followed.
- Worked on financial budgeting, capital expenditure, cash flow and foreign-exchange dealings
- Identified defects during UAT using Clear Quest and ensured quick resolution of these defects.
Environment: DOORS,SQL, Oracle server, Windows XP, HTML, MS Office suite, QTP
Confidential - Ghana 10/2004 - 09/2005
Confidential a well-established Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software service provider focuses exclusively on integrate and better manage finances, E-commerce, supply chain, manufacturing, project accounting, field service, customer relationships and human resources.This Project was to render tailor-made ERP tropically tolerant, innovative and result-oriented software to the Ministry of Social Welfare.
- Conducted interviews with Stakeholders involved in the Requirement Gathering Process.
- Created and maintained uses cases, technical specifications, user interface a specification, release notes/screen Mockups and other specifications as required.
- Prepared technical documentations and RUP artifacts.
- Gathered Requirements and Defined Use Cases using UML and RUP and Process Mapping Methodologies.
- Translated user Requirements for Development Team to create competitive software solutions.
- Acted as a liaison between business owners, SME's and development teams.
- Worked in team environments and developed relationship with external customers and internal counterparts including Participation in JAD sessions.
- Wrote User Requirement Document (URD) for the Web based applications from information.
- Analyzed and documented the pros and cons of the project using SWOT analysis.
- Maintained book of Accounts generated financial statement reports In Excel Spreadsheets.
- Documentation for internal controls, administrative, and user training purposes.
- Performed Special ad hoc requests for new reporting requirements, changes in reporting processes, and continuous process improvements.
- Observed accounting system for domestic software companies Maintained book of accounts.
- Performed Client Demos, presentations, and training.
- Executed SQL queries against Client Database to update records.
- Created use case diagrams, activity diagrams, class diagrams, and workflow process diagrams using MS Visio
- Maintained relationships with clients as they pertain to new enhancements, GAP analysis, monthly reporting, and new expectation
Environment: Windows 2000, Quality Center, SQL Server 2000, HTML, XML, MS Visio, MS Office Suite
Confidential- Ghana 05/2003 - 07/2004
Confidential, the largest CLEC in the State of Florida, offers a full range of product and services to customers including connectivity, intelligent database, billing, etc. Confidential deployed a self-service application for the telecom industry based on the Amdocs eCare system, which fully automates self-care and allows the customers to manage their bills, accounts, and services online. The company offers Local and Long distance phone service, High-Speed internet. The project involved optimizing the Call Center Network infrastructure to give Confidential competitive advantage and improve customer relationships.
- Provisioned IVR new features and functionality for enhanced customer service.
- Working in the Telecom Expense Management (TEM) solutions platform to assist in automating the entire telecom lifecycle including contract sourcing.
- Assisted in the coordination, analysis, and follow up of the annual operational budgeting process.
- Helped develop operational expense budget for all relevant areas of the company.
- Assisted user groups in providing budgetary information or problems relating to the submission of information to the Financial Analysis and Planning Group.
- Prepared monthly invoices to Government and Commercial clients, manipulating complex spreadsheets, reconciliation of accounts, interfacing and a liaison to Project/Job Managers, Briefers, Collections, and Contract Administrators.
- Assisted in Ordering, inventory management, invoice processing/auditing and reporting/analytics.
- Identified cost outliers and took corrective measures in Budgeting with Billing Team.
- Conducted user training and acceptance testing.
- Liaised with the Business Planning Team for the Staffing and Traffic Department and participated in the review of the budget to plan staffing based on call volume forecasts monthly.
- Conduct Conference calls on Daily Operations, Co-ordination of facility during process flow testing programs
Environment: Windows 2000, Oracle, MS Office, Rational ClearQuest, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, Java, Avaya
Confidential - Ghana 02/2000 - 03/2003
The project was to integrate an automated in-house eRISK software protocol to manage their Corporate Financial Services clients. This automated system was to support decision-making and review financial services and help analyze Market Data. It involved testing of an integrated web based application called Equity Funding (EQFD) to distribute a broad range of research documents to major clients' who make the documents electronically available for their Client, portfolio managers and Foreign Exchange Department.
- Acted as a liaison between the Corporate Finance Clients and Technology department of APEX.
- Involved in Requirements Gathering and business analysis through PLC of an online portal to provide visibility to corporate customers on their Equity and investment positions, FX, integration with market data and analyzed the traders fixed income business requirements
- Conducted risk analysis and assessments for eligible loan applications involving retail banks
- Made presentations to senior management to outline our project process and phases whose end result will help them to reduce their cost significantly?
- Employed financial instruments in calculating (equities, fixed income, FX, etc.).
- Involved in trading processes (front/middle/back office, order entry, clearing & settlement, etc.).
- Liaised between the business users and technical teams to build applications based on the business requirements /managed issue tracking, prioritization and resolution.
- Involved in Quantitative modeling with proprietary computer-assisted approach to match potential fixed income selections with a client\'s portfolio characteristics to ensure the most efficient risk-return ratio while still meeting the client\'s overall strategic growth goals.
- Performed Simulation studies available through our computer modeling system to explore how a portfolio will perform in different interest-rate environments.
- Performed Analysis of equity and investment positions and Accounting Functions as directed.
- Worked on the P/L and GL ledgers to assess Accounting inventory and inputs related to project.
- Performed Data analysis on market trends and related metrics using SQL queries
- Acted as liaison for a chain of suppliers, and performed some Financial and Accounting Analyses involving Excel Spreadsheets and Pivot Tables.
- Worked with Finance and IT department to operate across functions and worked with resources external to the Project Team
Environment: Windows 2000, Oracle Server, MS Office, Rational ClearQuest, MS Visio, MS Project,SQL, Java
MSC Management Information Systems