Professional IT Business Analyst with experience in the life insurance and financial services industry. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communication skills. Highly responsible and effective at managing multiple, concurrent project efforts. Attentive to detail, disciplined with strong organizational skills. Background includes customer service, business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation. Familiar with Agile and SDF development methodologies.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA 2004-2011
SENIOR IT BUSINESS ANALYST
Provided data exchange services and customer support to distributors using industry standards to transmit data, and supported order entry platforms for annuity business submitted by distributors. Enhanced straight through processing using IRI and ACORD standards to eliminate transfer of paper between distributors and the company.
- Member of Data Exchange team, operating in a scrum framework. Worked on stories, created and groomed stories for the backlog; collaborated with scrum team and product owner on release planning and the scheduling of future sprint efforts.
- Launched Insurance Processing Services and Mutual Fund Services offered via the DTCC (Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation) for distributors including Applications/Subsequent Premium files, Position files, Networking, Commissions, Financial Activity, and Daily Mutual Fund Trades facilitating timely and accurate submission of business.
- Implemented new products and services for business partners on standard electronic order entry platforms (Annuity Net, AFFIRM for ANNUITIES) which allowed them to submit products online and transmit forms and payments electronically, making it easier to do business with Symetra.
- Supported multiple release upgrades (AFFIRM 2.1, Annuity Net AN3, IPS regular enhancements) for existing systems and order entry platforms, keeping systems up to date and current.
- Participated in industry groups and with multiple Data Exchange vendors including EBIX (Annuity Net), Aplifi (AFFIRM for Annuities), DTCC, and Confidential, maintaining positive working relationships.
- Updated forms and forms data mapping on order entry platforms using Adobe Professional 9.0 and Altova XML Spy; keeping forms up to date and compliant with state regulations. Utilized VERTEX VTXml tool to configure product profiles on annuity platforms.
- Developed new processes for a Mutual Fund product for trading using the DTCC Mutual Fund Services, instituting a new product of its kind which increased sales.
- Utilized data mapping from new source systems to the DTCC files for new products; used JETS infrastructure to configure and schedule trading partner files. Ran SQL queries for researching production support issues with the data files and distributors.
- In Sales & Marketing systems, as part of Web Access support team, headed production maintenance activities for Identity Management system and web security.
Confidential, Redmond, WA 1993-2004
IT BUSINESS ANALYST
Coordinated projects for web and desktop sales tools, Confidential online tools for insurance quotes and desktop life insurance sales illustrations.
- Gathered business requirements through a variety of techniques such as work sessions and interviews; documented specifications for web and desktop sales quote tools.
- Primary support for electronic forms and applications on Confidential so agents could obtain correct forms for sales situations and keep in compliance with changing regulations.
- Analyzed client business requirements and communicated these requirements to appropriate parties. Wrote functional requirements for system changes.
- Assisted in testing of new in house tools and vendor applications; Training and quality assurance testing for web and desktop applications.
- Worked on projects on mainframe system CK4 for variable products.
- Mentored business analyst colleagues which helped in meeting project timelines.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Insurance Agent
- Marketing Manager
- Office Manager
- Workflow and Training Coordinator
Bachelor of Arts.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Chartered Life Underwriter, CLU designation
- LOMA Courses
- Project Management forums
- Quality Assurance
- Leadership seminar
- SDF Software and Requirements Management Training
- Rally and Agile Development training
- SharePoint and Microsoft Office Applications