- Solution oriented Business Analyst with around 8 years of experience in IT industry and also worked on various domains and processes.
- Experienced in working with high level management to come up with Standards and procedures for IT (Standard Business document templates for analysis).
- Successful and progressive record of hands-on experience in managing, evaluating and defining requirements.
- Experienced in business analysis activities with the objective of new business identification, proposals, SOW\'s, Functional documents.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Experienced in documenting Business Requirements document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Experience in performing Business Process Analysis, involved in application redesigning and enhancements and Gap analysis.
- Experience in Coordinating JAD/RAD sessions for gathering requirements, data and process models, screens, and Report designs
- Proficient in developing Use Case Diagrams, Flowcharts Behavior Diagrams (sequence diagrams and activity diagrams) based on UML methodology using Rational Rose and MSVisio.
- Extensive experience in Functional Requirement Gathering and Gap Analysis in various projects at the client\'s site.
- Involved in the Implementation of Project management Office standards (project planning and Implementation).
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business process streamlining, Process optimization, Process mapping, Resource allocation, and utilization.
- Proficient in User Acceptance Test (UAT) by working with internal and external users/customers and obtained delivery approval of the project.
- Expertise in writing and implementing Test scenarios, Test cases, System testing, Regression testing and maintaining Traceability Matrices for baseline documents.
- Performed User Acceptance Test (UAT) by working with internal and external users/customers and obtained delivery approval of the project.
- Hands on Experience with Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, Rational Clear quest and MS Visio.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build professional relationships with peers and superiors, and work comfortably with both business and technical professionals.
- Business Analysis
- Test management
- Project Management Office
- Team handling and User Trainings
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computers
Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, GAP analysis, Use Case Modeling & Analysis, Use Cases
Business Modeling Tools:
MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro.
MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008.
Agile/Scrum, RUP, Waterfall.
Web application platform:
MS Sharepoint, EMC Documentum PROFESSIONAL EXPIRENCE
Client: Confidential,NYC, NY
July 2011 – June 2012
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential,free and low-cost health insurance plans to eligible adults, children, families, and seniors living in New York State. This project involved migration of their existing legacy systems in place in the various boroughs of New York to a new integrated database system that enhances the organization’s consolidated reporting capabilities. The Centralize Database was built in SQL and various reports were generated from it.
- Understood the existing environment and created Process flow diagrams for the new system.
- Interacted with the various teams such as Enrollment team, marketing team, retention team, claims processing team and understood the various reports that are supposed to be generated.
- Created Prototypes after collecting Report requirements and presented the Prototypes to the team. For example involved in creating reports like Marketing Effectiveness Report by Region, Daily Activity Report.
- Involved in testing of reports, creation of report manuals.
- Analyzed the existing reports to remove redundancy.
- Understood the existing setup and created Data-Mapping documents for Data Migration.
- Worked with data analysts to ensure that the data was properly migrated.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Scripts and was involved in integration.
- Developed SQL Queries to test the Data Integrity.
- Experience working with HIPAA transactions such as 835 remittance advice.
Environment: MS SQL Management Studio, MS SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, Microsoft Visio, MS Visual Source safe, Citrix connectivity, Business Objects Desktop Intelligence, MemberPro, FACETS. Confidential,Long Island
Aug 2010 – May 2011
Role: Business Analyst
Project: Point Of Sale System (Enhancements)
One of the world\'s top furniture retailers, Confidential,sells Scandinavian-style home furnishings and other house wares in more than 200 stores in 30-plus countries. The focus on this project was to develop and improve the existing store-level management applications that would integrate and automate in-store and back-office functions such as reporting, updating, file maintenance, inventory management, label and sign printing and continuous store level inventory control and management.
- Organizing and managing meetings between clients,conduct JAD sessions involving subject matter experts, development teams and analysts.
- Meeting with business users and definingfunctional and non functional business requirements.
- Perform anin-depth analysisof thesystem’s organizational structure, services and processes.
- Created Project management plans for PMO to manage deliverables usingMS Projectalong with writing Use Cases, BRD’s, SRD’s and HLD’s.
- Assisted Solution teams and IT architects to draft the AID’s with various documentations and diagrams.
- CreatedUse Case Diagram,Activity Diagram,State DiagramandInteraction Diagramsusing Microsoft Visio.
- CreatedUI mockups and demo’s presented to Business approval teams.
- Assisted inConfiguration Change Management and Change Request handlingby tracking and maintaining requirements in the Traceability Matrix as per the request from Business and IT counterparts.
- Led multiple presentations usingMicrosoft Power Point for business and IT
- Worked on status reporting on a daily, weekly and Fortnightly basis to keep the executive management up to date on the progress of the projects.
- Lead daily team huddle for the entire period of the project to help PMO to track the internal statuses (from IT perspective.)
- Worked actively with TSO (Test support office) teams for monitoring the test phases and activities and reported them to PMO and Exec leadership.
Environment:UML, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft PPT, Rational Tools (ReqPro)
June 2009 – July 2010
Role: Business Analyst
Project: Insurance for Property and Causality
The firm serves businesses of various sizes, from large public and private companies, to closely held family-owned businesses. Hartford helps clients streamline processes, improve performance, leverage the right technology, or increase financial success, by offering innovative, effective, and personalized services to help clients overcome their business challenges today and plan for tomorrow. Worked with Property and Casualty client – Church Mutual. Church Mutual has specialized in insurance for religious organizations. Their market also includes religious-related schools, camps, denominational offices, and senior living facilities. They insure religious institutions of all denominations. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multiple-peril, workers\' compensation, and commercial auto insurance. This project focused on Delivering Improved Services to Customers and the Organization via Effective Re-engineering (DISCOVER).
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Utilized the 80-20 rule to prioritize and incorporate the critical features. Used Time-Boxing techniques to finish within set time frames.
- Accumulated system requirements from Policy/Claims/Billing departments through surveys and interviews.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Assisted in the development, design and implementation of new relational or multi-dimensional databases, including the analysis of user needs.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Confluence.
- Involved in Performance Measurement to develop measurable indicators that can be systematically tracked to assess progress made in achieving predetermined goals.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, MS-SQL Server, MS Office Suite, MS-Project, Confluence.
Jan 2008 – Apr 2009
Role: Business Analyst
Project: Online Loan Processing System
Confidential,A Boston based company, is a Banking company which wanted to start providing loans to parties for developing new house or repair to house. Citizens Bank wanted to automate and track loan processing, which is based on web-services technology. Citizens Bank’s OLPS (online loan processor system) was developed using iterative approach (RUP).
- Inspected existing system and documents; reviewed new Charter/Business Requirement Documents
- Participated in JAD Sessions and inspected legacy system with SMEs to understand new requirements, System Features and understand the change in Business Process from the new system
- Interacted with business users & elicited requirements to further define Functional Business Requirements specific to Loan Officers, Processors & Managers
- Analyzed systems organizational structure, services and processes; Used Rational Rose for the purpose of drawing data modeling diagrams
- Made changes to existing Vision document, Use-case Specification document and SRS document using Rational Requisite Pro; Maintained version control via Rational ClearCase
- Redesigned User Interface and validations using Dreamweaver & Visio
- Performed Gap Analysis between newly interfaced objects and functions with the existing system
- Interfaced with developers to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs in the software to validate end-user requirements; Assisted QA team with Manual testing
Environment: UML, Rational Rose, RUP, Rational Requisite Pro, Oracle 9i, HTML, XML
Aug 2004 - Nov 2007
Role: IT Analyst/Business Systems Analyst.
Joined as a graduate trainee for study internship and inducted into Networking and Distributed Systems group (for supporting IT systems). I was part of the team which was monitoring the BHEL supply chain systems at various organizational levels and integrating and enhancing the existing IT systems as per changing business processes. Significant contributor to the team, engaged in analysis, design, and systems maintenance/update for complete automation and process flow to have a seamless integration of various departments.
- Developed B2C (Business to Customer) portal.
- Used adobe Photoshop, Applied software development practices of an iterative, incremental lifecycle using the Unified Modeling Language, Architecture centric, and Use-Case driven approach.
- Worked on Business Process Flows, UML modeling, Use Cases.
- Involved in Domain Analysis which includes ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ systems study.
- Major involvement in requirements elicitation, documentation and management process.
- Created Vision, Use-case specification, Software Requirement Specification (SRS), and Supplementary specification documents.
- Assisted in creating Glossary and Iteration Plan.
- Identified Functional and Non-Functional requirements, Created Process Work flows.
- Involved in developing Traceability Matrix as well as Test Cases.
- Assisted in creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Assisted in creating Project management plans for managing on time delivery using MS Project.
- Worked with CRM Tool, Salesforce in optimizing, updating and monitoring customer data.
- Was invited to deliver seminar on my personal experiences regarding the course and its application in the industry and mentored Graduate trainees who joined the group.