- Detail - oriented IT professional with over 20 years of experience as a software support specialist and quality assurance coordinator. Skilled at developing the COBOL language in retail, banking, and insurance environments. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Capable of explaining complex software issues in easy-to-understand terms.
- Experience in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, designing, coding, testing, and deployment. Outstanding technical and analytical skills with extensive knowledge of COBOL and IBM mainframe systems.
- Adept at gathering and documenting requirements, assessing business objectives, and managing all stages of software development and implementation.
- Talented communicator able to build working relationships with wide range of co-workers in team environment.
- Extremely well organized with proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong grasp of COBOL, COBOL II, Enterprise COBOL, CICS, DB2, Query Analyzer, and Easytrieve.
- Adept in software applications Changeman, RPF, TSO/ISPF/PDF, SDSF, MVS JCL, VSAM, GTAM, IMS, FTP, and IBM Utilities.
- Skilled in platforms Policy Management System/CSC and Acord/AL3.
- Problem tracking applications EasyVista, HEAT, and Netman.
- Debugging skills using Debug Tool, Xpeditor, File-Aid, and Abend-Aid.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Various Job Schedulers including TWS.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Department Lead Liaison for Data Services Group on the Easytrieve conversion project including contact with BA’s, DBA and Project Manager.
- Worked directly with the AIS Help Desk and Business Analysts in conjunction with third party agencies and vendors.
- Maintained documentation for Upload/Download reports by line of business. On-call support for various daily cycles including upload, download and third party billing.
- Performed service requests including HEAT tickets, direct bill commissions and initial loads to the agencies.
- Performed other service requests which included writing detail designs, analyzing, coding, testing and documentation.
Technologies Used: COBOL, MVS JCL, FTP, VSAM, Easytrieve, and Excel.