- Having 6+ years of experience in Mainframe based technologies and programming tools in the areas of Project Operation, System Analysis, Software Development and Production Support in legacy enterprise systems.
- Good knowledge of all the phases of the software life cycle viz. Requirement gathering, Estimation, System analysis, Design, Development, Unit Testing, implementation and production support.
- Worked extensively in COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM. Have working knowledge of CICS, PL1, SAS.
- Hands on experience in tools such TSO/ISPF, SCLM, FILE - AID, StarTool, SPUFI, QMF, ABEND-AID, XPEDITER, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Service Now, CONTROL-M.
- Experience in working on Maintenance & Support along with Development projects.
- Involved in resolving production tickets involving Abend, priority business/system issue meeting SLA timelines.
- Ability to coordinate in an onsite-offshore model guiding, mentoring, reviewing and tracking progress on deliverables, identify possible issues and offer practical solutions
- Hands on experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with End-users, SMEs, Developers, QAs and other stakeholders for project meetings, walkthroughs and customer reviews.
- Technically sound and a quick learner in emerging technologies, able to quickly assess and utilize the appropriate response to meet specific needs of the business.
- Comprehensive problem solving abilities, good analytical skills, good verbal and written Communication skills, willingness to learn, team facilitator, goal oriented, a team player.
Operating System: IBM Mainframe Z/OS.
Languages: JCL, COBOL, SQL, PL1, SAS.
Databases: DB2, VSAM.
Tools: & Utilities SCLM, FILE-AID, StarTool, SPUFI, QMF, ABEND-AID, XPEDITERRational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Service Now, CONTROL-M.
CRM Tools: Salesforce.com
Salesforce Tools: Salesforce.com, Objects, Workflows, Approvals, Formulas, Automation
Technologies: Validation Rules, Relationships, Page Layouts, Email & Templates, Roles, Profiles, Reports & Dashboards, Security and sharing rules, App ExchangeApex Data Loader, Salesforce Platform (Sandbox- Configuration type)
Domain Knowledge: Insurance (Non-Life, Property & Causality and Annuities)
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Analyst Programmer / Onsite Coordinator
- Implementation of new functionalities and enhancements as per business requirements.
- Activities include requirement analysis, system study, impact analysis, estimation, design, implementation, Unit testing, de-bugging and documentation.
- Coordinate with business users and offshore team members to mend the bridge.
- Manage/Assign tasks to offshore team members to meet the deliverables deadline.
- Responsible for development and unit testing.
- Provided production support, Involved in Daily and Month end job monitoring & abend resolution, Incident & Problem ticket resolution.
- Documentation of repetitive tasks as well as recurring Issues, to handle same in future.
Environment: JCL, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, Eazytrieve, PL1, SAS, SCLM, STAR Tool, ABEND- AIDXPEDITER, SPUFI, QMF, FILE-AID.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
Business System Analyst
- Actively involved in the requirements gathering phase for the Interfaces part of the wmA Payout Project, provide various Business users / stakeholders with thorough current state analysis of both source and target systems, discussing, understanding and finalizing the target system requirements.
- Also responsible for creating business rules repository, Data Mappings, screen design mockups, Report Mockups, High level flow diagrams.
- Leveraging the knowledge gained to facilitate thorough analysis of the requirements, identifying the changes required to the target system and breaking those down into Functional Requirement Documents defining the future stage.
- Conduct Functional Requirement Document Walkthrough sessions and Joint application discussion (JAD) session with various stakeholders.
- Acts as a liaison between client and the development team to provide the technical solutions to meet the business requirement.
Environment: JCL, COBOL, DB2, wmA (Wealth Management Accelerator), SPUFI, QMFRational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, XPEDITER, FILE-AID.