Summary of Qualifications
Driven, analytical and business savvy systems analyst with vast experience in project management, system implementations and system validations. Experienced in providing support to the operations; lead new applications implementation and assess personnel trainings. Support applications such as: VMWare, Documentum (GEDMS) administration, MS SQL, MS Reporting Services, PRISM, BPCS, JDEdwards, Hawkeye, Kronos, HP Quality Center and IBM\'s Infoprint. Detail oriented, organized, analytical skills and growth oriented. Bilingual, English and Spanish.
- Managed the SOPs@Intranet project at Schering-Plough, proposing the usage of new project reporting tools for the company. (MS Sharepoint).
- Led the Y2K initiative at Pharmacia Market Company, presenting the project at Corporate Headquarters as an example to other locations.
- Reorganized the communications infrastructure at Pharmacia Market Company obtaining savings estimated in $20,000 annually.
- Liaison among multicultural team responsible to implement BPCS at SKB and use this project as a protocol for the global implementation.
- Managed a conversion to native AS/400 (from a S/36) of a local life insurance company’s computer applications.
IT Consultant 2009 to 2010
External IT consultant for Confidential,in Puerto Rico, among them The Puerto Rico Telephone Company/Claro and MMM.
As a consultant for PRT/Claro, I was assigned to the SIF (“Solucion Integrada de Facturacion” or Integrated Billing Solution) project at Puerto Rico Telephone Company, analyzing and developing reports specifications related to the Ensemble application installed and the business processes of PRT. For this engagement, end-users and technical personnel (Amdocs personnel - application provider) were interviewed, resolving conflicts and reconciling differences between them.
Tools used included: MS SQL Management Studio, MS Visual Studio and MS Office 2007,Toad for Oracle (9.5), an Oracle database front end, used for the development of SQL scripts, Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition, MS Office. HP Quality Center, MS Project and Amdocs Ensemble, the Billing platform used at PRT.
Confidential,IT Business Systems Analyst 2003 – 2009
As an IT Business Systems Analyst for Confidential,worked as a liaison among the “business” and the technical area, providing recommendations and working on the solutions. Activities performed included:
- Led an interface application between Schering-Plough\'s ERP system, PRISM, and Loftware. Identified functional requirements and assisted with the validation of this application before going into production.
- Proposed and implemented RightFax, a server application, and Reform, an application to electronically distribute documents as PDF, as a result of a reduction in operational costs initiative.
- Implemented an interface to extract Standard Operating Procedures from corporate repository (GEDMS, Oracle database) as PDF files to be published at the site intranet, solving a business need of cutting costs and expediting the process of SOPs retrieval by functional areas by re-engineering the established retrieval process.
- Developed a Customer Survey Page Web page that captures responses from Help Desk customers into an MS-Access database with reports programmed for management to capture feedback on the contracted Help Desk.
- Supported the JDEdwards financial modules.
- Developed as ASP Web Pages a series of Inventory Reports, to provide feedback on Inventory status from the AS/400 (PRISM) to the local intranet.
Confidential,Dorado, Puerto Rico
Senior Systems Analyst 1998–2003
Confidential,formed in 2000 when multinational pharmaceutical giant Pharmacia & Upjohn, Inc., merged with drug and chemical manufacturer Monsanto Company. Pharmacia Corporation made many popular prescription and over-the-counter drugs. Among the company’s most widely used drugs were the topical treatment Cortaid, Celebrex, Dramamine, Kaopectate, Motrin, Rogaine, Nicorette, Nicotrol, Xanax and Halcion. The company name went out of existence when Pharmacia was acquired in 2003 by Pfizer Inc. While at Pharmacia, I had the opportunity of working on:
- Updated a telecommunications system, proposing, changing and reconfiguring both, the communications equipment and carrier.
- Managed the Y2K project and presented to Corporate Headquarters as an example to other locations. Supervised five resources to manage the project completion.
- Developed an application using MS Access to register the sales representatives’ visits to physicians.
- Designed and implemented a sales report (MS Access and Lotus cc mail) allowing upper management to monitor the daily sales per brand.
- Implemented a Ticket System application to gather users’ requests for service, reporting statistics, usage, IT personnel performance, resolved and unresolved issues and request history.
- As a result of the lessons learned with the Y2K project, proposed and implemented a complete DRP Revision.
Consultant for Confidential,in Puerto Rico. 1991 – 1998
While working as an external consultant, including 2 years as an employee for the local office of Ernst & Young, I had the opportunity to work for several industries, among them the pharmaceutical, the insurance and the distribution industries at Puerto Rico. Clients included SmithKline-Beecham, Brystol-Myers, Trans-Oceanic Life Insurance, Caribbean Restaurants, V & Suárez, Toyota de Puerto Rico, Olympic Mills, Sandoz Pharmaceuticals and Suiza Dairy. Among the multiple projects worked, three of the most important were:
- Adapted a BPCS’ financial systems for two major local foods distributors.
- Validated and implemented BPCS’s application at SmithKline Beecham. Assisted the project manager as a liaison among project team members while executing the software validation.
- Completed the migration of an old S/36 to an AS/400 at an insurance company. A team of 3 external resources and 5 internal resources were managed during this project.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
MBA Global Management, GPA OF 3.96
BBA Computer Information Systems