- Extensive Experience in IT industry with Expertise in Business Systems Analysis, Business Process, Forward and Reverse Engineering, Business Modeling, Requirements Engineering, Process Management, Quality Assurance, Behavioral and Data Modeling for enterprise wide applications pertaining to Healthcare/Insurance, Pharmacy, Banking/Finance & Social Networking domains.
- Rich Experience in HealthCare Domain such as HIPAA, Enrollment/Registration, Medical Billing, Claims Processing, EDI 834, 835, 837, 270, ANSI X12 conversion, ICD 9, ICD 10, CPT, PBM, HL7 Standards, HMO, PPO and Banking/Finance Domain such as Credit Card Processing, Online Banking (Account Management, Account Payable, Account Receivable, General Ledger, Bill Pay, Transfers, etc).
- Proficient in Software Methodologies such as AGILE (Scrum), RUP Iterative and Incremental Model, Waterfall, Object Oriented Analysis Design (OOAD), UML, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Application Development Life Cycle Management (ALM/ADLM).
- Experience in gathering business requirements, evaluating data sources, data analysis, data interfaces, translating requirements into specifications, SDLC, application design, technical and business writing, and STLC, Testing methodologies.
- Excellent Business writing skills in creating Business Requirements Document (BRD), User Requirements Document (URD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD) and Use Case Specifications.
- Experience in Business Requirements Elicitation/Gathering Techniques such as Interviewing, Questionnaires, Brainstorming, Focus Groups, Joint Application Discussions (JAD), Project Meetings, Reviews, Walkthroughs, Customer interviews, etc.
- Proficient in Ralph Kimball’s Methodology concepts including ETL DW, OLTP, OLAP, Dimensional Modeling, STAR, SNOWFLAKE, GALAXY, STAR FLAKE Schema, Master Data Management (MDM), Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD’s), and Surrogate keys.
- Extensive experience in Feasibility, Impact & Risk analysis to indentify the business critical & high risk areas of application.
- Expertise in mapping business processes using MS - Visio, performing “As-Is” analysis and creating “To-Be” processes using GAP Analysis Techniques.
- Extensive Experience in Business Process Modeling (architecture & behavioral models), Process Analysis using various tools such as MS-Visio for Functional Flow charts, Organizational charts, Business Process diagrams along with MS-Project for project management using charts such as Gantt charts & PERT charts.
- Proficient in RUP process, Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, etc. using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Experience in using business process models (context, data flow, IDEF0 diagrams), Entity Relationship diagrams (ER-Diagrams) as precursors to workflow development, re-engineering, functionality enhancements, migration to new technology and value-addition of existing business solutions.
- Hands-on experience in creating Wireframes/Prototypes/Mock-Ups for User Interface using I-Rise.
- Extensively worked on Requirements Management tools (Requisite Pro, CaliberRM), Version Control & Defect Tracking tools.
- Knowledgeable in Defect & Change Tracking tools such as Rational’s ClearQuest, Quality Center, eQA-Manager & Bugzilla.
- Strong understanding in QA Process Management, Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, defect Reports and developing Test Scripts, Traceability Matrices and Test Environments.
- Hands on experience with Black-Box testing techniques with expertise in Load Testing, Functional Testing, Integration/System Testing, Performance Testing and analyzing using various monitors, User Acceptance Testing, Security Testing, Cross Platform and Regression Testing.
- Strong on OOAD and RDBMS concepts. Data Analysis & SQL experience using MS SQL Server.
- Experience on DML, DDL, DCL of Transact SQL for data manipulation, data retrieval, and security.
- Familiarity in Big Data, Hadoop, HDFS Architecture, NoSQL Database, and Cloud Computing.
Operating Systems: MS Windows (2000, NT, XP, Vista, 2007), Unix (HP-UX, SCO, Solaris 2.0), Linux (Red Hat, Suse 7.x)
Methodologies: AGILE/SCRUM, SEI-CMM, CMMI, ISO 9001, RUP, RAD, SOX, SSADM, Six Sigma, ITIL
SQA Tools: e-QA Manager, Quick Test Pro, Load Runner, Win Runner, Rational ROBOT, Compuware’s QA Director, QA Run
CASE Tools: IBM Rational Requisite Pro, DOORS, Caliber RM, UML 2.0, Rational Rose 4.0, ERwin (9.0/7.0/4.0/3.5 ), BP Win, TOAD, Tibco Spot fire
Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Dev Track, PVCS, IBM Clear Case, MS-VSS
Workflow & WEB Tools: Adobe Photoshop, HTML, DHTML, MS-Visio, MS-Project, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, MS-VSS
Languages: C, C++, ASP.NET, C#.NET, XML, VBScript, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL 9.0/8.0, HTML
Databases: Oracle (12c/11g/10g/9i/ 8i/7.x), MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MS-Access, MySQL, Big Data, NoSQL
ETL DW+BI, OLAP: MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2012/2008R2/2005), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS2012/ 2008R2/2005), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS2012/2008R2/ 2005)
Web Servers: MS-IIS (5.0/4.0), BEA WebLogic, IBM’s WebSphere (4.0/3.4), TFS 2012, SharePoint 2010
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Engaged collaboratively with business representatives, the Project Manager and various IT teams to develop and document the requirements necessary to deliver the problem solution.
- Served as a liaison between the business community and the IT Organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Assisted in business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Responsible for translating high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manage changes to such specifications.
- Responsible to identifies business, operational and technical tasks, scope, time constraints and task interdependencies.
- Responsible for completing tasks related to business solution planning, business case development, documenting and managing customer requirements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Elicited and Analyzed Functional and non-Functional requirements.
- Involved closely with IT team & responsible to Create current & future process state diagrams.
- Responsible to create Requirements Document and Development of Use Cases.
- Responsible to define User Interface Requirements.
- Responsible to facilitate Requirements Review with IT Test and Development team members to Verify and Validate requirements. and Create Requirements Management Plan.
- Used SharePoint 2010 to document the business and functional requirements for project phase and recorded data in Document Library.
- Generated Analysis and Feedback Documents from JAD Sessions with project stakeholders for efficient document gathering between internal departments and these documents are stored and shared in Document Workspace site in SharePoint 2010.
- Used the task in SharePoint 2010 to coordinate and monitor required task for one or more phases from the Project Life Cycle.
- Used Report Library Sites and Costumed Calendar in SharePoint 2010 within the project life cycle to assign and monitor accountabilities of each individual and recorded status updates for each deliverables.
- Engaged closely with QA team to conduct Requirements Testability Review.
- Responsibility to create and ensure the maintenance of the Requirements Traceability Matrix, including change requests.
- Reviewed Requirements Document with key stakeholders and obtain approvals.
- Participated in Stage Gate Readiness Review meetings as required.
- Approved/Signoff SEP Deliverables per the RACI Matrix.
Environment: SDLC,UML, BRD, FRD, Gap Analysis, PBM,HIPAA, MS word, MS Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint 2010, HP Quality Center, IBM AS400, IBM 3270, Windows 7/Vista/XP
Confidential, Albuquerque, NM
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Engaged software vendors and application services providers in ICD-10 readiness discussions to identify when ICD-10 compliant applications will be available.
- Reviewed Technical analysis/assessments to verify remediation dates, file architecture from upstream/downstream applications (i.e. send 10 with 9 code or replace 9 with 10 all together). Document dependencies and identify risks
- Solicited release notes to determine business impact related to changes to workflow, reporting, interfaces, batch processes, training, and IT infrastructure.
- Coordinated with vendors, schedule/sequence applications for remediation.
- Facilitated cross-functional Technical Design and Requirements planning sessions for the purpose of reviewing Datagate Throughput and Non-Datagate Throughput interfaces and integration design requirements from assessments/spreadsheets to determine tasks, level of effort, resources, and budget/business impact for ICD-10 compliance.
- Led the process of transitioning from vendor assessments to detailed technical design requirements, specifications, and test cases.
- Captured requirements & draft Technical Design Specifications & test cases for interface development work.
- Derived requirements gathering and process flow future state design by engaging and facilitating discussions with all appropriate parties to meet project timelines.
- Involved with IT solution providers to discuss and understand IT systems/applications perspectives and options for solutions.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage various development tasks and source code modifications.
- Utilized Team Foundation Server (TFS) work items for the identification and tracking of work plan activities, project risks, issues, action items and requirements content.
- Provided work status to the project manager and assisted in monitoring estimated time to complete and actual for assigned tasks using Team Foundation Server (TFS) reporting services capabilities.
- Responsible for taking ownership for following up on issues, action items, and documenting the meetings and sessions.
- Attended Cross-functional meetings and Bug review meetings as needed.
- Responsible for test design, traceability, preparing cases, testing, reporting and documentation.
- Responsible for creating Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Responsible to work with Cross-functional teams in understanding the quality needs and making sure the products are tested thoroughly and released with highest quality possible.
Environment: SDLC, STLC, JAD, UML, BRD, FRD, Gap Analysis, HIPAA, HL 7, ICD 9/10, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, TFS 2012, SharePoint 2010, Windows 7/Vista/XP.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Adopted AGILE Methodology for project execution. Assisted Scrum master in sprint planning, created product backlog and participated in SCRUM Meetings.
- Researched and developed Work Plan Document, detailing the requirements to achieve HIPAA Norm’s to ensure security and privacy to patient’s information and restrict unauthorized users and strict adherence to HIPAA EDI Standards such as (834/835/837/276/277/278 ).
- Facilitated JAD sessions, conducted interviews, Q&A sessions with product owners and tech team to Identify modules for the Electronic Health System.
- Performed Risk a Assessments, audit plan and program development, design and conducted internal audits, prepared planning and reports, engagement and ensure that products meet work plan.
- Engaged closely with SCRUM Master and co-coordinators to bring information to next sprint cycle such as risks and requirement dependencies.
- Gathered requirements for modules Enrollment/Registration (Patient Demographics, Medical History, Insurance Information, etc.) and Medical Billing (Demographic entry, CPT/ICD-9 coding, Charge entry, Claims submission, Post payment, etc.). Documented using Product Backlog.
- Assisted SCRUM Master in preparing Burn Down Charts which was applied to project containing tasks with estimated time. Also, helped scrum master in tracking the tasks and resources and prioritizing the work along critical path.
- Responsible for planning Daily Scrum Meetings and actively participated and assisted scrum master in identifying sprint backlogs and prioritizing requirements for Enrollment/Registration and Medical Billing Process.
- Performed Gap analysis on existing EMR products and documented the enhancements to meet the end state requirements for Patients personal information, medical history and insurance information modules.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Activity diagrams for capturing/recording patient’s personal information, medical history, insurance information, charge entry, claims submission, etc. using MS Visio to communicate with technical and non technical individuals.
- Involved in creating Sequence Diagrams for Billing Process and 1500 HCFA Claims Form using MS Visio.
- Created Wireframes for enrollment process such as Patient Enrollment Pages and Claims Form Page using iRise tool.
- Interacted with the developers in resolving the reported bugs and uploaded in e-QA manager.
- Involved in generating and execution of SQL Queries to retrieve patient’s demographic details, visit information, provider details, CPT and ICD codes associated with them.
- Engaged Closely with QA manager for writing the Test plan and Test cases for the Claims configuration and testing the functionality of the HIPAA 837 (Professional/Institutional) Transactions.
- Facilitated User Acceptance testing (UAT) with the business users and scrum master. Defects discovered were uploaded to e-QA Manager.
- Followed Agile methodology. Assisted project manager in planning sprint cycles, facilitating scrum meetings and defining Scope of Work document.
- Facilitated and actively participated in Change Control Meetings recommending appropriate action after analysis of changing request.
- Involved in creating questionnaires for business users to identify the features for the different modules such as Registration, Appointment Scheduling, Appointments Management, etc.
- Performed Gap Analysis on various E-Appointments software to understand detailed attributes for Doctor and Patient Registration. Documented all the requirements in Product Backlog.
- Analyzed all the requirements such as practice information, specialty, hospital affiliation, business hours, confirm appointment, cancel appointment, reschedule appointment, etc. using Use Cases and Activity diagrams.
- Created Business Flow Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams for Appointment scheduling process and Managing appointments using Ms Visio.
- Created Logical Models showing the relation between patient and doctor module using ER Win tool.
- Created Wireframes for patient’s appointment page and sorting doctors by city, hospital, insurance and specialty using iRise tool.
- Coordinated in an IT environment and worked closely with IT team to coordinate efforts to build out web services.
- Executed SQL Queries for sorting doctor’s by hospitals, specialty, location, etc. Assisted the Developers in reconciling the databases as and when required.
- Implemented Software Quality Assurance development policies, Assisted QA Manager in developing Test procedures and Testing methodologies
- Tracked and maintained user requested enhancements and changes using HP Quality center and participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for system approval
- Gave Presentations periodically to the management and end users during various phases of Project Life Cycle and also trained end users.
Environment: Agile Methodology, SDLC, SQLC, UML, Tibco Spot fire, SQL, HP Quality Center, UAT, ER win, iRise, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, Windows 7/Vista/XP.
- Engaged with the claims department, IT staff, and subject matter experts to gather, analyze and document system requirements and procedural changes.
- Followed RUP methodology with emphasis on Inception and Elaboration phases to identify and document requirements and Use Case diagrams for Patient Insurance Information, Invoice Generation and EOB.
- Involved in creating specifications for EDI HL7 (A28, A31, ADT) and X12 (837/835) transactions that were transmitted between Claims Editor and Legacy Billing application and external Payers.
- Participated in JAD Sessions to record requirements and assisted Facilitator in developing Scope of Work document and identifying high priority requirements for Claims Acceptance/Rejection criteria.
- Researched on Claims Processing, HMO and PPO to understand the payer aspects of Health Industry.
- Created Business process flows and Activity diagrams for Payment Remittance, EOB and Invoice generation using Rational Rose.
- Created Wireframes for the complete patient’s insurance claims Form module using Rose.
- Wrote SQL queries for extracting data such as patient’s demographics and insurance information.
- Involved closely with QA manager in developing Test plan, Test conditions, Test scenarios and Test cases. to be used in testing & Performed UAT to make sure system works as desired. Errors discovered were fixed and verified using HP Quality Center.
Environment: RUP Methodology, SDLC, STLC, JAD, UML, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, SQL, HP Quality Center, MS Visio/Word, Windows 7/Vista/XP.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Expert (SME’s), Project Manager, Developers, and the end-users in multiple Brainstorming sessions to identify unique requirements for a new Confidential .
- Performed Gap analysis on various existing products to understand new features to be incorporated in Confidential such for balance transfers, cash advance, mobile banking, online banking, security and rewards modules.
- Identified new functionality in terms of competitive APR, introductory offers, rewards points, etc. and documented using Rational Requisite pro.
- Created Activity diagram for the student Registration process using Rational Rose.
- Performed Gap analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new requirements.
- Coordinated with the management for setting up the Test Environment and User Acceptance testing.
Environment: SDLC, STLC, Iterative methodology, Gap Analysis, BRD, UML, Rational Requisite pro, Rational Rose, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows 7/Vista/XP.
- Performed Gap analysis to have clear understanding of the existing business processes and associated system workflow for online banking.
- Participated in multiple Brainstorming Sessions along with Senior BA’S and development team for gathering and analyzing the user requirements for Checking/Savings Account, Bill Pay and Transfer Funds modules.
- Created Use case and Activity diagrams to show user interaction with various features of the application using MS Visio.
- Helped Senior BA to document requirements for transfer funds, schedule payments, pay bills, and check transaction details functionality using Functional Requirement Document (FRS).
Environment: SDLC, Unified Modeling Language, Gap Analysis, BRD, FRS, MS Word, MS Visio, Windows XP/ Vista.