20+ years mainframe COBOL Programmer/Analyst with broad Information Technology experience in the insurance and financial services. Analysis, development, installation, and modification of various business applications and environments. Expertise includes COBOL, EZTRIEVE, JCL, PROCS, TSO/ISPF, CICS, VSAM, SYNC SORT, and FTP.
COBOL (Batch and CICS), EZTrieve, JCL, DB2, SQL, TSO/ISPF, Endeavor, File - Aid, SPUFI, SAVRS, VSAM, FTP, DB Visualizer, Abend-Aid, Java development training. Experience in the Agile development environment.
- Payroll, Benefits, Human Resources, Retirement, W2/1099/5498 Tax Reporting, Accounting, Mutual Funds, Property Casualty, Agent Compensation
- Consulted with business partners, gathered business requirements, and determined technical solutions.
- Played pivotal role in analyzing, developing, unit test, maintaining, and documenting new and existing applications.
- Developed, wrote, and reviewed results from test scripts before solution deployment.
- Communicated proactively in writing and in person with all levels of business partners (internal and external) regarding project status.
- Trained/mentored less experienced developers.