- Solutions - oriented IT Business Consultant with demonstrated success in the analysis, implementation, and management of technology systems aimed at streamlining core business operations, with specialized expertise in Business Intelligence solutions and data systems
- Influential planning and analysis talents, with a keen awareness of impact of database-driven technologies on industry direction and corporate growth
- Adept at promptly and thoroughly mastering new technologies and industry methodologies, with deep proficiency with Confidential, Tableau, Oracle, and SQL solutions
- Fifteen years of comprehensive Confidential experience to include all versions from Confidential 3.5 to Confidential 10.2.1
- Expertise managing all stages of software development, systems implementation, and integration initiatives, from requirements definition and needs gathering to overseeing system analysis, development, implementation, and support
- Solid understanding of numerous business and development arenas, enabling direct and precise coordinatio n with multidisciplinary departments as well as executive management
- An astute and critical mind for planning and development; able to conceive, design, plan, and design stable, scalable, and secure data-driven solutions
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Business Intelligence / Data Management
- Business / Technology Strategic Alignment
- Project Management / Agile Scrum
- Systems Implementation
- Database Design and Development
- Automation Solutions
Platforms: Windows Server 2008, Mac OSX, some UNIX
Tools: SQL Server/SSIS, Oracle/Toad, Confidential Metric Studio/Designer, Transformer/OLAP, Framework Manager, Configuration Manager, Confidential Planning/Contributor, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Manager, Virtual View Manager, Tableau, Deltek Costpoint, Oracle Financials, Sales Force, Varicent, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, IIS.
Confidential, Leesburg, VA
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Developing rapid-prototype or proof-of-concept reporting solutions and demonstrating those solutions to customers; familiarity with all capabilities of the IBM Confidential product suite.
- Support of the full report development life cycle, including
- Working with internal stakeholders to gather and document business analytics requirements including: data, layout, and delivery requirements.
- Creating data modeling solutions to support business analytics requirements.
- Building dashboard-style reports combining list, cross-tabular, and chart displays to give executives an “at-a-glance” look at the results of the company.
- Documenting the design of reports and tracing the design solution to the initial requirement.
- Building and maintaining Confidential Metrics Models and Metrics Reports
- Installing/configuring IBM Confidential products; using Confidential Configuration and Confidential Administration to set up a fully functional instance of the Confidential BI platform
- Administering Confidential Content using Confidential Administration including applying enterprise security to Confidential Content by utilizing the enterprise au thentication provider (Active Directory)
- Troubleshoot report development issues by querying the report source data directly using Enterprise database tools.
- Facilitate Technical exchanges between IT groups to ensure delivery of high quality work products.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Design and development of a Best in Class decision support system used by the Business Services business unit for key metrics reporting, planning and forecasting and pervasive analysis.
- Creating & carrying out design/development strategies around visual, guided and right-sized analytics that the entire organization can utilize, using current and emerging technologies like Confidential, TM1 and Tableau. Works closely with others within and beyond the business unit in order to empower/train others while continuing to strengthen the analytic framework.
- Design and develop solutions to provide key metric analysis tools to user community using Tableau, Tableau Server, TM1 & Confidential reporting.
- Work with data infrastructure team to refine and improve source data.
- Work within Netezza & Oracle database environments to consolidate and shape data for analysis.
- Work directly with financial analysts and various other departments to educate, train and empower others to grow their analytical skill set and to communicate key findings/metrics.
- Support existing end-user tools and reporting metrics.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Contracted to upgrade Production and Development Confidential Planning models, Metric Studio Scorecards and Framework Manager Packages with BI reports, Composite Server from 8.3 to 8.4.1. Designed and implemented the appropriate infrastructure to support the enterprise.
- Installed and configured Confidential components on Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit operating system with Virtual Machines for the Client tools.
- Contracted to develop a pilot scorecard application using Metric Studio and Metric Designer.
- Gathered KPI requirements, gave demonstrations on scorecard capabilities such as the use of Strategies, Metric types, Scores, Qualifiers, Projects, Actions.
- Designed and developed website solution for security firm which included functionality for online Marketing and HR recruiting.
- Recruited to manage and document the selection process of a new ERP system at Confidential .
- Developed a Digital Dashboard for unstructured data analysis using Clarabridge data mining applications.
- Harvested data from various newsgroups, blogs and call center data to store in an Oracle 10g database.
- Created classification and semantic extraction SQL scripts along with various troubleshooting ETL scripts for data import into the reporting and analysis schema used for Confidential 8 Framework Manager.
- Created and published Confidential Packages, dashboards and reports in Framework Manager, Analysis Studio and Report Studio demonstrating online market sentiment, keyword count and chatting frequency with drill down and drill through capabilities.
- Confidential lead for data migration project from Confidential 7 to Confidential 8 at Confidential .
- Created VDD’s for the remote relocation and replication of the existing series 6 and 7 mixed operating system (UNIX, Windows) multi-tier environment. Installation and configuration Instructions included for Transformer, Access Manager, Impromptu Web Reports, Upfront, and Report Net.
Confidential, Springfield, VA
Senior BI Consultant
- Served as the key resource in the selection services and development of sophisticated, Web-based business intelligence (BI) applications such as Corporate Radar, Business Objects, MicroStrategy and Confidential .
- Coordinated full project life cycle, from needs assessment and proof-of-concept, to principle development and testing, through implementation and end-user .
- Recommended Best Practices for Materialized Views to improve performance and integrated security.
- Orchestrated national-level rollouts, including vendor coordination and end-user support.
- Provided technical issue resolution throughout implementation for key deliverables, interfacing with multiple clients to ensure highest levels of satisfaction.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Senior Business Application Developer
- Drove the development, implementation, and management of a company-wide reporting system.
- Collaborated extensively with the Oracle development team and finance department to analyze needs, define requirements, and design architecture for Oracle Financials and Confidential system.
- Conducted comprehensive analysis of data relationships, defined performance metrics, and advocated SQL performance tuning to increase information flow.
- Prepared and delivered thorough individual and classroom-based technical to users at all proficiency levels.
- Worked with Confidential versions 6 to 7.
- Selected, implemented and managed Confidential CRM system.
- Established Integration with Contracts, Business Development and Deltek Costpoint Financial systems.
- Designed presentation and reporting roll up for all division VPs. designed to streamline and optimize sales pipeline.
- Spearheaded, hardware/server configuration, and software installation, with special emphasis on ensuring organization-wide usage and data consistency.
- Consulted between departments and organizational levels to ensure full functionality of all reporting and data-entry features.
- Spearheaded implementation of fully integrated security solution, establishing Confidential and LDAP for Web-based delivery of secure data.
- Achieved significant cost reduction through automation of numerous reporting functions, as well as increase in reporting accuracy.
- Personally designed, developed, and implemented Confidential reporting solution across all business arenas.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Facilitated classroom-based instruction on all product offerings to Confidential 1000 clients throughout US and Canada.
- Provided in PowerPlay, Confidential Query, Visualizer, and additional OLAP data mining solutions.
- Worked with Confidential versions 3.5, 5 and 6.
- Consistently received unsolicited positive feedback rating from key customers.
- Performed design, development, configuration, administration, and support of a database management system, fully integrating all small business operations including ordering, shipping, invoicing, banking, and inventory procedures.