- Over (15) fifteen years of experience as an innovative creative Sr. IT Business Analyst/Developer with IT/Business strengths in Project Management (planning, creating charters, stakeholder management, defining/keeping projects in scope and tracking/monitoring activities), ERP (Oracle ERP/ETL/Oracle OWB/Data Warehousing), Web Development (MS SharePoint 2007/201, Joomla/PHP, CSS/HTML 4/5), Database Development (MS Access, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Oracle, VBA, SQL), Document/Report Writing (RFP/RFQs, Budgets, Job Aid/Manuals), B2B/B2C Requirements Gathering
- Use Case - Process Flow, Flowcharting, Axure, Mindjet) User Acceptance Testing, Large Scale (over 3000 users), and Meeting/Presentation Skills (WebEx, PowerPoint).
- Served as SME with extensive experience studying new system capabilities/requirements, translating business needs and implementing technological solutions, new systems, products, and services on budget in a cost effective way.
- And, through determining the requirements/capacity/limitations/risk of a project or program formulate scope and objectives of the project, clearly communicating them to all stakeholders, technical teams and business leaders, and monitoring and controlling change and issue management through completion of deliverables.
- Served as Administrator of MS SharePoint 2010/2007.
- Developed Portal and Intranet Sites and accompanying pages for over 25 divisions, implemented Document Management system responsible for storing and sharing inventory of historical drawings, libraries, lists, constructing workflows, records, contracts, programs, projects, policies and procedures, Identity/Access Management Search Consolidation System incorporating Active Directory, LDAP, CRD, and integration of software and other web services/data sources.
- Created new and enhanced relational database systems (over 27 major database systems) using Oracle, SQL Server SSIS (ETL/Report Builder), Visual Studio, MS Access, SQL/Plus PL/SQL, and VBA.
- Extracted data from ODBC connected and linked external database tables/queries, imported Excel/CSV/Text files, developed easy user-friendly navigable menus and forms, and created a host of comprehensive reports/charts/graphs and dashboards based upon careful analysis of initial user needs and requirements.
- Created and maintained an -winning innovative MS Access database that was also featured in a WDIV TV news documentary that scanned Barcoded State of Michigan license data, converted/filtered and imported Excel .csv files, and various other formats into the application.
- Application captured over 600,000 entries, involved extensive customized VB code, purging, re-ordering, editing and formatting of data.
SYSTEMS & SOFTWARE:
MS Office Pro /Project Management: MS Project/5 PM/Basecamp/Zoho Diagramming - MS Visio/Smartdraw/Edraw/MS Access/VBA/SQL
MS SharePoint Enterprise Class Web Applications: Portal/Document Management/MS Visual Studio 2010/SharePoint Designer/MS .Net 3.5 - 4.0 HTML5/HTML4/CSS
Application/Systems: Development/Unix(Solaris)/MS Windows Server/Ubuntu Linux/SQL- Oracle/MS/SQL Server/SSIS Visual Studio (ETL)/PL SQL/Business Objects/Crystal Reports
Directory Server and Web Services: Technology/LDAP/Active Directory/Identity/Access Management/Google Search Appliance/SVD search tools and Queries/Open Source Tools/Testing/Debugging
Internet: Security SAML, Single Sign-On, Encryption, SSL, and WS-Security
Storage: hypervisor/virtualization/VMWare/HP/Cloud Computing
Graphics/Adobe CS3: CS5/Photoshop/Dreamweaver/Fireworks/Flash/Adobe
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed and maintained excellent communication and relationships with administration, managers, business analysts, technicians, and other users and stakeholders to define and develop solutions for a variety of unique high-level business needs and requirements.
- Followed SDLC methodologies to develop and maintain over 7 major MS Access 2007 systems using MS Access VBA, Macros, Menus\Interfaces design, exporting and importing of data from linked ODBC connected Oracle tables/SQL queries, Excel CSV files text files, user friendly robust form designs, efficient reader friendly designed informational reports.
- Developed new and unique SQL queries to external databases and files to import, extract, validate, and track data in tables, forms, and reports.
- Excellent Report designing skills in the creation of tabular, columnar, bar graphs, pie charts, and other reports utilizing MS Graph, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Dundas, and other third party reporting and web browser-based dashboarding software.
- Created fully documented Job Aid User Manuals for the and Billing department using MS Word with descriptive table of contents, data flow diagrams, and hierarchal charts, programming flowcharts, figure illustrations, etc.
- Utilized a variety of systems including - FACETS, Market Prominence, Business Object XI 3.1 for analysis, comparison, etc. of data.
- Coordinated and communicated project details using MS Outlook email, JAD and group meetings to keep all managers, analysts, technicians, and all project stakeholders informed of project progress, scope changes, updates, prototype reviews, meetings, launch dates, unit/user acceptance testing, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office suite including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel as well as the use of Visio for designing, diagramming, and mapping of systems.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Administrator
- Utilized Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies and software tools covering initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closing of projects over the 10 knowledge areas of Project Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management.
- Reengineered numerous business processes for continued process improvement ensuring initiatives are aligned with the changing business priorities and stakeholder project alternatives and solutions
- Interfaced with clients/customers on implementation specifications of high-level ERP Systems (Oracle ERP) and Data Warehousing (Oracle ETL/Oracle OWB), integration of emerging technologies, related business requirements, and detailed functional specifications covering Information Technology, Human Resources, and Finance modules.
- Served 6 years as Administrator/Developer/Trainer of MS SharePoint 2010/2007 Intranet Portal/Document Management system responsible for storing and sharing inventory of current and historical drawings, libraries, lists, workflows, records, contracts, programs, projects, policies and procedures, Identity/Access Management Search Consolidation System incorporating Active Directory, LDAP, CRD, and integration of software and other web services/data sources.
- Gathered requirements from project teams, designed, and constructed prototypes on a number of special web development initiatives involving Joomla/PHP Open Source CRM with integration of current web services/data sources.
- Utilized Data Modeling tools MS Visio and Erwin to develop ERDs, data models and data flow diagrams, flow charts, and hierarchical organization and work tasks charts.
- Built over 30 major relational database systems for departments and organizations and have successfully mentored and trained several staff in the use of MS Access, MS SQL Server (Visual Studio/ETL), VBA, Macros, and the exporting and importing of data (especially from Excel CSV files as well as a variety of other databases and flat files).
- Conceptualized, budgeted, and managed MS Access 600,000 voters mobile database Voter Information Personnel System (WDIV News Video Demonstration - WDIV 10/2005).
- Highly experienced with MS Access SQL, PL\SQL, and transact SQL as well as using Crystal Reports, Business Objects and Oracle BI reporting tools.
- Skilled at using MS Office to regularly create Databases, Spreadsheets, User Manuals, Reports, and daily correspondence (letters, memos, notifications, etc.), Impactful Presentations, Comprehensive Diagrams (Data Flow, Flowcharts, etc.), and daily Email correspondence.
- Managed budgets and contracts associated with all system development, resource allocation, and vendor/customer relationships with proven deliverables.
- (12) twelve years of experience as a technical writer of high level reports, technical manuals, email/online correspondence, website editing.
- Facilitated and monitored JAD sessions, Strategic Action Team meetings, and ad hoc meetings to bring together business users, Information Technology Staff, and Stakeholders to draw up plans for major enterprise initiatives and business-to-IT application development projects and systems.
- Executed projects and project plans and monitored Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Performed, setup, and monitored User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and reported critical path activities for best most time and cost effective way to benefit organization.
Adult Instructor/IT Consultant
- Instructed over 1000 students Adult Basic Students over the course of 7 years
- Implemented Math Tutorial, Manuals, and Testing tools for Michigan al Assessment Program
- Ability to use positive, effective approaches in identifying, investigating and resolving student issues and performance problems
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of students and staff