- Project Lead / Senior IT Analyst supporting Business/Systems/Process analysis, capable of handling multiple projects effectively, supporting data - intensive web applications and Business Intelligence reporting frameworks.
- Nineteen years of professional IT experience with focus on optimization/consolidation/integration of enterprise systems, complex data analysis, process modeling, systems analysis, and authoring all SDLC artifacts.
- Real time experience in managing a team of 20+, on a large IT support contract with the federal government, reporting to the office of the CIO, and senior management on a weekly basis.
Modeling/Frameworks: UML, BPMN, TOGAF, Zachman Framework, MSF, RUP, Agile (Scrum)
Programming Languages: XML, Java, .NET, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Pascal, COBOL
Databases: Oracle, SQL-Server, Teradata, IBM-DB2, MySQL, MS-Access, Rdb/VMS (DEC)
Tools: Remedy, Microsoft CRM, Essbase, SAS, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, ClearCase, ClearQuest, System Architect, Enterprise Architect, TOAD, SQL Server Mgt Studio, ERwin, Project, Visio, SharePoint, Requisite Pro, Requirements Composer (Jazz), Team Foundation Server (TFS), Case Complete, JIRA, Tableau, Percussion (Rhythmyx), Documentum Web Publisher, Compliance Sheriff (WCAG).
Lead Business Analyst & Deputy Project Manager
- Managed the MARAD IT task order with a team of 20+, coordinating project status, tracking, reporting, etc.
- Key contributor in MARAD’s OCIO for program review, status and planning of fiscal year work.
- Managed Analyst/Test/Development/Infrastructure/Customer-Support teams for MARAD O&M task order supporting 20+ applications in .NET and Java platforms, SharePoint 2010, WCMS, Intranet and Extranet environments.
- Assigned tasks, estimated costs, provided daily/weekly status to MARAD COTR, reviewed SDLC artifacts before delivery to client, and ensured MARAD SDLC process is followed to meet the audit/compliance needs.
- Hands on documentation of Business Process, Business Needs Statements, System Requirements Specifications, Use-Cases, Process Flows, Context Diagrams, Use-Case Diagrams, and supporting UML Diagrams.
- Led multiple systems’ initiatives comprising of technology upgrades, migrations, legacy conversions, and application enhancements leading to successful implementation of the final products and/or services.
- Managed customer / system-owner expectations, lead systems’ requirements, provided ETA, LOE and liaised between MARAD COTR, Program Office SME’s & system owners, on-site and off-site teams as the primary POC.
Principal Business Analyst
- Led analyst team in OTS-OCC consolidation efforts for reporting frameworks, performed complex gap analysis in integrating data centric systems with dependencies on multiple external data feeds.
- Acted as business POC for third party vendor’s Data Warehouse group, supporting ad-hoc reporting needs utilizing SAP BusinessObjects XI, and queried database tables using SQL in MS SQL Server for data validation/review.
- Authored several project artifacts for requirements, traceability, report specifications; managed change control process by driving CCB, managing production tickets from submission thru issue resolution and close-out.
- Managed agile (scrum) model requirements for all OCC websites published and maintained in Percussion (Rhythmyx) WCMS platform, utilizing Rational Team Concert & Jazz Composer.
- Managed production issue tickets in Remedy, creating, assigning, tracking, resolving and closing the ticket, keeping track of Remedy tickets from ticket generation thru resolution and closing, and reporting weekly metrics.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Led Confidential Agency analyst team for systems requirements and managed the delivery of Business Case, Vision & Scope, and SRS artifacts including Use-Case modeling, Context, Activity, Data Flow diagrams, etc.
- Performed detailed assessment of current (‘as-is’) and future (‘to-be’) business processes, identified process gaps, redundant/duplicate patch-work systems that consumed manual intensive resources.
Lead Business Analyst
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Led a team of analysts in successful delivery of SDLC tasks for Confidential Workforce Management Toolset (WMT) program consisting of multiple systems’ development, with specific focus on Confidential ’s Payroll/Time-Keeping/ applications interfacing with enterprise Finance and HR applications.
- Led tasks for review and evaluation of business requirements developed by third party vendors for decisions that lead to issuing of Request for Information (RFI) to COTS products suppliers.
Lead Business Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Led requirements tasks for development of Pega Business Rules Engine in Confidential Claims Centralization project.
- Provided solutions expertise to customer utilizing RUP and other industry standard processes, using formalized requirements development with JAD sessions, and recommendations to management.
Sr. Technical Business Analyst
Confidential, Herndon VA
- Researched, analyzed and documented systems specifications for implementation of customized Microsoft CRM, and requirements for PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 8.9 upgrade; utilized Rational Software Architect for modeling.
- Authored specifications needed for proper implementation of system controls, including role-based security and audit traceability throughout the system for Sarbanes Oxley Compliance.
- Researched business processes, analyzed current state (‘as-is’) and future state (‘to-be’), performed gap analysis, and cost-benefit analysis to determine the feasibility of developing new systems in Non-Performing Loans division.
- Utilized BusinessObjects BI tool for extensive retrieval of financial reports; assisted DEV team with creation of customized ad-hoc reporting needs, and coordinated with Data Warehouse group for issues with data mapping.
- Led requirements activities/tasks for Portfolio Walk-forward financial reporting using BusinessObjects BI tool, created data mapping and assisted in transformation rules for proprietary financial reporting systems.
- Facilitated communication and of system changes to impacted parties. Assisted project team with documentation and completeness to meet the needs of SOX compliance.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Supported as a key member of Corporate Data Warehouse team, which enables decision support systems in creation of strategic data for a competitive advantage in mail-order pharmacy business.
- Created/updated complex SQL queries to fetch data from Oracle database in creation of stored procedures; worked with DBA’s for moving changes to Production environment.
- Performed Oracle database functions such as table creation, table space allocation, creation of indexes, data import and export; created complex SQL queries utilizing Data Definition (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Involved in COBOL programming at a level of complexity to develop analytical reports from financial databases; modified programs for quarterly enhancements and maintenance of Thrift financial reporting systems.
- Performed Object Oriented Design and development using object oriented languages C++ and Java; involved in unit testing of software components, and system integration testing.