- Over 6 years of experience in business analysis, requirements gathering in financial and transportation industry.
- Practical understanding of rational unified process (RUP), software development life cycle (SDLC), waterfall, iterative, joint application development (JAD), rapid application development (RAD) and agile methodologies.
- Experience in generating business requirements, use cases and UML diagrams with emphasis on use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams and collaboration diagrams for a variety of application functionality designs.
- Experience in requirement gathering for database projects, preparing Physical Data Models and Test Plan Specifications for Enterprise Data Warehousing.
- Experience in networking with individuals at various levels.
- Involved in documenting test cases, scripts and resolving User Acceptance Testing (UAT) concerns by coordinating with QA team.
- Involved in project requirements, estimating schedules, maintaining project documentation and managing workloads.
- Trained and applied Six Sigma and Lean for process improvement and efficiency.
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP, General Ledger Accounting, Account Reconciliations
- Accomplished several projects successfully working in a team as well as individually.
- Enterprising and self - motivated personality with excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows95/98/00/XP and NT, SQL,PL/SQL,C,C++, VB
Rational Tools: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case.
Project Management Tools/Methodology: MS Project, MS Visio, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Unified Modeling language(UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Testing Tools: Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner
Other Tools: MS Office suite, SharePoint2.0, Team forge, Oracle, Access, Sequel server, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Teradata
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Gathered requirements for the proposed site to be developed with SME’s, Security Operations Manager and Security IT team and with SDRA (Security Research & Data Analytics ) Agents
- Prepared High Level Design (HLD) doc, Confidential Operating Procedures (SOP) And Approvals for the same.
- Documented Project Initiation Doc and presented to entire team
- Proposed various initiatives and key features for the concerned Project.
- Created Branding of module and involved in Legal Approval process.
- Developed module for entire security team on SIMS applications by creating Printable Job Aid’s, Web Ex’s, FAQ’s and Quick Tip Sheets.
- Prepared User Guides, lesson Plans covered under different categories
- Creating a new site in SharePoint, Document Library and lists, Surveys, wiki, calendars, tasks, announcements and managing permissions etc
- Migrating content from dept server (SDRA01WSS01) to corporate server.
- Integration of all 3 departments in Security--Security, Investigative Techniques, T3 (Train The Trainer)modules on the new site
- Launched new Security site with 3 sub sites seamlessly, Presented a walkthrough to the entire security ream and EMEA (Europe Middle Eastern and Africa).
- Assisted in migration for Archer 4.5 to 5.X
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Business Applications Analyst
- Gathered requirements by conducting interviews with user groups, OPCO companies (FSC) (CMDM), EDW end users, DBA’s, JAD and Go/No Go meetings.
- Coordinating with DBA group, Development Group, Source systems IT group, EDW infrastructure group and seamlessly bringing the project to completion.
- Prepared Systems Requirement document (Functional, Non-functional), Detailed Test Plan Specifications, Physical Data Model.
- Prepared Mapping and Sizing documents, data base analysis, Traceability Matrix etc.
- Prepared Service Level Agreement and adhering to Confidential compliance standards for all documentation.
- Designed Business High Level Workflows, HLD.
- Coordinating and processing in regard to space allocation in EDW for CMDM team and EDW Infrastructure group.
- Data Acquisition process (ETL) thoroughly documented and represented.
- Used MS Word for requirement gathering and documentation, MS Excel for Mapping and Sizing Documents, MS PowerPoint for Business High Level Workflows etc.,
- Conducted Integration Testing and Monitored User Acceptance Testing and preparing test cases and Post Load Checkout Procedures after moving into Production.
- Created adhoc reports, analyzed data, developed business cases, defect documents etc.
- Querying and analyzing data in Terra data using SQL.
- Thoroughly documented all existing applications.
- Prepared process automation documentation and loaded to production.
- Successfully and seamlessly loaded all assigned projects to production and monitored production support.
Environment: Windows MS Office and Windows XP, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel, Teradata, SQL, AbInitio, Team forge,.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Prepared Business Requirements Document for the project.
- Designed Product Use Cases and UML models using RUP.
- Data flow between OPTIX and ICOMS represented and documented.
- Prepared Non Functional Requirements (NFR), database analysis report, Traceability Matrix etc.
- Developed detailed Workflow Analysis for areas not automated.
- Used MS Word for requirement gathering and documentation.
- Thoroughly documented all existing applications to be replaced.
- Created adhoc reports (via SQL, Access, and Excel), analyzed data and developed business cases, data models.
- Involved in new processes, offered graphical and text based requirements.
- Responsible for weekly status update reports.
Environment: Windows MS Office and Windows 2000, MS Word and MS Excel, UML, MS Visio.
Confidential, San Antonio
- Involved in Requirements Gathering from user groups and analyzed workflows and UI screen dynamics.
- Customized the RUP framework and implemented it in the project.
- Assisted in creating Statement of Work (SOW) document for various capabilities in the initial requirements gathering phase.
- Experience to create, edit, and view requirements; trace Business Acceptance Criteria (BAC) to the User Stories and generate reports.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using RUP.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use case Scenarios
- Created Use Cases based on the Business Needs and Features (BNF’s) provided by the business team.
- Experience to centrally store, manage and access business artifacts across all platforms.
- Designed Activity and Sequence Diagrams in UML .
- Organized Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, walkthroughs and interviews.
- Prepared presentations in MS Power Point, which was used in JAD sessions and to tract progress.
- Worked with the UI Proto types in creating mock up screens and validated if the requirements are in sync with the prototypes created.
- Assisted in all project documentations.
Environment: UML, Oracle, SQL, MS Visio, MS Office and Windows 2000, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro.
- Researched and assessed client systems and business processes.
- Explored all aspects of the claim processing lifecycle, starting from identifying a claim to its closure.
- Used MS Word document for requirement gathering.
- Worked intensively on various phases in the project lifecycle to design the system in such a way that the high risk claims could be easily identified and monitored.
- Involved in walkthroughs with business team, architects and developers to refine the requirements.
- Generated use-case diagrams using UML.
- Streamlined clerical work processes and mapped to the automated system
- Involved with the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Team to develop Test plans.
Environment: MS Visio, UML, Oracle, SQL, MS Office and Windows 2000, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, MS SharePoint 2.0.
- Generating reports from Hyperion and performing financial analysis according to the client’s request.
- Data analysis for a specific period and reporting to the manager.
- Performance analysis for each quarter and reporting it in a specified format to the AVP.
- Applied Lean and Six Sigma for process improvement and process quality.
- Resolving issues arising during the process course and preparing root cause analysis for the same.
- Assisting the manager and AVP for financial planning for the next quarter.
- Formulating a course of action or strategy for the financial stability and maintainability of the process in accordance with the client specifications and getting approval for the same from management.
- Preparing documents, doing process reviews and new members.
- Coordinating team meeting, documenting minutes and getting approval from the management and its implementation.
- Assisting the client remotely for closing activities.
Process Associate/ Process Developer
- Reconciling Bank Reconciliation Accounts, General Ledger Accounts, and Account Reconciliation for Penske Truck Leasing Inc
- Compliance - Incorporating Six Sigma criteria along with Clients criteria.
- Documented SOP ( Confidential Operating Procedures) for all the transitioned processes and conducting overview sessions with team members.
- Coordinating between the Team and Client and reporting to the Manager/AVP- Accounting Services.
- Worked on Hyperion, Oracle & AS 400 for analysis and reporting.
- Running reports on Hyperion, General Ledger and supporting reports for the SDO.
- Analysis of monthly & quarterly data, Green & Black Belt projects (SPOC) for senior management reporting.
- Applied Lean and Six Sigma for process improvement and process quality.
- Coordinating with Technology Team (Client Technology and Confidential Technology) to resolve issues related to basic tools of reconciliation. team members on client account reconciliations and client accepted process methodologies.
- Double reporting of the accounts in Pounds and Euro according to clients specifications.
- Used Six Sigma DMAIC methodology to improve process efficiencies.
- Reviewing account reconciliations(Team Leader), analysis for middle & senior management presentations, performance reporting - Dash Boards, Transitioning New Processes from client site