- Certified Business Analyst with a history of success as an information technology professional with business analyst, IT management, system analyst, and developer experience.
- Proactive, results - oriented professional dedicated to solving practical business problems.
- Recognized for getting the job done - whatever it takes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience in the insurance and manufacturing industries.
Business Analyst: expertise in requirements management, data flow diagramming, data modeling, use case, workflow diagramming, and database modeling
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, X-Base (FoxPro), Confidential DMSII
Languages: SQL (Oracle), FoxPro (Windows/Visual), COBOL
Confidential, INDIANA, & OHIO
Business Information Analyst
- Defined test cases, test scenarios, test data, and executed tests to validate functional requirements in an Agile development environment.
- Developed an Excel template that generated SQL queries using various data parameters to automate the retrieval of Oracle-based data to be used in defining corrections needed to be made to subscriber/dependent data, which decreased the development time for the queries and reduced errors in retrieving the data.
- Served as lead analyst of a team that validated the monthly production releases to ensure that the revised enterprise applications performed as expected when installed in production.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Defined the business, functional, and technical requirements for the implementation of the company’s automated system to meet the requirements of Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007.
- System was delivered six months prior to mandated date.
- Acted as the lead business and technical analyst for the implementation of the StrataWare Medical Bill Review system that required multiple, bi-directional data streams to be exchanged between multiple partners and the company in near real-time.
- Acted as subject matter expert to senior IT and business management for the company’s claims management, claims medical bill review, and EDI systems.
- Served as lead business analyst on projects to update the company’s claims management system to meet the requirements of 15 new states.
- Projects often included implementation of Electronic Data Interchange based on the IAIABC Release 1 or 3 standards.
- Acted as the company’s liaison with policy management system partner for the implementation of all compliance changes in the states where business was conducted.
- Partnered with internal compliance and policy staff, IT staff, state regulators, and various national workers’ compensation organizations to define the requirements for rate, assessment, surcharge, form revisions and mandatory state reporting.
- Performed application development of advanced, complex systems to meet the business needs of the company.
- Expanded company’s EDI capabilities to include national clearinghouse for exchange of medical bills from health care providers nation-wide.
- Implemented ANSI X12 837 health care transaction set between the company’s claim management system and PPO’s to reduce turnaround time for re-pricing of medical bills thereby increasing cash flow and reducing errors.
- Served as lead integration testing resource for the implementation of a new integrated policy and claims management system which replaced multiple, mainframe-based, custom COBOL systems.
Principal / Consultant
- Installed mTMS integrated manufacturing software and financial systems for Confidential
- Provided all facets of systems support in computer operations, programming, system/program debugging, systems capacity tuning, and data communications.
- Provided project management for the installation of a Confidential U6000 UNIX multi-processor system and its related TCP/IP local and remote communications system including hardware, software, communications devices, and network cabling.
- Managed the installation of a Confidential A4 mainframe system and its associated local and remote communications systems including a remote report distribution system.
- Transferred all application software and databases from former service bureau to their in-house system.
- Completed numerous enhancements to the company’s sales analysis and costing reports.
Systems Development Manager
- Provide overall management of the systems development team including project prioritization, project management, team building, staff performance reviews and budgeting.
- Directed a team of systems analysts and programmer/analysts responsible for all aspects of the systems development lifecycle for Confidential - a major manufacturer of recreational vehicles (travel trailers, campers, motor homes), aluminum and fiberglass boats, and van conversions with five plants in the US and Canada.
- Implemented a corporate IT steering committee to review and prioritize requests for IT services to align IT resources with corporate strategic goals.
- Established the programming team for the Information Services Division when the Department implemented its own mainframe system.
- This entailed the establishment of an SDLC process including standards, processes, procedures, and metrics to evaluate and monitor all development efforts for the Department.
- Directed the work of five programmer/analysts in a Confidential mainframe, COBOL environment using Confidential database management system.
- Acted as the Department’s IS liaison with other state departments for data interchange projects.