- Over 7 years of professional experience as a Business System Analyst with expertise in business process analysis, business process modeling, business requirements, database design, strategic planning, and business analysis in the field of Insurance.
- Extensive knowledge in Equities and Equity derivatives and fixed income from a trading and a technology perspective.
- Functional knowledge of various modules of insurance like channel management, policy servicing, claims management, underwriting, reinsurance and Finance.
- Thorough understanding of insurance laws, regulations and company policies.
- Excellent knowledge of various policy administration & industry standard tools such as ACORD standards
- Strong business analysis skills and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) utilizing Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile: XP, Scrum.
- Experienced in conducting requirement analysis, use case design, designing test plans and developed database schemas based on the logical models.
- Expert in requirement gathering and documenting the requirements in business requirement documents.
- Worked extensively with Rational Rose, Use Cases and Test Scripts and delivered Functional Specifications and Software Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Ability to gather business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions utilizing a variety of software tools including, Use Cases and the rational tools.
- Expertise with UML tools, applied for developing Use Case Diagrams, Activity and Sequence diagrams.
- Excellent skills in writing Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Systems Design Specification, Workflows and diagramming skills for drawing UML diagrams such as State diagrams and Class diagrams.
- Developed efficient business relationships with various client teams in order to process and support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively manage client expectations.
- MS Visio
- Share Point
- Rational Suite (Rose
- Requisite Pro
- Test Director
- MS SQL Server 2000/2005 (T - SQL)
- Load Runner
- Microsoft Office
- MS Project
- HP Quality Center
- Soffront CRM
- Web Services
- Waterfall Model
- Agile Methodology (SCRUM)
- Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Windows Server 2003.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed UML Use Case diagrams for faster and more efficient communication with stakeholders, by utilizing MS Visio.
- Conducted user interviews and JAD sessions with end users, stake holders and developers to gather functional and non functional requirements of the system, and creation of user stories
- Implemented ACORD for reinsurance industry standards worked in the RUP environment for the elicitation, representation of requirements and in change management.
- Assessed the flaws in the existing as-is system and made clear recommendations of business process improvements and BPR, and incorporated them in the to-be system design.
- Analyzed the as-is and to-be systems to perform GAP Analysis and make recommendation for system enhancement.
- Executed data mapping documentation.
- Wrote business requirement specification (BRS) and functional requirement specification (FRS) documents as per the business requirements and process flow.
- Making sure current project requirements are being met by using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Actively involved in creation of the UML diagrams such as sequence, activity and class diagrams for certain modules of the application using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Used Rational ClearQuest for all types of change requests, including defects, enhancements, issues and documentation changes with a flexible workflow process.
- Assisted and directly involved with QA team in creation of Test Cases and tests implementations.
Tools: & Technologies: RUP, Rational Requisite Pro, MS-Visio, Rational ClearQuest, Base Clear case, Java, Oracle, DB2, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Erwin
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business System Analyst
- Obtained business requirements from business users and stakeholders using JAD sessions, brain storming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to get a better understanding of the client’s business process.
- Worked with the business to document and develop formulas for the calculation of premiums and losses statistics in the marts (eg. Written Premium, Earned Premium, Unearned Premium)
- Elicited, documented, modeled, validated and prioritized functional and non-functional requirements using interviews, data analysis, and different modeling tools.
- Actively involved in preparing and writing the business requirement documents, functional requirement documents and data mapping documentation.
- Performed in depth data analysis identifying data issues in legacy system and worked with business to develop resolutions to those issues.
- Used MS Project for status reporting and planning.
- Utilized MS Visio for designing Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Analyzed the as-is and to-be state of the project and performed Gap analysis, Impact analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Created data mapping documents for the movement of data from production databases to the warehouse and from the warehouse to the policy and claims marts.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the SCRUM methodology for project implementation and development.
- Assisted System Architects and Quality Assurance Analysts in creation of various tests.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Assisted in deletion of defects and bugs, in order to meet specific requirements and deadlines for successful execution of the project.
- Worked as an SME for identifying the scope of End-to-End testing with different teams
- Coordinated UAT of the product with Business Users
Tools: & Technologies: MS Outlook, MS Office, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, RUP, UML, Oracle, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 7.
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
- Conducted user interviews and JAD sessions with end users, stake holders and developers to gather functional and non-functional requirements of the system, and creation of user stories
- Involved in developing the business model for expediting the claim settlement process
- Performed document analysis involving creation of Use Cases and Use Case narrations using Microsoft Visio, in order to present the efficiency of the gathered requirements.
- Defined frameworks for the application development and analyzed the areas of improvement
- Highly interacted with the development team and claim settlement experts making sure that the development of the project is meeting the business requirements.
- Involved in the analysis of the functional, technical specifications, data mapping document and conceptual diagrams.
- Identified critical areas of business risk and modified the business process to reduce the same.
- Wrote business requirements specification (BRS) and functional requirements specification (FRS) documents as per the business requirements and process flow.
- Used SCRUM methodology in supporting system development cycle.
- Jointly responsible for monitoring the progress of the system development by preparing status reports, charting out schedules, allocating and managing technical and human resources using MS Excel and MS Project
- Conducted daily interaction with both the development team and stake holders
- Analyzed the security implementation of the application with respect to users perspective
- Documented user stories and modeled use case diagrams by utilizing MS Visio
- Prepared test data for the functional test cases.
- Evaluated test results and prepared test summary reports
- Interacted with developers & various members of my team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities
- Investigating the bugs using SCRUM methodology by creating the test cases to fix bugs and interacting with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed bug tracking using Clear Quest.