- Senior business analyst with over 7 years of extensive experience and a solid understanding of Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process
- In depth knowledge on different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Life Cycle (PLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experienced in working with multiple projects, analyzing metrics, creating profit generating strategies and implemented cost - reducing practices
- Proficient in business requirements elicitation, process modeling, gap analysis, risk analysis, SWOT analysis and development of functional specifications
- Expertise in requirements gathering using Waterfall and Agile methodologies, root cause analysis, creating workflows, process map and activity flows
- Good knowledge of UML based methodologies and applications including Rational Suite
- Extensive experience in diversified industry sectors including online retail, insurance (health and mortgage), core banking and healthcare
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) and Joint Resource Planning (JRP) sessions with management, SMEs, vendors, users and other stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in writing Business Requirement Documents (BRD), High level Design (HLD) Documents, Use Cases, UML diagrams, Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS)
- Implemented the process, procedures, guidelines and policies for the development and QA teams
- Excellent communication and Business writing skills
Methodologies: Agile, waterfall, SDLC, JAD
Agile Management: Rally, JIRA
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio
Version Control Systems: Tortoise SVN
Project Management: MS Project, Requisite Pro, Rational suite, Dot Project
Management Tool: Rational Clear Quest, Mercury Test Director, Subversion
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista, UNIX, MS Dos, Mac OS
Other: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), XML, HP ALM, MS Outlook
EXPERIENCE:Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, San Francisco, California
- Setting budgets and agreeing project time scales and deadlines with clients.
- Holding weekly internal and external meetings on progress .
- Single point of contact for all communications between the clients, developers and business.
- Managing staff to ensure that all milestones are achieved within the agreed timeframes.
- Ensuring effective quality control processes are in place to monitor deliverables produced.
- Maintaining client relationships.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, measuring and managing project risks.
- Ensuring that projects conform to Agile methodology and required standards.
- Conducting regular impact analysis in order to assess the consequences of the project deliverables on other sections of the business.
- Keeping accurate administrative records of expenditure, accounting, costing and billing.
- Assisting the technical team in their design and development tasks.
- Producing project definitions to include validated functional requirements, scope, roles, responsibilities, budgets, timescales and resources.
Environment: Cognos 10.2/10.1.1 , Transformer, Report Studio, Query Studio, Metric Studio, Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Defined the scope of the project and developed a vision plan that defined the primary goals and objectives of the project.
- Worked with Rational Unified Process right from the initiation to transition phase.
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements for inbound and outbound files, managing all requirements using Rational Requisite Pro (RRP).
- Conducted research to make and approve updates regarding appropriate enterprise standards.
- Took charge of process definition and results of applicable enterprise IT metrics; organized events to aid with broad skill development.
- Kept track of each entity’s usage of the enterprise project management standard processes.
- Conducted brain storming sessions to analyze provider contracts, provider reimbursement, benefit rules, medical policies and medical management rules to see the impact of ICD 10 diagnosis codes.
- Conducted working sessions to gather and document high level business requirements and detailed level business requirements for different business units impacted by ICD10 such as Confidential claims intake, medical management-utilization management, case management and provider reimbursement- provider payment.
- Organized impacted systems into high, medium and low impact to help businesses analyze the level of effort for remediation activities and ease resource allocation work
- Analyzed healthcare transaction flow for HIPAA healthcare transactions like 834, 835, 270, 271, 276, 277, and 278.
- Conducted impact analysis gap analysis and assisted in Risk-Management analysis.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Experience in gap analysis, data mapping and manually tested the interfaces and functionalities.
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requisite Pro, Test Director, Rational Tool, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Oracle 10g, SQL loader
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Copell TX
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update the Customer Requirements Specification (CRS) document and the technical specialists to find out the downstream system impacts.
- Created the Software Requirements Specification document for the following application pertaining to 2017 new product changes: 1. Quoting 2. Enrollment 3. Trionfo 4. Renewals (SGR/BRCx) 5. Actuarial (Rating) 6. BAP and 7. BlueStar (including ID cards).
- Tracked and maintained stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Participated in the planning, development, coordination and presentation of specific testing needs as appropriate to the quality assurance needs of the end user.
- Worked closely with multiple vendors (Prime, DNOA & EyeMed) to gather the providers (medical, dental, vision and pharmacy) information and formulary list (drugs).
- Worked with the data analyst and developer to convert the source files into JSON format by embedding the necessary plans for each provider and drug. Validated the final JSON files to verify whether it complies as per the CMS schema.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans to make sure all requirements have been covered and tested properly. Prioritized outstanding defects ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Responsible for writing user stories and assigning the tasks to the team members.
- Tracked the progress of the development process for each sprint cycle, documented and reported it to the higher level management.
- Frequently communicated with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system flows, user administration and requirements.
- Developed use cases, activity and sequence diagrams for a clear understanding of the vision document.
- Recommended corrective actions, if necessary, along with the progress against development/action plan routinely to the Project Manager.
- Worked with the management for improving and giving new ideas for designing future state processes.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
Environment: Cognos 10.2/10.1.1 , Transformer, Report Studio, Query Studio, Metric Studio, Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced, Oracle 10g, Erwin 4.0,Dynamic Cubes, Active Reports, DashBoard reports, Cognos Mobile, Power Cubes, TOAD, PL/SQL, Data stage, Informatica, Active Batch,MOTIO CI,TM1 and UNIX/Linux.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Gathered and prioritized the customer's product requirements and worked closely with the business owners and other high level stakeholders in addition to development, QA and production support to ensure revenue and that the customer satisfaction goals were met.
- Worked closely with the project manager to discuss the resources, scope, cost (budget) and time (deadlines) during the project kick off meeting. Created and updated project schedules and managed resources and timeline using MS Project.
- Tracked down the status of each project (R/Y/G meeting) and reported it to the senior level management on a weekly basis.
- Interacted with the vendor’s to document the mapping specifications which acts as a key documentation for the developers to produce the data files (Institutional and Professional claims, medical claims, provider’s data, member’s data and Pharmacy data).
- Conducted structured walk through and JAD sessions for consensus on baseline.
- Provided subject matter expertise in areas including Confidential, proprietary flat files and system integration to the development, QA and production support teams on core system enhancements.
- Provided knowledge transfer sessions to key shareholders and worked with partner companies where applicable to deliver solutions.
- Supported baseline system documents for roll-out activities and assisted in the creation of companywide SDLC standards to utilize agile methodologies.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Prepared the project status reports and represented the Confidential team in the PMO meetings.
- Participated in UAT along with the development & testing teams
- Played an integral role as part of core program management team for the turnover to a new outsourcing vendor.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, HealthRules, Samanage, TFS and SQL Teradata.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Analyzed the clients’ current systems and processes and reporting requirements.
- Interviewed the clients and associates to understand business rules and include them in the requirements document and generate use cases and scenarios.
- Created Workflows, Data Diagrams, Data Mapping documents, user interfaces and other industry standard documents to represent the clients’ processes.
- Analyzed the requirements from the stakeholders of the existing business applications and understands the impacts of the new project and performing GAP analysis.
- Identified the potential solutions and assessed them for both technical and business sustainability.
- Worked closely with the application development and design team onsite and offshore to resolve the technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the project.
- Participated in design review meetings and translated the requirements to the developers and guided the teams when issues related to business requirements occurred.
- Used tools like MS office, MS Visio, MS SQL, Apache Subversion, Erwin, MS Project and MS SharePoint to create and maintain project related requirements and documentation, and, to also increase the overall quality of the project.
- Responsible for identifying changes to different development, integration and user acceptance testing regions and addressed the user acceptance testing defects and supporting the system in production and helped the technical teams fix the production defects.
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Six Sigma, Crystal Reports 2008, WEB Intelligence, SQL, UML, JAD, HRIS, Quality Center, MS-Office, and Data Warehousing.
- Developed a deep understanding of the existing business processes and cross department interactions.
- Synthesized information from multiple sources into informational documents and diagrams with purpose.
- Worked with business leads and SMEs to understand and document current state, the challenges that exist within the operational infrastructure, including identification of business and technical gaps.
- Prepared comprehensive future state documentation for business processes.
- Analyzed and recommended process improvements to determine best practices and makes recommendations to management on how to improve current practices and processes and solve issues related to business unit
- Reviewed and contributed to approve functional design definitions deliverables to ensure business requirements are being met.
- Participated in vendor selection or evaluation processes where applicable; including preparing RFI/RFP deliverables, coordinating demonstrations, coordinating feedback and results prepare resulting documentation, etc.
- Acted as primary point of contact for the project team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations as needed where business impacts may arise.
Environment: MS office, Rational Rose, UML, MS Outlook, Crystal Reports, Share point