- Experienced IT Professional with 8 years of experience in the general IT Sector with specialized knowledge in domains such as Retail, E - Commerce & Digital Marketing. Focused, flexible and highly detail-oriented individual with proven success in designing and developing complex, innovative IT solutions to suit organizational needs.
- Experience of working with SDLC methodologies including traditional methods such as Waterfall, and Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, RUP, ScrumBan, Scrum-Safe 4.0 & 4.6 and Water-scrum-fall (Hybrid).
- Expertise in Digital marketing sector with practical knowledge on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Keyword research, Predictive Analytics and 360 Analytics to provide valuable insights.
- Expertise in Supply Chain domain with a focus on Procurement, Resource Allocation, Merchandise Planning, Pricing and Invoicing, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Reverse Logistics, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management System and baseline change requirements per contractual terms & earned value methods.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills with Toastmasters International Certification.
- Have an SAP-01 (SAP Overview) certification with good knowledge about the functionalities of SAP ERP System
- Flexible in tending to more than one role at any given point in time. Have worked as a BA, PM and QA in a single project showcasing my capabilities, without hindering my performance in the other role.
- Expert level knowledge in MS Office tools like MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project and MS Word.
- Knowledge about E-Commerce, Digital Marketing compliances such as GDPR and COPPA.
- Experience in analyzing the As-Is and To-Be systems, performing various business analysis such as GAP Analysis, PESTLE, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit, Feasibility Analysis, Impact Analysis and Root Cause analysis.
- Extensive knowledge in various requirement elicitation techniques such as JAD sessions, Document Analysis, Interviews/Surveys, Reverse Engineering, Focus Groups, Brainstorming, SWOT/Market Analysis among others.
- Familiarity in writing various High Level and Technical documents such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Experience in using JIRA tool for writing and managing User stories and Tasks in Scrum environment, track issues, Defect Lifecycle Management and creation of Information Radiators like Burndown charts.
- Knowledge about project management tools like MS Project, Visio and assisted Project manager in creating Project plans, Project charter, Work breakdown structure and Earned-Value Management for project progress tracking.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Review, Retrospective and Daily Stand-ups.
- Assisted Product Owner in prioritizing PBI’s using techniques like MoSCoW, KANO and worked with the team to estimate the effort using techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing, Relative Mass valuation.
- Assisted PO in release planning, backlog grooming by assisting in the outlining of MVP, MMF and MRF.
- Experienced in creating high and low fidelity wireframes and mockups using Balsamiq, and UML diagrams like Class Diagram, Use Case Diagram, Activity and Sequence diagrams using Lucid Chart and MS Visio.
- Good practical experience in retrieving data using SQL queries like Joins, Aggregators, Sub-queries, Triggers and Stored procedures using tools like MS SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle SQL Developer tool.
- Experience in creating a Data Mapping Specification document, Entity-Relationship Data Models by identifying the key elements, performing Data profiling, Data cleansing and Normalization. (Up to 3NF)
- Widespread knowledge of extraction of data from source systems, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse using (Informatica PowerCenter) and gave technical support for using Informatica for testing.
- In-depth knowledge of implementing Databases, Data Table Structures, Data marts, Data Analysis, Data Integration, Data Modeling, Schemas and OLAP operations viz. Slice, Dice, Pivot, Roll-up, and Drill-down.
- Assisted in API testing using Postman to check if the API's are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation (Using Swagger Tool) and as required by workflow.
- Strong understanding of web service concepts like SOAP, REST, JSON, XML under various architectures like Three-Tier Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Micro Services Architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Collaborated with QA team to write Test Plans, Test Cases, Test scenarios and tracked Pass rate using QC/ALM
- Performed UAT and actively participated in other functional testing by facilitating and providing assistance to the Quality Assurance teams in the Smoke Testing, Regression testing, System Testing, Alpha and Beta Testing.
- Extensive knowledge about Data Visualization and BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Kibana for creating reports such as Heat Maps, Tree Maps, Bar Graphs, Dashboards, Interactive MOLAPs and other static reports.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, Water-Scrum-Fall Hybrid, SAFe, RUP, XP
Process Modeling Tools: Lucid Chart, Balsamiq, MS Visio
Testing Tools: HP QC/ALM, Selenium
Statistical Tools: MS Excel, IBM SPSS
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS Office 365 (MS Word, MS Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS Access) MS SharePoint, MS Outlook, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Logstash (ELK Stack)
BI and Reporting Tools: Tableau, Kibana, Power BI
SQL: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL
Data Modeling: Conceptual, Logical, Physical, E-R Diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, Star, Snowflake schema
Data Warehousing: EDW, Data marts, OLTP, OLAP, Slice/Dice, Drill Down/Roll Up, Pivot
Web Services: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, Swagger tool, POSTMAN, SOAP UI
Technologies: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana - ELK Stack, Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, SAP ERP, MS Azure
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Interviewed Business stakeholders, SME’s to understand the As-Is process and to identify the gaps which the system intended to solve. Conducted brainstorming, JAD sessions, and focus groups for requirement elicitation.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies and assisted Product Owner in converting requirements into User stories, writing acceptance criteria, Definition of Done (DoD) and prioritizing them in the Product Backlog using JIRA.
- Worked with design team in creating Prototypes, Mock-ups and Wireframes using Balsamiq to help represent the functional requirements/GUI requirements in a visual/graphical format.
- Used Salesforce Marketing Cloud modules such as E-mail studio, Audience Studio and Journey Builder to enhance customer interaction and to understand the most likely purchasers and track customers at every point in the journey.
- Used Google Analytics 360 to understand my customer segments and to valuable provide insights to my management
- Created Use Case, Activity and Sequence UML Diagrams using Lucid Chart to depict interactions between systems and created workflow diagrams to help the developers understand the flow of processes.
- Served as a liaison between third party data vendors and business stakeholders to get relevant data.
- Gave insights for creating customer base segments and writing recommendation logic for each segment keeping in mind various parameters such as age, location, interests, buying behavior, spend patterns etc.
- Created Data Mapping Specification Document by identifying Data Source and Confidential tables along with transformation rules and also helped create Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models by identifying the Entities and Relationships, specifying data types for attributes and modifying PDM based on the physical constraints.
- Extracted required data from EDW to Temp DB by writing complex SQL queries such as Aggregators, Joins, Triggers, Sub Queries and Stored Procedure using MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- Assisted System Architect in designing an intricate 3-tier architecture factoring scalability, reliability and security.
- Assisted Product Management, stakeholders in Product Increment (PI) Planning and ensured the team dependencies were minimized while monitoring whether the SAFE principles were being followed.
- Created API specification document which included Methods (CRUD), Query Parameters, Headers, Body and Authentication/Authorization for REST requests and served as a POC for the developers and architects.
- Performed API testing using Postman to check if information returned is in JSON/XML format (RESTful API)
- Helped visualize the data by creating Static reports, Interactive MOLAP, Dashboards, Geo Heat Maps and other dynamic real-time reports using Kibana Data Visualization tool.
- Collaborated with QA team to write Test Plans, Test Cases and Test scenarios and performed UAT and actively participated in other functional testing by facilitating and providing assistance to the Quality Assurance teams in the Smoke Testing, Regression testing, System Testing, Alpha and Beta Testing.
- Ensured the system was in accordance with the GDPR and COPPA compliances by coordinating with legal team.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted interviews with clients, SMEs & business users to understand their Business & Functional Requirements, behind the idea of Augmented Reality, and analyzed the benefits that it provided to users.
- Created an AR Document which included various dimensions like AR Tools Creator (ARTC), AR Experience Creator (AREC), Assets Creator (AC), Assets Aggregator (AA), Media servers and Service servers.
- Discussed with the SME’s and Technical leads and identified the Data Marts, Content Management System, Analytic Engine, Content Distribution Network and the type of Rendering devices which were required.
- Acted as a liaison between developers and business stakeholders to communicate the technical requirements.
- Performed “As-Is” and “To-Be” analysis to understand the current and desired state of the system.
- Assisted in creating User Interface Document to express UI component design, navigation & created interactive wireframes & dynamic mock-ups using Balsamiq tool which helped get feedback to enhance the User experience.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Business Process Models & Process Flow diagrams using MS Visio & Lucid Chart.
- Participated in story writing workshops and wrote user stories, and also assisted PO during PSPI demonstration.
- Performed SQL queries such as Joins, Aggregators, Triggers using MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- Worked with QA team to write test cases, and helped in UAT by testing the front end of the system and documented bugs/errors if any, in the Test Analysis Report.
- Identified and documented APIs like REST, SOAP, Bulk and Analytical APIs.
- Extensively involved in data mapping, logical data modeling, creating class diagrams, E-R diagrams.
- Created Geo-heat maps, Time-series graphs and Dashboards using Tableau to assess density of users segmented on geographical parameters to help understand customer and market trends.
Business Systems Analyst
- Identified key stakeholders and helped synthesize the requirements through various elicitation techniques like Interviews, Qualtrics surveys, JAD sessions and Document Analysis.
- Assisted in using Oracle Integration Cloud configuring/testing the SAP and Salesforce connections and credentials.
- Identified the objects which required bi-directional access, the objects which needed to synced to/from SAP ERP and identified the outbound messaging interface, associated notification indicators for CRUD operations.
- Validated the entire integration process on Salesforce.com end to verify object name, object fields and whether the notifications were received in the desired format at the right time.
- Imported Web services, REST API into SOAP UI tool using WADL files and performed testing to verify HTTP status code, performance sanity, response format, payload, security and authorization.
- Analyzed the ‘As-IS’ process and performed a GAP Analysis to arrive at a conclusion of the ‘To-Be’ system, figured out the issues that were hindering the business process, and documented the results in an Analysis Report.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies, extensively used JIRA for converting the requirements to user stories, assisted the Product Owner in writing the Acceptance criteria and framing the Definition of Done (DOD) for the PSPI.
- Worked closely with the Design/UI team in converting the functional requirements into technical specifications like Prototypes, Graphical User Interface (GUI) and User Interface (UI) mock-ups using Balsamiq tool.
- Assisted creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and updated the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated the testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing with the help of QA.
- Extensively used Oracle SQL Developer for querying & extraction of data for performance review and analysis.
- Assisted the testing team in UI testing using HP ALM and documented the defects in Jira.
- During the maintenance phase, I conducted a performance review on the end-user environment and drafted an In-Process Review report to check the health of the systems and receive client feedback.
- Design user manuals, training procedures and FAQ’s to assist clients in using the integrated system and generated static and dynamic reports using Tableau.
Business Systems Analyst
- Interviewed clients, SMEs & business users to understand their Business & Functional Requirements, gathering their future needs & transforming them to Functional Specifications.
- Converted high level Epics into User Stories using the INVEST strategy.
- Conducted one-to-one meetings & web-Conferences as well as JAD sessions with different stakeholders; analyzed & came up with suggestions providing consistent process for the communication & resolution.
- Performed GAP Analysis between the "As-Is" model of the legacy system & the "To-Be" model to identify the gaps logged issues relating to the identified gaps & worked with the SME to get clarifications.
- Assisted PO in writing acceptance criteria, Definition of Done and prioritizing PBI’s based on Business Value, time and risk, and also assisted in Backlog Grooming to determine the Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Extensively involved in data mapping, logical data modeling, creating class diagrams, ER diagrams & used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle SQL Developer.
- Assisted design team to express UI component design & navigation by visual prototypes using Balsamiq.
- Assisted Scrum Master in velocity/capacity calculation and conducting Knowledge Transfers sessions.
- Created Use Case Templates & Process Flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio for all System Functionalities.
- Prepared & maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep a trace of all the requirements.
- Involved in unit, functional, regression & system Testing by acting as a liaison between developers, testers and business stakeholders. Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and recorded bugs using JIRA.