A competent professional with more than 8+ years of experience in the IT field as a Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst in Health Care, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Credit Card, Retirement and Investment, and Manufacturing domains. Dedicated & self - motivated, result driven, detail oriented, and proactive team player with excellent communication, documentation, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Innovative, skilled, quick learner individual. Well-organized with multitasking skills that optimize limited resources to achieve outstanding results.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, and testing.
- Hands on experience with different software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Safe - Agile and Agile - Scrum.
- Proficient in gathering requirements from different stakeholders using different elicitation techniques like Brainstorming, JAD, Observation, Job Shadowing, Focus Groups, Requirement Workshop, One on One Interviews, Surveys & Questionnaire, Prototyping, Requirements and Document Analysis.
- Excellent skills in defining and documenting the business process flows using UML diagrams such as Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data flow diagrams, Use Case Diagrams using different Tools like MS Visio and Gliffy.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining the Requirements Definition Documents including Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Experienced in Gap Analysis and mapping the As-Is state to To-Be state.
- Ability to share and transfer knowledge through training sessions to Business users, technical users, stakeholders for better understanding of the application.
- Assisted in performing data mapping activities like defining data source, data target and experienced in using SQL queries for data analysis and data validation.
- Involved in various kinds of testing including User Acceptance Testing, Black box testing, Regression testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, White Box Testing, Stress Testing and Document performance reports.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, build Test Conditions and Test Cases, creating Test Data, analyzing bugs, interacting with development team members to fix errors and issues.
- Experienced in reporting defects using defects tracking tools such as JIRA and TFS.
Data Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Balsamiq Mockup
Process Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, TFS
SAFeAgile, Agile: Scrum, Waterfall, RUP
Testing Tools: Load Runner, HP ALM, Fiddler
Database: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, PLSQL
ETL Tools: Informatica, data stage
Language: HTML, XML, SQL, .net, Java, C, C++
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop, IBM Cognos
Domain Knowledge: Health Care, Capital Market, Finance, Wealth ManagementFinance, Banking, Retirement & Investments
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted GAP analysis for AS- IS and TO - BE of the process to identify and validate requirements during JAD sessions.
- Facilitated JAD sessions, Brainstorming sessions between development team, Architect, SME’s, Business Owners and Stakeholders to elicit the requirements.
- Wrote user stories fulfilling INVEST criteria, assisted the product owner in prioritizing the product backlog items and estimated Story Points using Agile Poker and T-Shirt sizing.
- Helped Solutions Architect in translating Business and Design requirements into Technical requirements for the development Team.
- Assisted Product Owner in conducting prioritization techniques like MoSCoW, KANO to prioritize the product backlog and sprint backlog.
- Acted as communication bridge between development team and business
- Helped QA teams by Creating Test cases and Test scenarios for System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Extensively used JIRA to record and maintain the artifacts such as Product backlogs (user stories), Sprint backlogs(tasks), Defects and Issue Tracking.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, grouping, for data analysis and data validation.
- Collaborated with QA team in reviewing Test Procedures while creating Test Cases, Test Plans/Design and efficiently prioritizing and managing defects using defect tracking tool, Jira.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing and developed User Manual and Training Manual for the end users of the application.
- Worked with Business to understand the requirements of this project and communicated those requirements to developers by writing user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Listed out all the fields under those UI components by going into backend of the application in the Pega Systems.
- Converted requirements into user stories, groomed user stories in the Pre grooming sessions with the product owner and maintained healthy product backlog.
- Referred the existing UI Components handbook document and updated that with all new fields.
- Prepared wireframes and Mockup screens with the help of Balsamic Mock up tool and attached it to the particular user Story in Jira.
- Helped teams by creating necessary Jira’s all along the project including tech debt Stories, spikes, bugs coming from business, Regression and Automation stories for Software upgrade versions.
- Hosted multiple meetings with team members, other department teams whenever necessary throughout project and wrote Meeting Minutes for those meetings and sent to all invitees.
- Involved in tracking and managing the complete working dependencies of Offshore teams and geographically dispersed teams under these Projects.
- For Data Visualization created and maintained Custom Reports and Dashboards for upper level management and multiple Teams in the department in Jira tool.
- Helped Scrum Masters in solving the team impediments throughout the project.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective meetings whenever required.
Environment: Agile - Scrum Framework, JIRA, Gliffy, Microsoft Office Suite, Pega System, HTML, SharePoint, Balsamiq Mock ups.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Business Systems Analyst
- Actively involved in Pre-Analysis of Project with SME’s and Developers.
- Studied and analyzed requirements to be achieved and brainstormed to gather effective requirements.
- Conducted GAP analysis to understand new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated.
- Helped convert the requirements into user stories and aided the team in slicing epics into Product Backlog Items (PBIs).
- Experienced working in SAFe agile environment, Working ahead of my team with 2 Program Increments.
- Maintained healthy backlog with well defined user stories with detailed acceptance criteria in Safe Agile environment.
- Collected, documented, and managed business requirements using Share point.
- Prepared Use Case Scenarios and Description documentation based on the analysis, and obtained approvals from the clients.
- Prepared Mockup screens with the help of UI components using wireframes for testing the front end of the new application.
- Prepared Flow Diagrams on Gliffy for better understanding of the flow of activities along with the timelines of each actor.
- Identified and evaluated the impact of system changes by conducting Impact Analysis.
- Used JIRA to record and maintain the artifacts such as Product backlogs (user stories), Sprint backlogs(tasks), Defects and Issue Tracking.
- Involved in giving a demo of a working product to the product owners and the business owners.
- Involved in end to end Data Mapping on data from legacy system to the new system and developed data mapping documentation.
Environment: SAFe -Agile Framework, JIRA, Gliffy, Microsoft Office Suite, db2, SharePointIBM Cognos, Java, COBOL
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted JAD and Brainstorming sessions with Product Owner, SMEs and Other Business and Technical Stakeholders to elicit and analyze complex reporting requirements.
- Performed analysis on information consolidated from sources, identified and resolved conflicts, and broke down high level information into detailed workable requirements.
- Understood the as-is system, developed the to-be system concepts and performed GAP analysis.
- Walked through the product owners on the user stories with more technical details by writing acceptance criteria for that user story.
- Used story mapping to create a product backlog in a visually structured way which helped in slicing and release planning activities.
- Created Business Process Diagrams and Business Flow Charts using MS Visio .
- Created & maintained various documents like ETL Grooming, User Manual, Data & Report Column Level Mapping & data transformation documents for the data received.
- Created Grid and Dashboard Report Mockups for validation of requirements.
- Conducted Business Demo of reports developed in Microstrategy .
- Assisted reporting team in performing data mapping activities like defining data source, data target & Data transformation rules to set up the data load process by working closely with ETL developer.
- Utilized TFS for Requirements Traceability throughout the development & testing life cycle, issue tracking & project management.
- Analyzed the business needs and facilitated database design sessions to identify the sources of information that need to be integrated, helped define business and data processing requirements and the changes involved.
Environment: Agile- Scrum Environment, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Visio, TFS, IBM Cognos, SharePoint, Hyperion, Microstrategy.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Worked with Product Owner (PO) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) to gather requirements for project in SCRUM environment.
- Helped Scrum Master and Product Owner to drive stories related to application functionality through development, QA, and release.
- Created functional and non-functional requirements outline and based on the outline created user stories.
- Worked with SMEs and Developers to write Acceptance Criteria for those stories.
- Updated Agile tracking systems like TFS to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Created wireframes , application job aids , and business process work instructions.
- Assisted with user experience team to ensure the client requirements are met within the architecture of the application.
- Maintained requirements traceability in order to keep all the teams up-to-date with the progress of the project
- Created and updated user documentation and training materials for internal and external system upgrades.
- Organized and delivered system demonstrations for new, potential, and existing clients.
- Created SQL queries for testing and Reviewed my testing with the PO or SME to call a story done.
- Assisted quality assurance team in quickly finding the cause of the issue and resolve it after each release, and if I cannot resolve the issue quickly contacted the party who can.
Environment: Agile- Scrum, .Net, TFS, MySQL, MS Office, SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio