- Accomplished IT professional working as a Sr. Business System Analyst having around 8 years of experience functioning primarily in Banking domain with a proven track record of working in self - organized, cross functional teams, interacting with stakeholders and clients to deliver quality software systems and enhancing business processes.
- Experienced in various projects involving regulations and compliances including Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Know Your Customer(KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Risk Compliance, Payment Card Industry Compliance (PCI), Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- In depth knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies using methodologies like Scrum, Waterfall and Waterfall-Scrum hybrid. Intense knowledge of RUP, Extreme Programming, Kanban, Scrumban, Spiral and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies.
- Proficient in networking with individuals at various levels and facilitate Requirements Elicitation sessions like Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, using Interviews, Job shadowing, Document Analysis, Brainstorming, Focus groups, Requirements workshops, Prototyping, Interface analysis.
- Proficient in communicating with Stakeholders, Development Team , Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), System Analyst,BusinessOwners,Business Sponsors,BusinessusersandProjectManager.
- Conducted detailed project analyses of Business processes by Gap analysis (AS-IS & TO-BE), Risk analysis, Impact analysis, Effort estimation, cost-benefit analysis, SWOT analysis, feasibility analysis, Root cause analysis (cause and effect analysis).
- Tracked major project milestones and performed the critical path analysis to manage project timeline and budgeting, also maintained the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using MS Project for time, cost and the resourceallocation.
- Proficiency in documenting artifacts by gathering requirements such as Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specification Documents (FRD), System Requirements Specification (SRS),UML models (use case, activity, sequence), data flow models and userstories.
- Assisted in developing high fidelity and low fidelity wireframes, mockups and prototypes using Balsamiq and designed UML model diagrams such as use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and activity diagrams using MS Visio and Lucidchart.
- Expertise in scrum ceremonies like project visioning, backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning,daily scrum, sprint review and retrospective to manage issues using project collaboration tools like JIRA and HP-ALM.
- Sufficiently aware about defining Definition of Done (DOD), acceptance criteria and the Definition of Ready (DOR).AssistedPO in writing user stories and used prioritization techniques such as MoSCoW, KANO and Planning Poker.
- Facilitated in decomposing epics into userstories usinghorizontal and vertical slicing of user stories &by following estimationtechniqueslikeT-shirtsizing,planningpoker, Bucket System & used SMART criteria for the tasks to include in the Sprint Backlog and adhered to INVEST (independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small and testable) criteria for user stories.
- Assisted scrumteams in resolving dependencies and Empowering the teams with the Pillars of Scrum such as increasing Transparency, Inspection and Adaptation and achieving goal to deliver the PSPI at the end of every Iteration.
- Followed best engineering practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development. Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Continuous Integration Continuous Development (CICD) and Pair Programming.
- Well versed in OLAP, OLTP and performed data analysis using various OLAP operations like slicing, dicing, roll-up, drill- down and pivot on OLAP cubes and good understanding on types of OLAP (ROLAP, MOLAP).
- Elicited requirements to create Data mapping Specification document, Dimensional data models and Entity Relationship (ER) data models. Executed Data profiling and validation of data, identified facts and dimensions from the requirements. Good understanding of DWH architecture types and well versedin schemas.
- Performed analysis to identify the Sources, the Targets, and business transition rules to design ETL process from Source to Target System for Data Migration using Informatica and Identified the types of various reports required for stakeholders and designed it using Tableau.
- Performed SQL CRUD operations for manipulating the data on the database including joins, aggregators, sub-queries, stored functions and stored procedures using Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML).
- Significant experience of working on Application Programming Interface (API) Testing with the help of Postman & checked their responses (JSON, XML) and documented those using automation tool Swagger.
- Assisted QA team to execute Unit testing, Integration testing, Black box testing, Smoke and Sanity testing, functional testing, Regression Testing, Performance testing, Load testing & User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of applications with knowledge on STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) by creating Test plan, Test scripts, Test cases, Test scenarios, Test reports and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Assisted the business owner in executing User Acceptance testing (UAT) for product increment approval by validating positive and negative test cases for various test scenarios and Involved in execution and automation of tests, tracked defects using HP ALM and tracked bug tickets in JIRA and generated various issue reports(burndown, burnup charts).
- Ability to prioritize tasks along with excellent project management, decision making, interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and problem-solving skills. Proven capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies and experience working with onshore and offshore development team.
Business Skills: Change management, Impact Analysis, Risk analysis, C ost-Benefit analysis, JAD sessions, SWOT analysis, GAP analysis, Feasibility study, project planning, defectmanagement.
Project Management Tools: MS Project (2013,2016), MS SharePoint (2010, 2013), Confluence (v.6.2, 6.3, 6.4)
Waterfall, AgileScrum, Waterfall: Scrum hybrid, SAFe, Kanban, Scrumban, XP and RUP
Requirements/Defect Management Tools: MS Office, JIRA (v. 6.3, 7.0), HP ALM (v.11.5), HP QC (v.11, 12)
Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS Excel (2010, 2013, 2016)
Business Modelling Tools: MS Visio (v.14, 15, 16), Lucidchart, Balsamiq
ETL Tools: Infomatica Power Center (v.9.5.x, 9.6.x)
Data Marts, Data Modelling, OLAP, Multi: dimensional Analysis, Data Mining, OLAP operations (Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll UP)
Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL
Defect Tracking/Testing Tools: HP QC (v9.2), HP ALM (v. 11.5), JIRA, Load Runner (v.11.5, 12.02), SOAP UI, Selenium,Postman (v.3, 4, 5, 6), SWAGGER.
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, New York
- Acted as a liaisonbetween stakeholders, subject matter experts (SMEs), business owners, and the development teamtoidentify the business needs, business rules and the business process specification.
- Responsible for analyzing the current application system, current market needs and the Insured ps, Performed Gap Analysis and identified In Scope/Out of Scope Items and As-Is/To-Be process maps.
- Created UML diagrams like Activity diagrams, use case diagram and Sequence diagrams using Lucidchart .
- Developed project plans, project charter, project scope statement, project schedules. Prioritized and tracked work to meet critical deadlines using MS project.
- Created annotations for wireframes to give detailed overview of product UI and features. Also, created mockups and prototypes using Balsamiq for implementing mobile design to enhance UI experience.
- Actively involved in discussions with the Developers and Architects and assisted them in understanding the business requirements and to answer any of their business questions and ensure that there is no ambiguity.
- Facilitated various scrum ceremonies like Product Visioning, Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning meeting, Daily standup meeting, Sprint Review meetings and Sprint Retrospectivemeetings.
- Proactively maintained User story lifecycle using JIRA from adding the issue to marking the story as done which is followed by Product Owner’s review- approval and signoff.
- Assisted product owner in creating,slicing the epics to user stories and prioritizing them by various techniques.
- Used JIRA for creating/updating projects, created the PBIs in the Product Backlog, created user stories, tracked the progress and also assisted in customizing as per functional team ps and utilized it to track the user stories tocompletion.
- Assisted the team in pulling the user stories and breaking them in to tasks by verifying the SMART criteria during the Sprint Planning Meeting and maintained Burndown charts after the Daily StandupMeeting.
- Worked on Data Requirement Analysis and identified the Source Data and assisted ETL Developer in designing ETL process , based on the Data Mapping Documentation and performed gap analysis between source and target.
- Created Logical data Interface document by collaborating with systems architect that maps the relationship between original source fields and target destination fields. Also performed Data Profiling and Validation .
- Created Simple Storage Service (S3) buckets that provides simple, cost-effective storage using AWS client interface and monitored the user access and file storage path to facilitate ease of retrieval.
- Performed SQL query analysis against the database to validate the data retrieved from ingestion engine.
- Was involved in assisting QA team in writing Test cases, Test Scenarios both in and reported bugs in JIRA .
- Created RTM matrix with the help of HP ALM by mapping bugs against requirements in test lab modules.
- Involved in testing the end to end web service for RESTful API and http calls get, post, put and delete on application through Postman and documented responses on Swagger.
- Participated in preparing the Defect management documents and tracking of defects.
- Created interactive dashboards, drill down, drill through reports and story maps in Tableau. Facilitated in sharing documents, team metric reports to stakeholders by linking Confluence to JIRA platform.
- Assisted in preparing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by providing historical data to test systems.
- Worked with Risk compliance team to ensure that application was deployed into production in adherence to Payment Card Industry compliance (PCI).
Environment: Agile Scrum, AWS Kinesis, AWS S3,MySQL,MS office tools, MS Project (v16.0), Balsamiq, Lucidchart, JIRA (v.7.0.x), Postman (v.5.2), Swagger (v.3.0), MySQL, REST, Informatica Power Center, Confluence (v.6.2).
Business System Analyst
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Analyzed requirement documents by identifying ambiguous, incomplete and inaccurate requirements.
- Assisted Project Managers in capturing scope, milestones, objectives, roadmap and vision of the project while interacting with Business Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) following interview techniques to make sure all the requirements have been discussed and accurately documented business process information.
- Involved in prioritizing and estimating Product Backlog Items (PBIs) with Product Owner using KANO and MoSCoW technique and assisted Scrum team to pull user stories in Sprint Backlog using Planning poker.
- Produced a Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) by tracking, managing and tracing all requirements.
- Involved in requirement analysis, drafted UML diagrams as Use Case development, Activity and Sequence diagrams for proper visualization to design the system requirements using MS Visio and Lucidchart.
- Performed extensive high and low fidelity prototyping as per the demand using Mock-up screens and Wire Frames for a rough visual representation of application using Balsamiq.
- Used web methods ofget, post, put and deletefor API testing and validated the responses, error codes by executing HTTP requests using SoapUI.
- Performed various SQL operations (CRUD) including joins, sub-queries to manipulate the data in thedatabase.
- Conducted performance testing using Load Runner assessing the user traffic, threshold for load testing.
- Assisted QA team in UAT Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and testing cycle schedules.
- Facilitated UAT sessions with a thorough understanding of testing concepts pertaining to both manual and automation ensuring product quality using HP ALM.
- Assisted the development team in creating feature files using Cucumber.
- Assisted PO with scrum ceremonies like Backlog grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily scrum, Sprint Review meeting and Sprint Retrospective meeting to manage issues using project collaboration tools likeJIRA.
- Assisted product owner to create, slice and prioritize user stories to populate product backlog inJIRA.
- Created various reports like Standard static reports, Adhocs reports, Interactive MOLAP reports and Dashboards usingTableau .
Environment: Agile Scrum, JIRA,Lucidchart, Balsamiq, MS Visio,HP ALM, MS Office, SQL server, MS Project, Cucumber.
Business System Analyst
Confidential, Johnston, Rhode Island
- Worked extensively in understanding and gathering system requirements with Business and IT team pertaining to the Credit Card Authorization Project.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and various Business Stakeholders, asking detailed functionality aspects of business process.
- Functioned as a primary point of contact between IT and the leaders of each of the business units.
- Followed Agile Scrum methodology, worked with Scrum Master in implementing Agile processes, including ticketing system, Burn up/down charts, scrum sessions, and sprint & product backlogs.
- Involved in prioritizing and estimating Product Backlog Items (PBIs) with Product Owner using KANO and MoSCoWtechnique and assisted Scrum team to pull user stories in Sprint Backlog using Planning poker.
- Performed Data mapping of vendor data, items, and purchase orders, as specified by business and optimized data collection procedures and generated reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Used Business Objects ETL Tool Data Services for loading and cleansing data. Wrote and reviewed user requirements for Business Objects which allowed user to analyze the data.
- Preformed GAP Analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements. Ensured Point of Sale (POS) PCI compliance requirements were met.
- Developed detailed functional designs for new business requirements. Prioritized and analyzed all business requests, coordinated User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: Agile Scrum, MS Word, MS- Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS outlook, Confluence, Informatica Power Center
- Gathering and reviewing business requirements with the business and creating business analysis process.
- Identifying gaps inexisting system by performing Gap Analysis(As-Is system and To-be system); comparing and contrasting with documented business requirements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and workshops required to understand workflows, business needs and storyboards.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies like s print planning, daily standup, sprint review& retrospective meetings.
- Assisted the QA team in creating the test plan template, test scripts, test cases and documented requirement traceability matrix (RTM) to track the test coverage and updated the RTM after the test execution. Assisted the test lead in various testing.
- Used Tableau tool for reporting data, data visualization, studying the trends, data patterns and forecasting.
- Used various SQL(CRUD) operations, sub queries & joins for manipulating the data in the database.
- Created High level test cases which covers end to end scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)and worked with the stakeholders in the final signoff.
Environment: Waterfall-scrum (hybrid), SharePoint, MS Office suite, Tableau, HP ALM, Lucid chart, MySQL.
- Interviewed business users to gather requirements by using various elicitation techniques using Document Analysis, JAD sessions, Surveys/Questionnaire, Interview sessions, Brain Storming,Focus groupsby coordinating with project manager and technical lead.
- Documented the elicited requirements in the form of Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Collaborated with project managers in developing Concept proposal, Project Scope statement, Project Charter,ProjectManagement plan, Risk Management plan and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Scheduled automatic bill payment option along with how customer receives and pays theirbills.
- Analyzed source and target data to check the missing data in the legacy system usingInformatica.
- Performed SQL CRUD operations on database including joins, aggregators, sub-queries, stored functions &stored procedures using Data Definition language and Data Manipulationlanguage.
- Performed data modelling, data mapping and ETL of data along with data cleansing and profiling while migrating data from legacy system to Guidewire Billing center with Guidewire datahub .
- CreatedrequestandresponseAPI documentation usingSwaggerandexecutedAPI testingusingPostmanandREST toaudit the data type format (JSON, XML) for the flow of information.
Environment: Waterfall, JIRA, Guidewire insurance suite, Balsamiq, HP ALM, Tableau, MS office, MS SharePoint, Alteryx, MS Visio, Jenkins, Oracle, Informatica, Postman, Swagger.
- Performed SQL query analysis to validate the data from MySQL database by using basic data operations deploy, upgrade, manage and extract data from the databases for visualizing and reporting purposes.
- Executed various SQL queries of DDL, DML, DQL types for data modification and maintain integrity in terms of the data quality.Cleaned the databases regularly by deleting all duplicated data and filling in the incomplete data and converting the units of data.
- Established new relationships as required to integrate data from multiple data sources. Created visual basic applications to update production databases along with triggers and stored procedures for back-end validations and evaluations on databases in backend.
- Created custom transformations as per the business requirements using Informatica Power Center designer.
- Recorded and stored all modification queries and database maintenance sequences for future and evaluation of process.Used SQL Profiler to estimate the slow running queries and performance tuning processes for the validation and future improvising.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consisted data entry into database. Created two dimensional reports and interactive dashboards using Tableau.
Environment: Waterfall, HP QC, MySQL, Informatica Power Center (9.5.x), Tableau (7.0), HTML, Selenium.