5+ years of experience in Business Analysis/Data Analyst roles with dual emphasis on business and include project management, technology, software analysis and design. Knowledge of Finance, Banking, Retail, Insurance, Healthcare. Motivated self - starter with exceptional team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Good team player with ability to work in time sensitive environments. Possess excellent communication and organization skills with ability to adapt to a new environment quickly.
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Waterfall, Agile, SDLC, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Windows /7/8/XP
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, Power Designer, DOORS
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, Power Designer, Rational Clear Case, Microsoft Project, MS Office 97-2013, Oracle/ PL/SQL, Java, .Net, C/C++, SharePoint, Adobe, Lotus Notes, Quick Books, PeopleSoft System, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, MS-Outlook
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Prepared the vision and the scope of the project
- Worked closely with Fixed Income Managers to implement Eagle Pace hub and portfolio management system
- Involved in implementation of Eagle Pace system that would analyze fixed income portfolio as compared to benchmark
- Documented requirements related to Eagle Pace System using Rational Methodology for use case documentation.
- Performed Risk Analysis of the requirements to identify the key business risk areas for the project and prioritized the application development and testing
- Prepared BRD and FRD for the gathered requirements
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives, provided solutions to existing bugs
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements, as system requirements, that were included while developing the software
- Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definitions, & descriptions of the relationships, to analyze and document business data requirements
- Developed the ability to utilize Point-of-Sale data, transactional, and Market Basket data to better understand business trends and help develop plans to meet changing requirements
- Created UML Diagrams like Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and process flow diagrams to elaborate the new processes using Rational Rose
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro
- Wrote Test Cases and developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement them.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Rational Clear Quest to track defects and used Rational Clear Case to maintain consistency in the builds
Junior Business Analyst
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Business Requirement Document Specifications using MS Visio and MS Word.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams MS Visio.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing
- Assisted the SA to document all custom and system modification after the issues and enhancements were satisfactorily solved