- Over 16 years of professional experience in leadership and direction in the financial services and products.
- Combined expert technical and analytical qualifications along with broad knowledge and background of underwriting, risk management, and enhanced due diligence (EDD).
- Offer a strong background in loan servicing, asset management and loss mitigation strategies.
- Additional experience and knowledge of file review, anti - money laundering regulations (AML), suspicious activity reports (SAR), OFAC, FinCen, BSA, know your customer (KYC), quality control, fraud detection, internal regulatory audit and compliance review.
- Business Analyst Audit/Compliance Risk Management
- Financial Reporting Requirements Gathering/CRM Strategic Planning
- Quality Control/Assurance Process Improvement Loan Modification/Servicing
Business Analyst/ Senior AML Risk Investigator
- Wrote SAR reports then escalated items to Senior Management that is ultimately reported to all levels of Management as well as the Board of Directors and Third - Party Regulatory Organizations.
- Worked with AML/BSA Investigative unit to review proper processes and procedures were implemented and utilized during the KYC on Client On-boarding of new customers.
- Executed investigations based on information collected during Onboarding process to identify risk level of individuals.
- Utilized Compliance Risk Assessment (CRA) to assess the level of regulatory risk and tested the strength of monitoring controls and triggers.
- Reviewed and tested SAR suspicious activity reports and controls and escalated to AML Head per client policies and procedures.
- Worked with Investigative Testing Team responsible for reviewing and testing Key Risk Factors to determine Inherent and Residual Risk control factors.
- Assisted AML Global testing team to identify the business segments and business units monitoring and controls to be tested.
- Alliance with the AML Advisory group and partners to ensure KYC and SAR policies, processes and procedures were within client Framework and that controls were adequate to minimize AML risk.
- Utilized the Risk Assessment Methodology in testing and determining the Regulatory Environment, Potential Liability to the LOB, History of any Past Problems, Customer Complaints, i.e., Client Reputation, and how much of a process relies on another LOB s.
Contract Processor/Operations Analyst
- Guaranteed that all loan documentation was complete, accurate, verified and complied with company policy, underwriting guidelines, lending program requirements and CFPB compliant
- Ensured accurate and timely loan processing through efficient compilation of borrowers information and loan document verification
- Responsible for the ordering of credit reports and liaising with third parties to obtain other reports and documents that are necessary to successfully close a loan
- Substantiated loan documents including; title, insurance, appraisals, credit, income, tax certs.and LE/CD's, ultimately preparing application for submittal to Underwriting
- Identified common loan problems as well as delve deeper into the loans to find any other possible more extensive problems, prior to final submittal to Underwriting
- Follow up on closed loans to ensure compliance with all secondary marketing standards and reconcile accounting to ensure collection of all fees due
Loss Mitigation IV Risk Analyst/Quality Control
- Utilized strong critical analysis skills as part of the review and testing of various aspects of mortgage loan processing history reflected in servicing system databases against a detailed compliance checklist.
- Extensively reviewed Servicers loan file images and quality review results for compliance adherence in default management.
- Examined Servicers execution of Confidential loss mitigation programs and default servicing guidelines.
- Experience in GSE portfolio management in loss mitigation, foreclosure, bankruptcy and liquidation option for compliance regs
- Performed under extreme pressure with limited direction, exemplifying the ability to handle confidential material in a professional highly ethical manner, meeting deadlines and maintaining a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
Compliance Analyst/ Quality Control Specialist
- Thoroughly analyzed mortgage loans and servicing files in litigation submitted through DU, LP and other proprietary LOS, comparing guidelines to rebut the allegations questioned in litigation.
- Underwrite files that were previously underwritten ruling out errors and fraudulent activity.
- Knowledge of lenders guidelines, matrix, FHA, VA, Sub - Prime, ALT-A, RESPA, TIL, and HMDA guidelines.
- Reviewed credit report, title, appraisal, BLS, income documentation and other 3 rd party reports confirming each was in compliance with the loan guideline.
- Examined the reports of the Expert Witness allegations challenging the red flags, fraud and misrepresentation, inconsistencies or fraudulent activity in loan file.
- Composed an extensive detailed rebuttal reports disputing the individual allegations, providing guidelines, representation and warranties of the product and proof of matrix of the product line.
Project Manager/ Compliance Analyst
- Reviewed defaulted mortgage loans and post - closing underwriting files that were engaged in fraudulent and misrepresented documents.
- Evaluated the creditworthiness of the applicant by assessing financials and possible risk of default.
- Identified red flags for potential fraud and misrepresentation, inconsistencies and/or fraudulent activity from analyzing the loan documentation and transaction.
- Underwrite previously underwritten files for inaccuracy and illicit activity.
- Produced a detailed report of all the misrepresentations and default findings found in the loan file.
- Worked under limited direction, remote reviewing and ability to communicate through email resources and guideline interpretations.