- Around 12 years of IT experience including 7+ years as a Senior Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling for P&C insurance clients.
- Rich experience in Property and Casualty Insurance with different carriers. Exposure to Reinsurance (Facultative & Treaty reinsurance).
- Extensive experience in COTS product implementation (Guidewire, Duck Creek, Java). Rich experience in Policy Admin System (PAS) implementation for various clients in different regions
- Experience in Translating complex Business requirements into scalable technical solutions, makes efficient design compatible with P&C Policy system.
- Expertise in Agile, RUP, Waterfall. Hands - on experience on working Agile (SAFe, SCRUM) with writing and managing user stories.
- Experience in Product demonstration to prospective clients, Pre-sales activities, responding to Request for Proposals (RFP) from clients, conducting and consulting workshops with a client for IT strategy and Business Process Re-engineering, played role of Senior BA in Due diligence and product mobilization phase.
- Worked closely with project stakeholders, subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand the requirements and specifications, creating functional requirement documents for new applications along with re-engineering the existing applications.
- Possess multiple Requirements Analysis and Management techniques, leading teams of analysts, and documenting detailed concise solution requirements to meet business needs. Highly competent and effective communicator at all stakeholder levels.
- Through understanding and hands-on experience with BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge, currently Member of IIBA) tools, techniques, and competencies
- Accomplished professional record in product development, support & maintenance, requirement analysis, application design, development & quality assurance for enterprise IT offerings.
- Excellent writing skills in preparing business requirements documents (BRD/SRS), system design specification (SDS), functional specifications, writing user stories, Use cases and defining project plans consultancy, design & development and coordination with the customer.
- Responsible for JAD/Workshop facilitation. Gather, synthesize and prioritize requirements using interviews, conduct brainstorm sessions, document analysis, and requirements workshops.
- Analyze user requirements and delivered Estimations, Impact Analysis, Functional specifications, technical specifications, designing, development and UAT/System/Unit testing related to projects.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making a critical decision.
- Good understanding of JAVA and J2EE concepts along with strong knowledge of different relational databases (My SQL,IBM DB2). Provided Java programming support to products, technical experience with client-server technologies in J2EE.Hands on experience in Java coding (Core Jave, struts, hibernate frameworks).
Tools: Rally, JIRA, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Tools: IBM RRC-RTC, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, RPM, HP ALM
Database: Oracle 9i and MS Access
Platform: Windows NT/2000, Windows 7, Windows XP
Methodologies: Agile, RUP, SDLC, Waterfall
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Business System Analyst
- Working as a Business System Analyst for migration of legacy Claims management system to new Claims system.
- Based on plan identify interfaces between modules, strategizing object orientation methods, client’s manual processes such as batch jobs and converting them into automation using E2E solutions. Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Based on discussion with Business, understand current process and prepare 'As-Is' process map to convert into 'To-be' processes map.
- Conducted JAD & brainstorming sessions with project focus groups and document Business Requirements with required process flows to explain in detail the business implications and impacts.
- Worked as a facilitator in conducting workshops with technical and business teams to elicit the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participate in Data Gap Session (RMT) to understand the impact/changes from As-Is system to new Claims Management System. Responsible for any clarification with Business came up during Data Gap Sessions.
- Conduct workshop to analyze functional requirements, prepare Forms mapping sheet and walkthrough the same with Business, Legacy, Interface Developers, Downstream teams and Testers.
- Mapping of Forms/letters with Quadient tool (letter generation tool)/payload system.
- Identify the Variable fields in the letters and perform the mapping against RMT Data gap sheet.
- Participate in all the Data Gap sessions to verify all the fields are mapped if not maintained list with all the unmapped fields
Senior Business Analyst / Proxy Product Owner
- Conduct JAD & brainstorming sessions with project focus groups and document Business Requirements with wireframes and Mockups to explain in detail the business implications and impacts.
- Prepare Wireframes / Mockup Screens & Requirement list (Field level detail ex field type, field length, validation message) for pages with required page flow using MS Visio & other tools.
- Schedule walkthrough with different stake holders (Product owner, Underwriters, SMEs etc.) to validate the gathered requirement.
- Responsible for understanding, preparing and documenting “Requirement and scope” document and taking required approvals from stakeholder before including in upcoming Sprint.
- Conduct meetings with the business stakeholders to derive the user stories and write User stories with required artifacts in Agile Central (Rally).
- Represent TPR team in Bi-weekly status meeting and provided regular updates to the Business and discussed/prioritized their system Enhancement need.
- Work as a facilitator in conducting workshops with technical and business teams to elicit the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assist and provided approvals to test cases prepared by Quality Assurance team when needed.
- Based on Business request successfully perform UAT for different products (Property, Casualty etc.)
Sr Business Analyst
- Worked as a Sr. Business Analyst for implementation of Duck Creek Policy Admin System for two different countries as one product.
- Conducted requirement gathering workshops with stakeholders, SMEs for mid-size market products/program.
- Actively involved in Brainstorming and JAD session with the client in order to identify all the business requirements for the new product.
- Performed analysis of gathered requirements and understood as-is interfaces and prepared sequence flow interaction diagram.
- Worked as an integration BA between the front end and PAS team for building and utilizing APIs/services.
- During inception, phase worked with Integration team and prepared an inventory list of Integrations (iFeed, OneClaims, CDL etc.) needed for To-be PAS system.
- Provided field level mapping of elements between Front-end (UI) and Duck Creek needed in the service/API.
- Worked with Business and other BA's to define & build the product structure for new Policy system.
- Worked with other BA's to build the Feature list and written user stories in Agile Central (Rally) with required artifacts.
- Reviewed wireframes developed by front-end (UI) team and provided required inputs/feedback based on Business need.
- Assisted the Insurance practice team for new proposals and RFPs and partnered with the Insurance practice for adopting best practices and exploring product features.