- 5 years of extensive, diverse and progressive IT experience as a business analyst in deployment of web - based, client-server applications, developing system solutions and business processes forRetail, Banking and Telecomprojects from conceptualization to implementation.
- Extensive experience in gathering Business and Functional requirements.
- Solid understanding development (SDLC) or project life cycle, which includes all phases from discovery/analysis through implementation.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Worked as a Business & Solution Analyst in Agile development model defining User Stories and working with stakeholders taking end to end ownership of the Product features to bring them to closure.
- Experience in developing Business Analysis experience includes conducting JAD sessions, elicitation, requirements gathering, documentation such as Project Charter, BRD, FRD, Traceability Matrix and diagramming data and process mapping using use cases and diagrams, compiling project plans to include resources, deliverables and milestones.
- Experience in conducting JAD Sessions and communicating with Stakeholders, Development Team, SMEs, System Analyst, Business Analyst and Project Manager.
- Strong experience in all aspects of the implementation process/business process re-engineering through 'AS IS', 'TO BE', GAP analysis, Prototyping, Testing, Go-Live and Support.
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules, business process and detailed design of the application.
- Excellent skills in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business modelling and Use Case development using UML Methodology.
- Manage test schedules, write queries against databases to confirm findings, verify results, and perform detailed data analysis and verification
- Extensive experience in business analysis, gap analysis, SWOT Analysis, Feasibility analysis, cost/benefit analysis, risk analysis, testing, development of functional specifications and project planning.
- Extensive working experience on Requirements and Project management using tools like JIRA and created project plans and timelines using Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Desktop Management Tools like Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SQL.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG for test data creation and execution of Test cases.
- Good experience in creating Test Cases on the basis of product features, client requirements and technical documents, developed, executed and maintained Test Scripts, Reviewed and documented system Test Plans.
- Proficient in software testing which involves development of test cases smoke testing, regression as well as functional testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize tasks along with excellent project management, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, organized and results and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Proven capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies.
- Considerable experience working with onshore and offshore development team.
Business Skills: JAD Sessions, SWOT analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum
DBMS: MS Access, MySQL, Oracle
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Mockup Screens
Reporting tools: Tableau Desktop, MS Office Suite
Requirement/Defect Management Tools: MS Office, JIRA, HP QC
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint Server
Programming Languages: CORE JAVA, XML, HTML, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Android, IOS
Applications: Tableau,Microsoft Word,Excel,power pointand Access
Testing Tools: HP QC v10.0,Putty Connectionmanager, SOAP UI, JIRA, Jmeter, Eclipse IDE, Selenium (Selenium IDE, TestNG, Selenium Web Driver)
Confidential, Topeka, KS
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Followed the Agile - Scrum methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements.
- Facilitated Scrum Ceremonies (Sprint Planning Meetings, Daily Standup Meeting, Sprint Review Meetings, and Sprint Retrospective Meetings).
- Activelyinvolved in various e-commerce initiatives, including custom application development and frontend features on the e-commerce platform. The upgrades were done to the legacy platform and new features development for existing retail clients
- Prepared Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document.
- Designed and implemented applications in B2C ecommerce, ERP, CRM, etc.
- Participated in the testing of B2B and B2C websites, including creating test plan and test cases, executing test cases(including regression and ad-hoc testing), and defect management.
- Wrote user requirements and managed business development of new content management system
- Gathered requirements/needs from business users regarding the deployment options and translated them into functional requirements as required for the SAP team.
- Tracked and ensured visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the iteration and release.
- Constantly worked with the project leaders to ensure the team is producing solutions that meet established standards, procedures and practices, address issues, risks and mitigation plans.
- Authored design documentations, Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM), functional specs and complex process and work flow diagrams.
- Incorporated User Stories in different release plans for the sprints in Scrum process.
- Prepared test data from user stories, write and execute test cases in JIRA.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
- Review prototypes, solution blueprints, and project scope to ensure that the needs of the business are being met
- Used MS Project to document the project progress and manage the project resources
- Responsible for giving Knowledge Transfer (KT) sessions of the project to the Production Support Team.
- Training new joiners and developing training material/videos for the same from scratch.
IT Business Analyst
- Worked with the product owner for planning and organizing the project activities, and incommunicating with other business managers and stakeholders of the project.
- Analyzed current business processes to find gaps and weakness in the various banking processes and designed work-flows.
- Generated Gap Analysis of client requirements, workflow process, flow charts and relevant artifacts.
- Produced Process Workflows, System Requirements Specification (SRS), Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Performed as JIRA Administrator in Board creation, Issue Management, Backlogs, Burndown Chart, Cycle Time, Workflow, etc.
- Facilitated Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings
- Removed team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Collaborated with members of the Product, Business and Engineering Teams to develop and maintain Product Backlogs
- Built Strategic Working Relationships.
- Assisted product owner in defining and documenting the vision and scope of the project, also creating the project plan.
- Gathered requirements, developed Process Model and detailed Business Policies.
- Recommended process and system changes intended to eliminate identified risks or gaps.
- Ensured that resource information is seen in a format that is easy to read and relevant, while making sure that the application is accessible both in PC and Mobile platforms.
- Worked with the project manager to estimate best/worst case scenarios, tracked progress with weekly estimates of remaining work to do, conducted information meetings as required.
- Involved in writing and implementing of the test plan and various test cases for UAT.
- Conducted training sessions to familiarize users with the system.
IT Business Analyst
- Used Agile Scrum methodologies for software development life cycle, documenting and working through systems issues as part of an analysis team
- Designed and developed project document templates based on waterfall to manage deliverables and expedite product release
- Co-ordinate workflow among team members and manage project deliverables likeDocument (BRD, FSD) and communicate progress through regular meeting with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare project vision, and project scope document along with the project manager and other team members
- Responsible for gathering user requirements and specifications for making enhancements to the system and documenting the same.
- Developed As-Is and To-Be Business Process Models for complex processes by analyzing the current processes, and gathering information from SME's
- Worked with cross-functional teams including consumer brands, sales, marketing, and IT
- Conducted JAD sessionswith the product owner and scrum team.
- Acted as a liaison between Tech, Business and Testing teams in case anyone has any questions
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case Project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Worked to create Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules through SQL.
- Used MS-Visio and UML for use-case flow diagram and design documentation.
- Schedule and conduct interviews with business users, review systems environment and functionality, research and analyze business processes and obtain signoffs
- Conducted feature testing and functional defects using JIRA
- Assist with the development and execution of detailed system, test cases and test scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Logged, assigned, tracked defects during testing phase of the project using HP Quality Center.
- Assisted Strategy and Architecture manager in enhancing alignment between business processes and Information Technology. Conducted interviews, joint discussions and created Capability Models
- Independently met with senior executives, conducted interviews, gathered data, coordinated demos of vendor products and documented current state.
Environment: MS Access, UML, MS Visio 2008, Microsoft Office 2008, MS Project, Visual Studio 2008 professional, JIRA, Data Loader, Workflow Alerts, Approvals, Validation Rules, Sharing rules, Reports, Standard & Custom Objects, Tabs, Email Templates, Roles, Profiles, HTML, HP Quality center
Jr. Business Analyst
- Worked on Operational Support Systems.
- Used AGILE methodology to manage the software development process extensively.
- Analyzed existing Business units, Business process, System / Application and their Interfaces through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions and prototyping. Prioritized them and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Co-ordinated with documenting processes used agile methodology to write the Business Requirements documents and designed Functional specifications.
- Efficient user story writing skills - Provided ideas as a story-writer to business users and scrum team.
- Served as a liaison between the internal/external business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Participated in design review meetings and translated the requirements to the developers and guided the team when issues related to business requirements arose.
- Worked with Associates and understood the business rules, systems and integrated them into the requirements document and assisted in generation of test cases and test data.
- Created workflows, data diagrams and other industry standard documents to represent client’s business processes.
- Conducted JAD sessions between the business users, Developers, testers & Subject Matter Experts to resolve bottlenecks.
- Played important role into creation of CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) Metric to make analysis and better understand data flows between different systems
- Conducted Risk Analysis to identify the risks associated with developing the patches, and formulated a Mitigation Plan to eliminate or reduce risks of high severity and any major effects.
- Played an active role in performing of Gap Analysis and its documentation.
- Interacted with client to present future functionality of the application and gathered information from them to understand their need and send this information to test manager.
- Worked closely with the application development team, design team and testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Responsible for creating & maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix in order to track the development and QA process.
- Redesign and customize rules to correct false positives in new business development.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration in designing client-specific global rule set
- Interacted closely with QA to finalize the Test strategies and maintained quality assurance using HP Quality Center.
- Provided production support preproduction and post production issue management and defect tracking.
- Performed data validation by creating ad hoc reports for Business Managers.
Environment: UNIX, Epic System, SQL Advantage, MS Visio, Capital Marketing, MS Word, Clear Case, Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, Office 365, ST03N, UAT