- Scrum Master and Business Analyst with 7+ years of experience in Business Development Process and Systems and Data Analysis. Experience with working in the domain of Finance and Banking.
- Certified Scrum Master with over 7+ Years of experience in working with self - organizing and cross-functional teams in Finance and Banking.
- I have worked on both System and Software Development Life Cycles. Software development life cycles includes various traditional methodologies like Waterfall, Spiral and non-traditional methodologies include Agile Philosophies like Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programing (XP), Scaled Agile Framework (4.0), Nexus and Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid.
- Strong understanding and experience in working for regulatory driven projects under International Rating Based Risk
- Weighted Assets calculations (IRB RWA), Pre-Provision Net Revenue forecast, and Comprehensive Capital
- Analysis Review test.
- Proven ability to work with virtual teams (Offshore/Onshore teams), define process improvements, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Expertise in eliciting Business Requirements with various techniques, Joint Application Development (JAD), Interviews, Focus Groups, Document Analysis, Job Shadowing, and Survey/ Questionnaire.
- Proficient in preparing wide range of documents including, High-Level and Low-Level documents such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), Use Case specification, Configuration Document, and RACI matrix (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed).
- Practical experience in working with management in Waterfall to Agile Transformation by Mentoring and Coaching multiple teams at once on Agile Principles and Practices.
- Experienced in Facilitating and Participating in the Scrum Ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective Meetings and other activities like Release Planning Meeting, Product Backlog Grooming Meeting and PI Planning.
- Proficient Scrum Master with skills in facilitating User Story Workshops, Training the teams to better understand Scrum and increase the team’s overall productivity.
- Expert in breaking down the EPICS into User Stories using INVEST Criteria and prioritizing those User Stories by using prioritization techniques like MOSCOW, KANO, Value Based and 100 Point Method.
- Adept in User Story Estimation techniques like Planning Poker, T-Shirt, Relative Mass Valuation, Bucket System.
- Expert in projecting team’s Velocity and Capacity units and tracking team’s Sprint progress by constantly updating the relevant Burn up and Burn down charts for tracking work in progress.
- Experience in enforcing rigorous definition of done at various levels (task, story, sprint, release, road map etc.) for improving the business value of the PSPI (Potentially Shippable Product Increment)/ PI (Product Increment).
- Experience in conducting Impact analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit analysis, Root Cause analysis, Feasibility study, Risk analysis and As-Is and To-Be business analysis and drafting reports.
- Collaborated on creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using Project Online (POL), tracking schedules and milestones.
- Experienced at project managing documentation tasks, bugs, and user stories using Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Experience in handling Change Request Management, effectively implemented change by performing both Business Impact Analysis and Technical Impact Analysis of the change in the scope of the project.
- Experience in building UML diagrams including Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams and transforming the requirements gathered into functional specifications focusing on workflow analysis and design, user interface design, data flow and process flow.
- Expertise in Graphic User Interface (GUI), Mocks-ups using Balsamiq, MS-VISIO, Rationale and Smart Draw.
- Considerable experience gained by extensive client interactions in highly cohesive and loosely coupled Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and 3-tier architecture with strong and in-depth understanding of XML, Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) and SQL across heterogeneous IT environments.
- Proficient with Cloud Environment specially in AWS technologies, such as Amazon Identity and Access Management, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon EMR, Amazon RDS.
- Proficient using JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint and HP ALM for creating individual/group dashboards, making user stories, creating defects, updating tasks and tracking team's work. Coordinated with Scrum Masters to relegate dependencies during the sprint.
- Scripted Business Logic in the web methods of Web Services and documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document through the use XML.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries and stored procedures using joins, unions, outer joins, group by, order by and aggregate functions to extract data from databases (Oracle, SQL Server ) for timely reporting, validation.
- Experienced in API testing using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API’s are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation and required by workflow.
- Worked with QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP ALM.
- Experience in Testing Life Cycle, supervising Black-box Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive, analytical dashboards using Tableau and IBM Cognos/ Power BI for visualization and decision making.
SDLC Methodologies: Traditional Waterfall, Agile Scrum, SAFE, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid
Business Skills: Change Management, Business Rules Management, Problem & Incident Management, Impact Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT Analysis, Risk Management, Conflict Management, Business Process Reengineering.
Business Intelligence tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI, MS Excel
Business Modeling tools: MS Visio, Mockup Screens, Balsamiq, Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Project management tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Office 365 online
Requirement management tools: JIRA, HP ALM, Agile CA (Rally), Confluence.
Data warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, ETL, Slicing/Dicing, Drill down/ Roll up, Data Mapping, Data Profiling, ER Diagram, Dimensional Model.
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), N Tier Architecture
Testing tools: HP QC/ HP ALM, Rational Clear Quest, Load Runner
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, HDFS, HBase.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Assisted Value Stream Engineer (VSE), Release Train Engineer (RTE) and the team in an ART to identify the Dependencies and assist Product Owner to populate the product backlog.
- Facilitated and Time-boxed Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives, Daily Stand-ups and Sprint Reviews and other activities like Backlog Grooming Meeting and Release Planning Meetings.
- Facilitated Story writing sessions to write good user stories satisfying INVEST criteria and splitting them into tasks by satisfying SMART criteria, assisted product owner in prioritizing the product backlog based on business value.
- Attended PI planning workshops and facilitated System Demo, Inspect and Adapt workshops for future sprints.
- Assisted the team in recording the Impediments and identifying the root cause and its future effects on the system and resolving the impediments to aid team in achieving the sprint goals.
- Participated in the Scrum of Scrums (SOS) with other Agile Scrum Masters and the Release Train Engineer (RTE).
- Acted as a Scrum Master for two scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Placed substantial efforts on team member role training, time-boxing and strong metrics for all members of the team.
- Helped the team in prioritizing the product backlog by using prioritization techniques like MoSCoW and Kano based on the business value it generates and estimated them using Estimating Techniques like Planning Poker and T-Shirt Sizing and Relative Mass-Valuation.
- Effectively handled the Requirement Churn during the sprint cycle and added the PBI to the next sprint.
- Tracked team’s velocity using Sprint Burn Down Charts and assisted them to achieve optimum velocity by ensuring that the team is not under/ over committed, keeping track and resolving the Impediments.
- Worked as a liaison between business users and technical teams to update or assisting in modifying the requirements.
- Assisted the Business Stakeholders in predicting the current and future-state business by clarifying and updating the business process changes that are impacted by the technology changes that are part of projects.
- Attended educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices to update and maintain professional, Business, Technical Knowledge constantly.
- Meticulously analyzing complex data, staffing plans and task assignments using SharePoint and MS Excel.
- Coordinating and participated in weekly estimation meetings to provide high-level estimates (Story Points) for backlog items and upcoming change orders. Facilitated System demos in SAFE environment.
- Worked with SME’s to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Communicating Integration Strategy ahead with the systems team and cleared the ambiguities about the integration.
- Improved the Teams efficiency through retrospective feedback by conducting Happy Histogram, Silent Writing Technique and made sure that the necessary improvements are been made for further sprints.
- Assisted and communicated requirements with the team in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) which were used in test-centric development and daily standup meetings, ensuring quality standards were met as per the build release schedule.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques - Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pair Programing and Agile Games.
- Performed ongoing assessment of the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity, at a place that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organization.
- Facilitated and handled the Change Management process by considering the scope of the new requirement, prioritizing based on the business value it generates and no Change Management during Iteration/ Sprint.
- Proficient using JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint for creating individual/group dashboards, making user stories, creating defects, updating tasks and tracking team's work. Coordinated with Scrum Masters to relegate dependencies during the sprint.
Environment: SAFE, Scrum, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), MS Visio, Lucidchart, JIRA, Confluence, Tableau, Swagger, Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services, Amazon EMR, Amazon S3, Hadoop eco-system, Cucumber, UML, and UAT Testing.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Was an advocate and educator of Agile Best Practices. Maintained a strong connection with resources outside the organization to bring in recent research, data, and tools that can help the team improve.
- Engage with Product Management and various stakeholders to understand roadmap and product vision, identify MVP Features for the Year & Quarters, Release Planning, and facilitate estimating sessions with cross functional and Architecture team.
- Plan Scope for Release and Sprints and develop Product Backlog with Client, PO/ BA and Technical Leads.
- Provided technical & business systems and software support for modification, implementation, or conversion of business systems.
- Provide inputs and report to Scrum of Scrum (SOS) meetings, JIRA Review meetings and weekly status reviews.
- Facilitated Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Daily stand-up’s, Demos, Retrospectives, Coordinating and other activities as needed for multiple scrum teams.
- Track and communicate team velocity and release progress which helped teams during planning for upcoming sprints
- Coach project scrum teams to ensure practice of Agile principles and increased level of Self-Organization.
- Facilitate backlog maintenance / grooming and assist PO and Business Analyst to develop acceptance criteria
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve visibility, transparency, and help radiating relevant project communication.
- Acted as a single point of contact for all needs and queries regarding the project
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs and proactively develop and maintain team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Managed Requirement Churn during the project by performing Impact Analysis by checking the feasibility in maintaining the Triple Constraint and discussing them in daily scrum Stand-up.
- Identify and eliminate impediments, prevent distractions, identify and raise risks, facilitate mitigation plan, escalate as required, facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Mock-up screens, SQL Server, MS Visio, JIRA, Swagger, Tableau, UML, and UAT Testing.
- Mentored and Coached the team members on Agile, SAFE, Lean, Kanban practices and standards at Team Level. Established strong Partnership and Co-ordination with the Scrum teams, work stream leads, and product owners.
- Decomposed the scope from the Business Requirements Document (BRD) into User Stories satisfying INVEST criteria by conducting a story writing session with the Product Owner and then defining the Acceptance Criteria for the PSPI.
- Involved in identifying the problem definition as part of continuous process improvement using Define, Measure, Analyze and Improve to support the business community of the organization.
- Effectively communicated weekly project status, burn down charts to executive and business leadership.
- Created bulk tasks for the developers to work on tasks, conducted sync up calls with offshore team and conducted most of the ceremonies over Skype or WebEx.
- Assisted PO in writing User Stories, Use Cases, Workflows, Flow Charts and managed product backlog in JIRA and adding approvals, moving stories, tracking defects, impediments, retrospectives and monitoring burndown chart.
- Worked with Program Leaders and key executive stakeholders to drive ongoing clarity of strategy, decisions, and execution alignment.
- Enforced Kanban principles as a scrum master that resulted in reduction of Cycle time by 20% thus increasing team's throughput.
- Drove visibility and transparency of dates, milestones, and dependencies throughout the PI Process.
- Drove effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups (programs) with competing priorities.
- Made sure User Stories are fulfilling INVEST criteria, and tasks are fulfilling SMART Criteria and assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing the Product Backlog Items (PBIs) using techniques like MoSCoW, Paired comparison and estimated Story Points using Planning Poker
- Facilitated all scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming.
- Monitored and Tracked the team Velocity and Sprint progress using Sprint Burn Down Chart and Product Burn Down Chart. Enforced time box for all the Scrum Ceremonies and assisted the team in resolving the impediments by keeping track on it and dependencies
- Constantly monitored development work, Spike Stories, Technical Debts and worked on removing the impediments to improve team's performance to meet sprint goals.
- Fostered constructive and pro-active communication across organizational boundaries to ensure PI goals and priorities, key decisions, and status is clear to all.
- Defined best-of tooling, automation to optimize data flow and accessibility through Program Teams and the PI Process.
- Had various Retrospective techniques such as Silent writing, MAD/SAD/GLAD, Happiness Histogram to understand team opinion on improvements
- Optimized PI Planning readiness by fostering preparation of Vision, Backlogs, and Ideation processes
- Facilitated Synchronization meetings such as Mid-PI Assessments or Scrum of (SOS) Scrum meetings.
- Participated and hosted in meetings, technical discussion, reviews and release planning.
Environment: : SAFE, Scrum, Mock-up screens, SQL Server, MS Project, MS Visio, Data Warehouse, JIRA, UML.