- A result - oriented Business Analyst with 7+ years of industry experience and expertise in Requirement Life Cycle Management, Business Process Modeling (BPM) and Change Management.
- Possess excellent client interaction and communication skills as well as experience working in complex, cross-functional and geographically dispersed team environments.
- Expertise in Enterprise Analysis, Stakeholder Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Analysis.
- Expertise in Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis, Root Cause Analysis.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Brainstorming sessions, use case walkthrough sessions, Interviews, Questionnaire with stakeholders, and experienced in Prototyping, Document Analysis.
- Experience in modeling requirements and skilled in creating and analyzing Work Flow Diagrams, Data flow diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Proficient in creating UML Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Experience in creating screen Mockups using Axure, Balsamiq.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Experienced in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Change Tracker (CT), Stake Holders Document, Business Case, Use Case Description Document and User Manuals.
- In-depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle including Waterfall, and Agile Scrum.
- Experience in Manual Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), as well as writing Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Experience in conducting End user training sessions.
- Extensive experience with Data Warehousing, Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI) tools and creating Dashboards.
- Possess an understanding of Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and E-Business.
- Experience in identifying Entities and Data Models using Conceptual data Modeling and Logical Data Modeling.
- Experience in Writing SQL queries for Validation, creating database and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML, .Net, Java and Visual Basic Script
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7/8/10, UNIX, LINUX.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i and MS Access, MySQL, Sqlite3.
Business Tools: SQL, MS Visio, Rational Suite, MS Project, MS Access, MS Office Suite, Balsamiq, Axure.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall.
Confidential - Delray Beach, FL
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Involved in requirements gathering from the product owner and clients.
- Participated in meetings with Agile Scrum Team.
- Actively Involved in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with end users.
- Documented the user stories to create the product backlog with the product owners’ input.
- Used the Moscow technique for prioritization of the product backlog items to move onto the appropriate sprints during the sprint planning meetings.
- Analyzed the Iteration Burn Down charts and reviewed defects.
- Conducted the sprint-planning meeting, daily scrum meeting, sprint review meeting and sprint retrospective.
- Detailed reporting on pre-and post-deployment activities and tasks.
- Created Screen Mockups using Balsamiq.
- Assisted Testing teams to build test plans. Approved test cases for requirement verification and to check the functionality of the application.
- Collaborated with QA team to create and instrument test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing and worked with the team on resolving product and document issues.
- Participated in team meetings, ask questions and provide input on case backlog, technical process, and new processes within the department.
- Participating in “Release Readiness Review” status meeting (Go/No-go Process).
- Performing Risk Analysis and strategy analysis.
- Performed QA operations to make sure everything looks good prior to production release.
Environment: Agile, Scrum, Jira, .Net, MS Visio, MS-Office, Balsamiq, Axure, Windows 10, SQL.
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
Role: Business systems Analyst
- Identified the Subject Matter Experts and Project Stakeholders before conducting a stakeholder analysis.
- Participated in the requirement gathering discussion with stakeholders to identify all requirements in detail for membership, claims and provider data.
- Participated in various sessions with Business to understand the business rules and to come up with naming conventions to standardize the data.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) to provide details of each business requirement. ( Membership, Claims, Provider and Client Group)
- Conducted a pre-planning meeting with the product owner to translate the requirements into an initial set of user stories.
- Conducted GAP Analysis to understand the As-Is and the To-Be state of the forward environment.
- Created mapping document and transformation rules from source to target tables.
- Extensively used SQL queries for data verification and Validation at the backend.
Environment: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall (HYBRID), Jira, MS office, MS Visio, Axure, Rational Clear Quest, Microsoft Project Plan.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Understanding of Posting, Check payment, ACH, Mortgage, Lockbox, Fraud and Exceptions.
- Extensively involved in Accounts migration and Data migration from the core Sovereign system to proprietary Santander system.
- Identified and created all necessary Business Use Cases. Created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in the writing the SQL queries and managing the Oracle database for the Posting process.
- Expertise in Performance Management, Asset Management, Credit Management and implementing its benefits.
- Understood the business logic, User requirements and test-objectives to develop test plans, test cases, and test case execution using Test Director.
- Tested the application manually by executing Test Cases prior to Automation.
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives, provided solutions to existing bugs.
- Conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing).Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for the application, for the intended users.
- Provided training to the Users and explaining them the Business as well as the Technical side of the Proprietary Santander system.
- Closely assisted the project manager during project closure by creating Gantt milestones, lessons learned, process presentation and a final end-user feedback overview of post UAT and sign off.
Environment: Waterfall, SQL, UML, UAT, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Visio and MS Project, Rational Clear Quest.