- Over 12 years as a skilled Data/Business analyst with a consistent track record for delivering decision support applications, identifying trends and patterns through data discovery and analysis and creating complex reports.
- Known for effectively gathering data from large disparate data sources, utilizing state of the art analytics, tools, and techniques to meet business challenges.
- Expert in developing new methods of data analysis, KPI reporting, database design, performance measurement and adaptation of existing solutions to new situations
- Adept in analyzing complex business problems across a variety of verticals and industries, resulting in technical development, implementation and delivery of decision support systems
- Proficient in PowerBi, SAS, SQL, R, Tableau, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, VBA
- Skilled at sourcing and extracting data from a variety of databases to provide a roadmap for further development and analytic use
- Solid performance of data quality, validation, and verification of data used in manipulation and management
- Strong capability of generating complex reporting design and delivery including storytelling and data visualization.
- Professional communication, presentation, and organizational skills coupled with multi - tasking, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
Data Visualization, Dashboarding, Story telling
Reporting and Report Design
Excel, PowerPivot, VBA
PowerBi, DAX, PowerQuery and PowerView
Teradata, SQLServer, MS Access
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Scientific Business Analyst
- Gather data from ServiceNow, MySQL, AWS, PostgresSQL databases and create datasets in PowerBi.
- Producing financial reporting for projects that are integrating an acquired company with BMS using PowerBi.
- Perform edits and checks/data cleansing to ensure data is appropriate.
- Deliver reports, dashboards, and data sets to allow management and analysts the ability to plan, monitor and mitigate projects and issues as required.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Responsible for univariate and bi-variate analysis of claims data pulled from EDW Enterprise data warehouse
- Provided decisions and resolutions to analytic/data problems require synthesis of concrete information from several sources.
- Completed data reconciliation and provided Excel pivot table views for management review.
- Performed reporting and analysis for problems that required synthesis of information from multiple data sources. The deliverables were broad in nature such as reports, charts and graphs including dashboards in Excel and Tableau.
- Met with customers to review business requirements and define parameters of the project, confirmed deliverables and deadlines with the customer, and superiors.
- Documented new process so that it can be leveraged for possible future customer requests.
- Devised strategy for producing deliverables from information stored in the client's data warehouse, selected and utilized the most appropriate analytic tool, as well as to build process efficiencies.
- Analyzed data results from the data pull to ensure deliverables have been met and provided summary analysis to customer. The analytics produced called upon more research, or possibly more additional work.
Confidential, Long Island, NY
Business Analyst Consultant
- Supported senior level analyst for Rate modernization initiative for. Business plan development and coordination with internal and external stakeholders, new rate proposals, intermediate/advanced Excel and statistical analysis, project planning and reporting.
- Performed industry research on best practices and lessons learned, local customer research analysis, customer communication planning and creative development, message development and testing, website design and enhanced rate modernization plan preparation.
Data Analyst Consultant
- Provided SAS, Advanced Excel, CluePoints, and Tableau for companies including Confidential (pharmaceuticals) and TP ICAP (financial).
- Completed data analysis project including data quality assessment, risk-based monitoring, and reporting ( Confidential ).
- Completed data migration combining data sets from US and Europe into a single usable format for generating a comprehensive country-wide database).
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Lead Decision Support Analyst, Enterprise Analytics
- Analyzed insurance and clinical data looking for trends using SAS and SQL programing and querying large datasets from Teradata and Oracle
- Created complex computer programs to build large customized datasets that provided a base for further analysis leading to decision reporting
- Used advanced formulas, pivot tables, and data visualization in Excel and Tableau against customized datasets, created reports, presentations, and dashboards, that addressed specified business questions
- Created and enhanced SAS programs to automate delivery, minimize run-time, and maximize the efficiency of report development and delivery.
- Ensured decisions for new projects and strategic initiatives were based on analytics of electronic medical record data, registry data, and various other sources summarized and presented to leadership.
- Provided leadership within the Analytics team through on-boarding and training of new staff
- Worked with multiple internal clients — physicians, administrators and university researchers to provide sound decision support for their individual projects and analysis needs
- Increased Confidential ’s revenue by $150K by providing large customized data sets designed to facilitate grant funding research of autism treatment in various insured populations.
Environment: Windows, SAS, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basic (VBA), Teradata, Tableau, MS Excel, R
Confidential, Suffern, NY
Sr. Data Analyst
- Senior Data Analyst that utilized the Billing Database for gathering, analyzing and creating monitoring metrics and KPIs in support of management decisions
- Created, modified, and optimized complex SQL queries to address different department data needs for decision making, including for the Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Worked with internal partners to define data and solutions to support marketing, finance, and taxation business processes
Environment: Windows, MS Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basic (VBA), SAS, SQL Server, T-SQL, Tableau, MS Excel
Data Analyst, Marketing
- Oversaw projects to create self-service data extraction applications, tools and reports
- Produced requirements documents and specifications to build out datasets to run queries for desired reports.
- Developed and delivered testing requirements and the subsequent use cases, user stories, and interface storyboarding
- Facilitated meetings between domain experts and developers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications
- Extracted and manipulated data, then analyzed it to create reports using Excel, Access, and Tableau.
- Trained the Marketing Prognoses functional group’s new analysts on proper methods of writing SQL, internal database structures, and company reporting standards
Environment: Windows, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basic (VBA), Access, SQL Server, T-SQL, SAS, Tableau, MS Excel
Senior Data Analyst
- Automated a manual process that led to the development of an application that cut process time for an Order System by more than 75%
- Elicited and extracted data during requirements discovery to ensure it supported the stakeholder’s expectations
- Gathered and translated user requirements into functional specs that were validated by Business groups, Users, and Senior Management
Environment: Windows, UNIX, PL/SQL, MS Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basic (VBA), SAS, Oracle, MS Excel
Business & Data Analyst
- Managed production systems for Pharma, Packaging, and Telecommunications clients
- Performed system enhancements and upgrades using SAS on Unix and coordinated with upstream and downstream applications to determine impacts
- Validated plausibility of suggested modifications to systems, implemented approved changes and ensured output remained compliant.
Environment: Windows, UNIX, SAS, MS Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basic (VBA), MS Access, Oracle, MS Excel
Confidential, Washington, DC
SAS Application Developer & Analyst
- Developed SAS programs and macros to integrate existing SAS programs with production systems that supported the Job Openings Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS).
- Developed programs and systems using SAS on Unix platform to support JOLTS survey design research in accordance with BLS standards, time frames, and priorities, as specified by the Task Monitor.
- Assisted a team of 12 in the maintenance, modifications and updates of the JOLTS system
Environment: Windows, Base SAS, SAS/ODS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS Development Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/SQL, UNIX, SAS/STAT, MS Excel