- Over 8 years of experience as Business Analysis. Understanding of Unified Modeling Language (UML), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Object Oriented Analysis and Design Concepts (OOAD), Business Process Re - engineering (BPR), Test Lifecycle, Multi-tier Web Applications, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA),
- Proficient in business process modeling, documentation, and testing using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, RequisitePro, SoDA, ClearQuest, Robot) as well as MS Visio and MS Project in combination with UML 2.0 diagramming techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of creating use case, activity, logical, component and deployment views with rational tools to extract business process flows and workflows thereby helping development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
- Results-oriented Joint Application Development (JAD) Facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Serve as liaison among PeopleSoft HCM stakeholders in HR and Payroll to elicit, analyze, document and validate requirements or changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Gather requirements, review requirements with developers and conduct first round testing forPeopleSoft HRMS enhancements, reports and data interfaces.
- Facilitate weekly change request review meetings with functional analysts and application owners in HR and Payroll to prioritize work assigned to the PeopleSoft HCM development team.
- Work closely with PeopleSoft HCM developers to review requirements and unit test to ensure user satisfaction.
- Manage the scoping and pricing process for post-implementation projects across multiple Workday functional areas including Core HR, Compensation, Benefits, Talent and Performance Management, Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking, Custom Reports, Security, and Integrations
- Strong expertise supporting CRM, HRIS and multiple proprietary business systems
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes and corrective actions
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development.
- Strong oral and exceptional written business communication skills
- Hard working, positive thinking, self starter with a strong goal orientation
- Excellent meetings facilitator with excellent inter-personal and conflict resolving skills.
- Proven success as a business analyst through the years, providing a well-balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
Software: OOD, RUP, UML, SDLC, Waterfall, QA, WAP,CVS,TEAMMATE, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DBA, Windows, basic UNIX, HTML, basic DHTML, basic XML, MS Office Suite-Excel Macros, Project, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Rational- Rational Rose, Rational XDE, DOORS, RequisitePro, CaliberRM, Crystal Reports, various NIKU products, C, C++, Sharepoint, Docushare, BASIC, Intermediate level-Visual Basic
Confidential, Iowa, IA
Sr. Workday Business Analyst
- Closely involved in defining project scope and identifying discrete enhancement efforts as individual tasks or sub-projects and prioritizing them.
- Prepare and facilitate HRIS workshops to determine performance metrics, user reporting requirements, data definitions, data quality, and data warehouse access and security
- Working on office staff and performance of duties for Performance Reviews, time and attendence and office staff payroll.
- Developed a process for managing, tracking and verifying defects and fixes thereof for all HRIS Functional /Technical Business Requirements.
- Developed the Human Resource Information System(HRIS) system based on Agile Methodology
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and SME and document them using Requisite Pro - the documentation tool offered by Rational.
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set-up, also created User Documentation and conducted training classes.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to strategize the implementation of Rational Unified Process Methodology in different iterations and phases of the project.
- Extensively worked on the ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports requirements
- Performed in-depth analysis and gathered business requirements for clients website redesign project
- Documented existing business process using UML based activity diagrams.
- Analyzed web site usability using data gathered from the existing website.
- Develop complex standard and ad-hoc reports and queries for analysis, controls, and/or reporting using Workday HR/Payroll systems.
- Followed Iterative approach for the enhancement effort and divided the requirements in two phases for phased development (as suggested in the RUP).
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Created the business process model using MS Visio for better understanding of the system and presented it to Project Manager and other team members for validation.
- Provide functional, testing, and issue management support for the Reporting module of Workday, including review, testing, and training during updates.
- Developed Prototypes and conducted requirement walkthroughs with technical team to communicate requirements to them.
- Coordinated usability workgroups for the re-designed site prototypes, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in Excel sheet for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Very closely involved in all phases of SDLC from gathering requirements to testing.
- Created User Acceptance Test Plan and coordinated UAT for the site redesign project
- Used Cognos BI for operational reporting.
- Worked closely with developers for analysis of the application.
- Created test plans/scripts and performed UAT and batch testing
Environment: Load Runner, Windows, SQL, MS Word, MS Excel, Ms-Visio, Cognos BI, MS Project, Clear-Quest, RationalTestManager, Lotus Notes R6 client, Notes SAS.
Confidential, New York, NY
Workday Business Analyst
- Responsible for understanding the current process and developing potential workflows for distribution of New Issues
- Responsible for identifying various business needs and requirements and presenting them to the user.
- Developed the process for implementation of these requirements.
- Completed a four day HCM Fundamental Workday course at Workday Atlanta training site.
- QA Workday security testing for Domains and Assigned Roles. Used HP Quality Center.
- Gathered the requirements for Active Directory Alignment for Workday conversion.
- Gathered the requirements for the Taleo to Workday inbound & outbound Integration business requirements.
- Gathered the requirements for the Lumesse to Workday inbound & outbound integration business requirements.
- To develop test scripts and test cases for various releases of the project.
- Used intermediate staging environment for HRIS analytical reporting needs, and existing data provisions. Used HPW power query to develop reports from new database
- Created simplified templates for market analysis using the available data and mapping it to the data elements in the HRIS systems.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Collaborated with project manager in tracking and managing project development process following Rational Unified Process (RUP) based SDLC methodologies.
- Fulfilled business objectives including implementation, administration, support and documentation for HRIS System
- Provided functional PeopleSoft expertise to end users and the technical team.
- Assisted with the ongoing global implementation of the PeopleSoft Financials system
- To Develop Business Requirement Document and Use Cases.
- Participate in discussions and team meetings for improving the efficiency for data conversion and global template solution. Training end users for using the Workday HRIS system through workshops.
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set-up, also created User Documentation and conducted training classes.
- Lead Business Intelligence reports development efforts by working closely with Microstrategy, Teradata, and ETL teams
- Used Visio to develop Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Analyzed and discussed the business and functional requirements for the application under construction.
- Worked with the quality assurance team so as to test different releases and to develop test plans and test cases.
- Conducted training sessions for the end users and documented various training manuals.
- Mapped functional and business requirements.
- Validation and Verification accountability for all the deliverables of s/w development projects
- Acted as a liaison between the technical group and business users (staff and management).
- Created test cases and scripts
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation
- Involved in Regression and Load testing
- Involved in UAT, Batch testing,test plans, documentation of test reports etc.
- Worked with JCL for testing the Mainframe application
- Involved in the system workflow analysis and contributed to the overall work flow diagram for the website.
Environment: Load Runner, ASP.NET, Windows, SQL, MS Word, MS Excel, Ms-Visio, Cognos BI, MS Project, Clear-Quest, Rational Test Manager, Lotus Notes R6 client, Notes SAS
Confidential, Woodbridge, NJ
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards. This included vendor selection process.
- Tested validity and integrity of the calculation engines for Deferred Annuities, Past Services Pension adjustments.
- Performed GAP analysis for Billing Project. Identified GAPs between the existing system and the vendor’s billing base product, Renaissance Billing System (RBS). Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Developed advanced, interactive and automated reports using T-SQL, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Essbase and Microsoft Access.
- Worked closely with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team and Business Intelligence Architecture team to understand repository objects that support the business requirement and process.
- Manage Output Release Production of all business issues in Annuities, involving implementation of new or enhanced features to statements, confirmations/letters, contracts, applications, and/or products.
- Developed & implemented "Business Intelligence Solution" using "IBM COGNOS" for various business applications.
- Interacted with the area SMEs to gather requirements by conducting and leading JAD sessions, for Payroll group deductions to prepare Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) ensuring that the requirements complied with the business procedures and policy requirements.
- Preparing the SAT (support acceptance test cases) for the new software what is going to be released in production & doing the testing of the same in preproduction environment.
- Authored BRDs and FRDs (which includes creating mockups and screens) for different kinds of clients (Direct and Payroll), different kinds of policies (Liability, Liability Plus etc)
- Developed the testing strategy, test plans, test cases, test scenarios and used Mercury Quality Center as a test management tool.
- Performed business process research/analysis/modeling and data mapping
- Developed use cases with UML for new product functionality. Created UML diagrams using Visio
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines
- Involved in authoring the Project Standards, Project Charter, Project Scope document
- Performed functional, regression and user acceptance testing on GUI
- Updated, maintained, and promoted Test Plans, Scripts and cases
- Performed UAT and conducted training sessions
Environment: Waterfall, SharePoint, .Net, SQL server, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts, Excel, ClearCase, Windows XP, QTP, MS Visio, MS Project, Crystal Reports
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Business Analyst/PeopleSoft Consultant
- Support requirements triage in MQC to select release specific requirements - identify relationships and dependencies between requirements, estimate technical effort and perform Impact Analysis.
- Responsible for PeopleSoft architecture and technology on Implementation project for PeopleSoft HCM 9.0
- Facilitated JAD sessions and design meetings with the Stakeholders, SME’s and Leads of Interfaces.
- Performed requirements modeling and develop analysis diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and use-case realizations using RUP tools in Agile.
- Manage changes to requirements through change control -clear case, MQC, Documentum.
- Gathered requirements to upgrade the Time and Attendance system from a client server to a web-based application with three methods of time entry; Time Clocks, Web and Teletime IVR.
- Worked closely with developers to define time calculations for regular overtime and special overtime pays.
- Modified payroll and timekeeping processes for FLSA changes.
- Led the in-house timekeeping system integration testing for release 2 of PeopleSoft My HR project, which involved converting the timekeeping and payroll systems
- Defined requirements to automate the daily imports from PeopleSoft into the Phoenix system.
- Worked with Peoplesoft administrators to define the different security groups needed for different roles.
- Customized Accounts Payable (A/P) pay-cycle process to create a lights out pay-cycle. Modifications required the integration of PeopleSoft Accounts Payable with Control-M scheduler.
- Resolved issues with check printing, Crystal Reports, positive payment and Accounts Payable voucher matching functionality.
- Bring outsourced Oracle E-Business Suite support in-house, improve business processes.
- Customize and extend the Oracle E-Business Suite using flexfields, Forms Personalization, Oracle 10g PL/SQL and SQL*Plus scripts
- Designed new Business Intelligence (BI) system using Oracle Discoverer 10g to provide reporting under Oracle Applications.
- Led the development of a training program to train users on a custom web application and a Cognos ad-hoc reporting environment.
- Reviewed requirements and answered questions from off-shore testing groups to test key functionality changes with the upgrade.
- Attended Workforce Connect training and assisted Timekeeper administrators with their functions such as reporting Genie and automating workflow approvals.
- Worked closely with the vendor to define work rules for different types of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Prepared Business Object / Business Process Models that included modeling of all the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Gathered requirements to build an interface that loads employee demographic and Peoplesoft specific data directly from the HR system. Employee data appears in the Workforce Timekeeper application within 20 minutes.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefit laws and regulatory requirements; experience working with vendors to update SPD’s; experience administering FMLA, disability, and workers’ compensation leaves
- Created customized report using OLAP Tools such as Crystal Report for business use
- Met with the internal training team to review functional changes for their preparation of web-based training for regular employees and managers approving timesheets.
- Produced metrics which provide management insight into the requirements process, to include, status, size, volatility, quality, effort, etc.- Visio, Rational Tools, Traceability Matrixes.
- Performed after Action/Post Milestone Reviews and quality reviews to ensure that developed software products met the business needs and are in compliance with RUP and CMMi 3.
Environment: Windows, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Visual Source Safe, Test Director 7.6, Quick Test Pro (QTP)
Confidential, Hudson, OH
- Responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, detailed process flow design, user acceptance testing and rollout of new & modified feature functionality deployed on the E-commerce website applications.
- Conducted project discovery through the interviewing of key stakeholders' to flush out business rules, operational specifications and interface specification solutions to address identified business opportunities and/or strategic initiatives.
- Gathered and validated requirements, resulting in detailed business rules, functional requirements and process design.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Used iRise Application Simulator to create web.20 effects to make web pages more interactive.
- Generated Statements of Work for the Design and Implementation of CRM solutions based on Salesforce.com Methodology.
- Prepared graphical depictions of use cases (activity diagrams, system context diagrams, sequence Diagrams use case diagrams, wire frames, etc...).
- Identified system, data and process dependencies for upstream and downstream application data flow.
- Generated requirements from Feedback (from FA’s) / Users’ requirements via CRM (SFDC or Salesforce.com).
- Employed Rational Clear Quest for effective Change Management (Scope Creep) and bug tracking during the testing lifecycle.
- Used the DataStage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforms, integrating and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Well versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) i.e. Requirement(s) gathering & analyzing, Design/redesign, Implementation and Testing.
- Participated Testing and Evaluation of projects at established integration points to assess progress and identify key functionality issues.
- Tracked UAT issues/bugs and prepared reports.
- Performed job of contact point for all stakeholders (business, legal, compliance, development).
- Took approvals from business owners for business requirements
- Was involved n the creation of new E-Commerce Products (Arrival Notices and Customized Reporting)
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments through surveys and interviews.
- Involved in prioritizing the defects and writing business requirements to resolve them.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Support for a major effort to improve the Warehouse Management System (WMS) capabilities of Supply Chain.
- Performed requirements modeling and develop analysis diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and use-case realizations using RUP tools in Agile/Scrum.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Create technical design documentation for the data models, data flow control process, metadata management.
- Create and maintain data model/architecture standards, including master data management (MDM).
- Supported traders for front office operations like order management.
- Analyzed the data collected and process maps to determine the root causes and identify opportunities.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frame with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies
- Created business requirement documents and integrated the requirements and underlying platform functionality.
- Interfaced between Business new product builders and System platform builders.
Environment: RUP, AGILE, UAT, iRise, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), B2B, B2C, MS Visio, Java, J2EE technology, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server,Rational Clear Quest,informatica, Windows Advanced Server, UNIX / Oracle Platform.