- Over 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst and contributed to the design, development and implementation of enterprise applications from Workday HCM, HRIS, Workday Integrations, Confidential HRM migration, Change Management and Digitization of Financial and Banking systems.
- I collaborate with cross - functional teams for Requirements Gathering, document Epics and User Stories, apply Data Modeling techniques for Service integration and execute ETL projects for enterprise reporting.
- I have great knowledge in Workday architectures, conduct data migration and data Integration testing, use Workday tools for data integration, write simple to complex Reports in data analysis.
Workday Skills: Workday Studio, EIBs, Core Connectors, Document Transformation, Workday Report writer Tool, Calculated Fields and Workday BP’s.
Test Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Web Driver, Confidential Test Manager, Coded UI, Confidential Load Runner.
Project Management Tools: Atlassian JIRA, Rally, Confluence, MS Project
Databases: MS Access, DB2, Confidential, MS SQL Server2016
Platforms: Windows server 2016-R2, Mainframe, Ubuntu, iOS, Citrix
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Workday Business Analyst
- Worked on Workday HCM/Financial Management with Substantial functional and Technical expertise in Financials solutions and HR Business Processes.
- Worked in all phases of the Workday implementation and support after Go live.
- Function as Business Analyst producing artifacts using BA standards/Tools. i.e. Scope doc, BRD, FRS, Workflows, and Interface prototypes.
- Conducted JAD / brainstorming sessions with HR Business partners, SMEs, HR Coordinators, Benefits administrators, and Third-Party Service providers, to elicit Functional, Non-Functional, Business Rules and then subsequently model them.
- Translated customer requirements into formal requirements and design documents, and lead the efforts including programming and testing of the new design features.
- Worked on various modules such as Core HR, Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, Compensation, Time and Absence Management and provided frequent demos to the business teams.
- Provided troubleshooting support for functional and technical production issues, coordinated with Workday using their case management system.
- Part of an 8 -member workday team in developing and implementing quality-assurance and quality-control methodologies for Confidential to ensure compliance with QA standards and customer specifications.
- Provided client developer teams with detailed reports on quality metrics, identified bugs/flaws and recommended fixes.
- Worked closely with Product Owner, Functional and Development teams to make sure test scenarios captured have adequate coverage of the requirements.
- HR - Designed and Executed Test Scenarios/cases for Recruiting, IAM and SSO Inbound/Outbound Integrations.
- Benefits- Designed and Executed Test Scenarios/cases for Benefits (Vision, Medical and Dental) Eligibility and Deduction Files.
- Payroll - Created various test cases for Payroll Integrations which involved different Staffing Events and data changes for the employee records.
- Hands on Experience in Payroll Processing - Retro, Run Pay Calculations and launched Integrations after Payroll Settlement step.
- Compensation - Designed and Executed Test Scenarios/cases for Allowance and Bonus plan Reports.
- Tested Workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission, and merit plans for multiple countries including merit and bonus plan processing.
- Finance - Worked on multiple Finance Inbound Integrations between OnBase sales application system and Workday.
- Validated Supplier Invoice data and approved payments through Settlement Run process.
- Tested Journal Ledger Inbound integrations with Import Journal Ledger and Submit Journal Ledger Web services.
- Created Advanced, Matrix and Composite Custom Reports using Report Writer.
- Tested Workday integrations using Sandbox, Sandbox Preview and Testing Tenants.
- Responsible for Interface testing on integrations that were developed via Core Connectors, EIB’s and Studio for Payroll, Benefits, Core HR and Finance.
- Documented and updated support tickets for production and break fix scenarios.
- Worked in Agile methodology in 2-week sprint cycles, reported to Scrum team on daily s and coordinated test results.
- Managed test executing in Agile model, coordinated with Scrum team and provided QA estimates to user stories and sub-tasks.
Environment: Workday (Testing Tenants, Sandbox and Sandbox Preview) Workday EIB, Core Connectors, Document Transformation, Report Writer, Workday Studio, Oxygen XML editor, SQL Developer, JIRA, Confluence and Office 365.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Workday IT Business Analyst
- Partnered with Workday integration analyst, business stakeholders, HR and Payroll team to develop requirements for integration.
- Worked with Confidential entities in Belgium, Russia, Turkey, Israel, Philippines and Vietnam by understanding their current landscape and downstream systems and try to fit in the target global solution overview and solution it all through Workday.
- Configured assigned areas in Workday such as create pay groups and setup auto-assignment rules, setup external payroll earnings and deductions and tie it to the compensation element, create work shifts and work schedules.
- Documented process/system changes to assist in gap analysis on "As-Is" state versus "To-Be" state of various functionality in Workday HCM system
- Worked on calculated fields using functions Lookup Related value, Evaluate Expression, True/False Conditions, single and multi-instances and Formatting date, text and number calculated fields etc.
- Proposed solutions to address the functionality gaps and challenges from discovery and by conducting early analysis.
- Worked on the PICOF to send data migration from Workday across to NGA the payroll solution partner.
- Configured various field overrides to add in new fields required by the payroll vendor.
- Performed PICOF test runs in test environment to replicate the exact output in the xml files.
- Tied the STUDIO and the pay slip integrations to the PICOF module and conducted integration testing to ensure data exchange.
- Performed integrations like EIB’s to mass upload data up to 5000 records into Workday.
- Tested out configurations, mass uploads via EIB’s etc. in Sandbox before moving them into the production tenant before Go-Live.
- Tested errors in SYNC by checking the staging table in GWN to see if any employee’s record has flown through. Would coordinate with appropriate teams to resolve errors or engage the GWN support team.
- PI tested the confidential’s to check for any impacts on the payroll interface running in GWN.
- Coordinated with the GWN team, Core 12 team to check for sync errors and downstream impact caused by the EIB.
- Worked on confidential’s like Submit Payment Elections, Edit Position, Change rmation, Maintain Contact information, Change Legal Name, Change Service Date etc.
- Created a test evidence every time to document the steps and precautions taken to run the EIB.
- Coordinated with SIT and UAT teams to get the test tenants configured and ready before testing.
- Get pre-SIT activities like configurations, mass uploads, get security access completed before testing team begins SIT.
- Participated in the report audit process to ensure the stale reports have been cleaned from the system and the reports follow the best practices of the Reporting team.
- Created custom reports related to data changes, payroll changes, provided recommendations for and ultimately delivering new reports as corporate goals change. This includes the identification of any people data gaps/opportunities that could take reporting / Dashboards to another level.
- Created data migration and cutover reports that would then be sent to NGA to load the Workday data into payroll exchange (PEX) which would then be sent by them to the local payroll vendors to run the respective countries payroll.
- Create report specific and integration specific calculated fields
- Clarified QA team issues and Reviewed test plans to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Assist in testing of new releases and many Business Processes like Hire, Job Change, Promote, Transfer, Terminate, Compensation changes, Employee Self Service process, Manager Self-service processes, etc.
- Created validation rules for different business processes and moved them to production after testing them in sandbox.
- Developed a custom use- based security role for a Director to view the Compensation for the Employees under couple of the cost centers.
Environment: Workday Studio, Confidential ALM, Office365, UML, SSRS, SQL Server 2016, MS Excel, PICOF, HCM.
Confidential, Westminster, CO
Business Analyst/Workday Implementation
- Involved in full Lifecycle implementations, which included Discovery Phase, Planning, Gap Analysis, Development, Testing, Reporting, Go-live and Post Go-live support of Workday modules (HCM - Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management, US Payroll).
- I was the subject matter expert and have coordinated system migration, conducted system analysis, troubleshoot and resolved HRIS issues to completion with a focus on continuous improvement and resolved issues in WD implementation.
- Used Agile development for resolving issues in Production and based on priority, development and QA estimates for delivery.
- Responsible for creating EIB loads for data load in the migration process, including ensuring that data is complete and accurate prior to completing the loads. These included mandatory increase EIBs, acquisition data loads, and reorgs.
- Used SharePoint integration tools and Office365 for effective documentation of workflows, design of prototype models for visual graphs using MS Visio, demonstrate PowerPoint presentations, generate custom reports - Simple, Advanced and Matrix reports to meet client requirements within Workday tenant.
- Worked with SMEs to understand the client business requirements, configured and tested the end-to-end business processes.
- Subject Matter Expert and coordinated Testing efforts for the HCM, Payroll, and Absence application.
- Configured QA system with Workday roles like Employee, Manager, Partners and Admin account to manage user security to the system and configured system to meet Trimble HR and HCM needs.
- Documented system and API requirements for integrations, use EIB loader for data and workflow migration from legacy system.
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions and Change requirements.
- Participated as part of the team responsible for Trimble’s Workday support helpdesk which services employee questions, data requests, report requests, access issues, including global WD accounts and supervisory organization maintenance.
- Worked closely with development and functional QA teams, coordinated UAT testing across WD business process workflows.
- Worked closely with environments team to ensure efficient and stable builds are delivered for testing and implementation.
- Diagnosed functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution and worked with Production Support teams.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Test manager for User Acceptance Testing.
- Managed incoming case queue, resolved customer cases quickly and effectively in line with our service level agreements.
Environment: Workday Studio, Confidential HRM, Confidential ALM, Office365, UML, SharePoint2013, SSRS, Confidential Fusion, OBIEE, Reports.
Workday Systems Analyst
- Worked with implementation partners and involved in testing Workday HCM and Finance system implementation that includes business processes and integrations with other inbound and outbound systems.
- Interacted with QA and Development teams for requirement analysis and development of test strategy.
- Developed Test Strategy and Test Plan documents to outlay the functional and integration testing requirements.
- Involved in complete lifecycle implementations, which included Discovery Phase, Planning, Development, Testing, Reporting, Go-live and Post Go-live support of Workday modules (HCM - Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management, Payroll).
- Worked with HRIT team to understand the platform tools and technology, understand data sources and WORKDAY application portfolio. I have done document analysis and reviewed requirements from Client teams.
- Created Test Scenarios, Test Data, Test Cases based on the requirements.
- Worked on various modules such as Core HR, Benefits, Time and Absence, Payroll, Recruiting, Talent and Compensation.
- Created different custom reports including matrix reports, advanced reports, composite reports on all modules, which includes Compensation, Benefits, Core HR, and Payroll.
- Tested Supervisory organizations with appropriate hiring restrictions, Compensation packages, Cost centers and grouping them into the managerial hierarchy.
- Worked on testing Compensation Packages to group together the compensation guidelines and compensation plans that could be assigned to an employee all at once.
- Performed Integration testing, Performance and Acceptance testing of Workday application after web-services confirmation, performed data validation and data migration testing of users from legacy system.
- Attended daily status calls to discuss the testing progress.
- Worked with Business teams in defining business Use Cases, test plans for business scenarios and conducted Acceptance testing, recorded defects from business priority in Confidential ALM and worked on defect resolution.
- Participated in Agile meetings, worked with Business Analyst for User Story estimates, attended Sprint Reviews and gave presentations on test data results and data consumption to Dev teams, attended Sprint Retrospective meetings for issues and pain-points and business process improvements.
Environment: Workday EIB, Core Connectors, Document Transformation, Report Writer, Workday Studio, XML, XSLT, SOAP, Confidential ALM, SQL Developer, SOAP UI, .Net, RESTful Client, SOAP, Web Service API, JIRA, Confluence, U-Deploy, Office 365