- Solutions - driven healthcare Senior Business Analyst with experience leading cross-functional teams in the development, documentation and execution of data backed process innovations. Proven ability to simplify complex processes into digitally actionable insights. Implements innovative solutions that reduce patient readmissions, decrease time spent in post-acute care, drive facility revenue and transform healthcare organizations into fresh, cost efficient operations.
Confidential - Manhattan, NY
- Responsible for implementing interfaces from kick off to go-live including maintaining project plans, coordinating tasks within project plans, communicating requirements, and weekly status reports.
- Technical liaison between external partners and internal Confidential teams for integration enhancements, migrations, upgrades and implementations.
- Worked with programmers to visualize message data in Tableau which significantly increased early identification of interfaces that were down.
- Effective written and verbal communicator, comfortable leading conference calls and meetings with multiple teams with different expertise.
- Provided data and ideas in order to assist with conflict resolution and decision making btw both internal and external business customers
- Works with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes to improve Medicare BPCI-A business operations.
Confidential - Brooklyn, NY
Senior Business Analyst
- Technical liaison between internal and external business unit stakeholders and technical teams for implementations, ongoing support of critical data systems, and third-party system interface buildouts.
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external business stakeholders via exceptional written and verbal communication skills in order to manage competing priorities while working on multiple projects in fast paced environment.
- Produce financial analytics, business insights, business analytics, reports, metrics and data visualizations to improve financial forecasting, cost budgeting, and operational decision making, including executive level dashboards.
- Developed claim matrix to visualize claim payment path which reduced redundant vendors by 25%.
- Lead compliance initiative with Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS) updating compliance from 60% to 95%.
- Completed ad-hoc data analytic reporting requests for executive staff and departmental managers via researching disparate datasets and presentations to support strategic performance management and analysis of revenue initiatives.
- Compiled internal documents and modeled business processes with emphasis on workflow driven requirements, identified areas of improvement for day to day as well as long-term strategic planning.
- Exposure to Health Care Industry standards like HIPAA / PHI and various data types Eligibility (835, 837,276,277) and Lab HL-7.
- Used problem solving skills to independently analyze unpaid outpatient claims leading to an estimated 2M YOY untapped revenue opportunity for the organization.
Confidential - Chatham, NC
Senior Business Analyst
- Collaborate with cross-functional team inclusive of Physicians, IT staff, and Contractors to determine user requirements and implementation goals.
- Technical support for Confidential clinical and financial user complaints, system issues, and technical requests.
- Created ad-hoc data analytics reports and visualizations for presentation to department managers and executive staff to support analytical insight backed decision making.
- Compiled and organized internal documents on Confidential workflows and best practices for project transition team.
- Worked on various data types from Eligibility to Lab (HL-7) transactions/data feeds with various file formats (csv, .txt).
- Improved user experience during migration via exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Acted as SME on EPIC project and assisted both internal and external teams to learn more about the EPIC project and data.
Confidential - New York, NY
- Created, updated and maintained project tracking system in Microsoft Excel keeping track of Project Status, Deadlines, and Compliance Issues.
- Used SQL for digging up data for research and analysis on VTE, ED Throughput, and Stroke metrics.
- Collaboratively lead technical implementations and process improvements that resulted in site being awarded 1.2M in meaningful use funding.
- Lead training, development and mentoring for 22 nursing assistants across multiple Confidential applications.
- Provided customer service, analytics and problem solving for application software issues.
- Compiled internal documents related to physician documentation and system workflows in order to ensure documentation accuracy and streamline documentation workflow.
- Created ad-hoc analytics, reporting, visualizations and dashboards for department managers and executive staff to support business and departmental performance management.
- Worked on the Change Request Process and Created the CR’s increasing system efficiency.
Confidential - Westwood, MA
Applications Implementation Specialist
- Successfully implemented and transitioned to support 10 Emergency Departments (ED).
- Collaborated with cross functional teams inclusive of Physician Documentation, Order Entry, and Programming to create internal workflow documents that decreased redundant efforts and improved operational efficiency.
- Ran ad-hoc reporting requests for internal and external staff in order to help problem solve customer issues.
- Managed customer expectations in dynamically fast paced environment of the ED via excellent verbal and written communication leading to a decrease in the amount of customer complaints.