- More than 13 years of experience in the field of Business Analysis, Project Management, Organizational Change Management, Business Process Design, Software Verification and Validation.
- Have good knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements, analysis/design, development, and testing.
- Gathered and translated business requirements for multiple analytical Business Intelligence Applications using Business Objects & Data Warehousing technologies.
- Experienced in developing Project Management parameters including Requirements Management Plan, Communication Plan, identifying Risks and its corresponding Risk Response Plan and Transition Check list.
- Highly skilled in eliciting user demands and translating them to data, functional and usability requirements.
- Good experience in conducting JAD sessions, writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) or Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Use Case Specifications
- Experience in reviewing Test Procedures, defining Test cases, reviewing, and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Extensively involved in facilitating collection of functional and business requirements from systems users and stake holders and preparing business requirement documents using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Excellent analytical skills, incredibly good team player, highly motivated, enthusiastic, and meticulous
- Good time management and multitasking ability which helps in conducting project meetings, reviews, walkthroughs, and customer interviews according to the varied needs of the people involved.
- Dynamic and energetic individual with flexible nature and positive attitude in all situations.
- Strong ability to successfully tackle a steep learning curve.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked with cross - functional teams in an Agile-Scrum environment for UAR process reviews in Compliance department.
- Ensured Agile Framework is followed including the required meetings and artifacts, worked closely with the Product Owner to ensure product backlog are assigned to the teams. Identified, documented, and discussed areas of improvement.
- Audit sprint metrics and convey all the data to Product Management teams.
- Tracked, monitored progress utilizing confluence reporting tools including velocity charts, burndown charts, etc.
- Reviewed and analyzed reports of SOC2, SOX and HIPAA UAR’s.
- Responsible for data analysis, integration and approvals also analyzed reports and track specific activity to ensure records are synchronized.
- Reviewed business rules design and functional specifications are raised needed changes/recommendations to support business strategies and standardized the processes.
- Worked with Stakeholders for different Applications and Performed QA which included validation of data through V-lookup, Macros, pivot tables and documenting the exceptional scenarios.
- Effectively communicated to all executives and stakeholders the progress and status of the process and workflows on a daily/weekly basis.
- Creates User stories and acceptance criteria in JIRA to track project tasks and deliverables. Participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Utilized Jira Confluence for metrics/reports issues and defect tracking. Fundamental understanding of project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, SharePoint etc.
- Facilitated and participated in almost every Scope lock meeting to finalize the business process.
- Provided support to offshore and onsite team in analyzing and help identifying the issues and resolve them.
Environment: Agile/SCRUM, SQL Server 2012/2014, Share-point, Windows 8, UNIX, MY SQL, PL/SQL, J2EE, JIRA, Confluence, Oracle 11, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, Microsoft Project Professional, TFS, SSIS, SSRS, QTP.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. Business Analyst
- Liaison between stakeholder’s system users, clients and managers, software development team and the QA team to gather requirements.
- Developed and maintained Test Plans from project documentations. Analyzed BRD to verify software development against application requirements and updated Test Cases.
- Performed Gap analysis designed new process flow, documented the business process, various business scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, and clients. Strong experience with project management practices and principles.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Executed Test Cases in HP ALM, Mapped Test Cases to Requirements using Requirements Coverage and Maintained Test Cases, reports in Quality Center. Followed the Agile Methodology for the entire SDLC.
- Created full life-cycle documentation from product requirements in the developmental stage to functional specifications. Experience in developing BRD’s for credit card’s payments, Sales Commissions, Customer Service conflicts and resolutions. Experience with UI/screen/form design, data flow, usability.
- Logged & reported Defects in HP ALM and managed through to resolution by working closely with appropriate development and business resources in Agile environment.
- Studied and analyzed requirements to be achieved and brainstormed to gather effective requirements for a quality product. Worked with other departments for Single Transaction, Self-Install, Pac-west Pro-Install.
- Prepare Project Requirements Document and Design Information Systems Business Solution. Created business vision document, business glossary and implementation up to functional and technical specifications.
- As a Business Analyst involved in business requirements, analysis, design, project planning & scheduling, creating UAT Test Plans / Test Cases. Pulled SQL Queries to check the downstream flow in OSM.
- Intensively in involved in the Data Mapping meetings and process, used ICOMS and updated the Files (Design Documents) to send required field values to the downstream system for their payment to providers.
- Produced and managed documentation on release activities to support problem resolution.
- Performed basic UAT with the different customers and different business modules.
- Experience with writing use cases, performing testing, and tracking test results.
- Ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, subject matter experts and development teams.
- Ability to capture requirements with efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail on a consistent basis.
Environment: Agile/SCRUM, SQL Server 2012/2014, Tableau, Windows 8, UNIX, MY SQL, PL/SQL, UAT, Quality Center, C#.NET, J2EE, JIRA, Oracle 11, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, Microsoft Project Professional, TFS, SSIS, SSRS, QTP.
Confidential, Austin TX
Sr. Business Analyst
- Collaborated with a variety of teams and 12 projects work streams to execute established change management ADKAR and PROSCI framework. Build and drive strategic plans to support people, process, technology, and cultural transitions for my Confidential colleagues around the globe.
- Identify and delivered process changes, mapping, documentation, role alignment, communication, training, and governance for emerging work streams for Information Security.
- Engaged and managed long and short-term change champions for different projects and leadership verticals and users. Developed, crafted, and delivered Corporate Security Newsletter, Digital communications.
- Coordinated, craft and executed quarterly Security Employee Awards program.
- Well Managed project deadlines for communications and OCM deliverables.
- Coordinated and driven approval process for all project communications. Created weekly status updates for project stakeholders and leadership through burndown charts and dashboards.
- Conducted weekly core team meetings - setting agenda and facilitating discussion for Corporate Security leadership. Demonstrated in Corporate Security campus events.
- Maintained project updates and metrics for status reports for Identity Access Management, Web Proxy, Office 365, and Active Directory Migrations of all users worldwide towards new applications and servers.
- Worked on Project management and team collaboration for complex technically focused projects.
Environment: RUP, Clear Quest, SQL Server 2012, MY SQL, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE, RFP, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Windows, SharePoint, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), .NET, Oracle, Crystal reports, RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Win Runner, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with senior management of the Research Group and SMEs and document them. Lead cross system design functional reviews and JAD sessions.
- Reviewed documentation of the business analysts to ensure its adherence to the requirements.
- Organizational effectiveness, Operational Excellence-Directing the transition of all inventory management and responsibility from the Supply chain to Business Planning and Business Intelligence.
- Documented the current state, analyzed the gaps and provided recommendation about Macy's e-commerce website. Interacted with business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the application.
- Worked with different process managers to document various process flows (settlements, refunds, cancellation etc.). Data analysis involving manipulation of large amounts of data (utilizing SQL and Excel).
- Integrated suppliers with ECC applications utilizing a web-based Supplier Portal platform
- Worked with Macy's development team to convert business requirement to system specification and test cases.
- Created Processes for Payment Transactions and validation of the transactions.
- Understand the As Is system and develop the To Be system concept and prepare the System Process Maps.
- Created end to end testing strategies and test scenario coverage documents.
- Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements and system approach. Managed client relationships and expectations to achieve project objectives.
- Documented business rules and dictionary for system business processes.
- Helped developers get up to speed on projects and help them draw up contingency plans in case a project is withdrawn from a release at the last minute. Coordinated efforts with Vendors and OEMs.
- Negotiated change requests and helped in prioritization of requirements and fixes.
- Collaborated with system architects and development leads to document all business rules, system process changes necessary to meet the project requirements.
- Successfully integrated Oracle Top Plan and JDA Arthur software into seasonal planning process.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using UML.
- Created quality controls and financial evaluations for the accounting/billing related processes, and the overall billing production activities of the department.
- Created, maintained, and enhanced reporting information to improve performance, support business decisions and enhance quality controls for greater customer satisfaction.
Environment: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project), Mercury Quality Centre, JDA Arthur Allocation, Agile/Scrum, Load Runner, JIRA, Oracle, Java, SQL Server.
- Assist in the preliminary planning discussions to determine the objectives, scope, constraints, risks, and deliverables of the project.
- Defining and documenting scope, work break down structure, timelines of every activity of the project.
- Conducted GAP analysis between current system functionalities and the planned system expectations.
- Worked in Credit Service for credit card payment, SWIFT, Treasury.
- Interact extensively with the Product Owner & Business Area Subject Matter Experts to understand the Product and Business Processes thoroughly.
- Worked with the PMO with overall Business and System Analysis for technology-related initiatives, Program delivery plans and delivery estimates.
- Creating project plan by managing risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations, defined milestone deliverables.
- Authored various documents like BRD's, Project Plans, Requirements Traceability Matrix, URS, FRD, Validation Plan, Validation Summary Reports, Test Scripts, CR's, defect tracking, UAT, Training Materials, and User Guides.
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement through various meetings with business users and developers and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Coordinated with cross functional leads involving project status, Development and Business.
- Held regular project status and planning meetings to track team member's progress against assigned tasks.
- Resolving technical and business queries asked during various project phases by coordinating with business teams, application development team and solution architect.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), UML, RUP, XML, Java, Unix, Oracle, Jira, SQL Server Reports, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro, SQL Server 2008.
Senior Process Analyst
- Conducted meetings to understand the workflow, their processes and assisted in gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Analysis of Business Requirements, Process Modelling and preparation of Functional Design Specifications employing use case scenarios.
- Used MS Visio for Process modelling and Business Process flow diagrams. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Flow Diagrams.
- Facilitated with JAD sessions with the management groups, vendors, users, and the IT Group for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, detailed process flow design, UAT, and rollout of new & modified feature functionality deployed on the E-commerce website applications.
- Directed and managed the Change Control process for the project by facilitating group meetings, one-on-one interviews and corresponding through emails with work stream owners to discuss the impact of change request on the project.
- Minimized defects in software application by collecting, reviewing, managing, and monitoring software application defects in JIRA through resolution as reported by various internal and external customers as Defect Manager. Actively worked with Product Owner in defining Product backlogs and Sprint Backlogs.
Environment: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Windows XP, HTML, Oracle 9.1, SQL Server, RUP, MS-Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, MS-Project, MS Office Suite.