- 6+ years of professional experience as Business and System Analyst in Insurance industry sectors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of its various methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and Rational Unified Process (Rup) etc.
- Hands on experience with solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modelling and database/data warehouse experience .
- Experience on various IT Services of Service - Now tool like Incident, Problem and Change Management, Service Catalog Requests, Service-Now Administration, Configuration Management (CMDB), Knowledge Management, Mobile Enhancement, Reporting, Asset Management, Integration with Web Services.
- Strong knowledge in Project Planning, Project Design, creating functional specifications and data flow diagrams.
- Worked on Insurance tools like Guide wire (Policy centre, Claim centre and Billing centre).
- Worked on the Guidewire Policy Centre, Billing Centre, Claims Centre.
- Strong knowledge of project management skills such as time estimation, task identification, and scope management.
- Ample experience in using Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) and Joint Application Deployment (JAD) sessions for gathering requirements and brainstorm ideas.
- Strong experience in working in key phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as the Planning, Design, Analysis, Development and Testing for the software/system development process.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, RUP, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux
Languages: SQL, Java, Java Script, HTML, XML and UML
Databases & Tools: SQL, Access, MYSQL, Oracle
Quality Management: HP ALM/Quality Centre, Rational Test Manager, Rally, JIRA, TFS
BI Tools: Tableau, SSRS
ETL Tools: Informatics, SSIS
Business Modelling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Requisite Pro
Project Management: Microsoft Project Professional
Others: MS (Visio, Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Share point
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Ensured all bugs, requirements, mock-ups and test cases are logged with adequate information into JIRA to assist developers and the team in developing a sound product based on customer standards
- Attended requirements gathering sessions with the customer based on user feedback and new enhancements, which were entered into JIRA and tracked for future releases
- Created functional and technical specification documents for various Service Now modules.
- Act as a liaison between business users and IT project team on ServiceNow Enhancement projects and implementations.
- Utilized the guidelines and artefacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to develop a detailed Implementation of Rational Unified Process effort for Guidewire ClaimCenter Integration in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developed business requirements documenting workflow and process, for migration of worker's compensation claims to Guidewire platform.
- Participated in techniques such as SPRINT planning, Product Backlog management, agile estimation, daily SCRUM, metrics such as Burn-down & Velocity charts, Sprint summary report, Sprint review/retro meetingsetc
- Performed extensive data modelling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models
- Conducted functional and technical requirement gathering sessions with Stakeholders, Underwriting Managers and Operations Analysts for the Policy, Claims and Point-of-sale related modules.
- Worked on new policy administration, billing and claims platform for its homeowner’s business Worked on Guidewire Insurance Suite applications.
- Worked very closely with ITSM Process Architect, customer personnel, Business Analysts, IT Architect, IT support teams and other technical teams to ensure that business needs around implementation of ITSM processes and ServiceNow are in a controlled and predictive manner.
- Involved in Implementation, Customization and Maintenance of ITIL modules such as Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Service Catalos, CMDB, Reporting and Integrations in Service Now.
- Worked with complex integrations within the ITSM environment such as Service Now - Web service integration with third party application (CSC, IBM and CGI ) and
- Performed GAP analysis on the traditional claims system and newly integrated ClaimCenter and carefully elaborated application enhancement specifications detailing in scope/out of scope items, as-is/to-be process maps and critical test scenarios.
- Used Guidewire to upgrade the current Claim system to track the claim of the policyholders and third-party applications
- Worked with software development team in using Agile-Scrum, in addition to educating upper management to champion the use of Agile/Scrum effectively.
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders, slotting stories in ServiceNow SDLC SCRUM module and monthly releases.
- Conducted workflow analysis of internal trading systems market data, connectivity, and order execution needs, as well as Used Guidewire policy center for all policy transactions.
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Extensively worked on SQL queries and on data transformation and data mapping from source to target database schema.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Drafted Functional requirement specifications (FRS) demonstrating current process and modified procedures for application entry, manual and auto rating processes for various entities to be insured.
- Create key artefacts to accurately capture problem statements & support technical teams, including but not limited to use cases, user stories, user acceptance criteria, functional & configuration specifications & technical diagrams in ServiceNow.
- Perform requirements gathering, write and manage highly complex requirements for large application development projects on ServiceNow.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the client requirements.
- Senior level SQL query skills Oracle and TSQL in analyzing and validating SSIS ETL database data ware house processes.
- Had to constantly view the changes and updates made in JIRA for the CR's and HIXTT's Change Request and Troubled Tickets.
- Conducted the full SDLC lifecycle to implement ServiceNow Software and Hardware Asset Management and integrated it with an external discovery tool.
- Re-mediate issues on applications and make sure updates are done in ServiceNow. Troubleshoot and perform corrective action on the IT Service Management software HP Service Manager and ServiceNow.
- Presented business needs to technical teams and identified impacted Policy Center User Stories.
- Prepared Use Case Models based on Business Requirements Documentation gathered through interaction with users.
- Worked with ETL team to understand data load/data mapping issues to make sure data warehouse tables are developed as per the business requirements.
- Conducted Data analysis using SQL on the backend databases for producing mapping documentation and transformation rules for developers. Monitoring the migration of BMC Remedy with ServiceNow and developing ITSM/ITIL processes, roles, business procedures to support (ITSM) best practices.
- Manage configuration/customization of ServiceNow such as Single-Sign-On, Dashboard, workflow administration, SLA management, Report setup, data imports, Knowledge management tool training as per the need of the business.
- Manage the quarterly upgrades of ServiceNow tool. Conduct full software development life cycle for customized applications including requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, and training activities.
- Designed and involved in the development of various Tableau packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and in scheduling Tableau packages.
Confidential, Erie, PA
- Performed and documented requirement analysis, impact analysis, and gap Analysis in order to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure.
- Worked on Property and Casualty insurance company as an Underwriter. Strong understanding of rating in Property and Causality.
- Reported errors and defects via JIRA tool and kept an eye on its status to retest to determine final status of defects and errors.
- Facilitating priority meetings with stakeholders to help business understand the impact of the JIRA in prioritizing them
- Interacted with Product Owner & Agile Development Team on documenting Scrum artefacts like Product, Release & Sprint Backlog.
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
- Write and execute positive and negative test cases to ensure the data originating from the data warehouse Oracle dB is accurate through to the SQL dB in the applications.
- Developed business requirements for General Liability, Cargo War, Marine Cargo, Property, Surety and Commercial Automobile.
- Extensively worked with Underwriting, Worker’s Compensation, Billing and claims in Life insurance.
- Responsible for gathering requirement for Data Warehouse for personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Provided daily technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors and problems while booking policies and claims in Wheatley insurance system for commercial auto, general liability, worker compensation, commercial package.
- Performed Data Driven Testing on Personal and Commercial Line Insurance Quote page by inserting different value manually in data table.
- Generated User Stories, Business Rules, and Storyboards to develop and enhance a web portal and to integrate it with the Guidewire claim center.
- Involved in Guidewire Corporate Training on Guidewire Policy Center, worked on Commercial Lines Property and Casualty Insurance.
- Executed SQL queries to retrieve the data and validated them during UAT, also ran queries for users on ad-hoc basis.
- Participated throughout the Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) process of data mapping, cleansing, standardization and implementations.
- Created product rules and gathered requirements for the implementation of discounts, rating inputs, and reports for implementing Guidewire Policy Center.
- Developed SQL queries, functions, stored procedures and triggers to perform the backend testing of the data.
- Participated in creation of requirement traceability matrix in order to map the requirements to test cases.
Confidential, Albuquerque, NM
- Worked on implementation and Guidewire suite integration; Claim Center and Billing Center with interfaces to all related systems.
- Involve in analyzing defects that have been reported in the JIRA and sending them over to the developers for a fix.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint planning, Daily Scrums or stand-ups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Worked closely with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team and Business Intelligence Architecture team to understand repository objects that support the business requirement and process.
- Writing user stories for Business Process Flow, System Integration Testing based on the Configuration requirements of Guidewire Policy Center for Personal Auto LOB.
- Experience on Guidewires UI testing in Claim Center and Billing Center Screens for Personal lines business
- Gathered business Requirements using various Elicitation Techniques such as Interviews, Brain storming sessions, JAD Sessions with Focus Groups and more for Claim Database Upgrade to Guidewire Claim Center.
- Developed Billing Center - Claim Center User Stories for various work products.
- Performed Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing and Performance testing of Billing Center, Claim center and Payment manager in Guidewire application based on the business requirements.
- Guidewire Claim Center is the project which was undertaken to upgrade the current Claim System to track its claim.
- Created Process Work Flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the proposed system.
- Involved in the development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Expected Results, and coordinated the tests with the QA team to verify implementation of new features and enhancements.
- Used SQL queries to fetch the performance data from internal tools, tested the backend database and validated the data.
- Execution of test cases in Guidewire Billing center application. Preparation of Test Cases and Test scenarios based on the User Stories