- Senior Business Analyst and Business Process Transformation Leader searching for a new opportunity to add significant value to the right organization. Results - driven and delivery-focused, wif the passion to deliver on-time, on-budget, through strict adherence to best practices.
- Business Analysis, Process Improvement & Re-Engineering: Engage wif stakeholders at all levels of the organization to understand & document current-state processes, data analytics & insights, create process maps, and to develop requirements and target-state solutions.
- Quality Management & Planning: Extensive experience in management and execution of QA and UAT efforts, defining QA/UAT strategy, test development, test reporting, issue management & resolution, user training, and war-room/halp-desk protocol. Previous experience in managing UAT efforts for 3k+ globally dispersed users.
- PMP, PMBOK, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, Project Management, Quality Management Planning, QA, UAT, UML, Use Case, CMMI, Change Management, Process Modeling, Process
- Engineering, Process Reengineering. Product Development, Business Analysis, TraceabilityWorkflow, QRP, RFP, MS-Office, MS-Access, MS-Visio, MS-Excel, MS-Project, Quality CenterLotus Notes, Jira, Toad, RDBMS, Transact SQL, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Relational Data
- Design, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), Business Transformation, BlockchainUnix/Linux, SAP FI, SAP MM, SAP NetWeaver, SAP BI/BW, CRM, Cloud, SaaS, HTML, XMLObject Modeling, OOA&D, Series 6 Registered Representative, Life Insurance, Health InsuranceDisability Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Annuity, FIX, ECN, DMA, OMS, CTB, RTBDodd-Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley, SOX.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTING
Confidential, New York
- Gather and requirements for highly visible business transformation and regulatory efforts for the ‘Change Team’ of a major investment bank. Efforts included the combination of multiple legacy data sources into one firm-wide product reference data repository used for firm-wide trading activities, and data warehouse used for compliance and regulatory reporting.
- Drove tasks and deliverables across multiple work-streams for ops team’s program of work that included strategic, industry, and regulatory efforts.
- Acted as liaison between IT and business areas. Chair steering and operating committee meetings; generate executive level dashboard and reporting.
Confidential, Denville, NJ
- Project Managed tasks and deliverables for multiple global initiatives for major investment banking clients. Efforts included the implementation of a vendor regulatory reporting system and data warehouse for firm-wide regulatory reporting; coordination of UAT efforts for Regulatory Reporting, Compliance, and Surveillance teams, respectively; and the re-design of the manual FA on-boarding process.
- Brought together teams and acted as liaison between business and IT. Created strategic and tactical roadmaps to mitigate operational risk items. Generated executive level dashboards for operating and steering committee updates.
- Evaluated cost-TEMPeffective solutions and communicate to senior management. Develop KPI metrics and design KPI maintenance regimen.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTING
- Actively engaged in business transformation efforts for a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust; a medium sized business wif large company problems that included manual systems and processes.
- Worked proactively wif executives and key stakeholders to develop process maps for process re-engineering. Gathered and documented business requirements for data analytics and business intelligence, which focused on the implementation of Essbase/Hyperion, sourcing data from a data warehouse, also under development.
- Supported managed service and technology releases across the enterprise for EMC client. Liaised wif business units to facilitate global release activities, scope planning, and issue resolution.
- Obtained approvals for key deliverables. Generated ad-hoc reports. Created functional and technical documentation.
- Actively participated in business transformation efforts wifin the planned-giving / non-profit space as a client-facing implementation project manager.
- Implemented technology solutions wifin charitable foundations to re-engineer their business processes and to facilitate regulatory compliance. Re-engineered critical processes including client on-boarding; contributions and grants processing; accounts and transactions reconciliation; reporting.
- Generated client functional documentation and workflow diagrams for re-engineered processes. Performed gap-analysis for current future state processes.
- Actively engaged in gathering and documenting requirements to assist in the business transformation for EMC clients. Performed reference data analysis and data validation on Client; Account; Transactions; Party data; and Performance Aggregation and Reporting data. This included creating documentation from logical and physical data models and other supporting documents.
- Coordinated UAT efforts supporting cutting edge wealth management and research technology. Developed business intelligence tools designed to support financial advisers and branch managers to track and measure performance; and a peer reporting tool that tracks positions, transactions, and allocation trends, firm-wide. Heavy used of SQL for data validation. Used HP Quality Center to manage testing activities.
- Worked diplomatically wif third party vendors contracted to develop and implement solutions that support the wealth management business.
- Project managed a firm-wide initiative for a major investment bank to identify opportunities to expand the service offerings for a (discreet) major market-data services provider. Engaged wif dispersed business groups across the enterprise, including Equity and Fixed Income Sales & Trading, Global Research, and Investment Banking, to develop project plans, risk & communication plans, and BI dashboard updates to executive-level management.
- Actively participated in firm-wide business transformation efforts to expand the commercial banking presence for a major investment bank into ten (discreet) global markets across South America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Mideast, Far East, and Africa.
- Gathered and documented requirements for a new portfolio performance measurement and reporting platform that replaced several legacy applications used for the same purpose. The target system combined client and financial advisor reporting facilities into a single robust platform.
ETL Data Migration Consultant
- Performed data conversion and ETL related activities for a Big Pharma SAP implementation.
- Worked proactively wif the business community during UAT. Examined logical and physical data structures. Heavy MS SQL Server Transact SQL.
- Tracked, escalated, and resolved issues; and created dashboards for metrics tracking.
- Performed analysis and testing necessary to support the in-house implementation of Portware, a third party equity trading platform for buy-side order flow. Heavy use of FIX protocol.
- Managed project deliverables, timelines, and milestones; tracked and resolved project issues; generated detailed metrics, dashboard reporting, and communicated status to upper management.
- Participated in daily agile/scrum sessions; conducted end-user demonstrations and training; created and maintained test assets using HP Quality Center; executed tests; configured testing environments.
Vice President of Global Equities IT
- Project managed testing efforts to support the in-house implementation of Bear Trade, a proprietary sell-side equity trading platform for equity derivatives and block trading. Managed and trained a group of five employees, and five off-shore resources.
- Performed analysis and documented requirements; supported testing efforts for smart order routing and algorithmic trading strategies. Verified test results by running audit reports, and by building and executing SQL queries. Heavy use of FIX protocol.
- Managed project deliverables, timelines, and milestones. Worked closely and diplomatically wif business and IT to clarify requirements, resolve project issues, and prevent scope creep. Worked proactively wif internal audit resources to ensure overall project compliance wif company policies and procedures.
- Managed testing efforts for on-going development and maintenance of a back-end smart-order routing system used for Direct Market Access equity trading. Planned and executed tests that supported smart-order routing (SOR) capability, and algorithmic trading; including, but not limited to: VWAP, TWAP, and proprietary trading strategies. Heavy use of FIX protocol.
- Worked closely wif development to resolve project issues, and wif internal audit to ensure overall compliance. Generated project dashboards and communicated status to senior management.
- Improved operational workflow by implementing HP Quality Center wifin the project for test planning, defect tracking, and reporting. Migrated project data from Compuware Track Record. Influenced standard methodology for defect tracking and reporting, division-wide, by working closely wif the HP-QC implementation team.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Managed a group of software testers in the car-rental space for the Confidential -Budget Group.
- Responsible for overall test planning, management, and execution on Confidential /Budget reservation and rental mainframe system, and e-commerce web-portal used for the same purpose.
- Managed testing efforts in a multi-phase implementation for one of the first ‘no-you're-customer’ technologies on the street. Goals of the project included re-engineering of the account-opening process, and development of credit hierarchy trees that supported no-you're-customer, and mitigated/reduced credit risk. Performed business analysis; authored requirements and other critical project documentation; Managed UAT efforts, and performed end-user training.
- Acted as liaison between business and IT; bridged noledge gaps; acted to enforce requirements freezes; acted diplomatically on behalf of IT to prevent scope-creep; maintained a proactive dialogue wif internal audit to identify risks and to ensure firm-wide compliance.
- Reduced project costs by an estimated $200k over a two-year period by introducing process improvements to the Software Development Lifecycle, which included Change/Release Management, UML, requirements gathering, and a stakeholder review process.
- Responsible for QA and UAT planning and execution for an Account Renovation project which included process re-engineering of the account-opening process. Performed business analysis; authored requirements and other critical project documentation; Managed UAT efforts, and performed end-user training.