- Around 7 years experience in IT Business Analyst role including business problem studies, business requirement gathering, application development, analysis and design, business and technical requirement document (BTRD) and functional document writing
- Played critical role as Client site coordinator that involves understanding business requirements,day to day client interaction,offshore knowledge transfer (KT) activities,onsite status call coordination,project deadline keeping etc and worked as a team with business patners and end data customers
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) / Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions documenting decisions on the future state of the systems and processes.
- Worked in close co - ordination with the business team in analyzing the project scope and implementing the change management
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Projects - Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and implementing business applications
- Expertise in Business Objects
- Expertise in giving Project, domain and soft skill training to the team
- Strong understanding of Risk, Gap, market and Cost/Benefit analysis
- Expertise HP Open view products for windows/Unix and HP open view management products like Sitescope,suppressionmanager,OVPM,OVIS,OVPIetc
- Excellent knowledge of Process workflow tools and techniques such as UML, Activity, Class and Sequence diagrams, Use-Case Models, DFD and Use Cases using Entity-Relationship (E-R) modeling tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio in addition to automating the RUP (Rational Unified Process) using Rational Suite
- Experienced in performing Impact analysis on systems and tackling problems such as direct and indirect risks by various mitigation plans
- Expertise in reviewing Test Procedures, creating Test plans, defining System & Integration Test Cases, executing Test Cases, Test Data reviewing and maintaining and executing detailed Test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing
- Comprehensive knowledge of System Configuration Management, Change Request Management, Risk Management and Mitigation, and Version Management processes
- Extensively involved in generating Project Plans and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project
- Worked with developers to communicate the critical defects for quick remediation and helped technical team to understand the business problems
- Expert in writing BTRD and SOW - Statement of Work
- Astute learner with excellent conceptualization, analytical thinking, good verbal and written communication and presentation skills and ability to work as a team leader/member with sense of responsibility and commitment
- Ability to accommodate new/change in business demands which would have direct impact to the project
- Dedicated, hard working individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent skills for judgment to assess high-risk areas of an application for testing efforts with time constraints
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly learn new software and apply its full range of capabilities
Platforms: MS DOS, Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, Mac OSX, UNIX
Process Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, UML, RUP, RAD, SCRUM
Requirements Management Tools: Mercury Quality Center, Rally Dev, Rational Req. ProDoors, Rose, Visio
Version Control and SCM Tools: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, & Team
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked with the business team and technology team in substantiating the System Requirement Specification document for the project and served as a liaison between the business and technical team.
- Gathered business requirements using techniques like one on one interviews and group discussions.
- Organized business meetings and presentations such as Work Break Down sessions, JAD sessions with the business and technology teams lock the scope and requirements for the project. WeDeveloped the Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and traced the requirements back to the high level business requirements.
- Prepared detailed design documents to translate business process effectively for developers and product managers using MS Visio.
- Substantiated other PMLC documents such as Project Definition Document, Project Technology Summary, and Test Strategy and Plan along with other team members.
- Responsible for document management activities for the team which included publishing document, version control, change control.
- Developed a Test Plan for testing the Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Developed and Executed Test Cases based on the use cases for testing existing and new functionality of the To-Be implemented call center.
- Worked on all the phases of the testing activities such as System Testing and System Integration Testing.
- Substantiated the new training manuals for the enhanced systems highlighting the changes for all user groups.
- Worked on SharePoint to report, track, and validate business requirements.
- Prepared prototype “solutions” based on the requirements using SharePoint features.
- Created layouts and templates in SharePoint as per requirements of stakeholders.
- Used SharePoint as central document repository and platform for collaboration with relevant parties.
- Created workflow using SharePoint Designer.
Environment: Oracle11g, MS Office, MS Project, Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, Test Director, Windows NT/XP
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Business Analyst
- Participated in various stages of data and requirement analysis for project needs.
- Involved in JAD sessions to gather requirements, and to analyze the requirements.
- PreparedBusiness Requirement Documents (BRDs) for the new system after requirements analysis.
- Used MS Visio to model business requirements and logically convert them to functional requirements.
- Assisted in PerformingGAP analysis (As-Is & To-Be) and supported full traceability for all the software artifacts.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Organize requirements into high level Use Cases and low level Use Case Specifications and modeled them into UC, Activity and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio
- Identifiedinternal and external system requirementsfor design and configuration set-up.
- Used Rational Test Manager to review defects in functional requirements.
- Active involvement in executing test scripts, and coordinatingUAT testing.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and analyzed the server performance.
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
Environment: Windows XP/7 Vista, Agile, MS Office, SQL Database for Basic Testing, MS Project, MS Access, MS Visio.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked with a High Level Business Team to gather requirements for Basel III Simplified Supervisory Formula Approach system for securitization deals.
- Organized Joint Application Development sessions to gather requirements for the Basel 3 Simplified Supervisory Formula Approach System with SME’s.
- Organized One on One meeting with Vice President’s to work on control and validation logic to ensure security and accuracy of data gathering.
- Worked on Windows Rally and oracle primavera to allocate resources, manage multiple projects and increase resource productivity in agile life cycle management.
- Used windows rally to plan the projects in detail and allocate resources and maintain timelines.
- Wrote Vision document for the Supervisory Simplified Formula Approach system for calculation of Risk Weights for securitization exposures.
- Conducted GAP analysis between Basel II and Basel III for Securitization exposures and analyzed them to for changes in data sourcing.
- Wrote mapping documents for sourcing data for calculation of risk weights from various data sources like Intex, Bloomberg and ABSNET.
- Wrote High Level Business Requirement Document for the Simplified Supervisory Formula Approach system for automation of data sourcing and calculation of risk weights.
- Worked on various data sourcing tools to source data from Bloomberg, Intexcalc, Desktop, Wrapper and ABS NET as potential data sources for Basel 3 securitization deals
- Also worked on allocation of Risk Weights to Securitization deals and conducted collateralized tests according to Dodd-Frank guidelines.
- Wrote use cases for calculation of risk weights for various asset classes in securitizations like RMBS, CMBS, HELOC and Credit Card ABS.
- Worked with technical leads to analyze system requirements and gather Functional requirement and general processing rules.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, Agile - SCRUM, SQL, Dodd-Frank, Basel III, Bloomberg, Intex Desktop, Intex Calc, Intex Wrapper, Clarity FSR, Misys Summit, Mercury QC, Murex, Moody's KMV, AGILE SCRUM
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Responsible for gathering requirements through interviews and detailed sessions with business area experts.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining the timeline ofthe project using MS Project.
- Capturing requirements in informal and formal sessions while maintaining scope and change control.
- Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation within specified time frame.
- Able to bridge the difference between theend user's non-technical point of view and the developer's technical point of view.
- Analyzing and translating user-level requirements into a logical design, using UML diagrams, Use Cases and Activity diagrams.
- Prepared Workflow diagrams to analyze AS IS and TO BE scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the business process and various business scenarios.
- Created Use Case Document, user interface design document to elaborate user experience taking into account the business objective.
- Interacting with the developers and QA Team on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Interacting with users andassigning roles to users for user acceptance testingand taking feedback from them.
- Responsible for adhering to project timelines while anticipating and resolving issues.
- Acted as aliaisonbetween stakeholders: system users, clients and Project Managers.
Environment: Windows, HTML, SQL Server, MS Office.