- Business Analyst and Project Manager with 13 years of experience with solid exposure to domains like commercial information, insurance and retail banking.
- Multi - cultural expert known for strong team-building and communication skills, persistent approach, thorough follow through and the ability to get the job done no matter what the circumstances.
- Experienced as a business analyst in all disciplines of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Rational Unified Process-RUP, and Waterfall
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) Concepts: encapsulations, abstractions, generalization, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Wide-ranging experience inAccounting, Finance and Investment Banking industries.
- Excellent documentation of Business Requirements gathered using Interviews, Brainstorming Sessions, Surveys and Questionnaires; Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications and Application Design
- Experience in facilitating and moderating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in conducting Gap Analysis, in depth knowledge of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes
- Experience in HDFS, HBase, MapReduce andHadooparchitecture & concepts.
- Hands on experience in writing Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) based on user interviews.
- Proficient in creating UML diagrams: Use Case Diagrams (UCD), Activity Diagrams (AD) and Sequence Diagrams (SD)
- Proficient in SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML,XML, ASP.NET, C#, SAS, SSIS / SSAS.
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that links and controls numerous artifacts produced by several teams across the deliverables of the project
- Good working experience with QA activities like Test Plan preparation, Test case review with an expertise in: progression, Regression, and smoke test
- Facilitated Change Management and Conflict Resolution at various stages of the project life cycle by streamlining
- Highly proficient in the use of SQL and Relational Databases for querying and reporting purposes
- Strong ability in thoroughly documenting User Manuals after subsequent releases and conducting User Training Workshops to familiarize the users to the application changes
- Participated in Post-Production Validation (PPV) and worked with the Production support team for issues reported by the user group in the production environment
- Provided support on user reported issues in Production
Requirements Management Tools: Sybase PowerDesigner, IBM Rational Tools
Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Agile
Languages: SQL, XML, HTML, Java, .net
Business Modeling Tools: Prototype, Justin mind, UML, MS Visio
Project management Tools: MS Project, MS Share point
Database: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, IBM DB2
Operating Systems: Windows Xp, 7, *
Adobe suite: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe flash
Confidential, New York, NYBusiness Analyst
- Supported the Program Manager in his/her role in establishing contacts with potential partners in the region for specific project/s
- Drafted project document briefs and or talking points for discussion with potential partners
- Maintained close interaction with program / project staff to share information and knowledge, and to provide proactive support toward building and maintaining effective partner relations
- Provided substantive inputs and assisted the Program Manager in the preparation / finalization of documents for approval, including i.e. MOA’s, Letters of Agreement or Exchange of Letters (EOL) with clients, project documents and detailed project budgets
- Proactively coordinated with relevant teams on project amendments and budget revisions
- Defined and implemented the project planning process in several countries
- Advised the Program Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) were adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress
- Managed information flows and oversaw change controls, risk registers and issue management documents and feedback lessons learned and best practices
- Managed work packages within the project when required
- Supervised Project Assistant(s) within the team to ensure work efficiency and quality at all times
- Provided introductions to new staff and supported consultants during their assignments
- Managed all contracts (Procurement, HR, Service Contracts, etc.) under the project
- Monitored all HR requirements and related activities under the project. Supervised and reviewed submissions for Contracts, Purchase Orders, Waivers and related documents prior to final approval
- Authored Terms of Reference (ToR) for required inputs in the projects (staff, individual andinstitutional consultancy services, procurement of goods and services, organization of training, seminars, etc.), with experts and/or client support
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- As project manager, I was responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/sponsor’s needs and deliver on desired outcomes.
- Consulted with clients to provide expertise across a broad range of financial,accounting, technical and operational expertise. Evaluated, negotiated and implemented newaccountingsoftware and reporting metrics.
- Developed project plan, managed individual deadlines and goals.
- Developed integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them.
- Measured the success of actionable items found in Cost of Materials analysis through developingKPI (Key Performance Indicator) report packages.
- Validating key milestones.
- Involved in Team meeting for resolving issues involving data processing, user interface and downstream systems interactions.
- Assisted On-site Techs in managing the scope & timelines when needed.
- Aided Business Analyst in preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and in developing use cases.
- Participated in Joint Tech Planning sessions and reviewed meetings with the Data Analyst team to ensure understanding of the functions of the STP and IDEAS Application process.
- Worked as one of the main liaison between the business line, operations and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
Environment: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Microsoft Office Suite, Java, Oracle, Windows 7, HP Quality Center, Hadoop, Agile methodology
Confidential, Stanford, CT
- Develop trading solutions to re-hypothecate the positions; perform high-level feasibility analysis, industry & market analysis, risk analysis, trading workflow reconfiguration
- Managed allaccountingfunctions, including month-end closing, publishing of financial statements, costaccounting, budgeting & analysis
- CreatedBusinessRequirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, User Requirement Specification (URS) and Change Request (CR) document for system application development.
- Conduct extensive analysis on security trading cycles; provide consulting on financial disclosure, regulatory and compliance issues
- Created a procedural manual, by documenting the processes of the RSF Collateral/Custody Management System. Was the liaison person with regards to back-offices issues including: accounting, clearing, custody and regulatory.
- Design, develop, and validate testing methodologies for trading activities; perform trading-related testing via the new trading system, coordinate with various F2B components, document results, and generate reports
- Conductedbusinessprocess modeling and analysis; identified, assessed and articulated gaps/operational risks associated; presented risk-mitigation and operational enhancement solutions to project management team
- Consulted with project manager in developing project plans & scope, clarifying project requests, providing root cause analyses, sharing best practices, and presenting findings and proposals in a professional format
- Wrote user requirements specification (URS) and Functional requirements specification (FRS) Documents as per the System requirements and process flow.
- Assisted in writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Implemented data access, storage and validation routines on the database server using Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL).
- Developed & executed several Optimized queries in SQL on this data.
- Query optimization using SQL Profiler and performance monitors to enhance the performance of database servers.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses (since Stored Procedures passes the whole block at one time.)
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Management Studio to administer SQL Server.
- Highly skilled in developing stored procedures, functions, triggers, DTS and SSIS
- Overall database design with logical modeling and physical modeling, such as creating normalized databases, tune queries, assigning proper indexes, creation of triggers and stored procedures
- Evaluated data storage considerations to store databases and transaction logs. Created databases using SQL Server Management Studio, Database Wizard and Transact SQL Statements.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Organized and detail oriented professional, debits credits, journal entries, checks deposits, claims; trial balance; general ledger, and stock record
- Reconciliation of Equity positions and Cash, Interfaced with Clearance area to ensure timely resolution of outstanding issues. Journal and GL entries, NostrosAccounting, Tax reporting, Compliance, Fee Billing, 1099b, point of sale verification. Prepare/Review KYC profiles in accordance for sign off in accordance with the Group Policy, KYC ID Matrix, local regulatory requirements and Sign Off Authority.
- Determined the department's compliance with established policies, plans, and procedures
- Investigation of miscalculations of aged and current Investment Management, Trust, and Custody accounts.
- Managed financialaccounting, reporting, audit and compliance, preparation of financial and regulatory reports and oversight of payables and receivables. Included monthly preparation of metrics and summary operating results.
- Calculated fees due to reconciliation of accounts along with management reporting.
- Reviewing activity of accounts/clients recommended for exit, checking trading activity and credit exposure/facilities of proposed clients to exit, identifying high-risk clients during the research process, check credit systems to determine whether there are any credit limits allocated to clients proposed to exit
- Proactively review of trade reporting processes to ensure regulatory compliance within thebusiness unit.
- Verification and notification of corrected trades along with management reporting of losses resulting from corrections
- To provide a timely, high quality and flexible KYC and Client identification for clients wishing to dobusinesswith a bank environment.
- Undertake reviews of extended due diligence to assess risk. Provide comments and escalate to Compliance for agreement and approval.
- Recommend/undertake further due diligence where required. Refer adverse findings to Compliance and theBusiness. Ensure a conclusion is reached with regard to risk, additional due diligence or exit.
Environment: SAS 9.2, Agile, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Project, Oracle, SQL, UNIX
Confidential, White Plains, New York
- Worked as one of the main liaison between the business line, operations and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Assisted the Project Manager, Senior Business Analyst and system teams to analyze the scope of the project.
- Worked with claims department, IT staff and relevant Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze and document system requirements and procedural changes for Claims Processing Application (CPA).
- Participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and reviewed meetings with the users and development team to ensure understanding of the new functions of the Claims Processing Application (CPA).
- Aided Senior Business Analyst in preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and in developing use cases.
- Prepared prototypes for users and the development team to illustrate the intended functionalities of the system.
- Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with the development team.
- Monitored user expectations through user involvement and communication throughout the development of the Claims Processing Application (CPA).
- Tracked and maintained user requested enhancements and changes.
- Worked with Quality Assurance (QA) team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Rational Rose, .net. Windows XP, HP Quality center, Agile
Micro-Finance Credit Officer
- Enrolled over 60 groups of 5 people, with each person borrowing USD $, for a total of over $250K
- Approximately 85% of borrowers repaid their loans within 4 years
- Partnered with international consultants for United Nations Development Program (UNDP) pilot projects
- Educated clients about solutions and requirements to gain financial independence after UNDP funding
- Developed training manuals with clear goals consistent with standard methods
- Identified, designed and managed the pilot project along with interventions with client financial institutions by applying best practices, quality control, benchmarking and knowledge sharing with other similar programs
- Ensured effective implementation of the Internal Control Framework along with the Operations Unit
- Established a quality and accountability reporting system
- Systematically consolidated and analyzed lessons from project implementation experience and shared with team members and colleagues across the region
- Coordinate the audit exercise among programme, project and operations staff and ensure compliance with audit quality standards and timeframes