- Business Systems Analyst with 8 years of experience in Business Development Process and System and Data analysis with extensive work experience in teh domain of Banking, Financial Services and Investment Sectors.
- A Certified Scrum Master with hands on experience in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Experience on Waterfall, Extreme programming, Agile Scrum - Waterfall Hybrid and Kanban methodologies with teh ability to work with cross-functional teams along with coaching of agile framework across teh verticals of teh organization.
- Knowledge of various regulatory compliances like CRA (community re-investment act) Regulations, Fair Lending Compliances (like ECOA (equal credit opportunity act), FCRA (fair credit reporting act), FACTA (fair & accurate credit transactions act)), HMDA (home mortgage disclosure act), RESPA (Real estate settlement procedures act), Dodd-Frank Act and SOX.
- Designed and documented Business process re-engineering, business process modeling, Historical Data Reports Analysis accompanied by conducting and facilitating elicitation sessions such as survey/questionnaires, Interviews sessions, Brainstorming sessions, Focus group sessions, Requirement workshops, Interface analysis, Root Cause analysis, Document analysis, and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, Impact analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Root cause analysis, Feasibility study, Interface analysis, Risk Analysis, and As-Is and To-Be business analysis and drafting reports.
- Facilitated Change Request Management, testing and created and validated Business Requirements documents (BRD), Use-Case Specifications, and System Requirements Specifications (SRS), and verified Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in building Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and transforming teh requirements gathered into functional specifications focusing on workflow analysis and design, user interface design, data flow, process flow and ER Diagram.
- Good understanding in building and maintaining Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed (RACI) Matrix.
- Experienced in writing User stories using INVEST technique and handling teh Requirement Churn. Efficient in facilitating Product Owner to prioritize using techniques such as MoSCoW Technique, KANO Model Based and Business Value Based.
- Hands on experience in facilitating Sprint Ceremonies (Product Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning meeting, Daily Scrum/Stand-up meeting, Sprint Review meeting and Sprint Retrospective meeting) for Agile Scrum as Scrum Master.
- Experience in converting Business functionalities into Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) models across IT environment.
- Adept in writing and executing CRUD operations and complex SQL queries including complex joins, unions, grouping, aggregation, nested sub queries, triggers & stored procedures. Extensive knowledge in source-target data mapping.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse architectures - Hub and spoke, federated, independent, centralized, along with ETL process, Star/Snowflake Schema, Facts, Dimensions, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP.
- Created Data Mapping Documents using Extensible Markup Language XML and mapping tools (like Altova MapForce etc).
- Experience in Testing Life Cycle and supervising Black-box Testing, Functionality Testing, Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Extensive knowledge in manual and automation testing.
- Worked with QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP QC/ HP ALM.
- Experience in Data Integration using Data center with Hub and Spoke. Extensive implementation knowledge of Databases, Data Table structures, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, slice and dice and pivot.
- Adept in analytics & reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, and IBM Cognos for OLAP
- Experience working in Mainframe environment and deep understanding of database concepts like Data Warehousing, Data Structures, Schemas, Data Marts, Data-Entity Relationships, SQL and User Administration. Worked extensively with Data warehouses by migrating data from various OLTP’s to OLAP cube using ETL tools such as Informatica and SSDT-BI.
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem including HDFS, YARN and libraries such as Hive, Pig, Spark, Impala, Sqoop, Flume, Storm, Oozie, Mahout, and Kafka
- In-depth knowledge of SOA architecture, web services, APIs - SOAP, REST, XML, and JSON, web-service testing using tools like Postman, SOAP UI, Swagger, and API documentation.
- Sound understanding of Advanced Internal Ratings Based Risk Weighted Asset calculation (A-IRB RWA), Value at Risk (VaR), Mortgage Valuation, and portfolio management and experience in validating, maintaining, and manipulating customer datasets for predictive modeling of Basel Parameters (PD, LGD, and EAD).
Banking & Finance Domain knowledge: CCAR/DFAST, BASEL lll, SOX, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act, National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), Portfolio management, Risk & Fraud Management, Loan Origination, Credit Processing.
Project Management Tools/Methodology: Unified Modeling Language (UML), MS-Project, MS Share Point, Rally, JIRA, and Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum, Waterfall, RUP, Extreme Programming, and Kanban.
Modeling Tools: PowerDesigner, ER/Studio, ORACLE SQL developer Data Modeler, Visio, Draw.io, ERwin
Requirement Management: MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM 11.5, Version One, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Test Manager, ClearQuest, ClearCase.
Reporting Tools: IBM Cognos, Tableau, MS office Suite, Google Analytics, SSRS, Power Bi, Zeppelin
Database: MySQL version 2012, MS Access, Oracle 11g, DB2
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint 2013, MS Project, MS Visio, XL Miner
Testing Tools: HP QC / HP ALM 11.5, Selenium, Cucumber, Load runner, Postman, SOAP UI, Swagger
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, SQL Server Data Tools-Business Intelligence (SSDT-BI) (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL, JSON, Oracle PL/SQL, Base SAS 9, SOAP and Java
Miscellaneous: Jenkins, Salesforce, SQL*Plus, Toad, Altova XML Suite, MDM, Apache Hadoop Kafka, Hive, HBase, Spark, Flume, Zoo-keeper, Sqoop, Storm; Asp.net, C#, C++, Maven, Spring, Eclipse, Java, SPSS, Stata, XL Miner.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Elicited requirements using JAD sessions, Surveys/Questionnaire, Interview sessions, Requirement Workshops, Focus Groups, Interface Analysis and conducted GAP Analysis to derive requirements for Credit processing.
- Assisted in Implementation of a compliance engine with regards to CRA (community re-investment act) Regulations, Fair Lending Compliances (like ECOA (equal credit opportunity act), FCRA (fair credit reporting act), FACTA (fair & accurate credit transactions act)), HMDA (home mortgage disclosure act), RESPA (Real estate settlement procedures act), Dodd-Frank Act and SOX.
- Supported implementation of credit risk scoring engine capturing data from FICO and Equifax.
- Conducted Cost Benefit analysis, Feasibility check, Impact analysis, Cost analysis, and evaluated Porter’s Five Forces.
- Helped teh Product Owner Prioritize teh Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks supported by cross-functional development team. Used JIRA for issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Led User Story Writing sessions and determined Acceptance Criteria for Potentially Shippable Product Increment. Worked with teh Product Owner during teh Sprint Review Meeting for teh PSPI and halped decide which features are DONE and satisfied using teh Acceptance Criteria.
- As a SCRUM Master, facilitated and time-boxed teh SCRUM ceremonies Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Standups, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting and Grooming Sessions.
- Supported implementation of Salesforce Cloud CRM hosted on MS IIS 8.0.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using Visio for User Interface components for client verification.
- Developed Conceptual and Logical data models for Customer and Collateral tables.
- Generated ad hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformation rules to fetch data from teh SQL Serverdatabase systems.
- Recorded Data Mapping documents of various HTML fields to XML tags and further onto tables stored in database, after coordinating with teh team, business users & other analysts while creating teh data mapping document.
- Supported ETL developers in creating workflows and scheduling batch processes using SSDT-BI SSIS, based on Data Mapping Document.
- Aided in transformation of various OLTP databases to OLAP while maintaining teh Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball Paradigms.
- Updated teh existing Data Dictionary and identified and analyzed teh data sources thoroughly while data profiling.
- Worked with teh Database teams and DBAs while implementing teh Enterprise Data Warehouse hosted on MS Azure.
- Analyzed and documented domain specific APIs while conducting teh Interface Analysis, to interpret teh data formats in their WSDL/WADL for a thorough understanding of Business Requirements and supported integration of Compliance Rest APIs and credit risk bureau Rest APIs with Business Rules Engine.
- Extensively involved in manual and automation testing. Assisted with User Acceptance Testing, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place. Assisted in Black box, Smoke and sanity, & Regression testing.
- Used Tableau to derive business insights from OLAP cube and used Salesforce-Tableau connector (Canvas Adapter) to embed those insights to employee dashboards.
Environment: Scrum - waterfall Hybrid, MS Visio, MS Project, Asp.net, C# .net 4.5, MS SQL server 2012, Visual studio 2013, JIRA 7.1, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), SSIS, Salesforce Cloud CRM, MS IIS 8.0, SOAP/XML, REST/JSON, HTML 5.0, FTP, SOA architecture, MS Azure DWH, Tableau, OLAP cube.
Confidential, Warren, New Jersey
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Developed process understanding with Subject matter experts to analyze “AS IS” and “TO BE” state. Conducted GAP Analysis to derive requirements for ACH processing.
- Interviewed Business users for eliciting requirements using JAD sessions, Survey/Questionnaire, Interviewing, Focus Groups and analyzed teh feasibility of teh requirements.
- Gathered Requirements to assist in Billing center process of ODFI to support their payment cycle. Utilized existing data of ACH from Data Center and integrated to enhancement for testing.
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) and managed migration process and developer fixes, retested fixes, defects/bugs tracking, issue log and tracked progress for team members of project through completion.
- Assisted PO in writing and prioritizing user stories in Product Back Log and Acceptance criteria elaboration.
- Created Wireframes and mock ups using Balsamiq and MS Visio, to effectively communicate teh user-interface platforms to teh system development teams.
- Developed ConceptualandLogical Data Modelby coordinating with teh System Architect and Development Team.
- UsedSQL Minus queries(Source-minus-targetandtarget-minus-source) queries, to make sure teh extraction process did not provide duplicate data in teh source and all unnecessary columns are removed before loading teh data for validation.
- Created Data Mapping documents for tables stored in database, after coordinating with teh team, business users & other analysts.
- PerformedData Validation, draftedSteering Committee Approvalprocedures, overseeing teh implementation of approved projects and ensured that teh project goals are achieved.
- DocumentedREST APIviaJSONusing documentation tools(Swagger).
- Used Swagger Specification and converted itto API documentationand used Plugins for integration withASP.net.
- Extensively involved in manual & automation testing and assisted in smoke & sanity and regression testing.
- Supported User Acceptance Testing phase to ensure teh requirements and functionality of teh system was in accordance to teh users and their feedback was incorporated.
- Assisted in identifying risk needed to develop Risk analysis as required by NACHA and Fraud detection for red flags to report fraud, patterns and inconsistencies and maintaining a Risk Register.
- Generated reports using Tableau and communicated effectively across company contacts and clients, internal team about teh project requirements, schedules and launches.
Environment: Scrum - waterfall Hybrid, MS Visio, Fraud management, Risk management, Asp.net, C#.net 4.5, MS SQL server 2012. Visual studio 2013, JIRA 6.1, Tableau, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project, MS IIS 7.0, SOAP/XML, REST/JSON, HTML 5.0, FTP, SOA architecture.
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Gathered business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, interviewing business users and stakeholders, conducting one to one sessions and consulting existing systems documents. Understood problem definition through one to one meetings with Data architect, Enterprise architect and Solution advisors.
- Utilized knowledge of teh Dodd-Frank Act, teh Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) regulations, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Assisted in identifying documents needed to develop Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) as required by Bank Secrecy Act and FINCEN for generating reports and red flags to report fraud, money laundering, patterns and inconsistencies activities
- Assisted data analyst in data mapping for Enhanced Due Diligence and Further Due Diligence
- Prepared Requirement Document (Release Planning Document/HLD), assisted PO in preparing Product Backlog and UAT artifact through assisting him elaborate acceptance criteria.
- Created Wireframes and mock ups using Balsamiq and MS Visio, to effectively communicate teh user-interface platforms to teh system development teams.
- Developed Conceptual and Logical ER diagrams for teh database. Created Data Dictionary for teh data models.
- Identified Source systems for financial data profiling of teh legacy system.
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data such as Select queries nested queries, Joins, Unions etc.
- Integrated Red Hat open source Business Process Management (BPM) Suit that combines Business Process Management as well as Business Rule Management.
- Deployed Horton works data platform (HDP) to migrate to Hadoop ecosystem and integrated Kafka with Storm and HBase for real time analytics on streaming data
- Identified various data sources that must be stored in teh Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Used Sqoop to transfer data between HDFS and structured data sources and Flume to load streaming data.
- Assisted in increasing Data Integrity by performing Data Normalization and adding Data Verification and Validity to maintain accuracy and effectiveness of data.
- Used Data Center for Integrating Legacy systems and supporting decision making.
- Assisted with implementation of SNOW-flake schemas in teh Dimensional model by providing business rules to architects.
- Assisted in teh implementation of Integrated Data Warehouse with individual data marts to address areas of business interest.
- Integrated various OLTP databases to teh OLAP using Informatica PowerCenter as an ETL and reporting tool. Also maintained teh Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball Paradigms.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation patterns in existing data using SPSS, Stata, excel and XL Miner and constructed SQL queries.
- Integrated third party services for enhanced due diligence on on-boarding customers, companies and ID documentations using REST API.
- Assisted QA team in User Acceptance Testing, while developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensured that appropriate documentation is in place. Supported teh team during manual & automation testing, smoke & sanity testing, Regression testing and SIT.
- Used Tableau for reporting purposes and generating useful business insights.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), Informatica PowerCenter, Horton Works Data platform, Hive, Spark; Hadoop Kafka, Storm, HBase, Flume, Sqoop; Jira (6.0), HP ALM, HP UFT (11.5) Oracle (11g), MS Visio (15.0), Red Hat JBoss BPM 6.0, Zookeeper, Helix; Balsamiq2.2, Eclipse, Maven, Java, GitHub, Tableau.
Confidential, Lexington Ave, New York
Business System Analyst
- Elicited business requirements for teh project using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use case scenarios.
- Documented Functional requirements & business requirements to create AS-IS and TO-BE business process models.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Understood teh Business process flow for better reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for preparation of Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Used Visio to create process flow diagrams for management and logical mapping of different aspects of teh process.
- Devised UML diagrams (Use Cases, Activity, Sequence and Class Diagrams) to capture teh dynamic behavior of different applications.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix and interacted with QA team to ensure quality of software.
- Used SQL queries to extract data for report generation and Minus queries to narrow down data to only key components.
- Recorded Data Mapping documents of various HTML fields to XML tags and further onto tables stored in database, after coordinating with teh team, business users & other analysts.
- Used SSIS for ETL process to map data and assemble data repository and created data marts.
- Analyzed and documented domain specific APIs while conducting teh Interface Analysis, to interpret teh data formats in their WSDL/WADL for a thorough understanding of Business Requirements.
- DocumentedREST APIviaJSONusing documentation tools(Swagger), used Swagger Specification and converted itto API documentationand used Plugins for integration withASP.net.
- Reviewed and assisted in Stress Testing techniques, scenarios and reports generated by teh bank.
- Designed Test Plans and Test Cases and assisted QA teams in User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Assisted in smoke & sanity testing, regression testing and system integration testing (SIT).
- Utilized SAS (Proc SQL) for report generation on data to be analyzed from data warehouse and data marts.
- Conducted interviews with project managers, SMEs, business users to collect requirements and business process information.
- Interacted with customers and internal stakeholders to gather user requirements and their expectations from teh system to create Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS). Created UML Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Teamed up with teh credit allocation department to perform market survey and learn client requirements to assist teh technical team in Software development.
- Assisted in selecting teh technology for teh application based on Cost-Effectiveness and Quality with an eye towards teh future.
- Tracked and reported timely performance against plans and forecast analyzed gaps and recommended corrective measures to improve productivity.
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data such as Select queries, nested queries, Joins, Unions etc.
- Used SharePoint 2010 for content management and document management.
- Analyzed, documented and tested various 3rd party APIs, for a thorough understanding of their request/response data formats.
- Assisted in automation and manual testing and in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Cases, Testing Cycle schedules, Test Scenarios and implemented them with QA team. Managed test cases and logged defects using HP ALM tool.
- Utilized Tableau 6.0 for reporting purposes and generating useful business insights.
Environment: Waterfall, HP ALM, MS Project, MS Visio, MS SQL Server 2008, SharePoint 2010, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), Tableau 6.0, SOAPUI.