- Extensive knowledge in full SDLC Governance and Collaboration from Inception to Deployment phases. Worked in traditional Waterfall, Spiral and Agile frameworks Scrum, Scrum - Waterfall, Scrum-ban, and Safe.
- Knowledge of various regulatory acts such as PCIDSS, PCISSC, PA-DSS, Bank Secrecy Act, Dodd Frank wall Street Reform and Consumer Act, Sarbanes Oxley Act, Basel I, II, III Fincen, OFAC.
- Proficient in Requirement Management, road mapping, Issue Tracking, Impediment Management, and Work Allocation using tools like JIRA, CA Agile (RALLY) and HP ALM.
- Adept at coordinating with Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and End Users to understand, analyze and gain consensus of requirements through a techniques such Prototyping, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Joint Application Design (JAD), Joint Application Review (JAR) sessions, prerequisite walkthroughs
- Experience in conducting SWOT Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Cost Benefit, Feasibility Study and ROI.
- Extensive experience in Project Collaboration tools such as SharePoint, JIRA, Version One and Salesforce CRM
- Comprehensive knowledge of and highly applicable skills in Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Mitigation, Quantitative Risk Analysis, Qualitative Risk Analysis, Prepared Risk Register
- Excellent business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), USE Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Data Dictionary, Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and UML diagrams.
- Facilitated backlog refinement sessions, sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, and retrospective meetings.
- Assisted maintaining product backlog, sprint backlog, writing PBI’s, sizing user stories, estimating the user stories. Managed open issues, removed impediments, improved software quality & test coverage on JIRA.
- Designed and developed Use Case, Activity, Sequence, and Data Flow diagrams to define the Business Process.
- Extensive experience in conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Logical and Conceptual designs for Database, Data Warehousing, Business Architecture, and many Distributed IT systems.
- Experience in SQL queries like Joins, Subqueries, and Aggregate functions to ensure DB, UI Alignment
- Good working knowledge of Three-Tier architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services (SOAP, REST, WSDL), Version control, Client-Side and Server-Side Validation.
- Documented requirements and Web APIs (JSON documentation&XML documentation) usingSwagger,IO docsforJSONto assist developers in their development.
- Extensive execution learning of Business Intelligence, Data warehousing, Data Structures, Schemas, Physical Models, Data Marts, OLAP and OLTP Operations, Master Data Management (MDM)
- Interacted with data architect for Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Used DDL, DML, DRL in SQL to perform CRUD operations on databases such as joins and stored procedures.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management, Master Data Management, Data Profiling, Data Analysis, Data Discovery, Source to Target (S2T) data mapping documents.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, extraction/ transformation/ loading (ETL) process, and data migration using DTS.
- Involved in projects related to implementation of Data warehousing, Data Structures, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP Operations such as Roll-Up, Drill-Down, Slice, Dice and Pivot. Knowledge of Data-Migration, Data Lineage, Data Migration to Cloud, Systems Mapping and Data-Governance Processes.
- Participated extensively in User Acceptance Testing, Black-Box testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Load/Stress testing, Regression testing, End-to-End testing, and Integration testing.
- Used Tableau, Quick view to create executive dashboards and reports for the key business measurements by providing users with interactive and responsive reports.
- Expertise in the management of User Request Change, Change Management, and handle User/Team Conflicts.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, Waterfall-Scrum, XP, Spiral.
Business Modelling Tool: MS VISIO, Balsamiq, Lucid Chart, Bizagi
Project Management: Rally, JIRA, Version One, SharePoint, HP ALM, Confluence
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,10, Mac OS, Linux
Dara Warehousing: Data Modelling, Data Mapping, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Roll Up/Drill Down, Pivot
Database/ETL: MS Access, Oracle DB, SQL Server, Informatica- Power Center, Data Quality, MDM
Reporting/BI: Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSRS, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, Quick view
Language: Java, C++, HTML, XML, SQL, COBOL, Xpath
Defect Tracking/ Testing Tools: HP QC, Load Runner, JIRA, Soap UI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium, HPALM, TFS
Miscellaneous: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, Skype Business, Adobe Photoshop, RedHat JBoss BPM suite, Oracle BPM, Oracle IAM Proofpoint, Oracle SOA/AIA, Salesforce, Mule ESB, Swagger, Proofpoint, SAS Visualization
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gained knowledge of the MSRB, NYSE, SEC, Federal/State/Local Government procedures regarding communications with the public
- Interviewed business users, stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts and performed extensive document analysis to develop a thorough understanding of end to end business processes
- Identified and mapped stakeholders to RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed) matrix to ensure smoother change process and to clarify roles and responsibilities in the cross-functional project.
- Conducting searches, gathering data, and recording evidence from internal systems and commercial databases
- Analyzed the required data and services both inbound and outbound and documented Assumptions, Dependencies, Constraints, and Other Impacted Capabilities
- Worked with management team to map detailed current As-Is processes and To-Be processes for GAP analysis
- Drafted Out of Scope Items, Future State Considerations and Entry, Exit, Suspension, Resumption Criteria
- Identified workflows, Prepared, and documented the UML diagrams- Activity, Sequence, Use Case, Data Flow, and Created page mockups using Balsamiq.
- Created overview document for data conversion, data dictionaries, data mapping documents, detailed instructions, specification documents, pre-requisites, sample files, loader formats and business test cases.
- Implemented SQL queries to perform data validation, CRUD operations, joins, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous systems using SQL tools (SSIS).
- Assisted the teams in creating clear and concise epics and further breaking them into user stories. Actively participated in backlog grooming sessions throughout the sprint and ensured granularity of user stories.
- Designed and documented REST/SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats using Swagger.
- Worked on front-end and back-end Application Programming Interface (API) to define the functionalities of UI.
- Assisted the QA team to conduct functional testing, compliance testing, performance testing and assisted in development of the test plan, test conditions, test cases.
- Extensively involved in Functional testing covering different formats of XMLs being developed to be sent to Proofpoint which will include the defined Policies, Reviewers and Rules as well as the Monitored Staff
- Expertise in using TFS to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Strategized testing so that it is focused on validating that the policies are created for various business units and entities. Validation will be done to ensure that the rules and review teams have been assigned correctly in XML
- Provided a report that identifies when rule trigger volumes go up or down, in an amount outside of a specified tolerance during a period specified by the user
- Created solution driven dashboards using different chart types like Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau
- Actively Involved in defect triage, validated defects, updated status of defects with proper RCA.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), JBOSS, JIRA7.2, HPALM, REST /SOAP, SOA, XML, Java 8, Proofpoint, SSIS packages, MSSQL, TFS, Swagger, Balsamiq, Tableau 8.2, GITHUB
Confidential, Warren, New Jersey
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Acquired Knowledge of the Dodd-Frank Act, the Bank Secrecy Act, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) regulations, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Captured the high-level requirements in Confluence and the same with JIRA to trace epics and user stories to high level requirements
- Performed the required KYC assessments on customers and documenting the information obtained on the client.
- Ensured compliance with all AML laws and regulations including OFAC, CIP, KYC, transaction monitoring.
- Coordinated and managed investigations with BSA Compliance team on questionable accounts and transactions.
- Coordinated with Banking Team to collect and organize Know Your Customer (KYC) information for new and existing accounts, and review supporting documentation
- Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Efficiently interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow and keep them updated about business user's specifications.
- Managed all the requirements effectively and made them available to all team members and presented the testing defects and resolution in the project review meetings.
- Analyzed workflows, Prepared, and documented the UML diagrams- Activity, Sequence, Data Flow using ER Win
- Analyzing and reviewing name screening alerts to determine if the client is an SPF match to such alerts
- Developed tables, views, various SQL queries, stored procedures, functions.
- Examined, analyzed, and modeled Test plans Use Case Model cases & Test procedures
- Assisted the QA team to conduct functional testing, compliance tensing, performance testing and develop the test plan, test conditions, test cases.
- Managed Deliverables such as Software release planning, status reports, issue resolutions for implementation, and minutes of various meetings.
- Generated KPI reports on the data project and identified enhancement opportunities across products by creating dashboards, visualizations and reporting using MS Excel and tableau
Environment: Scrumban, JIRA 7.2, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CitiSmart, Mantas, Citi screening, SAR Database, Confluence, Tableau, ER Win, Selenium IDE, HP QC, HP ALM, GITHUB
Confidential, O'Fallon, MO
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered requirements for development of new customized products for all the requirements coming in for various financial majors and banks which includes identification high-level business needs, Prepared Detail Requirement document (DRD), Screen field Design Doc, Preparation of Application Work Flow
- Identified new custom menus and enhanced existing menu options based on the requirements.
- Planed and devised strategy to complete the data mapping exercise for multiple legacy products used to create the initial data upload for application.
- Understood the Underwriting Rules and Rating during Interview sessions with the stakeholders.
- Assisted the team in requirement gathering of modules Pages, Underwriting Rules, Non-Functional Requirements.
- Prepared the function flow of application; prepare the Page Mockups, utilized modeling techniques (business process, data) to discover & clarify the functional and data requirement using USE case diagram and workflow/sequence diagram MS Visio
- Experience with Salesforce analysis, objects workflow and integrations.
- Experience in working with various data formats such as EDI, EDIFACT, XML, CSV, JSON, XML in Mule ESB.
- Good hands on experience using mule connectors like Database, FTP, FILE, SFTP, Salesforce.
- Created SQL queries like stored procedures, functions, joins and packages based on the client requirement
- Conducted end-to-end data validation of data flow and created the Data Mapping Document, for defining data flow between data source and target, along with business rules
- Worked on data profiling & various data quality rules development using Informatica Data Quality.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using various tools Wrote extensive SQL scripts for validating the data generated by the UAT's.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Full life cycle experience in Quality Assurance, including Black Box, system, integration, database, Data Migration, Interface, GUI, Functional, Regression, End to End, User Acceptance, Smoke testing of both client-server and web-based applications
- Involved in creation manual and automated test cases to increase regression coverage.
- Created testing data needed to execute manual and automated test cases using Data Driven Frameworks
- Create reports in Salesforce.com to meet operational requirements & maintaining a standard set of reports
- Experience in Customer & Partner portals, SalesForce.com sites in creating and customizing user interfaces to the customers and partners to resolve their enquiries.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Sun Solaris, Linux, IBM MQ, Java, C++, Finacle (Infosys), Salesforce, Tableau, Mule ESB, Oracle DB, selenium, JIRA, cucumber, MS Visio
Confidential - Menomonee Falls, WI
Sr.Business Systems Analyst Enterprise Data Warehouse System
- Elicited, clarified, and documented business requirements and created Business Requirement Documents, interacted with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements
- Collected business requirements from different stakeholders after multiple Interview sessions. Facilitated the meetings with stakeholders and documented those requirements for the development team.
- Negotiated with internal and external parties to meet deadlines
- Designed & managed business intelligence (DW/BI) architectures based on dimensional star schema principles.
- Efficient at performing Prioritizing Techniques (MoSCoW, Kano Model, Business Value Based, Technology Risk Based), Slicing Techniques (Horizontal Slicing, Vertical Slicing) and used Estimation Techniques (T-Shirt Sizing, Planning Poker, Relative Mass Valuation, Bucket System) to evaluate the User
- Helped product owner Create User Stories and adding acceptance criteria, DOR, DOD based on requirements
- Collaborated with other business analysts, designers, developers, and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Performed detailed functional and technical analysis of requirements and client's existing applications.
- Closely worked with the Scrum Master for identifying different agile metrices like capacity, velocity
- Reviewed technical designs & functional designs to ensure that business needs are being met
- Assisted in creating Complex transformations, Mapplets using Informatica to Extract, Transform and load data into Datamarts, Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW).
- Helped data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Filter, look up, source qualifier and Update Strategy.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables.
- Validated the data in the reports by writing simple to complex SQL queries in the transactional system
- Used Rest client - POSTMAN and SOAPUI tools to test REST API services.
- Defined testing strategy for Data Warehouse projects. Created test plans and reported testing status.
- Executed the Test cases for ETL tables and created reports using IBM Cognos.
Environment: Scrum-Waterfall, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio Outlook), HTML, Data Mapping/Modeling, HPALM, Informatica, MySQL, IBM Cognos Lifecycle Manager, JIRA, confluence, GITHUB
Sr. Business systems Analyst
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS Compliance and made sure procedures were adhered to the compliance.
- Conducted sessions, meetings, interviews with internal and global stakeholders and understood requirements from the business perspective and translated them into key deliverables such as SRS, FSD and BRD.
- Created sample files such as count files, store specific demographic files, movement files with continual interactions with SME’s
- Created Gantt Charts, WBS, critical path analysis, and project schedules and alignment using MS Project.
- Assisted in creation of data feeds (inbound and outbound data feeds), data models
- Experience in several facts of MDM implementations including Data Profiling, data migration, validation, reject processing and pre-landing processing.
- Implemented SQL queries to perform data validation, CRUD operations, joints, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Key participant in data services and API and web service design activities by providing knowledge of the data domains and ensuring design addresses data usage needs across consumers
- Worked with the Quality Assurance team in validating Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Conducted manual testing, automation testing, Smoke testing, Black Box testing, Regression testing and UAT in conveying testing standards and created test cases, test scenarios and test plans using HP QC, ALM.
Environment: Waterfall -Scrum, MS Visio, Informatica MDM, Red Hat JBoss Application Server, Red Hat JBoss Web Server, Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite, Informatica ETL, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Java Script, AJAX, JIRA, Confluence, Altova XML, SVN
SOA Jr. Business System Analyst
- Created Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD) and System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and design and development of use case scenarios.
- Generated Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams and State Chart Diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Proficiently analyzed, designed and re-engineered system applications using established system analysis, business and system process design, Implementation of methodologies, Responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project timelines and planning, documentation, and test plans.
- Analyzed data/workflows; defined the scope. Verified and Validated Detailed Use Cases, Business Rules, Data Rules and Design documents.
- Fine-tuned SQL Queries like EXISTS, HAVING, UNION ALL for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Analyzed Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective; reviewed Test Strategy, Traceability Matrices and Test Plans for the functional, performance requirements.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, created user Manuals.
- Created action filters, parameters, and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
Environment: Waterfall, Oracle SOA/BPM Suite 11g/12c, Oracle BAM 11.1.X, OSB 11g/12c, WSDL, Oracle JDeveloper 188.8.131.52.0 , WebLogic 10.3, XML, and Oracle 11g, Microsoft Visio, Oracle IAM, Rally, Altova XML, SVN, Sharepoint