- Over 7+years of experience as a Financial business analyst/Sr. Business Sytem analyst in banking and financial services withfocus on Fixed Income, Risk Management, Compliance, Trading Systems.
- Extensive experience working withCapital and Financial Markets, Financial Instruments, Treasury Securities, Derivatives (Swaps, Options and Futures), Credit and Interest rate derivatives Trading systems, Wealth Management.
- Experienced working with compliance team onAML, KYC, Dodd Frank Compliance, OFAC, FATCA, CCAR.
- Highly experienced withBasel II/III, Credit Risk, Market Risk/Liquidity Risk Modeling and Management.
- Comprehensive work experience with financial productssuch as Equity, Fix Income, Mutual Funds, ETFs, OTC, Certificates of Deposits, Agency Securities, Asset - Backed Securities (ABS), Mortgaged-Backed Securities (MBS), Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMO), Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO).
- End to end experience working Trade Life Cycle (Front Office, Mid Office and Back Office),Portfolio Management from Pre-Trade to Execution of Trade to Post Trade.
- Proven expertise working in various SDLCs including Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile-Scrum
- Proven expertise in creatingProductBacklog, Sprint Backlog, Userstories, BurndownCharts, and Planning Poker.
- Experienced in the collaboration and conduction of SCRUM ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Daily Stand-Up Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meetings.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Proficiency in writing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and detailing into system requirement specification (SRS).
- Experienced managing business requirements through Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Involved in creating Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed Matrix (RACI) for role participation.
- Extensive experience with SQL and other relational databases for querying and reportingpurposes.
- Good experience with ETL(Extract, Transform and Load) Process using Informatica&BI dashboard reports integrated with Tableau
- Good understanding of Data lineage flow to analyze Source &Target Systems
- Worked with InformaticaPowercenter’s Metadata Manager to generate Data lineagevisual map to ensure data integrity
- Experienced in XML, WSDL,WEB-SERVICES, SOA, SOAP, RESTand documentation for system interfaces
- Extensive experience in performing Impact analysis for change management and doing Gap analysis
- Proficiency in creating Unified-Modeling language (UML) diagrams like Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagram, State Chart Diagram, Entity Relationship and Activity Diagram etc.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Smoke Testing, and test script review for Integration Testing, Regression Testing, and Progression Testing.
- Experienced in creating User Manuals and in Production Support, ORR, and PPV activities.
Business Tools: SAP/Sybase Power Designer, Rational Suite Enterprise, MS Office, MS Project, MS visio
Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Agile-SCRUM
Project management and Testing Tools: Silk Central, JIRA, BugZilla, Version One HP ALM, HP Quality Center
Database: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Data Analytics Tool: Tableau, Cognos
User Interface Tools: SnagIt, Smartdraw, Just in Mind, Balsamiq
Confidential, NYC, NY
Senior Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Generated requirements for Capital Markets - Fixed Income Investment Management Business, Portfolio Management, Wealth management, Hedge funds, corporate actions, Brokerage and Trading Model within the scope of both the Front and Middle Office.
- Implemented Agile Scrum methodology guidelines to build artifacts in different sprints and phases of the application development process using JIRA.
- Gathered business requirements by reviewing existing artifacts and interacting with stakeholders including the Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, and Compliance team related to Equity, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, ETFs, OTC, Certificates of Deposits, Agency Securities,ABS, MBS, CMO, CDO.
- Performed GAP analysis by analyzing legacy system, understanding business processes, and the impact of implementing the proposed integration of the application.
- Documented the functional and non-functional requirements into Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs) to illustrate the implementation of the technical functionalities.
- Conducted and led the JAD session with end users and developers to setup project goals and objectives when faced with a set of issues related to system design anddata migration.
- Conducted stand-up meetings daily to ensure that the project was flowing in the right direction with respect to progress, issues, tasks, and resolutions.
- Managed Changes by receiving change requests from users, analyzing the same with Project Manager to see if the requests are feasible and implementing those requests.
- Used Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) to categorize and structure the requirements into logical groupings to avoid redundancy, improve maintainability and help define boundaries.
- Assisted Project Manager in creating Project Plan, Deliverables Scheduling, Status Meetings, Reports, and handling Change Requests.
- Acted as a liaison between several teams within the business and technology group to prioritize product and sprint backlogs, help meet deadlines and achieve target burndown rate using JIRA.
- Collaborated with data modeling team to build ER Diagrams by identifying data objects and constraints.
- Worked withFixed Incometrading desk to discuss, encapsulate, and finalize the data migration process.
- CreatedUse Case diagramsfor the project manager and team leads to provide a better understanding of the intricacies of the migration and application testing process.
- Used SQL queries to generate business reports as per client requirements, performed data validation testing and data analysis.
- Performed SQL Queries to retrieve and validate data, prepared for data mapping document.
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules and data definitions
- Good knowledge onInformaticaPowerCenter’s Metadata Managerforgenerating Data Lineage visual maps to identify impacted data, reduce data errors &ensure data integrity.
- Extensively involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading(ETL process) from Source totarget systems using InformaticaPowercenter 9.5
- Experienced working with Data Lineage flow to analyze Source &Target Systems
- Created UML diagrams such as the UCD, Activity diagrams, Process flow diagrams, Screen Mockups, and Sequence diagrams as supplements to ensure stakeholder understanding.
- Worked closely with QA team to create test plans, test objectives, test cases and executed smoke testing, performance testing, and UAT.
- Used SOAP UI for functional, performance testing of web services based on SOA.
- Used JIRA to trackdefects, report defects, and maintain log for the system.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Power Designer,Smart Draw, MS Project,MS Office, MS Visio, JIRA, SoapUI, UML, Oracle 11g, Oracle SQL developer, PL SQL, Tableau,, Informatica
Business Analyst / Scum Master
- Worked withFixed Income/Fix Protocoltrading desk to discuss, encapsulate, and finalize themigrationprocess.
- Involved in providing day to day support for theGovernment Bond (Treasuries), corporate bond and Mortgage backed securities desk.
- Interviewedtradersandanalystsand created a list offunctional specificationsandBusiness Rulesbased on it.
- Collected and filtered different static data likeCalendars, Index, Bonds, and Customer Ratings, Treasuriesetc. Work included comparing Pricing, Risk Numbers generated by various systems.
- Interacted closely with stakeholders andSubject Matter Experts (SME)for requirements gathering and clearly documenting, and holding joint application delivery sessions across functional areas to ensure requirements covering on business values, story points and acceptance criteria.
- Intense Expertise in creating UML diagrams likeProcess Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Created and maintained User Stories by workshop, interviewing, brainstorming, and one on one meeting with the business users to communicate the requirements to development and testing teams.
- ConductGap Analysisof the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be added in to address these issues and implement proper solutions.
- Consulted the business users and SMEs, helped to create Product Backlogs to prioritize features and subsequently created Sprint Backlogs.
- Played lead role inJADsessions, got requirement specification documents including Project Objectives, Business Requirements, and Business Rules sign off.
- ConductedDaily Stand-up Meeting, documented and updated theBurn-Down Chart.
- Involved inWalk-through sessionswith developers and gave presentations to help them understand the end user needs.
- PerformedSQL Queriesto retrieve and validate data, prepared for data mapping document.
- Collaborated withQAteam to create and implement test plan and test cases forUser Acceptance Testing (UAT). Involved with the wholeUATto ensure the performance of the system and application.
- Conducting brainstorming sessions with Business Users to gather raw requirements and facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD)sessions to make sure that project is in scope.
- Extensively worked in Agile frame work throughout all the phases ofSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Reviewed controls for regulatory complianceand update new controls when necessary.
- Worked closely withSubject Matter Experts (SME)of all applications for different types of risk control violation, including conference call and raising Jira ticket for change request release.
- Maintained aRequirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed at the Use Case Leveland matched with the Business Requirements.
- Involved in design and implementation ofProgression and Regression Testsof the new functionalities added in system.
- Conducted quickSmoke Testafter each billing in testing and plannedUser Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- ConductingScrum meetingwith technology team to discuss possible solutions for requirements from the business team, and review the work of current phase
- Managed bugs usingDefect Tracking Tool RALLY reviewed each defect and assigned development team to resolve problems.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Windows, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project,HP Quality Center, RALLY, SharePoint, and Balsamiq, Oracle 10g, Oracle SQL developer, PL SQL
Confidential, Stanford, CT
- Successfully coordinated to design and document Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specifications and Technical maps for Asset Management stream.
- Worked closely withCreditRiskBusinessusers to gather end-to endBusinessrequirements.
- Collaborated with SMEs in providing specialist coverage FixedIncomeTeam, assisting as the last point of contact regarding client inquiries regarding High Yield Bonds, Government Securities, Bond Futures, and Preferred Securities.
- Documented the ongoing assessment of thecreditriskmanagement processesthrough process flow diagrams and documented the To-be processes.
- Coordinated Computation of bonds’ value using different maturity dates and interest rates, conductedduration and convexity analysisfor fixed-income securities and estimated exposure toYield to Maturity(YTM), Yield to First Call (YTFC), Normal Yieldcalculations.
- Collaborated with back office team to ensure that the payment transferred to investor via Clearing House (NACHA) is correct.
- Conducted extensive brainstormingsessionswith end users and SMEs to understand the processes and gather requirements.
- Prepared BusinessRequirement Documents (BRDs)andFunctional Requirement Documents (FRDs)to capture the essential and extended functionalities for the proposed system.
- Developed theUse Casesto self-understand and communicate the process to be deployed under the new system to the entiredevelopmentandtesting team.
- Organized and moderatedJoint Application Development (JAD)sessions with the end users, business users, developers and testers teams whenever necessary, as aconflict resolving tool.
- Performedwalkthroughs and knowledge transfer of business requirements and functional requirementswith the development and test teams.
- Created and maintainedRequirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)to manage requirements and performedImpact Analysiswhenrequest for change (RFC)arrived. Escalated the results of the analysis to theChange Control Board (CCB).
- Accountable for documentingMeeting of Minutesof the weekly meetings and distributing to PM and other team members.
- MadeScreen MockupandWireframesfor the application to easily communicate to the user, developer and tester
- Assisted Software test team in creating Test plan andtest casesto ensure the quality of the system
- Monitoredbugsin the system using tools likeSilk Centralto ensure that system meets the industry standards and business user’s requirements.
- Extensively usedSQLto verify the integrity and consistency of the data in the database.
- Trackedopen issuesand documentedprogress reportson weekly basis.
- Coordinated and MonitoredUser Acceptance Testing (UAT)with the business user and interfaced with the development and test team with regards to defect status and fixes on a regular basis.
- FacilitatedPost Production Validationand actively participated inproduction call supportwhenever necessary.
- Helped in preparing user-friendly documents likeuser manualsandsystem guides; provided training to user community as and when necessary.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Sybase Power Designer, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Silk Central, MS Project, MS SQL server 12, SSMS, T-SQL
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Facilitated Interviewing and Brainstorming sessions with the stakeholders and SME’s in understanding the requirements pertaining to the mortgage application process
- Involved in documenting the business process by identifying the requirements in BRD (Business Requirement Document)and involved in gathering the system requirements
- Interpreted business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modelling Language (UML) using MS Office Visio 2007
- Coordinated with the developers and discussed issues in interpreting the requirements and effectively managed the finalized requirements using HP Quality Center 9
- Worked as a user/customer advocate and negotiated with user as well as with developers and management staff to resolve any requirement conflict to bridge the gaps between IT and Business
- Actively participated in GUI testing, functional testing and system testing
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) to track requirements against designed test cases
- Performed gap analysis by identifying existing processes and technologies and documented the enhancements needed to meet the end state requirements
- Successfully coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements
- Wrote SQL queries in MS SQL server for data manipulations
- Prepared weekly/ monthly project status reports which included the major milestones achieved in the project, tasks completed in the reporting period, planned tasks for the next reporting period, issues/concerns/risks raised in the project
- Coordinated and attended meetings to review specifications with the Quality Assurance Manager and other team members
Environment: Waterfall, Windows, MS SQL server 2008, T-SQL, SSMS, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Agile, HP Quality Center, SharePoint
- Worked withBusiness User Representativesand other Business Analysts to understand the current system and the business process in place to identify deficiencies and areas for improvement.
- PerformedGAP analysisby creatingAS-IS and TO-BEdocuments to identify the potentials of the improved system.
- Prototyped the application changes usingMS Paintprovidingmock-up screens.
- FacilitatedChange Managementwithin the project by performingImpact Analysisfor Change Requests obtained during early stages of theProject Life Cycle.
- Widely usedRequirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)for identifying and tracing the linkages among several connected project artifacts to analyse the impact of a desired change.
- Assisted Testing teams inRegression testing and Black box testing; Participated in Navigation testing,Smoke testingandUAT testingof each build during the various phases of the application.
Environment: Waterfall, Smart Draw, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Borland Silk Central, Oracle, MS Access