- Business Analyst/Project Manager with 9+ years of experience in Banking and Confidential Markets, working successfully on multiple Front Office rates Trading and Sales projects and initiatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of Derivatives, Fixed Income, Rates Trading and Sales processes, and trade lifecycles, Sensitivity and Scenario Analyses, and Pricing Curves for rates derivatives
- Practical experience in the successful implementation of Trading systems (Calypso), Data Repositories, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, for Banking and Confidential Markets.
- Strong background in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management methodology.
- Professional, flexible, creative, and goal oriented; combining analytical skill and creativity to find effective solutions for internal and external customers, with an emphasis on achieving top down organizational goals.
- MS Project
- SQL Server familiarity with Sybase SQL and Oracle SQL
- VBA familiarity with C++
- Enterprise Architect
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst on BlackRock Aladdin Fixed Income implementation project, with a focus on Security Master and Reference data systems data integration. Specifically, part of team building out a middleware software and database solution to support trading and reference data real - time messaging and file integration between Aladdin and Confidential Group internal systems
- Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements and create supporting stories
- Work with Developers and Quality Management (QM). This includes responsibility for creating stories, performing story walkthroughs with Developers and QM, working with QM to define test scenarios, and at story completion, responsible for final story review and signoff.
- Ongoing work with onsite vendor (BlackRock Systems) consultants to resolve issues
- Acted as Scrum Master for various system integration projects related to BlackRock Aladdin implementation
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Primary Rates Business Analyst/Project Manager (BA/PM) supporting Calypso Front Office Sales, Trading, and Middle Office
- Work with Senior Management Sales and Trading as BA/PM including new Rates product implementations and responsible for Front Office Calypso risk reporting
- Project Manager (PM) responsible for the successful implementation of Calypso v13 including: OIS pricing and Calypso’s new risk reporting framework
- Work with Trading to build out complete Front Office OIS pricing environment, curves, and FO hedge reporting. This included comparing key input assumptions and parameters such as interpolation methods, curve points, and smoothing algorithms, and using Excel to test and document risk measure comparison.
- Work with Market Risk Management group to capture requirements and create system Scenario and Sensitivity reports, bucket hedge reports, and clean P&L report.
- Primary Business Analyst on Algo 5 collateral system upgrade. Supporting BA for the implementation of Initial Margin (IM) for uncleared swaps. This included working with group’s quantitative manager to capture requirements, build out IM process flows, and set up Sensitivity Analysis to support calculations.
- Project Manager and Business Analyst on the successful implementation of IB&M Cross Asset Mark to Mark Customer Portal, and other ad hoc initiatives and projects
- IB&M Business Analyst coordinating external groups requiring IB&M Technology development.
- Lead BA on Calypso v9 to v12 upgrade project which included delivering upgrade in five months
- Participating BA on creating IB&M Data Repository for reporting and analytics
- Lead BA on initial IB&M Dodd Frank Swap Dealer projects including: Swap Data Repository reporting and Customer Documentation management system implementations. This included requirements definition, participation in vendor selection and SOW negotiations.
- Member of an IB&M select committee to determine group’s project lifecycle processes going forward including: definition, structure, roles and responsibilities, and follow up implementation.
Confidential, San Francisco
Business Systems Analyst
- Work with Senior Management Rates Sales as BA/PM on projects involving the design and successful implementation of integrated solution with: CRM, Calypso, and Data Repository.
- Work with Senior Management Sales and Compliance as joint Project Manager and Business Analyst on Customer Eligibility project to restructure and unify processes and workflows, to improve efficiency and control and support new derivatives sales regulatory requirements.
- Work with Senior Management in WFS rates and commodities sales to implement changes to the central Managerial and Analytical Information Systems (MIS) including managing integrated projects involving MS CRM, Calypso, Data Repository and various other ad-hoc applications.
- Managed project to successfully onboard Customized Structured Products sales group to CRM.
- Worked with the Senior Management of Principal Investing to develop and enhance the central Managerial and Analytical Information Systems (MIS). This involved the development and enhancement of systems managing the group's Corporate Debt, Credit Derivatives, Synthetics, Syndicated Bank Loans, and Muni portfolios. This included managing projects to build out portfolio OTTI (other than temporary impairment) and financial P&L reporting.
- Redesigned and restructured the Back Office Treasury/Repo Management and Accounting ($600m notional). Included redesigning workflows and developing a 3-tier integrated application (Access, Excel, VBA, and ADO) system of record, automating the P&L, managing settlements and performing MTM/Accrual Accounting for the Financial Products group.
- Involved in ‘Calypso’ Treasury implementation. WF Securities formally recognized my contribution in the Calypso Treasury Accounting implementation.
- End-to-end urban planning and expansion firm specializing in developing areas ($40m managed) Finance &Information Systems Manager
- Liaised between company, external technical departments, suppliers, banks and customers
- Participated in financial strategy sessions and major budgeting/ purchasing decisions