- Seasoned Business Analysis professional with around 5+ years of work experience in Banking, Healthcare and Retail industries.
- In - depth knowledge and practical experience of using Waterfall, Agile, Scrums, Rational Unified Process, Business Process Reengineering, Unified Modeling Language, System Requirements Specification, Functional Requirements Specification, Rapid Application Development, and MS Visio.
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams and documenting them using MS Visio.
- Strong experience in Business & Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services.
- Highly qualified in changing the needs of Business Users and Stakeholders to the Functional/Technical Requirements.
- Proficient in designing, capturing, consolidating, and maintaining key metrics with Agile and Scrum Protocols.
- Extensive experience in working with MS Excel. Created various charts, graphs, pivot tables, and ad-hoc reports in Excel.
- Served as a critical resource and liaised between Subject Matter Experts and Technologists throughout the project life cycle.
- Excellent conceptual and technical skills to create Business Requirements Document, Functional Specifications Document, Process Flow Diagram, and Detailed Design Document.
- Experience conducting JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with Stakeholders and Business Partners to resolve issues.
- Knowledge in Business Analysis, SWOT Analysis, GAP Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, Testing and Project Planning.
- Proficient in design and execution of Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases based on the requirements for the applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge in conflict management and configuration management.
- Proficient in broad range of technologies including business process tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and Rational Suite.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Performed GAP Analysis by identifying existing technologies, mapped the current and expected processes respectively.
- Conducted and lead the JAD sessions with end users and team members to setup project goals and objectives, issues resolution, and system design for effective software development.
- Documented requirement as Product Backlog for the project solution team.
- Prioritized the Product backlog as per business value and prepared Low-Level Functional Requirement Document for developer teams.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix (TM) between requirements and reviewed RTM's from testing team to made sure test cases covered all the requirements.
- Conducted Business Requirement Document walkthrough with business users, addressed any concerns raised and ensured timely signoffs to keep the project schedule.
- Assisted Project Manager in setting-up the timelines for project deliverables, managing project resources, and managing conflicts for successful completion of the project.
- Reviewed and streamlined existing CRM processes, information, and data requirements to ensure accurate adoption metrics reporting. Deactivated users to release licenses.
- Worked as a liaison between business and technical teams to communicate requirement prioritization and implementation level of effort to made sure highest value features were given higher priority.
- Effectively used Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) to categorize and structure the requirements into logical groupings to avoid redundancy, improve maintainability and help define boundaries.
- Conducted requirement walkthroughs with the development and test teams before the development and testing phases respectively, to ensure that the requirements were accurately understood.
- Assisted testing team in documentation of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, and managed complete defect tracking life cycle using a defect tracking tool and conducted User Acceptance Testing at functional level.
- Performed Impact Analysis when request for change (RFC) arrived by looking at Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) & escalated results of the analysis to Change Control Board (CCB).
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions with the business users to gather Regulatory Requirements Like Different Type of VAR Calculation and documented them for review by both business and technical team members.
Environment: JIRA, MS Visio, Erwin Data Modeler, SQL, Oracle, HP Quality Center, Crystal Reports, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word, UML, SSIS, Balsamiq, Cucumber Pro.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed reviews & audits for internal and external activities for the existing system and prepared activity/process flow using MS Visio.
- Created Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and analyzed data/workflows; defined the scope, financial projections and cost/benefit analysis; progressed from problem statement to well-documented designs.
- Conducted Sprint Planning with development & QA team.
- Used MS Word and Visio to document data flow of the “AS-IS” process and “TO-BE” process.
- Conducted JAD sessions & JRP sessions to get SMEs input.
- Gathered Business requirements for Integration points and mapped them with Functional Requirements.
- Worked as an interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Created Test Cases for System Testing (Development Environment) and Integration Testing (UAT) in Agile/Scrum Environment.
- Created sample Wireframes for easy learning of business and technology teams.
- Performed GAP Analysis to identify 5010 EDI transaction using implementation guide to identify the changes in the segments and data elements.
- Assisted in Load Testing and UAT Testing.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data Validation by writing basic queries against the database.
Environment: MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Agile/Scrum Environment, Quality Center.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Analyzed corporate healthcare business processes to develop customized solutions.
- Worked with Medicare operational management to monitor trends and report on operational metrics such as timeliness, workload, staff trending, customer satisfaction, and other key measures to facilitate performance excellence.
- Responsible for architecting integrated HIPAA, Medicare Solutions, and Facets.
- Participated in weekly meeting and discussed modification request with management team.
- Monitored performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and developed action plans for those areas needing improvement.
- Developed a detailed Test Plan and Test Cases to cover all the requirements.
- Participated in the team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Responsible for teaching sessions for end users to tell how to use tools.
- Analyzed data architecture, documented and delivered data mapping, and performed risk analysis.
- Frequently communicated with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed SWOT and Gap analysis for the new functionality requirements.
- Analyzed consumer surveys and gave technical inputs during business meetings.
- Facilitated the Customer in defining the high-level Functional Requirements and needs.
- Prepared the Prototype and Mockup Screens.
- Created, analyzed and implemented Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and Deployment Diagrams.
- Translated Business Requirements into Functional Requirements and approaches for developers.
- Provided management support to the offshore End-to-End Integration/Regression Test Team.
- Provided workflow documentation and comprehensive training to the healthcare clients.
Environment: RAD, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, SQL, Windows, MS Office Suite, Rational Rose, MS Project, MS Visio.