- Senior Business Analyst with 8 years of diversified experience and successful implementations in Information Technology, Insurance and Retail industry, involving in - depth understanding of Business Process Flows, Software Development Life Cycle, Process design, Business and functional requirements, Business case preparation, Development and Testing.
- Experienced in analyzing thebusinessrequirements for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and coordinating with the ERP development team.
- Capable of articulating ERP
- Have Strong Communication and Presentation Skills substantiated in past assignments with developers, projectmanagers, subject-matter experts, stakeholders, system implementers, and application end-users.
- Professional experience of all the phases and methodologies of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Methodologies.
- Functional experience with concentration on Project Management,Business Analysis, Claim Operations (End-Users) Readiness for new releases,BusinessProcess Modeling (BPM), Data Modeling, Project Management, Software Training, Software Development Methodologies, troubleshooting of client server and web-based systems.
- Extensive experience in UML Modeling like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Class Diagrams for better understanding of the functionality.
- Experienced in conducting GAP, Impact, SWOT, Cost-benefit, Feasibility, Risk analysis.
- Ability to gather Business and Technical Requirements from both formal and informal sessions utilizing a variety of elicitation techniques including One-on- One Interviews, Joint App Development Sessions, Document Analysis, and Interface Analysis.
- Experienced in conducting Daily Scrum meeting, Planning Sessions, Backlog updates, User Stories updates, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing.
- Experienced in Scrum Practices like User Stories, Story Slicing, Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Experienced in conducting Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design and Test Plan Design.
- Extensive experience in creating artifacts likeBusinessRequirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), creating Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and GUI Mockup Screens.
- Experience in understanding thebusinessprocess functionality and to translate them to system requirement specifications.
- Experience in using performance monitoring tools for constant supervision of applications and performance metrics
- Experience working as Joint Application Development (JAD) facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of project life cycle, project management processes, Change Management, principals, knowledge areas and various project management tools.
- Pleasant experience in working with QA methodologies and processes.
- Extensive experience in JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS), RALLY.
- Expertise in CCAR and managing complex financial reporting processes.
- Great skills in writing strong SQL queries and the ability to execute PL/SQL procedures.
- Coordinated with architects in various architectural designs like conceptual design and logical design.
- Well versed with various protocols related to web-services and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) like SOAP, REST.
- Expertise in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and testing web application static pages.
- Negotiating effectively with Product owner on the release priorities and exceptional scope creep.
- Checking the integrity of the newly added features and their effect to the existing ones with integrity testing and regression testing
- Extensively interacted with the designers, developers to ensure functional implementation of businessrequirements and QA team in executing Test Plans & Test case scenarios.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, facilitation, and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirements.
- Proven track record in producing high quality work under tight schedules and in multi-tasking to meetbusinessgoals.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and team management experience for handing multiple teams and delivering the output.
Business Skills: Business Process Analysis & Design, Requirement Gathering, Use Case
Modeling Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, HPALM, UML, MS Visio, Rational Doors
SDLC Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, Waterfall-Scrum
Database: MS SQL Server …, DB2, MS Access.
QA Testing Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Load Runner.
ERP Tools: Workday
Performance Monitoring: Nagios, AppDynamics Tools
Documentation Tools: MS Office Suite, SharePoint …
Project Management Tools: MS Project professional, MS Project Server
Agile Management Tools: Agile JIRA, Rally, HP Agile Manager
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
Senior Business Analyst
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirements and business process information.
- Planned and directed the implementation and then ongoing administration of Workday Applications to support short and long term Human Resources goals. My position was directly accountable for the successful delivery of Workday projects for a given functional area globally, using project management methodology and providing hands-on leadership and direction to the team, and is also responsible for the mapping Workday business requirements, business process design and integrated systems including technical requirements, documentation and change management alignment.
- Maintained deep platform knowledge for Workday ERP applications, be advisor to IT Business Engagement teams in considering and developing process solutions
- Provide functional support during technology upgrades/implementations and work successfully as a liaison with Employee Success, Payroll, IT, and other partners
- ProvidedERPsystem support to the following departments: Accounting, purchasing, production, distribution, billing, customer order entry and inquiry, and quality.
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the ATS and talent area, from requirements definition gathering to project planning, testing and implementation.
- Manage Workday HRIS platform, HRIS Business processes, security and administration of user management
- Manage data transfer and interface routines
- Manage Workday HCM configuration for both testing and production environments.
- Acted as a primary liaison for global business services for Talent Management for Workday escalations, change management and continuous process improvements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and design meetings with the Stakeholders, SME's and Leads of Interfaces.
- Established and maintained strong relationships with HR COEs, HRBPs and other stakeholders. Communicate client group feedback to leadership as appropriate.
- Conducted product backlog, sprint backlog and release backlog meetings.
- Worked with systems area to translatebusinessneeds into system requirements.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frame with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Monitored progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
- Used Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access for Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrices (RTMs) and managed all components of the business requirements.
- Assisted with the development of test plans and strategies, coordinated testing events, and executed test cases in support of changes to businesssystems.
- Identified and managed the risks associated with programs to achieve success.
- Contributed to the knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A and documented deliverables. Ensure relevant documentation is kept up to date.
- Created and maintained Talent Management strategic roadmap for Workday and ensure demand is managed appropriately.
- Ensured prompt triage and issue resolution of reported WD issues in the Talent space inclusive of Recruiting and Performance Management functions.
- Managed upgrades/newly defined, functional & regional configurations (in consultation with core WD team).
- Provided a proactive interface between HR client groups and the Workday team to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations.
- Performed Data Analysis and data manipulation of source data from Oracle Server and other data structures to support the business organization.
- Designed and implemented basicSQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation. Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product, Integration, System and User Acceptance testing (UAT)
- Monitored the application’s performance using Nagios and managed work and workload of team members, providing feedback or requesting additional resource support, as appropriate.
- Provided guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members.
Environment: MS Project, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, MS Visio, Workday ATS, Sharepoint 2016
Confidential - Beaverton, OR
Financial Business Analyst
- Partnered with Global GM of Digital Commerce, North America Digital Commerce leadership team, and Confidential Digital Commerce leaders to drive digital financial performance and deliver timely and relevant financial analyses.
- Assisted the Project Manager and the business team in gathering requirements and documenting them.
- Developed annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and strategic plans and perform ad hoc analysis, reporting, and other tasks as requested
- Created monthly expense reports/ P&Ls and provide variance analysis for management review
- Determined financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results
- Actively interpret and review monthly P&L results with finance, project, and/or business partners, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses.
- Reviewed actuals to ensure correct accounting treatment and requesting journal entries when necessary.
- Managed accruals for quarterly close, ensuring adherence to SOX requirements for the substantiation of accruals.
- Prepared monthly forecasts and reconciliations, as well as strategic plans and annual operating plans.
- Developed high-level design of new processes and graphically presented them along with text-based requirements to IT management.
- Conducted JAD sessions to refine prototypes, prioritized and presented Use Cases.
- Worked as a primary liaison between the project team, operations team and other ethnical areas throughout the project.
- Participated in the strategic and business planning process from a financial perspective.
- Assisted in the development of annual budgets that in corporate strategic business plan objectives and appropriate assumptions.
- Participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments and provided input into business unit planning.
- Developed internal and external partnerships that leverage resources and improve business unit responsiveness.
- Ensured integrity of financial statements (management and statutory) in compliance with US GAAP.
- Created Project Plan, solicited & analyzed feedback from hierarchy in internal and external environments including wireframes, screen mock ups, and prototypes.
- Used Tableau for reporting major financial data for better understanding.
- Developed an easy to use system with the ability to display secure balance information directly from the customer's bank account directly for consolidated view of finances.
- Organized weekly project status meetings, created PowerPoint presentations, and project updates using MS Project for management review.
- Collaborated with Project Manager to do Project Planning & Tracking, Risk Management & Status.
- Reporting and Budget Control of the production parallel phase.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Rational Clear Case, SQL.
Confidential - Seattle, WA
- Gathered requirements frombusinessstakeholders for the implementation of the upcoming AEM project.
- Involved in identifying the problem definition as part of continuous process improvement using define, measure, analyze and improve to support thebusinesscontinuity of the organization
- Documented and submitted for approval business requirements documents, functional specifications document, data mapping sheets, process and business flow diagrams, test cases.
- Performed Gap Analysis, conducted and acted as a liaison between the business users, stakeholders and the team to perform requirements, quality and risk analysis.
- Involved extensively in the inception phase for understanding the scope of the project, feasibility of the implementation and define the risk factors involved in the project Gathered business requirements through sessions and analysis by interviewing users and subject matter experts (SME).
- Analyzed business/system requirements using requirements arbitrage and assigned appropriate priorities.
- Effectively managed the requirements using requirement change request during various phase of project life cycle. Ensured that all requirements, enhancements and defects for the release have been developed, fixed and tested by creating traceability matrices between all the project cases.
- Developed Test Strategies and wrote test cases for newly implemented factors for new also existing policies.
- Develop detailed Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test scripts, test execution plans for testing the functionality and usability.
- Managed change and enhancement request using Rational Clear Quest. Conducted JAD sessions for better understanding and refining of requirements in coordination with multiple teams.
- Expertise working in RALLY software. Created User story, tasks under user story and defects. Created Milestones for the deployment.
- Translated business requirements into technical details relevant to Adobe CQ5
- Assisted the developers in understanding the CQ5 templates and component requirements of the project
- Worked with developers to ensure the new requirements have a minimal impact on performance
- Used Mockup screens and User stories to convey the look and feel of GUI screens and conduct grooming sessions for developers.
- Worked with the scrum master to facilitate the daily stand- up. Helped the team maintain their burn down chart. Set up retrospectives, spring reviews and sprint planning sessions.
- Played the role of scrum master when so ever required
- Worked with web producers to ensure the quality of content authored in CQ5.
- Shielding the team from interruptions during the sprint, buy helping them resolve blockers.
- Expertise with agile/scrum methodology.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Documentum, Windows NT/XP, SQL, SQL Server, Java, Adobe CQ5, AEM, JIRA, SharePoint 2013, Adobe Photoshop, RALLY Software.
Confidential - Brenham, TX
- Work with the business users to define business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions.
- Conduct user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed, and documented business requirements based on the analysis of workflow model.
- Scrum Master for Casualty System and designed for 3 main products (General Liability, Workers Comp and Auto Liability).Scrum Master for WorldSource System and designed Standard Policy Package (SPP) using Camilion (SAP) technology using PPM and AU.
- Responsible for effectively conducting Scrum status meeting, coordinating and guiding teams on Sprint kick-offs, Sprint definition, Scrum stand-ups, QC Triage, code Merge, code drop, managing sprint backlogs and retrospectives.
- Working closely with Product owners and Scrum development team in defining Product backlog, deliverables, schedules and releases.
- Helped development team with ROM the Sprint backlog item.
- Conduct workflow, process diagram and gap analyses to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Build dashboard for decision-making based on past sales trend and market research analysis.
- Utilize the guidelines of Agile to develop a detailed implementation process ofGuidewireCenter Integration during different iterations and phases in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Gather requirements for the XML data transfers.
- Test SOAP and RESTFUL web services using different assertions like HTTP assertion, security assertions and XPATH assertions in SOAPUI.
- Involve in Data Modeling and creating ER Diagrams.
- Analyze the Business and System Requirements of the application.
- Co-author business requirements document with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members.
- Assist the testing team in developing the Test plans and test cases of guidewire billing center and review them for quality assurance based on functional requirements.
- Work with Front-end and Back-end systems.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various web based and database related applications.
- Interact with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the software.
- Develop Use case, Functional, Object diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Work under sprint Iteration model and gained expertise.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Assist the PM in performing Risk Assessment, Management and Mitigation.
- Work extensively with Mercury quality center.
- Work extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Verify the Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team.
- Experience working on Guidewire Claim Center, Billing Center, Policy Center and Portal
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, UML, SQL Server, Guidewire Claim Center, Billing Center, Policy Center and Portal
- Prepared and analyzed 'As-Is' and 'To-Be' workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented thebusinessprocess and variousbusinessscenarios and activities of thebusinessfrom the conceptual to procedural level
- Identified gaps and failure points, performed root cause analysis
- Conducted interviews, JAD sessions and gathered requirements and analyzed the requirements represented in Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) using MS Excel
- Worked with production staff to identify and map detailed current processes
- DevelopedBusinessRequirement Document (BRD) that supported overall strategy, goals and objectives
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document (FSD) to the project team
- Involved in gathering and documenting the requirements that were critical to thebusinessprocess and using those requirements to design application software using a Use Case approach
- Authenticated technical designs created by IT developers and ensured if they tallied with the functional specifications
- Experienced in facilitating Testing team of the feeds for completeness and accuracy
- Assisted and coordinated integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) prior to the release of new data feeds into production
- Implemented test plans to validate the market risk system output against market reference data feeds
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that were cost effective and metbusinessrequirements
- Extracted email addresses and sent emails using SharePoint and document details from within a workflow
- Assisted in developing test scenarios and implemented test plan
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements. Conducted project related presentations
- Prepared change request form to provide details of the changes requests, and obtained approvals from the appropriate stakeholders
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, Mercury QC, MS SharePoint, JAVA, JSP, J2EE.